Moonlight_Eevee

Pokémon Sword and Shield

3 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

That shouldn't be hard to fix.  Just spam Max Raids and use the candies to get your team to 60.  That's what I did.  Wait... No, it was 70.  The battle with Hop at the end of the post game story is brutal if you're not 70.  Gotta love those NPC battles where they have Legendaries.  :P

Yeah um my team is currently lvl 82-85ish. Was running around for wild pokes for quite some time.

My concern is that I end up with a lvl 60 Togepi or Clefairy. Would have preferred lower levels to raise and evolve. 

4 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Yeah um my team is currently lvl 82-85ish. Was running around for wild pokes for quite some time.

My concern is that I end up with a lvl 60 Togepi or Clefairy. Would have preferred lower levels to raise and evolve. 

Oh, that's not a problem at all.  Even if you evolve your Clefairy, you can just use the Move Relearner to get all the moves that you missed out on.  And as for Togepi, just stock up on berries and camp with it.  Play with it until it gets hungry then feed it curry.  Repeat without leaving the camp until it reaches three hearts and it should also get enough experience at the end to level up, and immediately evolve.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Oh I know about the move re-learner and how to raise happiness. Just woulda liked to spend some quality time with the Togepi before boxing.

Maybe I'll just breed it and try for a shiny.  

2 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Oh I know about the move re-learner and how to raise happiness. Just woulda liked to spend some quality time with the Togepi before boxing.

Maybe I'll just breed it and try for a shiny.  

Ah.  I understand.  And shiny breeding is always an option.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, Lightstorm12000 said:

I found another Tart Apple! :D  So, I can trade with you as soon as you're ready.  I also realized that I'm going to need to do a back-and-forth trade with Zacian and Zamazenta too.

I've got a Sableye, so whenever we can group up. I've got Zamazenta, so we can do that too, if you still need to.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, Raikielia said:

I've got a Sableye, so whenever we can group up. I've got Zamazenta, so we can do that too, if you still need to.

I'm so sorry!  I had a family emergency and had to leave on short notice.  I don't need Zamazenta anymore, but I can get you a Mawile with the Tart Apple as soon as we can.

Man I'm like 2-ish hours into Sword now (finally got some time to start it lol) and I'm already looking for a way to just delete Hop from my game.....he's already bugging me lol.

I just finished the story and during the championship battles i was thinking "Hmm maybe i over-leveled" then i reached post game and i was like NOPE IM GOOD because the difficulty scaling went from 1-100 real fast

On one hand I could be mildly interested in this game, now that I got back into working on my Pokedex in Y and Alpha Sapphire... but on the other hand, Sword and Shield just have way too many problems for me to be able to overlook. :( The Dex cut is a big issue since I love variety in the Pokemon games, being able to build whatever team I feel like using, and... honestly, I really really dislike almost all the new pokemon added in Sword and Shield. They just look... awful and uninteresting. There's graphical bugs up the wazoo, the whole game just feels incredibly empty and lifeless, Dynamax/Gigantamax is probably the most idiotic gimmick in the entire series, I hear the Exp. Share cannot be turned off which just makes the game stupidly easy, which is especially bad considering how there was literally nothing in X/Y, OR/AS or even Sun/Moon that felt even remotely difficult to me, even if my team was at the same level as the opponent or even slightly below it.

But I guess it's alright. I skipped out on Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon so skipping out on Sword/Shield is not an issue at all. If you folks can enjoy these games, good for you; I doubt I'll ever be interested in trying them out.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, Lightstorm12000 said:

I'm so sorry!  I had a family emergency and had to leave on short notice.  I don't need Zamazenta anymore, but I can get you a Mawile with the Tart Apple as soon as we can.

No problem, take your time. Though, does just trading the item work? Every thing I read says that the apples traded to the opposite version won't work.

11 hours ago, Raikielia said:

No problem, take your time. Though, does just trading the item work? Every thing I read says that the apples traded to the opposite version won't work.

They work if they're traded.  Someone traded me a Sweet Apple and it worked just fine on an Applin that I caught.

1 hour ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

They work if they're traded.  Someone traded me a Sweet Apple and it worked just fine on an Applin that I caught.

Oh, good!

Well I'm now 15hrs in, just got my 4th badge and I feel like I'm pretty over leveled with my team all being between lvl 45-lvl 47 lol.

Currently rocking: Cinderace (always pick the fire starters), Orbeetle, Toxtricity, Drednaw, Grimmsnarl and Flapple....Flapple also Gigantamax's or whatever the other Dynamax form is called.

Been trying to get a Dreepy to replace Flapple as my dragon mon but none of the raids i've done have him, dunno if im unlucky or just looking in the wrong bits as I've heard he does appear in raids.

