nomadicdesert

FairyTail RP, open and actively looking for people to join (Please join, we swear not to bite much)

“I don’t think that they’re a very well known dark guild and that it’s small. I don’t know much about them myself other than my brother being one of its strongest members,” Trish said in reply before backing up a step when she noticed the emerald green flames on her shoulders before listening to everything else that Sol said.

“I understand and I’ll keep attacking them to a minimum while getting the master out. I’ll more than likely put some of the members to sleep while we sneak in and get him out,” she said in reply to the last couple of statements that she said. “Should I let Barty know about this or would you rather do it as I make sure I have everything that I might need?” she asked after a few minutes of silence that had settled between them.

Edited by SkySong278

"Serious. I like that kind of attitude about a job. Alright then, we'll do it your way. Catch and release, no casualties." He smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

"So what is your little brother off doing?" He asked quietly.

Outside the window of the train the landscape flashed, as footsteps slowly approached the two wizard's seats. A young man, face masked by a hood.

"Sir, may I have a moment?" The young man muttered.

"Go away. I don't have the time." Jacques responded.

"Being that you are waiting to reach your destination on a train, Blackjack, I find that unlikely." He retorted with a sly smile.

Jacques' eyes darted to the young man and narrowed.

"I'm busy at the moment. If you have a contract that needs immediate attention, write it down and I'll get to it as soon as possible." He waved off the young man.

"As you wish, sir. I will be back, Azerjaan wills it." The young man stepped off towards the back end of the train.

Jacques turned to Miyuki.

"Apologies, Miyuki. I'm good at what I do and they seek me out." He gazed thoughtfully out the window.

Sol waved the suggestion to tell Barty herself aside and responded, "If he's who you're picking just let him know. Though the prospect of giving away money will probably break his heart," She said, slumping back down in the chair.

"I need to get some things ready, just please keep the news about the master between you and Barty, and if you see any of our S class wizards while you're out let them know. I don't want the guild hall to get worried, things could grow out of hand.

Sol looked up at Trish and smiled. "Be safe, the most important thing to do is for you and Barty to get out safe, if you can't get the master out then we'll have to resort to potentially agreeing to the ransom. Your safety is first priority," Sol stood and gave trish a somewhat awkward attempt at a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "The master believes in your abilities, and I do too. Who knows, if you pull this off he may consider bumping you up to S class. Now get going!" Sol concluded, pointing towards the door, her voice returning to it's usual commanding tone.

“Okay and I will. I understand,” Trish said in reply to Sol’s first few statements after listening to everything that she said before hearing everything else she said. She nodded with a smile before saying verbally in reply, “We will and I understand. We’ll come up with a plan to get the master out and us safe and sound.”

She then nodded again after feeling the reassuring pat on her shoulder and then said as she hurried out of the office, “Yes ma’am!”

When she was back down on the first floor she went back over to the counter with the worried expression back on her face before saying to Barty, “We were tasked to go on a special quest by Sol. Finish what you’re doing and meet me outside. I’ll tell you the details of it after you join me out front.” After she said what she did, she went outside, and stood off to the left of the guild building’s door.

Barty made to speak but Trish had already walked off.

He blinked a dumbfounded look on his face and reached down to put the closed sign on the bar.

Grabbing his coat he hurried after Trish.

"Okay this is quite sudden, what are we doing?" He asked before a his expression turned hopeful, "If this is a special quest, what's the reward?" He asked excitedly, the image of money flashing in his eyes.

((Sorry for the late reply and short post, been preoccupied with stuff))

"So it seems. " She said watching the young man go with suspicion. "Isn't blackjack the name of a gambling game? I prefer poker myself. So... you call yourself that from the tattoos on you, or that what you do is a gamble? " She asked insightfully. Her voice had went from cheery to icy flat as they approached their destination.

"So, let's split the reward evenly. As for my brother, he's helping a theatre company get on it's feet. It paid well, and my neighbor has some business in the town it's located in so I had him watch my brother for me, mostly because of his motion sickness, and to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Koku was right, I won't always be around to protect and provide for him and he needs to get stronger on his own. Just..... I've looked after him since mom gave birth to him because she was so tired all the time and she died when he was six months old. I basically raised him myself, even named him. He got mom's illness and was very weak... a lot of work for a seven year old cleaning house, cooking and tending to a ailing mother and sick baby but I grew up fast... I babied him for too long. I still see a wheelchair bound boy staring longingly outside the window whenever I see him. And I guess I see Nathaniel that way although he can most definitely take care of himself. I feel...... lonely without having someone to care for. Useless really. What good is there to have power when you can't help everyone out?"

Trish handed him the ransom letter that Sol had given to her so that he could read it and see for himself what the reward was. “She wants us to go into the guild that has him and make as little chaos as possible in order to get him out without paying the ransom. If we can’t, we are to come back here unscathed and Sol will see about contacting the magic council to get the funds we need. She also said that if we see any S class wizards while we’re out to tell them about this so they know and also that our safety is firs priority,” she said after she had given him some time to read what was on the piece of paper.

