nomadicdesert

FairyTail RP, open and actively looking for people to join (Please join, we swear not to bite much)

(( :lol: twins born seven years apart XD))

"That. Was. Awesome!" Ankoku said jumping in the water holding his hand up for a high five then realized it was too far for her to reach so he lowered his arm for her. "You're kidding me right? My sis is always so frosty everything is cool." He joked with a  broad grin. "We had a few days off and decided to come here. I never really been to the beach before, well when it wasn't work related, so we came here to get away from the guild hall. Miyuki wanted quiet to finish her book and work on some sewing and that's hard to come by with everyone there. Sol basically kicked us out saying that if we're not going to work, go somewhere else and loiter around... but I think it's mostly because Miyuki got caught trying to go into the kitchen to make our favorite meal. A couple days ago was the day dad left, so we make a meal in the memory of when we were all together."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Barty retracted his hand, the magic circle dissapearing and the bump of ground that Ankoku had tripped over in the water returned to it's normal shape.

He watched as Andy proceeded to display her wizarding abilities before the entire crowd, who were now gaping wide-eyed at the three of them.

"Quiet? At a beach?" Barty asked in response to Ankoku as he returned a splash back at Andy.

"Ahh yeah, never go into the kitchen without Sols permission, come on how long have you been in the guild? You should know that by now," Barty mused. He laid back in the water and began to get carried out, before a giant looming wave crashed down on him, sending Barty rolling underground.

He felt himself colide with something, he opened his eyes underwater and saw a thin pair of legs and a yellow bikini bottom amidst the bubbles.

Grinning Barty grabbed Andy's legs and stood up out of the water, hoisting her up on his shoulders.

"Haha! Behold Ankoku, our final form! You cannot defeat us!" Barty exclaimed, wobbling slightly due to the combined force of the water and Andy's weight.

“Why would you go into the kitchen without Sol’s permission? That’s suicidal, everyone knows that.” Andromeda said in agreement. 

She didn’t say it but she was impressed with the nerve it took to take that particular risk, especially with how protective Sol was of the kitchen.

Sadness flickered across Andromeda’s face when Ankoku brought up his father, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had come.

It was at that moment that Barty grabbed her from beneath the water and hoisted her up on his shoulders as she shrieked in surprise and then laughter as Barty declared them to be in their most powerful form.

”Bwahaha!” Andromeda laughed evilly as she threw her arms wide. “Yes, you shall regret your decision in challenging Bartdromeda to battle. Truly you are foolish for doing such a thing and we laugh at your pitiful attempts at resistance!” She declared loudly. Now face our wrath as we grind you beneath the flickering lava that is our foot!” 

"You guys are actually surprised that Miyuki would do that?" Ankoku said stepping back when Barty surfaced under Andy. "Seriously, have you two seen her around Nathaniel? Sol tells him to get to work when it's freezing outside while Mimi layers him like an onion beneath sweaters and scarves she made. She gets more motherly around him... probably because she sees me in that wheelchair." His smile faded away, a deep sadness clouded his eyes for a moment. He blinked and shook himself head vigorously. He then gave them a crocodile grin which he pulled off easily with his sharp teeth. "Oh really? I doubt it! Bring it!" He lunged at them going for Barty, knocking him over would bring them both down. 

(Missing a " on the last line for Andy, Nomad, also Bartdromeda is their ship name now! :D )

Barty paused as he recalled the last time Miyuki, Sol and Nathaniel were together.

Ankoku was right, Miyuki did seem to coddle Nathaniel a fair bit despite the fact he was one of their S-class wizards.

He didn't recall Nathaniel ever being too bothered about it, that dude was pretty laid back.

"She probably wouldn't coddle you as much if you weren't so energetic, Nathaniel acts like someone confined to a wheelchair should," Barty claimed.

He smirked as, simultaneously, Ankoku charged at him and Andy declared her challenge.

I could actually make lava beneath my feet... but that might be overkill, let's settle for this instead Barty thought, the magic circle appearing beneath his foot.

As Ankoku charged the water between them suddenly filled into a sandbank, effectivly forming a wall between the Bartdromeda and Ankoku.

