nomadicdesert

FairyTail RP, open and actively looking for people to join (Please join, we swear not to bite much)

((My bad everybody! Something must have been glitched, because every time I checked up on the thread it said there were no new posts, so I never bothered to open it.))

"Well, I'd like to-" Jacques began as he turned towards the voice. 

"The Earth-make wizard! Barty, was it? A pleasure to see you again." Jacques greeted him, surprised despite knowing he was a part of this guild.

" I'd like to meet the guildmaster before I consider joining up!" He said through a smile.

" Your brave assistance with the manticore matriarch inspired me to set my sights on doing some good instead of just chasing coin." Jacques lied.

He was playing a dangerous game. This kid was perceptive and already suspicious of him, he knew that much. Surrounded by allies of the young man as he was, there was very little chance of a successful escape without bloodshed. Keeping this in mind, he resorted to his favorite tool of social engineering; the time-tested "Fake it till you make it" strategy.

"It's a very comfortable little guild hall you all have here, and I'm quite tired of roaming from place to place doing odd jobs." Looking Barty in the eye he saw a glint of doubt, and gears turning.

((It's lazy of me but I still don't want to control the master... I'm just so unsure of his character))

As Barty went to respond he heard the door to the kitchens open and Sol walked out it, carrying a freshly cleaned tray of glasses.

"Oh you're back?" She said, thrusting the stack of glasses into Barty's hands.

"Put those away for me," She said offhandedly before approaching the counter and looking intriguingly at Jacques.

"The Master is out I'm afraid. Unlike most masters he still misses the action of guild-work and often takes missions himself to complete. He's been gone for quite a while," She said, trailing off slightly.

Barty glanced over his shoulder at the two as he began putting the glasses away.

"While he's gone I handle new applicants and the paperwork as the most senior S class wizard here. He's out so often I can't attend my usual duties of managing the counter," She said, indicating Barty with her thumb.

"If you do wish to speak with him I can send him a letter, it might take a few days but they do reach him and he responds," Sol suggested.

"Wait a minute Sol!" Barty said quickly walking up to her "This guys suspicious... he showed up in the middle of the desert where no one feasibly should have been. And I think he might be connected to an attack on us during our mission," Barty hissed in her ear, only audible enough so that she could hear.

Sol didn't say anything for a short moment before smiling up at Jacques.

"You seem smart, and we can sure use more intelligent wizards here and less people who try to just brute force their way through missions that require delicacy. I'm willing to let you work on a temporary contract until the Master can get back to confirm things. If you'd like," Sol suggested.

Barty scowled and looked down at his feet, where he was surprised to see shimmering green flame's lighting a small message on the floorboards: If he's here we can watch him.

Barty read the words for a moment before the fire vanished leaving no sign of them being there. He looked up at Sol who was showing no outward signs of suspicion towards Jacques or even acknowledgement of what he'd whispered but Barty felt a momentary burst of respect and appreciation for her. Clearing himself of his thoughts Barty let out a sigh and carried the empty tray back into the kitchens.

Trish got thirsty so she went over to the counter and greeted Sol with a smile after the former was done talking to Jacques. “Good morning Sol. Could I get some sweet tea to drink please?” she greeted the bartender with the smile still on her face and asked before she turned her attention to being on Barty and Jacques.

“Barty, Jacques. I hope you guys slept very well last night,” she greeted them while still smiling her bright smile from earlier when she had greeted Sol.

Miyuki walked in looking refreshed and rejuvenated. Her hair seemed to gleam and she smelled like Jasmine and lavender. She had gotten up at four, made her dress, washed, made breakfast, dressed and went  out the door at almost nine thirty. Her outfit was a  strapless dress that hugged her curves and flared out at the waist she had recently embrorderd on the way back from the sea side desert town. It was blue green silk look the ocean, with sailing ships, suns, wave designs and other kleptic designs of the sea in black-blue with small lines like moving ink..... She was busy pulling away a new set of needles and a bolt of fabric with embroidery floss into her satchel as she walked up to the counter. "The market is chaotic this morning. I found a new cook book Sol, it has a entire section about tea mixers and making alcohol from different berries. Cherry ale sounds sweet, and they even add pomegranate for color and a interesting flavor. Would you like to borrow-" she looks up at the last second nearly running into Jacques, cheeks turning pink. "It....... h.. hi..." She said shyly looking at her bare feet fingers running through the part of her hair that covered her purple eye. "I apologize for my actions last night. It wasn't very ladylike and my emotions got the best of me...." She said softly. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Temporary contracts are what i live for." Jacques responded with a smile and a chuckle.