“The name of the guild we’re going to is called The Silver Pegasus. My brother, who I thought was dead, is one of the strongest members of the guild. I don’t have any qualms about going up against him. I just thought that I’d let you know so that when it might be brought later you won’t be too surprised,” she added after a few minutes before starting to head in the direction she thought the other guild was in before stopping to wait for him.

((let me know if I missed anything or got something wrong in my summary of their quest Marcus. I also apologize for my late response in here. I was waiting for Peelzies to post first before I posted again))

((Look like @Peelzies might be mia? And yeah you summed it up alright. Wanna come up with the city where the guild is located or shall I?))

Barty felt his face droop at the prospect of giving away such a large sum of money.

He shook himself and clenched the letter in his fist. Working for free was bad, but it was better than handing over the ransom.

"Alright, well I guess we've got a job to do. Do you know the way to the the Silver Pegasus guild hall?" Barty asked, there had been a meeting destination on the letter, but Barty doubted they'd give away their guilds actual location so easily.

He had absentmindedly started walking to the station.

"Also if this is your brother do you know what kind of magic he uses? Same as yours? Different flavour perhaps?" Barty continued.

Between the two of them the ability to requip to different weapons and maker magic made them quite a versatile team, so together he and Trish would cover a lot of bases but against a whole guild and potentially some s-tier equivalent wizards things could get difficult.

"Yes, the name of a game, but also the name of a type of bludgeon. All good guesses, but the reality of my name stems both from my ink and my effectiveness as a silent combatant.' He said quietly, his gaze focused outside of the train. A sly smile remained on his face, though he didnt seem particularly happy.

"Keep the reward for yourself and your brother. Whatever job that guy has lined up next for me will more than cover my expenses."

Jacques listened patiently as Miyuki explained her woes.

"I'm sure you've heard the tale of the little boy on the beach." He replied quietly.

"The beach was covered in starfish, brought in by high tide. They lined the beach miles along. A small child could be seen tossing the starfish back into the ocean. As the child progressed down the beach, an old man met him. 'Why do you make such fruitless attempts to save these starfish? You can't make a difference with such a monumental task.' The child tossed another starfish back into the ocean and said, ' I made a difference to that one.' " Jacques finished his story.

"When I was younger I always used to identify with the old man. I thought trying to make such a small difference was worthless, and one was better off taking the time to do something more productive. Nowadays, however, I'm starting to see the child's perspective a little bit clearer. One person might not be able to make a difference in everybody's life, but with hard work and determination ,  one ripple can cause a tidal wave."

((sorry. real life got busy for me for a bit and I forgot that I hadn’t posted in here. I can come up with a name))

“Somewhat. It’s been awhile since I last had to go there because I was being summoned by him,” Trish said in reply to Barty’s question before walking with him to the train station. “It’s located in a town called Cooperstown and I think it’s two or three stops away from ours.”

When she heard his other question regarding what magic her brother used she said in reply, “He has requip magic as well but he has swords and daggers instead.” When they got to the train station, she bought their tickets before handing Barty one and then got on the train afterward while finding a seat close to the front a short time later.

((Only been a little over a month since i posted, no biggie))

"Cooperstown... Never been there, do you have any idea what type of place it is? Is it a larger city or a small town? Seems hard to think a small town would be able to hide a dark guild," Barty said.

As Trish got the tickets Barty reached into his map and pulled out a map, inspecting the route they were set to take. Sure enough Cooperstown was the 3rd stop. The map didn't convey much more than that though, so Barty still had no idea the layout of the town.

He walked over to the info desk and purchased a map of Cooperstown before joining Trish on the train.

"Concerning his magic it shouldn't be too bad. You know the saying, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. So in a one on one fight we have range to our advantage," Barty said jovially.

He took out the map and spread it out on the seat beside him. The town didn't seem huge, perhaps a little bigger than Stratham and now Silver Pegasus guild hall was listed on it.

Barty rubbed his chin as he looked over the town.

"I have a suggestion, you might not like it," Barty said after staring at the map for a while. "We're trying to be covert here and we don't know much about the town. For all we know some Silver Pegasus goons could be waiting at the station for you to show up, which will throw covertness out of the window. So what i'm thinking is that we get off the stop before and make our way to Cooperstown either via a magic-mobile or if we have to, to walk. Get into town without anyone noticing us. Thought?" Barty asked, unsure how Trish would react to his idea.

((sorry work got busy and then holiday craziness before going back to work))

“I think it’s a bit bigger than Stratham (if that’s where Sphinx’s Paw guild is but I can edit it later when I can find the town’s name again in one of the earlier posts if that’s not correct),” Trish said in reply to the question Barty had asked before she had gotten their tickets and was now sitting next to him on the train. She noodles in both reply and understanding when she heard what he said about them being able to use long range attacks before looking out the window as he looked at the map.

She looked at the sky for a bit to see if she could imagine shapes in the clouds before hearing what all Barty said by way of an idea of how they could get to Cooperstown undetected. “That’s a good point and perhaps we can use a magic-mobile and take turns instead of walking because that could make us get there an extra day or so. What if my brother predicts that we might do that and as back-up have guild members all around the guild to keep an eye out for us?” she said and asked in reply.

They would have to come up with a back-up plan in case they end up not being as covert as they think they might be while traveling via either magic-mobile or by walking.

Edited by SkySong278