nomadicdesert

FairyTail RP, open and actively looking for people to join (Please join, we swear not to bite much)

Barty signed in relief as the remainder of the manticores fled as their matriarch died.

"That's a relief," He said quietly to himself, he glanced down at Andy, there was a red mark starting to appear on her forehead, it was faint but visible in the moonlight.

As Midori wheeled the buggy over to the mystery man Barty casually knocked an arrow and put up the appearance of someone scouting the area.

He glanced down at the man as Midori responded to him, he looked even more peculiar up close.

Why would you tarnish your own body like that? Barty wondered, he'd never liked the idea of tatoos. He wondered if the man had tatoos before or after he decided to use it for his magic.

"Yeah, this isn't exactly the place we would expect to run into someone... what do you do that would bring you so far out of town?" Barty asked, using the speaking techniques that were drilled into him as a child to mask his suspicions.

((Sorry for the short post, can't really do much until Jacques acts, the delay is because I haven't had the computer the last few days))

(No worries!)

Jacques masked a wince as the young lady tended to the bite on his bicep. In a few moments of recovering his breath so that he could speak clearly and confidently, he fabricated a short, logical reason as to why he was out in the desert.

"The merchants of Taraq employ me and a few other older wizards to control the manticore population. It used to be that one needed an entourage of rather powerful wizards to safely traverse the desert." Jacques stated, even somewhat convincing himself of this story. It was perfectly logical to him.

"As you have seen, I am fairly adept at handling the lesser ones." He gestured to the pile of lesser manticore corpses near his bike.

"The matriarch, however, has been a major issue for us recently, as it only targets weaker or stranded prey. Hence why you found me looking injured and weak at the scene. I thank you tremendously for your assistance, I wasn't nearly prepared to fight the entire pack alone." Jacques smiled rather genuinely, taking on the persona of the manticore hunter wholeheartedly.

"My name is Jacques, It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He introduced.

"For ones so young, you seem to be fairly well versed in combat. I assume you are in a guild?" Jacques questioned.

"Your methods are very creative, something I find to be lacking in the older generation of wizards. Using martial weapons in tandem with magic is a powerful ability indeed."

Whilst the young woman tending to his wounds had clearly warmed up to him a bit, the boy was no doubt suspicious. He could easily mask his drawing of the bow as an action of overwatch, to protect against further attacks, but it seemed blatant to Jacques that he was ready to put an arrow in Jacques' ribs at a moments notice. He glanced over at the wreck of his motorbike, a sad thing indeed. When the matriarch had emerged, she landed square on top of his beloved automobile. It would be a pain to replace, probably more than the reward for his current mission.

Jacques sighed, and said, "I'm sure you can see that my method of transportation has been crossed out. I know it's a lot to ask, coming from a stranger, but if you would let me ride with you i would be more than happy to contribute my magic power to drive."

Jacques realized, now, that this was no longer a hit and run mission. He'd have to wait until they were back in town and he was fully rested before making any other moves. He sighed, and winced again as the young lady wrapped up his bicep tight in bandages. 

"Thank you for your assistance." He repeated to the girl with a smile.

Midori glanced over at Barty as the man explained his reason for being out in the middle of nowhere. She could tell that Barty was just as suspicious of the this man as she was, although he was good at hiding it behind the act of watching the surrounding area. 

"Why not team up with the others who hunt these things, have you play bait while the others hide, and then when the matriarch shows up you all jump he?" Midori asked curiously. "Seems like a huge risk to try and take it on alone without backup. I mean look what happened." She said as she contemplated the mans story.

In of itself the story was completely plausible. Midori didn't have any sort of doubt that the manticores caused problems for merchants, and it wouldn't surprise her at all to learn that bounties had been placed on them to help keep the problem to a minimum. She could also easily believe that someone might have been stupid enough to try and take on a matriarch by himself, after all proof was being patched up by her own hands right then.

Midori spared another glance over at Barty, trying to gauge what the other thought of the whole thing. The whole thing sounded plausible and the man hadn't done anything untoward since his retrieval. 
"It looks like you got lucky." Midori said as she carefully tied off the bandage on the mans arms and began to pack up the first aid kit before tossing it into the magic mobile. The whole time she packed Midori was thinking, trying to view the whole thing by different angles.

