igloo9201

The Indigo Clan | Nhiostrife Even-Gen | Charity Lineage!

I was waiting to see if I could catch another CB before reporting the eggs but no luck... So here's the first offsprings :

I would like to report an egg! 

Generation: 2nd gen

Lineage Link: First and second

I'll leave one here since they're siblings : Claim the egg!

16 hours ago, Lychnis said:

I was waiting to see if I could catch another CB before reporting the eggs but no luck... So here's the first offsprings :

Generation: 2nd gen

Lineage Link: First and second

I'll leave one here since they're siblings : Claim the egg!

Took it, thank you! Once mine are grown, I'll share their 2g here too :)

Aaaand here's another pair of CBs!

Lineage Link: One and two

Editing to add two others before the holidays :

Lineage Link: One and two

Edited by Lychnis

Hey everyone! Just as an update, the reason I have been MIA is because school is once again kicking my butt a little. I graduate this May so then I will never have to worry about school again, huzzah!

Whenever I have more free time I will track everyone’s scores, get a prize list going, etc. Just wanted to let everyone know that the lineage hasn’t been abandoned, I am just very busy! Please keep breeding and catching CBs!

Don't worry, there's no rush for the scores (from my side at least). ^^

I've been breeding whenever I've had space apart from other projects, so here's an opportunity to count them all... :

(Slowly inching towards the fourth gen but i've been set back a little, my fault for not paying attention to which pink were available. Now i've got too much 2nd females and not enough males.)

The Group(tm)

CBs

Lineage Link: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven 

2nd Gen

Lineage Link: One, two, three, four

3rd Gen

Lineage Link: One

Egg report! My first egg! 

2nd gen, from my only two Indigo adults!

7 hours ago, TheMysticFrog said:

Is it regular to trade 2nd gens over this thread? If so and you're looking for an egg not related to your own, I'd be happy to swap!

17 hours ago, dracornithologist said:

Egg report! My first egg! 

2nd gen, from my only two Indigo adults!

Is it regular to trade 2nd gens over this thread? If so and you're looking for an egg not related to your own, I'd be happy to swap!

It can be a fun little thing to do! Which one of my 2nd gens would you like in return? I can pm you with the transfer code.

Posted (edited)

I would love to trade 1 with you! Let me clear out a slot or two and breed one real quick! Just a sec.....

Well that did not go well! 2 pair and both sets showed no interest in each other so now will have to wait for them to cool down and try switching the mates around and see if they might change their minds. pouts I am so sorry, I have not run into this very many times, contrary things!

Edited by madameM

25 minutes ago, madameM said:

I would love to trade 1 with you! Let me clear out a slot or two and breed one real quick! Just a sec.....

Well that did not go well! 2 pair and both sets showed no interest in each other so now will have to wait for them to cool down and try switching the mates around and see if they might change their minds. pouts I am so sorry, I have not run into this very many times, contrary things!

It's all good. I plan on using most of them for breeding anyway!

Posted (edited)

Crawling out of my hole...

SO excited to see the 6th gen, that is truly incredible! We are so close to reaching 9th generation now!

Also, I've seen some people on the thread talking about trading 2nd gens. This is perfectly fine! I just want to make sure everyone remembers how exactly this works since each and every CB pair can only have ONE offspring become part of the even gen. This means that, if you breed a 2nd gen and give it to someone else, you cannot use any more eggs from the parents to make further generations. This is to avoid inbreeding. Just make sure you're keeping track of which dragons you have bred and then sent the eggs away. Because of how this works, swapping 2nd gens won't make the breeding any faster. But! I think it's very fun, and sweet. You get to raise each others' babies and see your clanmates' lines on your scrolls, which I love! This is one of my favorite things about the lineage - how collaborative it is, and seeing all the lines of Indigos come together. I'm usually the only one who gets to have all your descendants on my scroll, so I love seeing all of you engage in this and share that joy.

A Word on Leaderboards and Prizes:

As you have all seen, I have been really struggling to keep up with some admin stuff. 💔

An idea I had for a potential solution is this: what if we scored on a quarterly basis rather than once every month?

Here's what I like about this idea:

• Fewer prizes to dole out. This could be seen as a letdown for project members, since there would only be 4 rounds of prizes per year. The upside of this is that we would perhaps be able to pull together more exciting/quality prizes than JUST having BSA dragons.
  • More interesting leaderboards! Since this lineage is an even-gen, it is very naturally pretty slow-paced. A lot of people have times where they take breaks (myself included), so sometimes only ONE person will score in a month. If we did quarterly leaderboards, the rankings would be based on the past three months' activity, which gives all of you more of a chance to end up on the leaderboard and push for that top spot if you have the desire.
  • MORE CONSISTENCY. This update would change my workload a lot, which would help me keep up with the lineage better. Going from 12 scoreboards/prizes to 4 would be something I could commit to much more easily.

Please let me know what you all think of this proposal - the experience for YOU, my beloved clanmates, is always my top priority. I want everyone to have fun and feel satisfied here!

Little Tasks:

I have now added all our new members to the members list! Y'all are blowing me AWAY with how many dragons you've nabbed and bred lately. 

Eggs:

1 x 2nd gen (1)

Edited by igloo9201

On 3/10/2024 at 10:06 AM, igloo9201 said:

Please let me know what you all think of this proposal - the experience for YOU, my beloved clanmates, is always my top priority. I want everyone to have fun and feel satisfied here!

Thank you for all this information, and also for putting this clan together! 💙💜🖤☺️

I think changing the leaderboard to quarterly makes a lot of sense, and I definitely support it! I'm excited to go hunting for nhios and start on some generations once I have some more pairs! 

Posted (edited)

Egg Report, got a new CB SEVERAL new CBs! (1, 2, 3)

As another little administrative thing, I decided to make a Google Form to work on deciding how leaderboards should be dealt with, as well as allowing everyone to vote on the possibility of having a Discord server for the lineage, if anyone thinks that would make things easier. A server could also potentially end up being used to host other projects as well.

Here is the form: https://forms.gle/sPCoPC6vBvLtQcfcA

Edited by igloo9201

I would like to report three eggs (dragons now)!

Generation: 1st

Lineage Link: Ecologist of Indigo

Generation: 1st

Lineage Link: Indigo Hydrologist

Generation: 2nd

Lineage Link: Ologist of Indigo Streams

In addition, I received this 2nd generation Loping Indigo from TheMystic Frog, pulling my total Indigo Count to 6! Hoping to get a 3rd generation from Loping Indigo and Ologist of Indigo Streams 🙂 I'll also work on getting some more CBs to start up to another 3rd gen. Here we go!

Small update! Thank you all for continuing to breed and post! I apologize yet again for my inactivity :'D I am having a period of bad mental health struggles so I am just popping in to say that once again, I am not abandoning the lineage or anything like that!! I am just on hiatus at the moment. Thank you all ❤️

On 4/10/2024 at 7:02 PM, igloo9201 said:

Thank you all ❤️

No worries at all, your health is the priority! Mental health is never a walk in the park; much gratitude for your caretaking of this thread, no matter the schedule you do it on!