Things could have definitely gone worse there. I should be extremely careful around Barty. He thought to himself.

As he turned he almost bumped into the young Ice-make wizard Miyuki. 

"Oh!" He stuttered as she appeared. He quietly listened to her soft muttering.

"Miyuki, my dear. You're apologizing to a man who's most powerful magic stems from overwhelming emotions. I know what it's like to lose it every once in a while. Your friend Barty can probably attest to that. You have no reason to apologize to me." he smiled and glanced down at the dress, which complimented her figure tremendously. The smell of Jasmine and Lavender was intoxicating.

"And either way, ladylike is no fun." He smiled, and turned to the counter.

"Thank you very much for your kindness, Sol. Could you direct me to your job board?" He thanked.

She smiled slightly. "It may not be fun to you, but I sure enjoy it. Although I can be considered a rebel at times.." She giggled setting a large cookbook on the bar for Sol. It had tabs in it of different colors. "Blue are the teas, the red are meat dishes, orange are soups, green are fruit and vegetable dishes, yellow are pasta and black is alcohol mixes and makings. Purple are exotic ones I thought Bart would like to try sometime. " She grinned. "I copied the ones I wanted so feel free to keep it until your done with it. I'll be getting another job. That beach trip took a bite from our savings. Oh, and Ankoku took this one. " She says placing a acceptance sheet on the counter. It was for a odd job helping around a theater in the next town setting up a outdoor carnival style show. It was one that required little to no magic, and one few would take.  "He headed off to it this morning. He picked it up last night. " 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Distracted from Jacques Sol smiled and accepted the book idly glancing through it.

"Hmm these should go well with the spices Barty bought back with him. Thank-you Miyuki. And since he seems so fond of you, could you show Jacques to the job board while I get to writing the letter to the master," Sol said. She then left the counter and walked upstairs to the masters office and out of site.

Barty nodded in greeting to Trish as he made up her tea. As Sol walked off Barty leaned in to look at the flyer for the job Ankoku had taken, a skeptical look on his face.

"Ugh, I was putting off taking that one. Not really one for theatre. Midori and Andy are also gone. They took one at Hargeon, think it was something to do with missing fishing boats," Barty stated.

"But is it alright for Ankoku to be heading out alone? Gary told me last night that your dad showed up asking about him," Barty said, his gaze lingering suspiciously on Jacques before swinging back to Miyuki, he felt that she had a bit of a soft spot for him and wasn't keen to leave her as the lone 'observer' should the two take on a job together.

Miyuki's smile faded. "Ankoku had a point. He isn't a child anymore, and I won't be around to provide and protect him all the time. Besides, he isn't exactly alone.  Our neighbor Charles is accompanying him.  He has business in the town and promised to keep an eye on him. Honestly I worry about the train ride more than the rest of it. You know how he is with moving rides." She replied to his question, intentionally not acknowledging the bit about her father visiting, obviously still a sore spot. 

Trish took the tea that Barty made for her, nodding in thanks to him before taking a sip of it and not looking at all her annoyed that Jacques hadn’t acknowledged what she had said to him by way of a greeting. She then listened to both conversations with interest but didn’t say anything because it wasn’t any of her business. She then picked up the glass with her tea in it before going over to where the job board was to look at all the jobs that were there and to see if there was one she could do by herself.

Jacques listened quietly.

"A dragonslayer on a moving vehicle never goes particularly well." He chimed in.

He looked at the Job board quietly. There was very little that explicitly suggested there would be violence involved. It almost seemed as if the guild was more of a hired set of hands to complete everyday tasks with rather than the righteous defenders of good that he was expecting. He grabbed a request that involved bandits charging a nearby town for "protection". This seemed like his style. In and out quickly, he'd be. Probably wouldn't even have to shed blood. And the pay wasn't bad. Pocket change in comparison to the dangerous contracts he was generally hired for, but money nonetheless.

He began walking towards the door, but stopped and glanced back at Miyuki. That dress she was wearing must have been what she used his body art for. It was quite beatiful, as was she, but in Jacques' business getting attached to people always ended in tragedy. When there's someone to take hostage, someone to protect, the game changes immensely. Actions had consequences for someone besides him.