"Anyway yeah we're guild members." Midori said after a moments hesitation. "I'm Midori, that's Bartolomeo , and the girl in the back is Andromeda." Midori said, pointing to each person in turn. "We're part of the Sphinx's Paw guild. Like I said we're heading back to Taraq, if you need one then I don't see why you can't hitch a ride." Midori said casually as she gently moved the blanket covering Andromeda so that it covered arm where the black veins pulsed. "You'll have to sit up front though, Andy's not feeling all that well and we don't want you getting sick too." Midori said as she moved over to Barty for a brief moment.

"Before you say anything just know that we don't have a choice." Midori murmured, facing Barty so that Jacques wouldn't hear. "You know what the guild's rules are regarding people in need. We are obligated by them to offer this man a ride. I know he's odd but he hasn't actually done anything wrong, and he saved our lives just as much as we saved his. You'll sit in the back with Andy directly behind him. The box is under Andy's seat too, just keep her covered up and he won't see her arm." Midori continued, keeping her voice low the whole time. "I'll drive as far as I can and hopefully you'll have recovered a bit of your magic energy, at least enough to get the last little bit to the city. We really don't have a choice Barty. He hasn't done anything to hurt us at all and we can't leave someone to die. Just think what Sol would do if she found out." Midori said before walking back over to the magic mobile. She sat down on the front seat and patted the one directly beside her while looking at Jacques. "You're next to me." She said as she put on the SE plug.

(Just so you know Peelzies; Midori is an NPC that anyone can control. Feel free to use her as your own character.)

(I'd like to mention that Lu is happy that we've kept midori around, and I'm fine to let you use her primarily while Andy is out of commission)

Barty nodded along as Jacques gave his story, it was perfectly plausible. Though he did wonder why a bounty wasn't issued to wizard guilds, monster hunting was quite common and if the manticores had been such an issue Barty would've expected Sphinx's paw to achieve notice of it.

"Seems like a huge risk to try and take it on alone without backup. I mean look what happened,"

"You're lucky we passed through, especially at night when they're hunting" Barty said in response to Midori's statement.

He looked away slightly as Midori began to quietly speak to him, Barty understood her justification, but he knew how people could abuse a system for their own profit. He smiled encouragingly at Jacues after Midori had finished, reaching down and placing his hand on her arm.

"We have got a working ride and it's proper manners to assist someone, especially in a location like this. But as a show of good faith for assisting you, could you wear the SE plug?" Barty asked.

Midori shot Barty a concerned glance, before looking back at Jacques.

She then smiled herself, "You used a fair bit of magic power to take out the matriarch, I think of all of us here I've got the most, so if they come back... which may happen, it would be better to have at least one person who can actively use magic," She finished.

Yes, good wording Midori Barty thought.

"That's a good point too, Midori's got a solid head on her shoulders and her magics pretty efficient when it comes to strength to power, if more of those manticores come back after the ones who killed their queen, she's the best bet to fend em off," Barty concluded.

He sat down next to Andy, crossing one leg over the other so that the box couldn't be seen, his bow laying on his lap, the arrow still knocked to it's string still emitting a dull glow.

(Muhahaha hooray for paranoia! If there's any issue please let me know)

(So peelzies isn’t going to be able to write until at least next weekend. I asked him to try and write a response that time skips us to town and have his character disappear into the crowd so you and I can keep going. I don’t know if he’s going to respond though, so I’m wondering if we should just carry on until he returns. What do you think?)

Edited by nomadicdesert

So it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting a response like he said, so I say we just move ahead and assume he mans the SE plug. What do you think?

(New development, he says to have Jacques do the SE plug then disappear into the market. So I’ll nail out a reply in a bit.)

Midori could tell that Barty was still leery about Jacques, and frankly so was she, but in the end he seemed willing to go along with giving the man a ride back to town. The group mounted up and Jacques strapped on the SE plug without a fuss, then they were off with Barty and Andromeda in the backseat, the former with his bow still at the ready, and Midori and Jacques in the front seat. 

