Vain.3805

BALLOON LEVITATE BSA

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

IF this were to happen, I'd want a limit of only *one* dragon 'floated' at a time. I very much agree that Earthquake is a very very powerful action, and overpowering it even *more* by completely eliminating risks (which is what this suggestion seems to mostly be about) isn't something I see as a Good Thing. Yes, Earthquake kills eggs a good amount of the time. That doesn't negate how powerful it *can* be, though; It has the ability to immediate hatch your eggs at any time you choose, *well* before they are properly able to. I'd count that as a very powerful ability, regardless of the current 'kills everything' risks. So to add an action that totally negates the 'kills everything' risk.... DC has *always* had guidelines against 'overpowering' your dragon concepts. Always. I'd think an Earthquake with no risks is just way too overpowered for this game. 

There should be *some* risk to Earthquake, regardless of if this suggestion happens or not. So no to being able to 'float' every single egg you have, and use Earthquake with no risk of death at all. At *most* it should be able to protect half of your eggs (so maybe it scales with trophy, or with how many you actually have at the time).

To be honest, I can agree with this. Being able to spare one egg at a time from an Earthquake, with a considerable cooldown and fail rate perhaps, I would support.

With the exception of one thing - the Balloon Dragon. Sorry, lol. While I know that this is fiction, and I know that dragons aren't real, and magic exists in the world, I feel like there might be a better chance of this BSA happening if a different dragon were to be chosen. I already stated my reasons, because the more far-fetched breeds on the site were only allowed on the site because of the standards not being so tight back then, and realism wasn't as focussed on. This has been said, and hounded down on in the Requests sections. I will reiterate: I know this is a fictional world where dragons exist, but it's pointless arguing that when the owner himself has said he wants to keep it as realistic as possible.

Even if that wasn't a problem, I'd still find issue with the fact that somehow the Balloon Dragon gets the egg to float. The dragon itself doesn't float using magic, it has a light gas inside of it - so how would it get that gas inside the egg without destroying the growing foetus?

I believe there are dragons that could be similarly suited to this concept, like Ash Dragons hiding the egg in its back scales, a Canopy hiding the egg amongst the tallest of trees, or even a dragon with strong magical powers making it levitate.

1 hour ago, olympe said:

What do you mean about "eliminating risks"? The eggs where the risk gets eliminated also don't have a chance to get hatched. What EQ then does is the same as the kill action - which achieves pretty much the same result when used on eggs - only that it targets all eggs instead of just one - and is available when you don't have any kill slots left. So, if you float every single egg on your scroll and use EQ, all you get is, "Green Dragon used Earthquake. Nothing happened." (If you see a Pokémon joke in here, you may keep it.)

I mean 'eliminating risks' because the huge risk of using Earthquake is killing valuable eggs. This BSA would take away that risk by 'floating' the valuable eggs and not allowing Earthquake to affect them, thereby protecting it from that risk. That's what I mean by eliminating risks. Sure, you don't get the *benefit* of Earthquake on those particular eggs, but you still get that benefit on all the other eggs, with the risk eliminated from those eggs you deem valuable. I personally don't think that's a good thing, though obviously some do. 

Edited by HeatherMarie
grammar

@RealWilliamShakespeare Could we please stop finding fault with the dragon itself. The Balloon dragon is in the game and its lore already states it can float. That isn't changing and just because you find it 'silly' isn't a reason to not give it a BSA. I don't even like the dragon, I have 0 of them, but even I'm not gonna say it was a mistake.. the only 'realism' involved with making a BSA is if the dragon itself is actually capable of the action.

And I did offer a proposition for how it makes the egg float, no magic involved- it can just pick it up and float while holding the egg. Simple, easy, not magical. And I think it'd be better than a dragon holding it that has to fly because flapping wings and being shaken around can't be good for the egg. And putting an egg in a tree? Anything still connected to the ground will shake in an earthquake.

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

And putting an egg in a tree? Anything still connected to the ground will shake in an earthquake.

And the egg would probably fall to the ground and be smashed!

I think it is perfectly reasonable for the Balloon dragon to be able to float while carrying the egg that is to be protected. While some may not like the Balloon dragon, it already exists and has properties that definitely would make it useful for this action.

