angelicdragonpuppy

Change how celestials interact with breed filter

Right now if you use the filter "available for breeding," Celestials that have gone more than a week show up. It would be nice if they only showed up if corporealize was available, in which case hitting the breed button would automatically trigger it.

I know it's a small issue only affecting one breed, but it's annoying to see one is ready for "breeding," click the breed button, be told you can't use that right now, go into the action page to corporealize them, then realize they can't corporealize for three more weeks.

Alternatively, make them show up as availlable for BSA? At least mine are not showing up as BSA-able, and last time I've corporealized them was maybe two months ago for the encyclopedia.

Either way, support for the plothole fix.

Edited by Light Concorde

Eh, I think wedging them under breeding makes more sense than wedging them into BSAs. 99% of the time the BSA is being used to enable breeding, whereas the BSA filter is clogged enough as-is with BSAs that don't have a regular use (greens, shallow waters, soulpeaces, I'm lookin' at YOU >8C)

I don't care which they are added to, so long as there's some way to see when they can re-use corporealize.

So, support!

Cheers!

C4.

Bump? I support this. I think they should be removed from the "available for breeding" filter since if they're on cooldown they're ... not available for breeding.

On 6/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

... It would be nice if they only showed up if corporealize was available, in which case hitting the breed button would automatically trigger it.

I don't know about "auto-corporealizing" though. You don't even have to put in your password to corporealize (if you have it set to require one).

I might as well just change their breeding cooldown to match the cooldown of their BSA. That would solve this issue a bit more gracefully than trying to special case them in the filter.

I'm a bit iffy on setting their breeding cooldown to their BSA cooldown because if you corporealize a dragon and then don't breed right away, they'll still be on breeding cooldown even after their corporealize comes off cooldown. Since breeding cooldowns are supposed to be 7 days and corporealize is 30 days, wouldn't it be possible to just make their breeding cooldown the exact time of their corporealize cooldown once bred? It won't give them any shorter a cooldown than original, but it'll make sure that their breeding cooldown isn't actually affected in any way.

The other issue is that if you use corporealize but don't breed them, then they'd still show up in the breeding list even if you can't corporealize them. So maybe just automatically put them in breeding cooldown once they go back into Ethereal form?

I like the idea of auto-cooldown on the breeding once they go ethereal, since that seems useful.

Would it be possible to set their breeding cooldown to exactly their remaining corporealise cooldown? If so, that would be a really neat way to solve the issue.

16 hours ago, StarSea said:

Since breeding cooldowns are supposed to be 7 days and corporealize is 30 days, wouldn't it be possible to just make their breeding cooldown the exact time of their corporealize cooldown once bred? It won't give them any shorter a cooldown than original, but it'll make sure that their breeding cooldown isn't actually affected in any way.

That's exactly what I proposed, yes.

Ahhh my bad, TJ I misunderstood and thought you meant you were setting their breeding cooldown to 30 days rather than making it base on when they can become corporeal again haha

Edited by StarSea