It was a long drive back to town and truthfully Midori was exhausted, but she still didn't want to spend a night camping in the middle of nowhere with this man. The sky was turning pink when the group finally caught sight of Taraq in the distance. The whole ride had been quiet and even though Midori didn't have any reason to dislike him, she was still glad to be rid of their new acquaintance.

Midori pulled the magic mobile up into the lot where they had originally rented it and got down from it, then patiently waited for Jacques to do the same. 

"Well, here we are." She said with a smile. "Sorry to say but we have to go take care of some business so I guess this is goodbye. Be careful in the future, I doubt you'll get lucky like that again." Midori said as she shook Jacques hand. 

Jacques wore his unsettling smile again and merely shrugged. "Yeah we'll see. Thanks for the ride, I guess I'll be seeing you." He said before turning and walking off into the market where he disappeared into the crowd.

Midori watched him go, and after checking to make sure he was truly gone she went to the back of the magic mobile and helped Barty with Andromeda and the supplies. The box from the tomb was shoved into one of the bags without ceremony and shouldered quickly, then Andromeda was carefully lifted from the back seat. She looked awful and seemed to be getting worse the longer the ring remained on her. The black veins that stretched up her arm from the ring had already reached her shoulder and could faintly be seen spreading up her neck already. She was also extremely pale and ice cold to the touch. She also had fallen unconscious during the night and wouldn't wake up, although she was still breathing at least.

"Come on, we have to get this box back to the owner ASAP." Midori said. "Can you carry her? I'll get the box." 

Edited by nomadicdesert

Barty watched as Jacques faded into the crowd and finally let his earth-make bow fade to dust.

"Right, come here Andy" He muttered reaching down and picking her up, one arm around her shoulders while the other supporting her beneath her legs.

It made sense for him to carry her, considering he was the taller of the two, it'd look strange for Midori who was close to Andy's height to be carrying her.

"Let's move quick so we can get these blasted rings off" He said and began marching towards the mansion.

(Sorry it's so short)

The market was only just beginning to get going as the group entered the city, with vendors setting out their wares beneath tents and people bustling around in preparation for another day. 

There werent any crowds beyond the venders to speak of, what with the rest of the population still sleeping in their homes. It was extremely early still with the sun still halfway below the horizon, but it wouldn’t be long before the day began and the market grew crowded.

Midori and Barty got more then a few looks from the various people that the passed, all of them obviously wondering what had happened to Andromeda. They didn’t know her of course, but the girl looked extremely ill and no one wanted to get sick or worse yet come down with a plague. 

When Midori and Barty finally arrived at the Perona estate it was to find a number of gardeners outside tending to the various plants that lived within the walls. All of them gave the group the same look that everyone else had in the market and did their best to find a reason to move away.

Midori hit the intercom button and waited for a few moments, then hit it again angrily. Another brief moment passed before the gate swung open and the group was allowed in without any sort of questioning. 

By the time they had reached the door a pair of servants had already come outside with a stretcher, while another, this one taller and carrying a medical bag, stood waiting for Barty to place Andromeda on the stretcher. 

“Master Perona ordered us to let you in when you showed up and also ordered medical staff to assist you immediately if it was required.” The doctor said in explanation as he gestured to the stretcher. “Master Perona is currently at breakfast awaiting your company. However I assume you would rather stay with your companion here, so if you would just place her on the stretcher we can take her to my office.” He said anxiously as he waited for Barty to set Andromeda down. “In order to help her I’m going to need to know what happened though. Was she bitten or stung by something poisonous? Perhaps a curse of some kind? I just need some specifics and I’ll do my best to take care of the young miss.”

"There shouldn't be any problems," Barty said to the doctor as he lay Andy down on the stretcher.

"Just put her somewhere comfortable, these symptoms should fade once we finish our mission for Shamal," he explained.

"He's right," Midori said, anxiously looking over Andy, her eyes trailing down to the ring.

"The three of us are all under the effect of these rings, we had to put them on to retrieve the package without hosility. The current issue is that it affects andy more because it uses a similar vein of magic as hers. These rings should come off when we return to Shamal," Midori finished, standing up and looking at the doctor.

"So we'll see him now. If the ones who gave us these were telling the truth, that'd be the fastest way to cure Andy," Barty concluded, Midori glanced at him before nodding.

