Draconiusultamius

AP mass hatchery dump

Before the holidays, most people don't pick up eggs from the AP.  Many of these eggs die as a result, since holiday eggs get preference over non-holiday eggs.  In order to prevent these eggs from certain death, I have started taking eggs out of the AP and placing their codes in hatcheries, then re-abandoning them.  This gives hatched eggs a greater chance for survival as they get a few more days after hatching.  Many people also clear their scroll of eggs during this time, allowing them to grab random AP eggs and throw them back right after placing them in a hatchery.  There is no obligation to keep eggs, just put their codes in a hatchery where they will stay even if they are not in your scroll.  Please consider helping, especially if you breed or abandon an egg, they definitely need our help!

@Angelina Gienah mentioned that you don't actually need to be open in order to get an eggs code as it is displayed on the page.  However, only DC mansion and Silvi's have the ability to add eggs with a code.  Dragon breeder's cave also has this option, but it's only available for ER eggs to my knowledge.

Edited by Draconiusultamius

3 minutes ago, legofrodo12 said:

How do you put the codes into a hatchery?

Pick eggs up, add your scroll into a hatchery (selecting only the AP eggs), and then abandon them again. They'll continue to gain views :)

I decided to use Silvi's since it has the option to put individual codes, but if you want, just add your whole scroll onto any hatchery and it should work just as well.

That's a good idea! I'll abandon my prize-alt-kin and my gold shimmrt egg if nobody wants it still while they're  on the dc notice board.

38 minutes ago, legofrodo12 said:

Awesome, I'm in c:

It wasn't actually my idea, someone on the unofficial DC discord mentioned it (don't recall who at the moment) and I thought it was a great idea, but there was no thread on it, so I decided to make one.

I don't know how kosher this is, but TECHNICALLY you don't even have to have the dragons on a scroll to add them. I'm egg locked at the moment but if I click on an egg in the abandoned cave and get the "you are overburdened" message,  the url looks something like "https://dragcave.net/abandoned/PY385/T8fYZqO5" <-- the egg's five digit code is the PY385, so just add that. Also, Dragon Cave Mansion also has single egg entering ability

Alright, thanks for the info!  I don't really use dragon cave mansion as it always glitches for me and displays a little weirdly.  Only happens on mobile though.

I've added at least 100 eggs to Silvi's Lair. If I saw it in the AP, it was going into it.

This is a delightful idea :) When do hatchlings show up in the AP during the holidays? Anyone know how it works?

9 minutes ago, Toyo said:

This is a delightful idea :) When do hatchlings show up in the AP during the holidays? Anyone know how it works?

Holiday breeds get priority. So I think the regular breeds will only start showing up after the halloween eggs/hatchies have been picked up.

2 minutes ago, legofrodo12 said:

Holiday breeds get priority. So I think the regular breeds will only start showing up after the halloween eggs/hatchies have been picked up.

Aw man, that's too bad. I wish they would pop up between the holiday eggs. 

4 hours ago, legofrodo12 said:

Yeah.  Sad but true.  :(

but with all this hype about CB holidays being back, maybe it'll change next year.  Fingers crossed, of course. ;)

Currently mass dumping messy and purebred ER abandoned eggs into Valley Sherwood. Would anyone like to help give Valley Sherwood's ER some views?

(I'm avoiding organized checkers, stairs and spirals to prevent misgenders.)

The ap, even though they're holiday eggs and ER, will only get much lower time on Halloween as everyone locks up with the fresh new Halloweens. I recommend mass hatchery dumping whenever eggs get ER, and would like people to help ER hatcheries when they can.

Note: Allure of Neglected Dragon Hatchery doesn't seem to be working properly. The only refresher is the daycare-adder one, which doesn't seem to separate out ERs. AoND won't be much help if you have ER eggs anymore.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I've been doing this, but I'm pretty sure that hatchlings go to the back of the pile for some reason. Normally hatchies go to the front but I let a few eggs hatch on my scroll and then abandoned them while watching the Ap and I never saw them go through so I think they are at the back of the pile. I forgot to record most of the codes, but the couple I remembered don't seem to have ended up on a scroll (or they could be on an anonymous scroll).

I'm thinking that there is a real possibility that the hatchlings will just grow up in the AP and go to the wild. Not the end of the world by any means, but I'm a little confused as to why they don't seem to be showing up at the front like they normally do.

So what exactly happens with non holiday eggs that were abandoned during this time frame?   And what about all the eggs no on ever picks up, I mean eventually there will be no holiday eggs on the ap, so do they just get mass purged at some point, or purged all along?

I always assumed abandoned eggs were removed from hatcheries. That isn't true? o: Good news!

Edited by cbussiere

For now i have 3 eggslots free so i happily bounce around the ap and hatch them to put them back / keep the altkin XD