"Haha! Foolish dragon, you belong in the air not the ocean!" Barty declared sinisterly, quickly turning as a wave crashed over them, minimising the impact. He had been planning to splash Ankoku but he had to reaffirm his grip on Andy's legs or she would have toppled off by the waves force.

Hmm making a sandbank probably doesn't help with the waves, they crash a lot sooner now... He thought glancing out towards the ocean as the current began to pull out again, building up to another wave.

(Wow as I typed this I got like phantom sensation of being pulled by a current)

((Having been in the ocean, I got the feeling reading it))

He fell on the sand and got pushed back by the wave he came up coughing and spitting out salty water and gritty sand. "You don't even know what you're talking about. It's not just because he's wheelchair bound, but also sick like I once was. You're right, I do belong in the air! " He snarled, a circle appeared beneath him and he sprang into the air just until he was hovering above the waves. "Wind dragon speed!" He said and was suddenly kicking up salt spray as he used flight and speed to create a small whirl pool around them... that was until he stepped wrong on a wave and skidded across the water before sinking beneath.

Andromeda laughed and shrieked when Barty turned into the wave, the impact making her sway atop Barty enough that she had to grab his head to stay on.

”Sorry Barty.” Andromeda apologized as she wiped water out of her eyes. Barty appeared to have made a sand bank which was making the waves break earlier and with more force. 

Of course Andromeda didn’t have long to focus on that as Ankoku made a small whirlpool with his magic, making Andromeda sway atop Barty’s Shoulders. With a splash she toppled off and into the water where she gently swirled for a brief moment before finally kicking off of the bottom so that she could surface.

Andromeda came up laughing and looked around for Ankoku before raising her own hand quickly.

”Hard light!” She said loudly as she formed a scoop and used it to hurl water at her guildmate. It wasn’t enough to hurt him but definitely enough to push him under for a brief moment. 

“Neither of you has the magic to match me in combat!” Andromeda proclaimed as she used hardlight to lift herself above the waves, arms akimbo and a evil smile on her face. “How can either of you hope to combat me, commander of the sun and stars themselves!?!” She asked before laughing evilly again. “I realize now that you were merely holding me back as Bartdromeda! Now feel the wrath of the true master of destruction!” Andromeda cackled as she raised her hands again and raised a huge wave of water and propelled it at Barty and Ankoku using her hard light spell. 

Edited by nomadicdesert

Barty's eyes widened in shock as the sudden whirlpool sent him and Andy tumbling.

He regained his footing, the sand rising up to anchor him in place. He spluttered briefly as he resurfaced, he was happy to see Andy had also resurfaced with relative ease.

His happiness faded however, as Andy seemed to revert to her Sol-esque persona, and somehow used her hard light to send a wave at least twice the size as the last one to them both.

What few swimmers there were in the rough section all quickly moved back towards the bank as the wave came crashing forward.

Barty didn't hesitate and dove underwater, streamlining himself as the wave passed above him.

Creating hand-holds in the sand he pulled himself forward until he was behind the raised Andy.

Darting up out of the water behind her, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Any good wizard knows that in battle, physical strength is just as important as magic!" Barty shouted, his grip tightening around Andy's waist. Arching his back and bending his legs, Barty proceeded to lift Andy up off her perch and over his shoulders, before bringing her crashing down into the water in a suplex.

From out on the beach Midori had sat up and was watching wide-eyed her mouth agape at the spectacle that was playing out.

(For Reference)

"I'll show you! Wind dragon wing!" Ankoku shouted surfacing once more. He swung his arms in a flapping motion and a blast of wind came causing a large wave to form. Unfortunately the sand beneath his feet and the forceful undertow of the wave made him loose his footing and he got swept up in his own attack. The wave washed up on the shore only a foot higher then the high tide line and deposited Ankoku in the shallows facing the horizon. He got up and fist pumped coupled with a mad roar of laughter. "Oh yeah! I might be C class but I'm a dragon slayer baby! Beat that! Physical strength is my fortè!" 

He took a deep breath preparing for a wind dragon roar when frost started to form on his wet body. His cheeks deflated as he started to shiver. "S-so cold! Oh no....." He paled. Fearfully he turned to look over his shoulder as the water grew colder as Miyuki walked closer, frost forming around her like it does with ice make magic in warm climates such as this. 