(Once again short)

The doctor seemed skeptical when he was told what to do with Andromeda, his eyes quickly tracing the black veins that had run up her arm and were working their way out from her shoulder. In the end he nodded though and gave orders to take Andromeda to one of the guest bedrooms.

A maid appeared a moment after the doctor had left with Andromeda and gave a small bow to Midori and Barty. 

“If you’ll please follow me, master Perona is waiting for your report.” She said politely before leading the way into the house. 

They were led through a new set of doors from the foyer and down a new hall before entering a huge dining room. 

An enormous chandelier hung from the ceiling, it’s light reflected off of the crystal glass that hung from it. The table was long and made from a dark, polished wood. The silverware were all exquisitely crafted from actual silver and the plates were obviously just as expensive, with each one bearing the Perona mark. At the far end of the long table sat Shamal Perona, a large breakfast sitting before him.

Shamal stood when Midori and Barty entered and gestured to the table before him. 

“Come sit with me, I’m sure you are both hungry from your adventures.” He said as he sat back down and took a bite of what looked like eggs. 

Midori walked down to the end of the table and sat on one side of the table but made no move to eat. Instead she placed her bag beside her and began to sift through it for the golden box. 

“I understand that your companion was injured during your mission.” Shamal said in a concerned tone. “That is unfortunate and I hope she recovers quickly. I was also told that it was because of those rings that each of you are wearing. I’ve never seen anything like them before.” He said with interest as he took another bite of food. 

“The guardians of the tomb weren’t willing to make a deal unless we put them on.” Midori explained as she hefted the box onto the table. “They kill us unless we give this to you before the third day. Turns out Andromeda’s magic doesn’t react well with the rings though, and that’s why she’s in such a bad way. She should get better when the rings gone though, so here you go.” Midori said as she pushed the box over to Shamal. “Oh and here are your things, that was part of the deal we made too.” Midori explained as she set the key, the compass, and the gold Perona deal on top of the box. 

The effect was instantaneous as Midori’s arm suddenly grew warm again and began to tingle as though it had fallen asleep. The ring on her finger turned to sand before her very eyes, and a wind from nowhere blew the sand away. The same thing happened to Barty’s ring, and after a minute a servant hurried in and whispered to Shamal.

”It sounds like your friend’s ring has disappeared in the same manner that yours did.” Shamal said with a smile. “The black veins are disappearing and she has warmed up. The doctor says she’ll probably sleep for the rest of the day due to how badly drained her magic is and how the ring affected her. You can if course visit her whenever you like, but first I’d love to hear about what happened in the tomb. What were the guardians like? What happened on your adventure? You can of course have as much food as you want and after that you two can visit your friend and then stay in the guest quarters. You two look like you ran through the desert instead of driving through it.” Shamal joked before taking another couple bites of his meal. “Oh and because of the danger that you all faced I will be raising the reward to 360,000$ instead of the original 300,000$. Consider it a bonus for the peril that the rings presented.” He said with a smile before continuing his meal.

(So Andromeda doesn’t wake up until the next day except for a couple brief moments. After that she’s fine. Feel free to control things however you want or suggest things to have happen if you want. Or we can timeskip, your choice.)

(A timeskip would be fine, I'll just do some fluff stuff)

Barty and Midori sat and ate with Shamal for the next hour, staying longer as they regaled the adventure.

However, as they began to reach the end of their story both Barty and Midori began to feel the strains of tiredness, both struggling to stay awake.

Noticing Shamal kindly offered them to rest in one of the other guest rooms.

Midori was to share the room with Andy and she gave Barty a tired wave as she entered.

Barty yawned loudly as he was led a little further down the hallway to his own accommodations.

He stepped into the bedroom and once again felt a strong sense of awe at the furnishings. He had grown up in a lavish bedroom but the designs and styles were completely different.

"To think this is a guest bedroom, I wonder what the master bedroom is... ha, maybe I should've asked Shamal to give Andy the fabled true loves kiss to wake her up," Barty chuckled to himself. He deposited his bag on the ground before flopping down onto the soft mattress.

He didn't even have the time to slip under the covers before he had fallen asleep.

