Moonlight_Eevee

Pokémon Sword and Shield

The games seem really awesome so far and I'm definitely thinking that maybe I indeed should buy that Switch after all. As for starters, I really like Scorbunny since bunnies are cool to begin with. I just hope its evolutions end up being as cool too. :D I'd have a nickname ready for the fella.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:36 AM, Dalek Raptor said:

Incineroar was fire/dark but it's based off the heel wrestler so it can easily be mistaken as a fighting type plus it can learn 6 fighting type moves. Emboar apparently was based off a wrestler from somewhere. I just want to know why Nintendo has this thing about where they just make the fire starters into a generic wrestler while the other two don't suffer the same fate. You don't see Blastoise, Feraligatr, and Samurott looking the same even though they're pure water types or Meganium, Sceptile, and Serperior looking very similar in design even though they're pure grass.

It'll be very frustrating if Scorbunny suffers the same fate but at this point, I'm hoping because part of the name has 'scor' in its name, it'll be part steel

Ack! You're right, oops. Still, like you said, it's easy to mistake it for once, even it's Z move had a fighting-style to it, considering it took place in a wrestling ring. I agree regarding the other starters too, especially when they could have easily been dual-types. Feraligatr could have been part fighting considering the punching moves it can learn and the physique he has suggest he could have been. Samurott could have easily been part steel with the armored plates on its body. 

If it doesn't end up as part fighting then I'll like it. Because the bunny design is really cute and I like the markings on its ears. Hopefully as the other stages are revealed they'll get even more awesome. I hope Grookey doesn't turn out to be anything like Chespin's line. I like the basic form, but stage 1 and 2 are so ugly. >.<;

I know we keep talking about secondary types for the starters but honestly, I want them to just be water, grass, fire. I feel like they're going to be given secondary types anyway, though I think they'd be fine with no second type.

4 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I know we keep talking about secondary types for the starters but honestly, I want them to just be water, grass, fire. I feel like they're going to be given secondary types anyway, though I think they'd be fine with no second type.

Same here, I prefer single type pokemon. I'd be fine with the starters getting a second type, because that's how it's always been since gen 4 (I think), but I do hope they will be more unusual. I have seen some suggestions for water/ghost or grass/psychic, I'd like that. On that note, I hope they will be more single type pokemon, I had some trouble finding single type pokemon in Alola. Though that's just my preference.

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

Same here, I prefer single type pokemon. I'd be fine with the starters getting a second type, because that's how it's always been since gen 4 (I think), but I do hope they will be more unusual. I have seen some suggestions for water/ghost or grass/psychic, I'd like that. On that note, I hope they will be more single type pokemon, I had some trouble finding single type pokemon in Alola. Though that's just my preference.

The last time was in Gen 5 with Serperior and Samurott (along with Emboar and its very unique fire/fighting type, fire starters rarely get that typing!). Even then though it's been a while, I do agree more single-type Pokemon in general should be done. And Pokemon with not so common typings, like fire/fairy.

Is there any chance that Sword and Sheild could have a 3DS copy? I that's the only game console I have.😥

24 minutes ago, dancingalicorns said:

Is there any chance that Sword and Sheild could have a 3DS copy? I that's the only game console I have.😥

Unfortunately with the wild popularity of the Switch, the 3DS consoles are becoming obsolete with less and less games being brought out. So unfortunately for those unlucky to have a Switch, you will not be able to play Sword and Shield

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Sobble is my spirit animal

Anyhow I really hope I'll be able to grab one of these, but first I have to get a Switch and then save up for a copy of Sword or Shield for when they're released. Also I keep seeing people saying "omg scorbunny please dont be fire fighting" whereas I'm just sitting here thinking "lol i dont care" :'D Like I don't even mind if Scorbunny gets the fighting type after evolving once or twice haha, I just want the new stuff especially since I never got to be able to buy copies of anything beyond Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Silver (and even then neither of these were truly mine, Blue was my brother's and Silver was a gift from a neighbor who has long since moved out).

Sobble all the way , I mean these lil grabby cute hands omg. I am guessing its final evo will be water/ghost for some reason.

Mmm...I am looking forward to these, even planning to get a Switch solely for them, since there really hasn't been any other games that caught my interest (Except for Dark Souls and Death Mark). The Sword and Shield motif, combined with the region looking like it's based on the UK, definitely makes me think there is gonna some Arthurian inspiration. And, I mean, considering how rich the mythology of the UK is, they'd be very stupid not to draw from that.

That said, I will be choosing Sword (tradition of always getting the "Blue" version first), but the starters....I'll wait for the final evolutions to come out before I decide. I WANT to continue my other tradition of always starting with the fire type, but the fear of Scorbunny being another Fire/Fighting type is making me extremely wary. If it DOES go that way, then I'll probably go with Sobble. All depends on the final forms, tbh.