I think that one Balloon dragon should only be able to carry one egg and there should be a limit to how many Balloons you can use at once.

Frankly, unless the success rate of Earthquake is increased, I would never use this BSA myself because I would never use Earthquake, but I can see it being attractive to some who are less averse to risk.

Edited by purplehaze

12 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Also, my original qualm with the concept is that is targets Balloons; the site is trying to distance itself from the unrealism of an inflatable dragon, and dragons made out of paper and whatnot. Making a BSA for one of the jokey breeds would be like opening up that door again, which I understand DC is trying to avoid. 

Says who ?

5 hours ago, Vain.3805 said:

Where does it say the site is trying to get away from the realism of inflatable dragons?

DRAGONS.  AREN'T.  REAL.  Realism is highly debatable at this point of ANY of the Dragons!

Just because you want super serial dragons doesn't mean that's what TJ wants...

I mean... have you not seen a frikkin Red-lipped batfish... it's a fish... that looks like a bat... wearing lipstick.

Or a Tufted deer?  It's Vampire Bambi.

An Aye-aye?  The Waterbear?  You wanna go find the Architect and explain that these things are just not serious enough for your existence?

The once known as a platapus thing?

This.

4 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Yeah, it's literally outlined that inanimate object dragons aren't allowed in cave anymore. If someone tried making a concept like that, it'd be rejected immediately. So yeah, TJ himself doesn't want that. He has commented on concepts in the past stating these wishes as well.

Adding on a feature like this BSA to a species like that is, imo, essentially reviving the idea that these dragons are okay and accepted, when the opposite is true.

The Balloon dragon is not an inanimate object. And it is SO OK.

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@RealWilliamShakespeare Could we please stop finding fault with the dragon itself. The Balloon dragon is in the game and its lore already states it can float. That isn't changing and just because you find it 'silly' isn't a reason to not give it a BSA. I don't even like the dragon, I have 0 of them, but even I'm not gonna say it was a mistake.. the only 'realism' involved with making a BSA is if the dragon itself is actually capable of the action.

And I did offer a proposition for how it makes the egg float, no magic involved- it can just pick it up and float while holding the egg. Simple, easy, not magical. And I think it'd be better than a dragon holding it that has to fly because flapping wings and being shaken around can't be good for the egg. And putting an egg in a tree? Anything still connected to the ground will shake in an earthquake.

YES. It is a dragon, it is in the game; I don't see TJ saying there's anything wrong with it; I STILL live in hope of the Weather Balloons making it into the cave. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the rest of us want it limited. I can't think of a dragon better suited to this BSA.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I mean 'eliminating risks' because the huge risk of using Earthquake is killing valuable eggs. This BSA would take away that risk by 'floating' the valuable eggs and not allowing Earthquake to affect them, thereby protecting it from that risk. That's what I mean by eliminating risks. Sure, you don't get the *benefit* of Earthquake on those particular eggs, but you still get that benefit on all the other eggs, with the risk eliminated from those eggs you deem valuable. I personally don't think that's a good thing, though obviously some do. 

You can still take away this risk by using the kill action, actually. Within (kill) limits, but still. So, the only benefit of this Levitate + EQ combination gives is to let you circumvent your kill limits for eggs only. Which doesn't seem like a big deal to me. First of all, you'll still need to wait for 2 weeks for your kill slots (plus the extras) to be given back to you - and EQ's purpose isn't killing eggs in the first place. Not to mention that there's nothing you can do with dead eggs. Hatchies and/or adults you can try to revive - but not eggs.

(That being said, I don't use Earthquake, and I wouldn't do it if we could levitate, either.)

Balloon to carry, daydream to use their cloud (except they already can breed a hybrid)... the trick is yes every dragon could have a way to protect the eggs from something but earthquake immune eggs should need to be in zero contact with the ground even to the extent of not being in contact with a dragon that is on the ground (do balloons land?  Even their eggs float)

One egg per scroll sounds good to me

10 hours ago, Vain.3805 said:

daydream to use their cloud

Encyclopedia says:

Do not attempt to ride clouds with them, you will fall through the cloud they try to catch you on.

I suspect the same would be true for eggs.