53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dragon should we collect?

• Salt
    • Blacktip
    • Waterhorse
    • Ash
    • Other (comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2019 at 05:19 AM

Hello everyone!

This is the official thread for the 2019 Holly Contest.  We may be a little late getting started, but there is still plenty of time to collect dragons and win prizes!

If you have suggestions for which dragons to collect this year, please post them below.

Edited by The Holly Contest

10 minutes ago, Mittens12 said:

What is the holly contest?

The Holly Contest is where you collect one type of dragon all year round and at the end of it all, you can pick a prize of anyone Holly someone is donating be it 2g from a female Holly or any gorgeous lineage Holly

Ohh

Edited by Mittens12

@The Holly Contest also, isn't Salt and Blacktips the same thing? (Also, please give me an excuse to collect Ash dragons all year long)

14 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

@The Holly Contest also, isn't Salt and Blacktips the same thing? (Also, please give me an excuse to collect Ash dragons all year long)

Yes, yes it is.  Whoops, should've condensed those into one poll option.

1 minute ago, The Holly Contest said:

Yes, yes it is.  Whoops, should've condensed those into one poll option.

It's okay, just combine the two when the raffle closes so like, rn it's 4 overall

I chose other because I personally think Turpentine would be a great option! Maybe we could actually make them less common by hoarding them for a year... plus, newer breeds (e. g. Ash) might be super common now but could naturally get more uncommon as time goes on (as they most likely haven't reach their end level of rarity yet) :o

I love the ash dragons and they get in the way so much when i am egg hunting... though i will be just as happy with any of the others as the ash are still very new... and they may end up very uncommon by the end of the year with everyone hunting them

edit: according to http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Ash_Dragon the ash dragon is uncommon thus I would like to change my vote from ash to blacktip

since ash have been calming down lately should be removed from the running

Edited by Zerhai
added more info

4 hours ago, Zerhai said:

I love the ash dragons and they get in the way so much when i am egg hunting... though i will be just as happy with any of the others as the ash are still very new... and they may end up very uncommon by the end of the year with everyone hunting them

edit: according to http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Ash_Dragon the ash dragon is uncommon thus I would like to change my vote from ash to blacktip

since ash have been calming down lately should be removed from the running

I wanted ash on the list so I can use this as an excuse to hunt them. But it looks like I'm not going to join in on this. While I like other dragons, Ash is just on the top of my list *shrug*

13 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

The Holly Contest is where you collect one type of dragon all year round and at the end of it all, you can pick a prize of anyone Holly someone is donating be it 2g from a female Holly or any gorgeous lineage Holly

I get it a little bit, but I don’t understand the last part of your message. Also we have to choose a common dragon to hoard?

3 minutes ago, Wolves-and-Wings said:

I get it a little bit, but I don’t understand the last part of your message. Also we have to choose a common dragon to hoard?

The Hollies are donated by different people. 2017 we had someone donating a 2g from a female Holly. Most of the time it's a nice and neat lineage like a 5g checker or a 6g spiral. And yes, we vote for the dragon we want to hoard throughout the year and whoever wins gets to choose whatever Holly they want

13 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

My vote goes to the "Hogwarts" dragons as I see them in cave most often.

I'd agree with this simply because they really do seem to appear in the cave a *lot*, using one of them (or all of them!) for the contest might help with that a bit. The wiki lists them all as Uncommon but I certainly don't think they are. If the idea is an older common breed, though (I don't know, I've never participated before!) I'd go with Blacktips, they seem to be waaaay too common in the AP lately.

I voted other - Pyrovar. I can barely hunt in the volcano because all i ever see are these things clogging up the screen

to be very honest I don't care what dragon is chosen.... I enjoy this project

i'm actually not sure yet - all the "strange markings" eggs seem to be the most common to me but i guess 4 breeds would be too much haha. i voted other and i'm going with black cappeds because they seem to be the most common in what seems to be the most unloved biome - the coast.

the poll closes tonight i can't wait

Edited by Zerhai
hmm

I can't wait either. I voted Blacktip cause I'm a big fan of salt and I think they'd be pretty to have on my scroll. I've already taken the leap to collecting them