It wasn't until the sun was starting to set that Barty awoke. He changed out of his clothes, he hadn't noticed but they were covered in a mixture of dirt, sand, and what was probably spider and manticore blood. He left his room and gently peered into the room Andy and Midori shared. Barty had been told that Midori had woken some hours earlier and had gone to the bazaar.

Barty stepped into the room, Andy had been changed out of her dirty clothes and was lying peacefully in the bed, dressed in a very extravagant pair of pajamas that were probably lent to her by the Perona family.

Barty walked over and sat down on the bed, as the doctors had said before he'd gone to bed, her skin and the veins had returned to normal, there wasn't a single blemish on her.

She looks really pretty, I probably could convince Shamal to give her a kiss Barty thought, chuckling.

"Rest up Andy, we'll be heading home soon. You did good," He said gently.

Barty stood up, readjusting the covers.

One of the servants informed him that dinner would be served in an hour, Barty gave them a polite thankyou before leaving for the bazaar.

20,000 extra jewel, now I can get those spices with no worries, I hope the stores haven't closed yet! He thought, rushing out of the palace.

Andromeda didn't wake up until the next morning at around ten o'clock. She was confused and groggy at first, not understanding where she was or what had happened. She could remember getting out of the tomb and sitting down outside, but then everything went dark. Now she was in a beautiful room with silk pajamas on. The light gave the room a golden glow and for a brief moment Andromeda seriously gave thought to the idea that she might have died. The ring had disappeared and the cold pain that had infected her was gone as well.

It was only when Andromeda got up and opened the curtains to peer out that she recognized where she was. The grounds were beautiful to look at from the window, and though the view was different she could easily tell that she was on the Perona estate. She could faintly hear the bazaar in the distance and based one where she was it could be assumed that the job was done. Of course she had to also wonder where Barty and Midori were. It was odd that they weren't around, after all it had only been a few hours since they had retrieved the box.

Andromeda was just pulling her boots on and had slung her trademark satchel over one shoulder when Midori opened the door and ran over to hug her tight. 

"Andy it's so good to see you! How are you feeling?" Midori asked after breaking the tight hug. 

"I'm fine Midori." Andromeda said with a smile. "I feel great actually. The wonders of sleep I guess. Who knew that only a few hours would make you feel so much better." 

"Andy, you've been asleep for almost a day now. We got back to town yesterday morning." Midori said with a frown. "I'm glad you're feeling better though. Come on, there's breakfast ready and Shamal wanted to wish us goodbye." Midori said as she led the way out of the room.

"Hold up, it's been over a day?" Andromeda asked incredulously as she caught up with Midori. "What happened? Did I get hurt or something? I was just tired was all, and the ring hurt but it wasn't like I was dying or anything."

"Actually you could have died." Midori said seriously as she stopped to look at Andromeda. "The rings were magic like we were told, but they were apparently an opposite to your magic. The statues said that they were made of the blackness between the stars or something like that. They said you would be fine once you were beneath the stars or the sun, but apparently you had a worse reaction then they said you would. Your magic and the rings were fighting for dominance and it was killing you. We got here as fast as we could, so thankfully you weren't to bad yet, but it's still a good thing that we were close to begin with." 

"Oh." Andromeda said as she thought about what had been said. "My master mentioned something like that sort of magic once. She said basically the same thing, that it was the complete opposite of both our magics, that fighting against each other could have catastrophic consequences."

"Well luckily it didn't come to that." Midori said as she continued walking and gestured for Andromeda to follow. 

The walk didn't take long and soon the two were in the dining room where breakfast was sitting on the table. Shamal sat at the head of the table apparently waiting for the group to join him, and when they all had he gestured to the food. 

"Please dig in, consider this the last part of your reward." He said with a smile. "And I am glad to see you up and about miss Andromeda, you've been asleep for awhile. I hope you're feeling better."

"Oh, um yes much better thanks." Andromeda said as her cheeks blushed a little in embarrassment. She busied herself by taking food from the table and putting it onto her plate, then began to eat, trying to avoid looking at Shamal too much. 

For his part Shamal merely smiled and made small talk with Barty and Midori while the group ate. 
When they were all done he stood and led the way to the entrance hall where he passed each of them an envelope. 