One thing I'm really looking forward to seeing is the "villainous team" of the games. THAT is gonna be interesting to see, though...after Team Skull and their antics, plus the ones that came before them., the new guys have got big shoes to fill XD 

Am I only one who thinks, that monkey starter also looks good? XD

But for scorbunny....eh...I'm afraid that it will be a bit disappointing. It even has a plaster on its nose, just alike typical Japanese depiction of person, who fights...

But now waiting for evos, because I can't say anything more.

3 hours ago, Cyberr said:

Am I only one who thinks, that monkey starter also looks good? XD

But for scorbunny....eh...I'm afraid that it will be a bit disappointing. It even has a plaster on its nose, just alike typical Japanese depiction of person, who fights...

But now waiting for evos, because I can't say anything more.

I like both the monkey and Sobble. the evolutions will make my decision from there. Hopefully the grass evolution will look way better than Chespin's line. He was cute, but the two he became? ick. no thanks. I pick Delphox every time.

Check out the 6.5 Sw/Sh direct guys!! The legendaries are here!!!

YOOOOO IT LOOKS SO GOOD

WOOLOO IS MY FAVORITE POKEMON AHHHHH. I really like all the designs so far! Corviknight is really rad looking too. The legendaries remind me of wolf-versions of Solgaleo a little bit so I like them!! The wild areas look cool, I'm glad there are some overworld pokemon at least. 

Dynamaxing is a bit...overwhelming haha. It looks interesting though. I can't wait to dynamax a Rapidash >:D 

Bit sad to not see any 2nd forms of the starters, really wanted to see what Sobble evolves into.

Also not keen at all on Dynamaxing, kinda falls into the same boat as mega evolution for me as I just don't care for them and they just seem unnecessary(as pokemon like Pinsir imo deserved a proper evolution), only new feature they have made recently I have no real problem with was Z moves....but it is what it is I guess kinda dig Dynamax for the 4 player raid things but other then that its just...bleh

Also anyone else getting a Dark Souls vibe from Zacian as he's basically just a giant wolf with a sword in his mouth....and there's a Dark Souls boss that's just a giant wolf holding a sword lol

The new legendaries look so cool and so silly at the same time! They're quite literally just sword and shield wolves, such good doggos tho, can't complain. Dynamaxing seems... weird? But I hope it's gonna be implemented smoothly in the game and that it will someday make some sense. Not super keen on the max raids either, since I don't have any friends who play Pokemon and/or have a Switch. Oh, and I totally agree with @hazeh, Wooloo is AMAZING! Such fluff, much braids, very cute. Will want approximately one million of those.  

12 hours ago, hazeh said:

YOOOOO IT LOOKS SO GOOD

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, NINTENDO!

I just watched the Direct this morning. I'm digging Zamazenta more than Zacian, but I love them both. 

I am definitely raising Wooloo, and that dark bird whose name they didn't reveal yet. Not a big fan (no pun intended) of Dynamaxing yet, I'll have to wait and see it in action. I wasn't a fan of mega evolution when it first came out, and still don't use it, but I'm fine with it as a mechanic now.

Seeing the trailer and some new pokemon made me feel like I'd really like to play the game! The new pokemon seen in the trailer are neat, I'm going to agree with the others and say that Wooloo is really cute. I'm not completely sure how I feel about Dynamaxing though but I don't think it's bad exactly; it actually seems pretty cool. There's been mega evolution and now there's mega size.

7 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, NINTENDO!

I just watched the Direct this morning. I'm digging Zamazenta more than Zacian, but I love them both. 

I am definitely raising Wooloo, and that dark bird whose name they didn't reveal yet. Not a big fan (no pun intended) of Dynamaxing yet, I'll have to wait and see it in action. I wasn't a fan of mega evolution when it first came out, and still don't use it, but I'm fine with it as a mechanic now.

They actually,did reveal it as Corviknight

I got way to excited when I saw wooloo, had to explain to coworkers who were explaining their bad day to each other behind me I wasn't laughing at them.

Sheep are my spirit animal, so excited to have a new one, I'd like to see it evolve into something majestic with really cool horns.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:03 AM, Dalek Raptor said:

They actually,did reveal it as Corviknight

Thank you Dalek, this is what I get for squeeing through the entire Direct and not giving it my full attention. XD 

Someone leaked all these information in May and they all came true. That person told the name of the champion, Leon etc.. and all those leaks are also. These are all he posted in May. I am positive that they are not  false info since he already told about Leon, Milo, Dynamaxing etc... You can search for it :P it mentions many cool things.

Edited by rayheart

@rayheart heyo, can you put spoiler tags so people who don't want to be spoiled won't see it?

2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

@rayheart heyo, can you put spoiler tags so people who don't want to be spoiled won't see it?

I rather removed the leak info . Better this way I guess. 

I am calling my character Artorias, just so that, when I catch Zacian, I have an excuse to call it Sif.