Kurokosworth

Invalid Referrer?

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I was trying to name a hatchling and I got this page? I tried again and it was fine but it was still odd lol

Screenshot_20180313-225634.jpg

Nothing to do with domains or sub domains.

Whenever you click a link, your browser should tell the server of the clicked page the address of the page *where* you clicked that link. That's the referrer.

Say, you're on your own dragon's view page (e.g. https://dragcave.net/view/vhhnD) and click its Actions link, the Actions page would "know" that you've reached the /actions/ page from the /view/ page of the same dragon, and everything is fine. Then clicking the Name link should tell the /name page that you've reached the /name page from the /actions page, and it would "know" that you haven't been tricked into clicking the Name link from some place else (since it can be faked if you just know the code).

It sounds like your browser sometimes fails to send that referrer. You could check if there's an update for it, and possibly also clear your cache to avoid old leftover data from there to take effect.

That's kind of what I was suspecting, but I mistook 'sub-domain' for the things that come after the main site url, like /actions. Oops : P

I always get that if I use snaplinks to open all my growing things at once....

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I always get that if I use snaplinks to open all my growing things at once....

What version? Because mine works perfectly. I fell back to an old version though (2.4.3) because their version 3 removed some functions I wanted to keep.

v3.1.1.

I don't seem to have lost any functions.... As I recall it always did that.

I get those when I open links in to a new tab on brave. Brave has more strict blocking shields so it does this with other sites also. 

So it can happen because of adblock or other shield you've up.