"Inside you will find your reward as well as a voucher for a ticket back to Stratham that can be used at any time. Thank you again for your help. If you're ever in Taraq again feel free to stop and say hello." Shamal said as he shook Barty's hand then kissed the back of both Midori and Andromeda's hands. "Unfortunately I have business to attend to, but may good fortune follow you home, all of you." He said with a wink to Andromeda who immediately blushed deep red and looked at the ground hurriedly.

The group was shown to the front gates by another servant and thanked once more for their service before the gate was shut behind them, leaving them to look at each other. 
"I guess we go home?" Midori asked Barty and Androemda. 

"No way, I need sun and the ocean is only a few miles away. I vote we go there first." Andromeda said immediately as she leaned back and let the sun hit her face. 

She closed her eyes happily at the feeling of it's warmth and her fingers glowed faintly for a brief moment as her power waxed in the sunlight. 

"Barty what do you think?" Midori asked quietly as she watched Andromeda. "Home or beach?"

Barty gave an unimpressed look at the two girls.

Andy was pulling severe puppy dog eyes, and Midori's poker face seemed to have a crack in it.

"Hmmmmm, I guess since you nearly died we can afford to go on a small trip," Barty finally said, prolonging the words.

Midori put on a relieve smile.

"But if we get attacked by any sharks, I'm putting the blame on you" Barty said, pointing accusatory at Andy.

Barty scratched his head, "I don't actually know the way, so you're gonna have to lead us andy. Nothing else you wanna get from the bazaar before we go?" Barty asked.

Andromeda's eyes opened when Barty said yes to her idea and immediately let out a happy yell and hugged him around the middle.

"Yay! Thank you so much Barty! Don't worry it'll be fun!" She said happily.

When asked about the bazaar Andromeda got a thoughtful expression on her face (always a bad sign) but eventually shook her head. "The only thing I want was 'Stars of the North' and I doubt that guys going to sell it to me anytime soon." She said before turning and walking towards the west gate. "Anyway I already got my souvenir." Andromeda said as she pulled out a small box from inside her satchel. 

"I found it inside when I was getting my stuff. I asked and one of the maids said it was a gift."

"Ooh a present from Shamal maybe?" Midori teased, watching Andromeda's cheeks flush deep red in embarrassment. 

"I didn't ask." Andromeda said in an even tone. "The maid just said it was a gift. Course I don't know what's inside since it's a puzzle but it's still pretty." 

"Says the girl who makes goo goo eyes at Shamal whenever he's not looking." Midori said with a grin. 

"It's not like that!" Andromeda said crossly as she put the box away. "He's just nice, and yes he is handsome, but I don't love him or anything."

"Nobody said anything about love Andromeda." Midori said with a knowing smile.

Andromeda flushed an even deeper red and almost seemed ready to continue the fight for a moment. After a brief pause however, she turned and stalked off without saying another word. It was a good hours walk towards the beach and for a good hunk of the time Andromeda continued to give Midori the silent treatment, going out of her way to not interact with the other girl.

Fortunately for Midori, Andromeda was a forgiving soul and by the time they had reached the beach she seemed to have forgotten about the argument and was talking normally again. 

Andromeda turned and walked over to a nearby bathroom and returned a few minutes later wearing a modest yellow bikini which, while showing off her figure, wasn't to revealing either. Her satchel was still slung over one shoulder, but that didn't stop her from striking a pose for her friends. 
"Do I look good or what?" She asked in a teasing sort of way. "I bet Sol probably wouldn't approve would she Barty?"

It hadn't taken Barty long to get changed, he'd put his swim shorts on underneath his clothes earlier, the pair red and leaf patterned, so it was just a matter of removing the unnecessary layers.

Midori stood next to him embarrassed as he changed.

"Why are you so embarrassed, I didn't show anything," Barty asked.

Midori glanced back towards the bathroom that Andy had left to.

"You didn't warn me that your trunks were on beneath your clothes, I thought you were properly stripping in front of me," Midori replied.

Barty laughed loudly.

"If you were that embarrassed why didn't you just head into the bathroom and change yourself?" Barty asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I think she's still bitter about my playful teasing," Midori huffed.

Barty gave a playful shrug, depositing his spare clothes in his bag.

