Wiz

Stable names, personal cave names

How about...

An automatic stable name. The default would be your scroll name but you would have the ability to change it. So my auto stable name would be Angie Baby but I would choose to change it to Zek or maybe 'of Zek'.

The point of this is that when you come to name a dragon the stable name will automatically be added so that the chosen name would then be unique to you. But.

Stable names would not count towards name length. They would be outside the action box.

When naming dragons a tick box would be added giving you the choice to hide or show your stable name on the lineage page of the dragon. This is important to those of us that do quote lineages and for people who just hate stable names.

This idea came to me while breeding for Sock's breeding event (you try breeding over a hundred Splits and not have your mind wander tongue.gif ) so feel free to pull it apart and put it back together again.

How would the view/name thing work?

Would we see a string of Darth Vaders with all the stable names included, and if not, how can we easily tell which one is the one we were looking for ?

Good point. One I don't have an answer for yet.

I did think maybe a page with all of the 'Darth Vaders' coming up with their stable names so you could pick the one you are looking for. But then I thought 'my god woman that's a terrible idea, there could be potentially hundreds of Death Vaders on that page'. So yeah, still thinking that one through.

Edited by Wiz

Would this be optional? I sure as heck don't want *any* kind of "stable name" added to my dragons automatically. I already have breed-specific "stable names" and don't want my scroll name or anything else put after the name.

So is a 'stable name' like a suffix that automatically gets added to your dragon's name?

Yes. With the option to hide it when naming the dragon.