Miyuki's eyes were hidden under the shadow of her hair, her sakura pink lips formed a thin line of disappointment. In her hands she held an ice whip,  opalescent like mother of pearl as two waist high ice wolves of the same iridescent coloring flanked her, their cold bodies turning the warm water to slush. When she stopped two feet behind her brother, the wolves continued on to collect Barty and Andy bringing them back to their maker. 

Once all three where before her, she began to speak, her tone as icy as her creations. "You are disgracing the sphinx's paw name with your shenanigans. Not only have you frightened the poor people who come to relax but look at the damage you've done." She flipped her whip behind her so it snapped the air indicating the beachfront. Ankoku's wind gust toppled many tarps and umbrellas, towels have been flung every which way and a few unfortunate souls where trapped under sand dunes. Ankoku wasn't the only one at fault. The sand bank Barty made created a current that had three pairs frightened parents trying to collect their kids before they got swept out to far where their little feet could no longer touch, and the swell Andy had made washed out several bags and a small shaved ice push cart into the shallows.

"Bartolomeo, Andromeda Stellae and Ankoku Usagi Al-Worth, I expect you clean up your mess immediately. Bartolomeo, you may use your magic to get rid of this sand bar and that is it. After that, each of you will not be using your magic until you clean up this place and apologize to everyone here. There is no need to get out of hand when having fun. I might have let things slide if this was a private beach, but as it is not you will pay the consequences of your irrational actions. Once we return to the guild hall I will be informing Master on this incident, and if he's not available, Sol in his sted. All three of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Andromeda and Bartolomeo, I expected better behavior from A class and S class wizards in training. How do you two expect to get such rankings if you keep up this immature behavior. As for Ankoku-" she poked the ice whip handle on her brother's broad and muscular chest. "-If you want to become stronger this is not the way to do it. Now all of you, get to work pronto." She said snapping her whip for emphasis. 

Andromeda squealed in surprise as Barty suddenly appeared behind her and grabbed her around the waist before easily flipping her over his shoulder and into the water. 

She came up hacking from the water she had accidentally snorted down her nose, but was soon laughing again. 

The laughter died in Andromeda’s throat when Miyuki strode forward, a look of icy anger on her face. 

Ankoku was already facing his sister by then, and within seconds the three of them were being scolded like naughty children. 

Andromeda scuffed her foot in the sand as she kept her gaze on the ground, her cheeks red not just from the sun, but also embarrassment at being told off by her guild mate.

When the scolding ended and Andromeda looked around she did see that they had caused damage just like Miyuki had said, which made her even more embarrassed. 

She didn’t waste any time in doing what Miyuji had ordered and went back out into the water to collect the things that had been swept out by the waves she had created. 

The cart was the hardest part and it took her awhile to muscle it out of the ocean by herself. If she had been able to use magic it would’ve take a couple of moments, but instead she’d muscle was required, and Andromeda wasn’t exactly a body builder.

After the cart and items were back where they had started Andromeda apologized to everyone before running over to help Barty and Ankoku clean up their share of the mess. She didn’t say anything as they worked, aware that Miyuki was watching them, and also aware that they deserved the punishment. 

As they were brought, rather forcefully, by the ice wolves to Miyuki, Barty stood by listening as she ragged in on them.

"Excuse me miyuki but nothing I made with magic persisted for long enough to make a big impact," Barty stated, he pointed with his thumb towards the families anxiously recovering their children.

"We were in the rough part of the surf anyway, any kids who went out there should take some of the blame as well, the waves were big enough to knock me over without magic influence," He continued.

He did however turn and clap his hands together, with a small jolt from the parents the sand beneath the children suddenly rose up like a wave and carried the struggling children back to the shallows.

"I'll admit," Barty started, turning back to Miyuki, "Andy and Ankoku went overboard. I tried to keep my magic use to a minimum. I don't know about you and Ankoku but we had a pretty big scare on our job," Barty's voiced turned quiet so that only he and Miyuki could hear.

"Andy nearly died, Midori and I were in a pretty scared state, and I want her to have as much fun as possible while we're still away from the guild," Barty took a step back, before turning and walking over to Midori and their things.