"Eh, kid's will be kids. They can't handle any type of teasing. Too proud," Barty stated brightly.

"Kid? We're not much older than her," Midori rebutted, crossing her arms.

"Yeah true, but Andy herself just can't take any sort of teasing, or flattery. Girls proud but she also underrates herself... and there's example one," Barty concluded as Andy emerged, now dressed in a  bright yellow bikini that nicely accentuated her features.

"Heheh, if Sol were here I think she'd say you looked good enough to cook into a stew. If Shamal were here they'd probably fight over you," Barty mused giving Andy a wide grin.

Midori sighed, shouldering her bag and walking towards the bathroom.

"You look very cute Andy, you can't even tell what kind of state you were in yesterday," Midori said, as she walked passed Andy.

"I'm getting changed, go find us a spot, preferably with some shade," She called to the both of them.

Barty waved and walked towards the water, there were a fair plenty of people. Swimming, Surfing, some were just laying on the beach soaking up the sun, there were children building sand castles. A net had been set up and some folks were playing volleyball, they looked similar age to Andy and Barty.

All the shade cloths were taken so Barty laid his towel down beneath the a tree, though it didn't offer much shade.

It wasn't long before a lilac one piece, a white skirt wrapped around her waist. She was also now sporting a large white wide-brimmed straw hat and a pair of round sunglasses.

"Oh wow Midori, diva much. You're practically telling everyone here that you come from money!" Barty exclaimed, though quiet enough not to alert everyone that she does come from money.

In response Midori simply lowered the glasses slightly and shot him a Glare.

((Sorry for the late reply, also I don't know if veil is the right word, sash maybe?))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

(You mean something like This? If so it’s more of a skirt. Otherwise your probably thinking of something like a loincloth or something. I’m not quite sure. Do you have a picture?)

Andromeda flushed red again when Barty teased her about Shamal, but didn’t say anything. Barty was a good friend and she knew that he was just teasing, but that didn’t make it any more embarrassing to hear. She let it slide because she just wanted to have fun on the beach with her friends, not spend time being mad at them. 

Though Andromeda would never say it to him, Barty was also quite good looking, and if he wasn’t such a close friend she might have asked him out. That being the case she considered him a very close friend, not a romantic interest. 

Andromeda watched as Midori disappeared into the changing rooms, then turned to follow Barty over to a nearby palm tree. It wasn’t super shady but it still gave a sense of relief from the heat. Andromeda dug around in her pack and pulled out a towel which she laid out on the sand before she plopped down and waited for Midori to return. 

When Midori did return it was to find Andromeda playing a little pile of sand while she waited. It didn't take more then a second for Andromeda to get up and look around excitedly.

”Alright what should we do first? We could go swimming or maybe destroy those guys at volleyball, what do you think?” Andromeda asked Midori who merely smiled and shrugged. 

“I’m going to stay here and relax for a bit, why don’t you two go have some fun. Just leave your stuff here and I’ll watch it for you.”

Andromeda’s Gabe immediately went to her satchel at the suggestion and she got an odd expression on her face at the thought of leaving it.

”Andy, it’ll be safe with me, I promise.” Midori said gently.

Andromeda hesitated for a few more seconds, then carefully passed the leather satchel to Midori.

It was heavier then it looked and even caught Midori by surprise a little, but she kept ahold of it and placed it on the towel next to her.

”So what should we do first Barty?” Andromeda asked after a few more moments hesitation. “Volleyball, swimming, or maybe something else? Your choice.”

Edited by nomadicdesert

((Are midori and shamal npcs? I know sol is. I can't find the other two sheets...))

Miyuki stepped out from the bathroom in a black bikini her hair still in her trademark braid. She headed over to the vacant tree she spotted earlier only to find it wasn't so vacant now, the spot already taken by the barkeep and his friends. Holding the book in her hands she sighed and turned to look for another shady spot to retreat from the onslaught of the hot sun. Wait.... where was Ankoku? She frantically looked around starting to panic. 

"Where did that airhead get to?" She muttered as she stomped around the hot sand in her bare feet. She was halfway across the beach when a familiar whoop sounded coupled with a massive splash. 