He continued out the door.

A ice dog appeared in front of him. "Master is a stickler for rules. If you want to take that job a official member must accompany you and a form filled out to accept it. If you're absolutely sure you want to be in the guild, you have to follow the rules. Besides, I already filled the form for that job anyway." Miyuki said softly waving the acceptance form over her shoulder before setting it on the bar. She popped her knuckles. "I'll be back Barty. I'm still a little irritated over last night and this may be a good way to cool my head. I'll make sure Jacques doesn't get into trouble out there and tarnish our name. We better get the first train out. Good thing I packed a lunch!" She said with a smile. "Oh and Trish, Ankoku wanted me to tell you, you looked pretty at the beach the other day. Although he was worried about your health when your face turned pink. Hopefully the sun didn't get to you. Oh... and he made this for you. I taught him how to sew leather, clothing and embroider things so he can always add his own personal touch to clothes. He's not as good as I am, but it can function." She pulled out a hat and handed it to her when she passed the job board  on the way to the door.  "I fixed it a little bit for him. " She smiled brightly winking at her. "Be sure to thank him if you like it. Now jaqu we can't be tardy. " she brushed by him and walked outside, the ice dog disappearing.

((Is this okay?))

(( Sounds good to me. Das a nice hat.))

Jacques paused in front of the ice dog, his expression withstanding. Miyuki was somewhat unpredictable, but would be a nice companion to have should things go sour. 

"Feisty, aren't we?" He added as she brushed past him.

Jacques descended the stairs next to Miyuki as the morning sun rose higher in the sky. As they traversed the small cityscape, Jacques glanced sideways at the crime scene and investigators in the alleyway across from the Inn he stayed at the night before. Pretending to give it no heed, he carried on walking.

(( Sorry for the short post, wanted to give you time to react.))

((With you two heading off I don't really know what to do... Barty and trish on a mission?))

((Exams are over, huzzah!))

Barty glared at Jacques as he and Miyuki walked off.

He tapped anxiously on the counter.

"Now what am I supposed to do?" He asked allowed. He watched with envy as Trish and several other members stood before the jobs board searching for a new quest to go on.

"Ughhh I don't earn enough doing this, I want to go on more jobs!" Barty exclaimed, rustling his hair in frustration and earning a few side glances from some of the other members.

"Trish! Please come to the masters office, there's a matter I'd like to discuss with you!" Sol's voice called from the 2nd floor.

Barty looked up in surprise, she had only just gone into the room, what was there that needed Trish's immediate attention?

Trish looked at a few jobs that were posted on the board but didn’t see anything that she liked. She turned towards Miyuki when she heard her start talking to her and listened to what she said, blushing slightly when she heard the part regarding Ankoku saying that she had looked pretty at the beach the other day before hearing what else she said as well as looking at the hat that he made her.

“I was feeling fine but was blushing so it didn’t have anything to do with the sun getting to me. It’s a very lovely hat and I’ll make sure to do that the next time I see him,” she said in reply with a smile before taking the hat and also before the former walked out of the guild with Jacques. She took her other hat off and replaced it with the one Ankoku had made for her and was about to find a place to put the old one when she heard Sol yell to her from the second floor. She set it down on the table nearby for anyone else to take if they wanted it before rushing up to the second floor as she was requested to do. She had heard Barty complaining and would have gone over to see if he was okay but she had been urgently called to the master’s office and she didn’t want the fellow guild member to wait for her too long.

“What’s wrong Sol?” she asked with a concerned expression on her face after she had arrived to the office.

((congrats Marcus :). I bet you did fine on them ^_^))

Edited by SkySong278

Barty was tempted to follow Trish up to the office, his curiosity piqued, however the arrival of 3 new members was distraction enough to keep him away.

He called a greeting to them and quickly made his way back to the kitchen to heat up some breakfast.

Sol was seated at the Masters desk rubbing her forehead as she looked down at the letter she had just opened.

She looked up Trish as she entered and leaned back in the chair.

"Sorry for calling you like this but... we've recieved a letter, specifically a ransom letter," Sol said, indicating the note.

"It appears the master has gotten himself into trouble, they must've ambushed him and used sealing stone to keep him from using his magic. Or he's just getting lax in his old age and forgot counter," Sol continued with a loud sigh.