He noted that lavender haired girl was fast asleep, and that her legs and waist were already showing significant signs of a burn

No wonder she wanted to get out of the sun, Barty thought. He hastily draped a towel over her lower half that was out of the palm trees shade, before reaching into his bag and grabbing his wallet.

Barty made his way over to a cafe just in from the beach, purchasing several ice creams for the group.

He walked back over to Midori and sat down, watching as Ankoku and Andy worked to repair the damage.

Ankoku winced both times the whip cracked and gave Barty a panicked look when he was so calmly telling Miyuki that she was mistaken about his responsibilities before fixing one problem and walking off. That would not be well for his health.  Knowing his sister and knowing Bartolomeo's goal to be S class, she also held him responsible for letting things get out of hand with the two. Instead, in her eyes, he encouraged them to some indirect degree. 

Ankoku wasn't going to argue that with him though, opting to scamper off after Andy starting to collect the towels, sweeping the sand away from shop fronts, digging out people from the dunes, and shivered when his sister gave him an ice ladder to climb to the rooftops to collect some belongings in his bare feet. He apologized to everyone whom he came across and was the last one to complete the task his head low as he walked back to his sister exhausted and ashamed but he still tried to hold a conversation with his sister who was now working on her needle point, whip and wolves gone along with the ladder that became mist after it's use was completed. However this was one sided conversation, as she just sat in the shade and sewed giving her brother the dreaded cold shoulder treatment. 

Miyuki also ignored Barty when he wandered off knowing that Sol would also agree with her on the fact he could have told the two to settle down before things got out of hand. For someone who wants to be an S class wizard, respect and a commanding nature was needed. As her brother prattled on in her ear about random things, she continued her work silently counting the amount of times she ran into wizards from different guilds. Many of these wizards have heard about her battle strength, some have witnessed her in action, and even fewer where stupid enough to challenge her. 

She's been told, asked, or offered many times to join other guilds when on solo jobs, the wizards always asking why she didn't want to be S class-for she could be if she put her mind and heart into it- expanding her already extensive ice make magic into a formidable arsenal. Yet the answer remains the same. Her brother was more important than glory or better pay and she rather keep him safe from his own stupidity than trusting him to look after himself. Her own guild mates, excluding Ankoku and the Master, never knew the real extent of her power yet she was stubborn as an ox and refused to move up in the guild. Her lips thinned once more. Maybe if she was a S class, she would be respected more by the others, but she had in her mind, more than her fair share of responsibility in her lifetime so she rather have someone else take it for a change. Perhaps when Ankoku is stronger she'd look into it. For now, she was content remaining in the shadows watching everyone at a distance. 

((Miyuki's power is similar to Lyon's in the show. Due to tending her brother, protecting her home when her dad was away,watching over both of them when on the road, and the six years of being in the guild she built up experience and power always testing the limits of her magic, to the point of exhaustion. Most of the items and animals are limited because she only has two hands to use or control her creations....

If this is okay with you guys..))

When Andromeda and Ankoku finished cleaning up the beach they each ran off to their respective areas, with Andromeda heading over to where Barty sat with Midori, and Ankoku heading over to his sister Miyuki. She couldn't believe that Barty had basically told Miyuki to piss off, and was surprised that it hadn't started a fight. Of course that wasn't really Miyuki's style. She seemed to prefer the silent treatment to anything else.

When Andromeda flopped down next to Barty and the sleeping Midori she immediately grabbed her bag and withdrew the small box inside. The outside of the box, though solid at first glance, had a puzzle embedded in it's sides, with rotating discs, sliding sections, as well as what looked like a combination lock with symbols instead of numbers around it. Without pausing Andromeda flopped onto her back and began to play with the box, pushing and rotating the various sections in a vain attempt at getting it open. She wasn't getting anywhere fast but that didn't seem to perturb her, instead it just seemed to make the box even more fascinating.

Eventually Andromeda gave up though and, after putting the box back in her bag, turned and looked back towards the beach where everything was back to normal. 
"I'm going to go see Ankoku and see if he wants to do something." She said before marching off towards the siblings umbrella. 