Ankoku had already stripped into a pair of red swim trunks and made a beeline for the water. Using his flight ability, he practically springboarded over the shallows to high dive into the ocean with a whoop of pure glee. He remained underwater swimming back to shore when he saw the silt being stirred up by a familiar pair of snowy legs. He popped up from the water looking up at the icy gaze of his sister standing waist deep in the water. "What a foolish thing to use your magical energy on. If you stray too far from shore you could get caught in a riptide and be lost to the sea forever. You should keep your wits about you brother..." She scolded. Ankoku sank back in the water. "Sorry sis..." He bubbled mouth barely breaching the surface. "I just want to have some fun." She closed her eyes at this and sighed. "You can have fun without having to be reckless. Just don't do it again." She warned and waided from the water to once more find a shady spot. 

Ankoku sank to his eyes and floated across the surface. He wanted to shout kill joy but knew better. That would bring about the cold shoulder treatment for weeks. He shivered at the thought of icy glares and wordless disappointed looks he'd get when he was in deep trouble. 

((Found better link to image))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I don't think Shamals gonna return, Midori is a bit further down, Lu left the RP but left Midori as an NPC... hmm it seems like Ankoku would be a fan of Nathaniel (my other NPC)  Also none of the images you've linked work for me, the bikini or the one for Miyuki))

Barty rubbed his head, the idea of going swimming after being in a desert so long was very appealing.

As he was about to voice his opinion he noticed a very conspicuous pair walking along the beach, a pair he recognised.

"Hey, is that Miyuki? And look in the water that's Ankoku!" Barty exclaimed.

"I think it is," Midori said, before lying back down.

Barty ran over to the water and quickly waded in.

"Hey you two, what are you doing way out here!" Barty exclaimed as he reached Miyuki, the water lapping at his thighs.

"Nice dive Ankoku but you drew a lot of attention doing that, hey let's go into the rough! This waters too flat for me," Barty said joyfully, moving sideways through the water to the section wear the waves were much higher, crashing down with considerable force.

(( It's a bikini top with a black band under her chest and the strap is around her neck. I think so too, given he could relate to Nathaniel. Her image is the third one here

Requests- I bit off more than i could chew

))

"We had a free day or two so we decided to come here. I rather read then play in the water so you two have fun without me. You boys enjoy yourselves but please be careful." Miyuki turned around and walked out of the surf back onto the sand. She managed to find a vacated spot under a tarp lounging on her towel on her belly and reading the book in front of her. Every once in awhile she'd glance towards the water to keep an eye on her reckless brother and her guild mate. 

Ankoku's deep purple eyes lit up along with a blazing grin. He sprang up and tackled Barty in a bear hug. "Barty! Yes someone to have a water fight with!" He laughed and waved at his sister. "Aye, aye ma'am! " He waited until she was a little ways up the beach before shoving passed Barty running as fast as he could to the white washed surf. "You bet ya! You know me, I excel in dramatic entrances!" He exclaimed before he tripped over something in the water and belly flopped in the rough waters. He burst forth only a moment later shaking his head like a dog. 

(Shamal can be used if you guys want to although I hadn’t planned on seeing him again. If you do use him then make sure you have a good reason why he’d be there.)

Andromeda looked around at where Barty pointed and squinted her eyes a little to see what he was talking about. This only lasted a second though because the twins were easy enough to spot. 

In a flash Barty was gone and out in the water with Ankoku, while Miyuki walked off to read her book.

”Hey Miyuki!” Andromeda yelled as she ran by, her hand waving as she dashed towards the ocean. “I can do better!”Andromeda yelled as she summoned light to her hand and thrust it forward. 

“Hard Light!” She yelled, making a set of stairs out of glowing light. She ran up them and, much like Ankoku, used them as a platform to jump off of, making a big splash when she hit the water.

Andromeda came up laughing as the light dissipated behind her and splashed over to her guild mates. 

“It’s so good to see you!” Andromeda said happily as she floated over. “What are you guys doing out here? I didn’t know there was another job down this far.” She said before shrugging. “Well whatever the reason it’s great to see you both. Do anything cool lately? We just finished a job ourselves. Barty wanted to go home but I got him to come here instead.” She joked, splashing a little water at Barty playfully.

Edited by nomadicdesert