Aerilyna

Cannot Name Dragons/Do Most BSA

So I’ve been trying for the past 2 days to name a few adult dragons and hatchlings, but I’m not able to. I’m able to select “Name” under their actions, but whenever I click “Name this dragon” or enter, nothing happens. Reloading the page hasn’t worked, and I haven’t gotten any notifications about there being an error with my names (Two of them I’ve tried are Violetaura and Crystal Fireshard). I also checked, and saw I can’t do any BSA (incubate, influence, etc.) except Splash with a Shallow Water Dragon. Is there any way to fix this? Any help is appreciated!

120976C2-247F-46F3-91C4-76A59F57437A.png

FE9E795C-14D7-4CBE-A675-B36E89DB4C26.png

Edited by Aerilyna
New problems came up that I forgot to mention

FIRST as regards BSAs...

1. MANY of our BSAs work on hatchlings or eggies only. Fertility works on adults.

2. BSA stands for Breed Specific Ability so that means that only certain breeds have the ability to use 'em. For instance only red dragons can incubate, only greens can earthquake and only pinks can influence. Fertility requires purples.

Chances are you just need to collect a few more dragons of the right breeds to fix that problem, :)

SECOND as regards naming...

You may be trying to name the dragons something that is already taken.... the site doesn't allow duplicate names. just a thought.

"Violetaura" doesn't seem to be taken, though.

Them mentioning the Splash action seems to indicate that they have an idea about which dragons to use for BSAs, after all, you can temp-filter by availability for BSA. Splash is the only BSA that doesn't require any input.

I'm thinking Aerilyna may need to delete cache and cookies and try again. Maybe some script made it incompletely into their cache or somesuch.

You can see from the image that the name is available. The OP is an experienced player - I don't think not knowing how BSAs work is an issue. I am betting on a corrupt cookie.

I do know which dragons use certain BSA, you’re right. Although I find it weird how I can use Splash, but not Incubate or Influence (Of course the useless one works). I’ve also tested with Teleport and Earthquake, but none of them work. If specifics help, I’ve been trying to incubate/influence eggs, and name hatchlings/adults. As for names, it does show a checkmark when the name is available, and it’s worked until a day or two ago. It’s just a sudden error as far as I can tell. I’m pretty sure the X would appear if the name was taken. If more screenshots of dragons and their BSA or the checkmarked names are needed, I’ll gladly provide them. Thank you for all responses so far!

Seriously - find and kill your dc cookies - a manual delete, not just a "delete all cookies" - that doesn't do it.That's worked in the past for all sorts of stuff like this.

ETA but make SURE you know your password and can access your DC email first.... because then you WILL be logged out, and will need to get back in !.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Well I cleared the cookies, but I wasn’t signed out. However, I did manage to name a dragon and incubate an egg, right before the problem resumed. It’s really weird how that happened. I’ll play with a few things and see if I can find a permanent solution.

Edited by Aerilyna
Fixed issue

If you weren't signed out there are still cookies in there....I just took a look at mine - there are FIFTEEN :blink:

Woah, really? Where do you find them? I’ll try looking again and see if I can find them, maybe it’ll do the trick.

This looks like the mobile version of the site, so maybe google for "delete cookies" + your device name?

I’m using an iPhone, and I clicked the clear website data thing, and still I wasn’t signed out. I’m going to dig deeper and see if I’m doing something wrong. Hopefully I’ll find something to resolve this.

10 hours ago, Aerilyna said:

Woah, really? Where do you find them? I’ll try looking again and see if I can find them, maybe it’ll do the trick.

I have no idea where you find them on a phone, but in a normal browser, I go to options . security  > view cookies.

Oooh:

https://appsliced.co/ask/how-do-i-delete-individual-cookies-from-my-iphone

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Just cleared all cookies, but still nothing. I’m starting to think this isn’t a cookie problem...

845B4AB5-813A-490A-93C8-0E4488E0D529.png

I accidentally asked a mobile browser to "never show this again" (about name pop-ups) so now I can't name anything on that browser.  The button clicks but it doesn't go through. That might be the problem for you but on all pop-up confirmation actions? Dunno how to fix it though.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I’m using a pop-up blocker like always, but I’ve had it since I got my phone years ago, so I don’t think pop-ups would be the problem. I turned it off, but that didn’t help. However, I’m not sure about a script blocker. I’m pretty sure I’ve never used one since I don’t know what it is exactly. But what Shadowdrake described with the click not going through is what I’m experiencing with trying to use a BSA or name action. This is such a weird bug!

Actually, this isn't a popup like an ad, it's a javascript alert box popping up. In this case, it might actually *help* you to disable javascript, as then the site does not expect you to run through it. Javascript is only needed for fertility and for events, usually, and for putting that checkmark next to the name while you are typing. It's not actually necessary for BSAs on eggs, or the actual naming.

I couldn't find much information about re-enabling that alert box in safari on iphone (someone mentioned deleting a .plist file, but that was for a Mac), but maybe another browser would do the trick as well.

Well I’ll have to keep looking, it’s just weird how this appeared so suddenly and my phone might be the issue. But I’m appreciating all of the help everyone is putting into this, I really really appreciate it!