"Hey Ankoku let's go do something fun!" Andromeda said brightly as she approached. "We could go play volleyball, or maybe go do the sandcastle tournament. No magic allowed, but Barty's so good with earth make magic that he could help us win easy even without it." She said.

Though she didn't go out of her way to do it, Andromeda avoided Miyuki's gaze while she spoke, not wanting to be yelled at again.

"Come on, let's go have fun, it's the beach after all!"

"I've played volleyball before and hit it too hard making it pop. The sand castle tournament sounds awesome though!" He replied with a grin. "However even if Barty didn't use his magic I'm thinking we'd get to distracted to really finish something amazing. I do know of someone who is meticulous with details and really good at designing and making things...." He said looking at Miyuki. "Please sis? It'll be like that time when we built that awesome snow sculpture! You need to have some fun. Let's do it for old times sake okay?" He said softly giving her the puppy dog eyes. 

Miyuki didn't even glance once at her brother. However she sighed and put away her embroidery getting up and depositing her bag by Barty before walking back to them collecting the towel she sat on. "For old times sake. Let's go." She said softly and headed to were the tournament was held. Ankoku sprang to his feet and jumped up and down with glee. "We're going to win for sure!" 

Barty stood up, still nursing his ice cream and held out the others towards Andy, Ankoku and Miyuki.

"You know I got these for all of us right?" He asked.

He was surpassed to hear Miyuki agree to Ankoku's request to build sandcastles.

Barty walked over and placed his arm on Andy's shoulder.

"Howabout a little contest, just between us? Team Andy vs Team Al-worth. Contest to build the best sandcastle, no magic," Barty said, hoping that they'd take up the opportunity, he was primarily trying to get Miyuki to open up and relax.

Barty had seen Miyuki a lot since joining the guild, and she seemed second only to Sol in terms of unfriendly personality. He couldn't recall many times where she was openly smiling around the guildhall.

"Losers... losers have to pay for the tickets home, although, how were you planning to get home. I didn't think Ankoku could take public transport," Barty asked, genuinely curious.

"We ride on the back of an ice elk I make for the most part, then walk until I have enough energy to create a another one. To him it isn't a vehicle, but simply a friend. He doesn't get motion sick if he is in open air and the source is a perceived ally." Miyuki stated simply. "However we can take the train back, he must get used to it if he wants to become stronger and travel for more jobs." She turned down the ice cream letting her brother eat both.

"You of all people should know I prefer shaved ice to dairy products. I like the crunch." She said turning around. "However you really want to challenge me and my brother to a non-magical sand sculpting contest? I doubt you'll beat my eye for detail and design but I accept the terms. " She retorted curtly and started to head to a perfect spot to make her castle. She laid out her towel, used driftwood to smooth out a large rectangle shape then she and her brother began collecting shells, driftwood and even seaweed to assist them. "Ready when you are!" Ankoku grinned, eye twitching from a brain freeze he got trying to inhale the last ice cream he had to help his sister out.

Andromeda was taken aback by Miyuki's willingness to participate in the sandcastle contest, but was pleasantly surprised all the same. She was already standing and looking around for a good spot when Barty came up from behind and handed out ice cream cones. 

She had expected him to be on board with the activity, but it still made her smile when he agreed. 

When the idea of making it a contest between two teams Andromeda glanced at Barty, then at her opposition. 
"Barty and I can take you!" She said as the siblings took off towards a nearby patch of sand. 

Andromeda didn't waste any time after that, and instead turned and ran off to another clear area nearby.

"Come on Barty they can't win!" Andromeda called as she grabbed Barty's arm and hauled him behind her. 

Andromeda jumped onto the spot and began to dig up areas of sand as quick as she could, moving quickly so that they had access to the wet sand beneath. 
Where Miyuki used meticulous techniques to get shapes and angles that they desired Andromeda used what could only be described as enthusiasm. Andromeda hadn't really tried to build a sand castle before so she made up for lack of experience with raw energy coupled with good old trial and error. 

"Come on Barty we can do this, we just have to use your amazing connection with the earth, without actually using magic, and make an amazing sand castle that will withstand any siege that could be thrown at it." Andromeda said as she began to pile more and more sand into a large heap. "Now we have our sand and we just have to make it into something amazing. So lets do that Barty." She said excitedly as she began to push the sand at the base into a line that would become a wall.

