Kestra62

Dragon Descriptions?

So i just learned that descriptions need to be approve by mods and stuff that part i getbut why do they have such strict rules and why can people vote stuff on them? Like im extrmemely embarssed now learning about that and im curious as to why this is a thing? 

Since descriptions are published on the site and visible to anyone who visits the site, they are held to a certain quality standard, and a standard of fitting into the lore.

So rp dragons basiclly? It doesnt really make sense to me for a pet game but good to know im just gonna avoid from writing them entirely tbh since i dont really like the whole people can vote things on them alone and such thanks for the quick response though

It's not really "voting".  Users review them and let you know things that need fixed such as spelling errors or sentence structure.  This also helps mods approve them faster, because if you have several "accepts" it means it looks good as is.  The more things that need fixed, the less likely a mod can just do it which means it has to be rejected until those issues are fixed.  No one is comparing your descriptions to others and saying yours isnt as good, it's really to your benefit because it means you have multiple proof-readers.

Edited by DragonLady86

Yeah, the user reviews just help moderators get through them faster. There's... a lot of them to get through :P

If descriptions interest you, or you'd like to see the type of feedback users post you can check these threads:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/158360-description-force/

This one is for posting your description to get more/better help than just the limited comments users can post to a pending description.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/83183-description-comments/

Where as this one,  people post their descriptions along with user comments, either to thank people or to get clarification.

Once a description is approved by a mod all the user comments disappear. as seen here: https://dragcave.net/view/qQgg

Honestly i just wanted to write simple funny notes about some of my dragons like oh this was my first so an so or how i wrote a funny thing for my ridge x neb pair that didnt wanna breed so yeah x.x im not a big writer or anything like that and i dont really want to have to learn the site lore just to write stuff for my dragons so thanks but im not gonna really bother with it in general ^^"

Site lore isn't really needed. Think medieval, that's all (so no flying cars, or cars in general).

Some people write descriptions based on puns only :lol: @Dirtytabs for example. Check out their high-lighted group "Groaners"!

Dirtytabs is an excellent example of having fun with descriptions that still fit within the rules. As long as you don't overpower your dragon, use proper grammar, use American English, and fit the time period (medieval, as Ruby mentioned) you'll be fine. Member votes help us prioritize descriptions, but in the end the mods approve them. :)