18 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Well I'm now 15hrs in, just got my 4th badge and I feel like I'm pretty over leveled with my team all being between lvl 45-lvl 47 lol.

Currently rocking: Cinderace (always pick the fire starters), Orbeetle, Toxtricity, Drednaw, Grimmsnarl and Flapple....Flapple also Gigantamax's or whatever the other Dynamax form is called.

Been trying to get a Dreepy to replace Flapple as my dragon mon but none of the raids i've done have him, dunno if im unlucky or just looking in the wrong bits as I've heard he does appear in raids.

Dreepy are pretty rare.  They only appear on the island in the Lake of Outrage which you can only reach once you get the bike upgrade after the 6th gym. And even then, they only appear in the grass and rarely, only 1%-2% of the time during Rain and Thunderstorms.  You can also find them in Fog, but that's postgame only.  😕

Missed a shiny GMAX Dreadnaw as well now T-T

What balls are best for dens? Maybe I'm missing a trick.

Is anyone with Shield needing Sword versions of GMAX Alcremie? I need Rainbow.

Edited by Fortune86

So I'm still after Dreepy lol, I went and got my 7th badge as the only 1 I saw spawned at lvl 51 and 6 badges only let me get lvl 50 under, did find out setting the day to 1st of November makes it thunder so that's a thing.

I dunno at this point I might just buy the Nintendo online thing and try get 1 in a mystery trade lol.

Also at this point I'm getting fed up with Rotom and Noivern....stupid overworld spawns that hunt me down.

Edit: about 5 mins after this post I got a catchable Drakloak to spawn....I mean it will do and I guessI'll breed for a Dreepy pokedex entry lol

Edited by smokeytripod

Hey! I have a few questions:

Is anyone with a game in a diff language willing to trade a ditto? I have a ditto from a English game to trade.

Do Dreepy spawn in the actual lake, or in the area where the Eeveeloutions sometimes spawn?

Is Gigantamax breedable? So far all 245 Charmanders I’ve bred from my Gigantamax Charizard haven’t been Gigantamax.

Anyone willing to trade Zamenzenta for just a sec, then trade back? I can do it with Zashian or Eternatus as proof I won’t steal it.

Is anyone willing to trade any fossil Pokémon besides Arctozolt for a Duraladon(lvl66)?

And finally, anyone willing to trade a Sobble or Grooky for a Scorbunny?

Does anyone with Shield want to trade their Appletun/Ponyta for a Flapple or any other Sword exclusives?

also does Pokémon Home work for Pokémon Go?

Edited by Camiuoo

I can answer at least some of your questions.  Dreepy spawn on the island itself, but only during certain weather conditions.  Fog, rain and thunderstorms.  That being said, they're very rare, so your search could take you awhile.  But I have noticed that a lot of people are trading Dreepy through the Wonder Box in Pokémon Home, so you can try that.

Unfortunately, the trait that allows for Gigantimaxing isn't breedable.  You can only get them from Max Raids.

The fossils that you use to revive the new fossil Pokémon, are all in both games, it's just that two of them are rarer in one game than they are the other.  You'll just need to spend a lot of watts to get them.

There are also a lot of starters and version exclusives being traded through Surprise Trading and Wonder Box, though the Legendaries and Flapple/Appletun are noticeably absent from this.  Your best bet is to find someone who has gotten their second Sweet Apple from Axew's Eye and will trade you a Pokémon that's holding it in addition to a back-and-forth trade for Zamazenta.

And as for Go support in Home, we can't transfer Pokémon from Go to Home.  ...yet.  They have promised that we'll be able to at some point in the future, but for now, we're only able to transfer Gen 1 Pokémon to Sw/Sh from Go through Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and then through Home.  And, of course, they have to be in the Galar Pokédex as well.

I'm just swinging by to point out that the current den event gives a high chance of nabbing exclusives from the other version, so if you don't have the online thingy or find trades hard to set up try farming dens.  

I found a few event Pokémon already, a Rapidash that got away, a Pincurchin, a female Indeedee who I didn’t even bother to enter the raid of because I already have one. 

Also, since the event started I’ve seen two G-Max Machamps, a G-Max Gengar, and a G-Max Snorlax. All were in normal raids, not max raids. Before the event I never even found any G-Max Pokémon, and now they show up practically everywhere.

Edited by Camiuoo

Found a Ponyta in a raid, so I’m that much closer to finishing the pokedex 

I finally set up Pokémon Home, so now I have a lovely Japanese Pikachu to mass-breed with a Ditto for the Masuda Method.

And finally found a Stonjourner in a raid

Just realized something- the Applin evolutions aren’t game-exclusive after all. You can get the apples needed to evolve them from raid battles. 
That’s how I got my Appletun, even though I have Sword.