((Aw did I miss the fun beach scene? Oh well, time bring the sadism back to this RP ;) ))

The manticore slayer known only to the young guild wizards was gone. What stood over Shamal, clutching his bloody, sandy brown hair, must have been nothing less than a demon.

"It was foolish of me to think taking on three guild wizards was the most efficient method of retrieving my target. Once delivered, the only thing standing in my way was a pathetic thug playing the dashing prince." Jacques chuckled.

He lifted Shamal by his bloody brown hair to eye level.

"You sure put a lot of work into convincing those kids you were royalty. You even paid off the merchants guild to accept your emblem as payment. All that work for this little box? I wonder what's in it..." Jacques taunted the barely conscious man.

"...Stop... please... you don't know what you're doing with that." Shamal coughed, spattering blood onto Jacques' chest.

The monster in front of the faux-prince looked down in disgust, tossing the nearly-dead man to the ground.

" You're right. Luckily, however, It's not my job to know. Just to retrieve. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a delivery to make. Best I can do is to wish you good luck, Shamal. Or should I call you Sham? Seems more fitting for such deceptive scum. Maybe you'll get lucky, and somebody will check in on you before you bleed out. Regardless, I'm off. Toodles." Jacques emerged out of the open foyer, stepping over limp bodies and wiping blood off himself as he went. 

The small chest in his hand was an object of interest to him, but the liar may have had some truth in him. Jacques knew nothing of what he currently carried, and wasn't keen on releasing a Pandora's Box upon himself or his employer.

The market was at peak activity in the mid afternoon heat. Merchants peddling wares, busy passerbys shoving their way through the crowd. In the midst of such bustle, nobody noticed the hand-off made between Jacques and a hooded figure. 

That concludes my side of the contract. I'll collect my payment in a few days. Jacques asserted in his mind.

The smiling man walked towards the beach, with no suggestion of the massacre left in his wake.

I think I deserve the rest of the day off. To the beach it is.

As he stepped off the paved streets and into the sand, he froze. 100 or so meters in front of him frolicked the same guild wizards he had encountered the night before. He relaxed fairly quickly in knowing that they were here, but his concern stayed knowing that they had not left town. Were they to go back and check on, or find fault with their payment, they might learn too much from the dying false prince.

Unknown to Jacques, however, Shamal had not lasted long. His lifeless body lay in a pool of blood within the lovely, well decorated parlor of his little mansion. The sickly-sweet smell of death trickled out of the ajar front door.

Jacques stripped down to his under-shorts and slowly waded into the water, washing away the monstrosities he had committed prior. He soaked in the sunshine, at least, as much as he could, with intricate art covering his exposed skin. 

"What a lovely day." He sighed.

Miyuki was already working on a platform, her and Ankoku working in perfect sync they piled sand and smoothed it with sticks until they got a smooth square shape with sloping trapizoid sides. It was here Miyuki took over working on the walls while Ankoku traced out stone like markings and stairs in the foundation of the castle. It took a while, but she finished a small oriental building with such details on the roof and rainwells that where shaped like dragon heads. Shells where placed on the structure in designs of water, or pressed in spots to add texture to the structure. Her and her brother stepped back from their design. 

"Sister won a snow sculpture contest five years in a row! Without use of magic! Sand isn't much different than snow if you find the right consistency..." He grinned. 

((Like this only about chest high))

0e3e525aed002546fc75085680088661--ice-ca

(Not gonna acknowledge Jacques in this post just cause I don't really know what I'd do)

"How about we base our design off of Shamals palace?" Barty suggested.

He looked up as Miyuki finished her first structure, he couldn't help but be impressed by the detail but a smirk formed on barty's face.

"You sure are a maker Miyuki but you may think snow and sand have a similar consistency, but the moment sand starts to dry..." Barty trailed off and pointed towards one of the sides of their structure, cracks were starting to form in the sand, the over articulate design wasn't made for sand.

"As an earth maker magic, you have to become one with the land, learning everything about it, the consistency, the feel, the texture... the taste!" Barty briefly recalled when his butler tricked him into eating dirt and Barty's mouth turned sad for a moment, before returning to his wide grin.

