Paradisiske

Marketplace

I liked the mockup posted on the previous page. :) I'd be happy to see this suggestion implemented even without a free text input box. It would be great to have one included for more specific requests, but if not, I think there are work arounds that have already been mentioned. 

A way to differentiate between wanting eggs and hatchlings would be useful, too. I like the idea of the checklist @Ribombee suggested. I think it would also be useful to include some way to indicate whether you are interested in a 1:1 trade or whether you're looking for multiples. 

I'm not so sure about the idea of codifying what you can ask for. I understand it's "safer" than allowing freeform input, but it's also weird for the site to take a stance on what types of lineage are "valid" to ask for (even if offers aren't necessarily validated, which would probably be the case).

In that case, perhaps free text input with clear consequences for those who abuse the feature (much like naming and describing, as someone mentioned on a previous page) is the best way forward. The feature could allow users to choose an image of the dragon egg(s) they want in exchange with the option of adding a short text message underneath. As long as there's an easily accessible 'report' button so people can flag issues, it should be relatively straightforward to monitor, I'd imagine. 

That's an interesting point I hadn't even thought of, TJ. I'm one of those who really likes that different lineages aren't 'approved' or 'disapproved' of by the game itself, and I wouldn't want coded lineage 'wants' to possibly change that. But the other fields would be okay, right? I mean, a possible free text place to indicate lineage wants or whatever (with strict consequences for abuse!), but coded dragon breed (and maybe 'from breed-type mate'?). And the more I think about it, the more a drop-down lineage-want type of thing wouldn't even work for me anyways, since I prefer chaotic/messy lineages that most likely would not be in a drop-down... 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, HeatherMarie said:

That's an interesting point I hadn't even thought of, TJ. I'm one of those who really likes that different lineages aren't 'approved' or 'disapproved' of by the game itself, and I wouldn't want coded lineage 'wants' to possibly change that. But the other fields would be okay, right? I mean, a possible free text place to indicate lineage wants or whatever (with strict consequences for abuse!), but coded dragon breed (and maybe 'from breed-type mate'?). And the more I think about it, the more a drop-down lineage-want type of thing wouldn't even work for me anyways, since I prefer chaotic/messy lineages that most likely would not be in a drop-down... 

Which is WHY I think maybe I'd be in MORE favor of allowing free form asking.... this way people could ask for what they would like.

Admitted, I can see the possibility for abuse ,too, but that exists with dragon naming an describing also... and we DO still have those.

THEREFOR I can see the reason for allowing reporting of anything that violates the rules AND , possibly the taking away of the use of the freeform 'asking'  in cases of abuse  (just like you can lose the ability to name your dragon.)

Edited by JavaTigress