igloo9201

The Indigo Clan | Nhiostrife Even-Gen | Charity Lineage!

Big Ol' Update Post: We now have a points system!

After a lot of mulling and consideration, I finally decided on a shiny new points system that has been detailed in the original post. I have also turned our second reserved post into a status page for our new breeding center! There are a few things that members should keep in mind as we transition into this change.

#1: The bad news about designing a points system years into a project is that none of our pre-existing dragons count for points.

#2: Now that we have a points system, it is very important to report EVERY egg in this thread! Every CB you catch, every egg you breed, report it!!

Due to the nature of me spending 100% of my time working on this lineage and the fact that I myself am running the whole thing, I will not be competing with you for prizes in the leaderboards. I will post my score though, and there will eventually be special additional prizes for anyone who can beat me...

Future breeding center upgrade perks include having more dragons available as prizes and eventually having a feature where prominent members can have their OWN breeding center, aka a static post in the thread that they can edit, decorate, and use to showcase their favorite indigos. Future levels will also include some spinoff project options with different patterns of nhios!

Feel free to ask for any necessary clarifications and give suggestions!!

A quick question, I have a Nhio that is a cave born and he has never been bred. Can I change his name to the last name of indigo and seek out a mate for him and join in this group? I love the subject of it and would love to participate!

On 12/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, madameM said:

A quick question, I have a Nhio that is a cave born and he has never been bred. Can I change his name to the last name of indigo and seek out a mate for him and join in this group? I love the subject of it and would love to participate!

You sure can!! Thank you for your interest, we’d be happy to have him! If you need any help nabbing CBS just let us know, I’m always happy to send off the ones I find to free up my scroll.

Not a lineage update - today I have some wonderful snake news to share instead! Wild-born indigo snakes have started popping up in Alabama, which is a huge milestone in the intensive reintroduction program that the Orianne Society has been leading in the state. Thanks to everyone in the lineage for doing your part to help the snakes just by participating! 

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/20/us/rare-snake-alabama-trnd/index.html

Quick question: (Cant remember if its been asked and answered or not) nut.... when finding one in the AP with named parents that are NOT named with the indigo in the name they don't count right? Or do/can they? (Love the Alabama news! Go Indigo snakessssss) 

On 5/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, madameM said:

when finding one in the AP with named parents that are NOT named with the indigo in the name they don't count right? 

This is correct, any dragons with a non-Indigo lineage can’t be used, sadly. Even if you happen to find an Indigo in the AP they’re usually un-useable because we only abandon eggs from parents who have already been bred into the lineage! 

With that answered, I’ll make a little post here to report some of my work and points that I’m getting until I’m egglocked! As always, if someone wants some CBs or 2nd gens just let me know.

+3 points CB: https://dragcave.net/lineage/e55tN

Additional order of business: as we get more points and unlock more prizes, we are in need of people who can donate things! Having some people be on call to breed pretty dragons, BSAs, etc. would be helpful, so let me know if any of you have anything you’d like to contribute!

Edited by igloo9201

Snake News + Donation Alert:

The Orianne Society is currently having a fundraising campaign where every dollar donated is matched by donor partners, which means that donating now will have double the impact! I figured that this means it would be a great chance to donate the $5 that the lineage owed. Thanks to everyone for breeding those dragons! Now onward to the next generation!

Since it is relevant to the mission of the lineage, here is the campaign link for anyone who’s interested: https://www.oriannesociety.org/2022-matching-campaign/?v=400b9db48e62

I would like to join!

Username: Serotina

Scroll name: Cal-ifornia

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: Sure

I'm in the process of renaming, and in two weeks I'll be able to have a 3g eggie for the line, if it's open to donate to?

On 6/3/2022 at 5:42 PM, Serotina said:

I'm in the process of renaming, and in two weeks I'll be able to have a 3g eggie for the line, if it's open to donate to?

Welcome! Yes, I will be able to use that 3rd gen hours in the process of breeding. Thank you very much!

I would like to join!

Username: Kurokosworth

Scroll name: Kurokosworth

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: Sure

Little Secretarial Tasks

-I have added @madameM, @Serotina, and @Kurokosworth to the Members list! Thank you all so much for your interest in joining.

-I will be spending the day updating my and TheMysticFrog's breeding sheets, so hopefully we can get some eggs today!

-As we approach the end of the month, I will count up all the June points and will update the clan points and leaderboard in early July! I've realized that it is much easier to do monthly scoring rather than editing the leaderboard every time an egg is reported.

June Leaderboard Update:

Since I was dumb and stinky and somehow reported none of my eggs this month, the lineage earned a total of 12 points! The leaderboard winner is @TheMysticFrog since she is the only one who reported any eggs! She will be offered the BSA of her choice and get bragging rights on the leaderboard.

Snake News:

On June 30th, a YouTube documentary all about indigo snakes was released! It's called Emperors of a Fallen Kingdom and can be watched for free here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUR74r3tizo

The documentary talks all about the snakes, their habitat, and the work that the Orianne Society is doing to save them. It's a really great way to see how beautiful they are and how important the conservation we're supporting is.

Eggs:

3rd Gen

Edited by igloo9201

July Leaderboard Update:

We had a slow month because I have been having WRETCHED luck with CBS lately and I’ve more or less run out of things to breed, I usually have one pair to breed per week as I move up the generations. @TheMysticFrog was once again the winner of this month, with 8 points. She was actually the only one to score at all this month, so go Mystic! She gets another BSA! Last month she got a CB magi egg as her prize. The lineage overall earned 15 points!

4th Gen

6 x CBs

Edited by igloo9201