"Don't think you can beat an earth make wizard!" Barty declared. He grabbed a palm leaf and began using it as a scoop, molding the shape of their sand pile into several peaks, making certain that they were structurally sound.

"I'll handle the structure, you put on the finer details... see if you can make a sphinx just for the hell of it. If miyuki is working as if it were snow, she's gonna regret it, the key to building with sand is to make the strong structure first and only add minor detailing, or else it'll all fall apart," Barty declared quietly to Andy.

"If we're trying to recreate Shamals place we could probably try get a moat going, but make it shallow enough so that the water won't ruing the consistency of the base," Barty stated, glancing back at the churning waves.

(I would have her notice but Andromeda's never actually seen Jacques so she doesn't know him.)

Andromeda's cheeks flushed red like they always did when Shamal was brought up, and she shot Barty a nasty look before finally nodding. 
"Fine but only because it was such a nice place and I can remember it really well." She said testily.

Andromeda helped Barty get the sand into neat piles and then began to help outline the buildings themselves. She wasn't nearly as good at this sort of thing as Miyuki or Barty, but she did her best all the same.It took her a long time to get the levels right for her sphinx, but eventually Andromeda got down to actually sculpting the thing.

Unlike with most other things Andromeda took her time and fussed over the details on the sphinx, sometimes leading her to taking too long on certain aspects of it. It was a tendency that had always followed her in her creative endeavors, and something that hampered her artistic vision at times. For sand castle building it wasn't to much of a hindrance beyond making things take way longer then they needed too.

It was a good 10 minutes after the start of the contest that Andromeda sat up with a smile and pointed out her sphinx to Barty. It wasn't overly large being only a foot or so long, but was decent looking all the same. That being said it also wasn't going to win any sculpture contests anytime soon. The face didn't look like much more then a flat space with eyes and a mouth poked in with her fingers, while the rest of it all just sort of molded in together. You could tell what it was, but it still looked more like something a kid would take home from school rather then anything close to the quality that Miyuki had shown.

After a few minutes rest Andromeda began to work away at the details of Shamal's house as best she could. In this area, at least, she excelled although it still took her a long time to get anything done. She couldn't do anything like the detail that Miyuki or Ankoku had done, but it was solid work all the same.  In the end the little compound was at least a passing resemblance of Shamal's mansion. 

"I think they still win Barty." Andromeda said with a laugh as she looked down at her sphinx. "But we did a good job and it was fun! I didn't even know you could build things with sand like Miyuki did. It's amazing!" She said, turning to the pagoda and congratulating the siblings work. "I've never been much of an artist so it's really cool that you guys can do that sort of stuff!" She chattered happily. 

((Don't worry too much about not noticing Jacques, the point of being here was just so that he'll know where you are and I can give yall some time to enjoy your beach scene while im busy))

((Awhile ment like an hour or so, Barty and Andromeda would still be sculpting their castle at the same time. ))

Ankoku grinned. "You're not to bad yourself!" He glanced at his sister and jumped in shock. Her skin was lobster red, but what caught him off guard was the smile and giggle she let loose. "Barty dear, I eat ice chips and shaved ice. Other than the element we are both makers so please don't compare yourself to me. Besides, I should have joined the contest." She pointed down the beach where elaborate castles stood, some taller than Ankoku, others the same size as Miyuki's but all held extravagant detail. "I might not have won, but at least my talent could be compared to the best here. Sand is not like snow, but I've worked with it before, ignore my brother he speaks before he thinks. And yes Andy, what do you expect? I make all the clothes kuku and I wear.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm too warm and need to go cool myself off."

With that she turned and walked into the surf to cool her sunburnt body when dark designs caught her eye. Cautiously she swam to the pale haired man with intricate designs on his body, planning to study them from afar. Perhaps she can incorporate a few in her next line of cloths. Some may look at such marks in disgust, however to her art was art, whether it be on skin, silk or snow. She was able to get close enough to the stranger to study the dark marks that covered his skin, unbeknownst to her that this man encountered her comrades earlier. She pushed back her hair showing the two different colored eyes so she can see better without looking through her white hair.