"I asked you here because the letter specifically asks for you to be the one to bring the payment, do you know the name at all?" Sol asked, tapping her finger at the writers sign-off.

((Feel free to put a name there :D )

((okay :)))

Trish looked concerned and worried when she heard about the Master being captured before looking a bit shocked when she heard what Sol said about the random note requesting that she bring the payment. When the note was turned her and she was asked if she knew the name of the sign-off, her face drained of color.

“I thought he was dead,” she said as she looked at the name. “My brother Theodore, I called him Theo for short, did this. He’s with the Silver Pegasus guild. I was sent a letter a year ago saying that he died but I guess he faked his death. He didn’t really like hearing that I was with this guild but I didn’t care. I’m happy here,” she said in reply to the question as she looked up from the letter to being back on her fellow guild member and bartender.

((hope what I put is okay...))

Edited by SkySong278

((um yeah just leaving this here mostly for Peelzies...:nyan:

edit: I know you’ve probably been really busy in real life but I don’t want this to die is all 😇))

Edited by SkySong278

((I'm content with us moving our "story" on but yeah I'm waiting for Peelzies or Araora to post))

((I know. that’s why I was bumping it so that Peelzies could post when he gets a chance :)))

Edited by SkySong278

(( Sorry bout that! Work's been exhausting. Havent had the inspiration to write. Also, if you are interested in taking a look at Jacuqe's mess after hes out of town, we could progress the two-face arc.))

Jacques turned and smiled to Miyuki.

"We'd better hurry or we'll miss the early train." He said, picking up speed slightly.

As they arrived at the train station, Jacques noticed the employee he tipped yesterday. He had bandages around his head, which lead Jacques to the surprising realization that it was this man and his girlfriend/wife that he had saved in the alley. As he passed, the employee tipped his hat and smiled, recognizing the man that had paid for his outing.

Pretty cheery for nearly dying. What a positive attitude. Jacques smiled and waved as he stepped onto the train. He sat down at the window seat and gestured for Miyuki to come sit as he read the mission in detail.

"Looks like It's more than just average bandits. Apparently a few of them are wielding some powerful magic. Probably shouldnt try to take them on in town in that case." 

As the train began to move, Jacques glimpsed a hooded figure on the platform, the same figure that picked up the package from the mission in the desert town.

Damn. Already.

Miyuki was distracted by the heavy police presence around a particular alley as they carried a covered stretcher were a bit of cloth stuck out from under the tarp. She sighed heavily. Poor misguided girl got herself killed. She was one of the teen orphans that ran around causing havoc and Miyuki tried to get the promising child to turn herself around but to no avail it seemed. She knew exactly who it was, for the stitch work she had done when the girl banged on her door in the middle of a storm three weeks prior asking for new clothes, and Miyuki being the soft hearted woman she was made them to replace the tattered ones the girl had. 

She turned to Jacques once he started speaking and nodded. Once on the train she sat down and stared blankly out of the window, conserving energy to face the bandits and mentally preparing herself for a hellva fight. "I could've told you that simply by the price. Let me make it clear though, we will not kill anyone. As a wondering wizard, I don't want to know nor would assume what you do to get by, however it's always good to always check to make sure that an probato guild member knows that we detest killing anyone, even when our own lives are in danger. So I wanted you to swear to me you'll practice self control against these bandits and if I feel you stepped out of line, I would add that to my report for the guild master and Sol. Am I clear?" She said in her monotonous, cold voice that made a few other travelers shiver. 

"Silver Pegasus... truthfully I've never heard of them before. I don't know how strong they are. If they're not a dark guild I'm certainly going to be having a word with the magic council about this," Sol said, a hint of anger eminent in her voice as emerald flames danced across her shoulders.

She sighed and tapped her finger on the letter.

"Now, while it specifies that you are to bring the ransom note, no where does it say that you must go alone. So take someone with you all the S class wizards are out so try to go with someone versatile, Barty would do. This may seem dangerous but it might call for stealth so I think you and one other will suffice. We don't have the luxury to pay off a bounty like this so I want you to go to them and either get the master out or delay long enough for me to gather some funds or reinforcements from the magic council. Don't get caught in a full on assault of an entire guild," Sol concluded.

"I'm hoping your brother will be reasonable enough to wait a little... Sphinx's paw isn't the wealthiest guild," Sol said somewhat quietly.