Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I don't use the mic myself when playing Warframe, but I can still hear other people who do. I did a mission once where I'm pretty sure there were two people just swearing repeatedly in German at each other. The third guy was just laughing his head off. 

Sounds like my friends from last night!

They were hilarious!

I wish I was brave enough to use the mic but people always want to talk about stuff. I just want to plan the mission, not talk about the last movie I saw. 

Hi Fortune!

Hi Spirit!

Since i am a native speaker in German i would know for sure should they swearing repeatedly, but German is not German i was was listening to Swiss and German people all talking German and the Swiss people tried really hard to talk High German (because reginoal dialect or Swiss High German is different) and i had problems understanding them.

Pretty sure for English native speaker the same is true with English native speaker from other countries too!

Last night I just sat and listened and laughed. Didn't talk much.

You really don't have to conversations when you play with other if you don't want to.

I might have figured out some of the German mostly because of our own language. But don't use full sentences on me. Then I'm lost

I know some German words but not many. My German teacher in school couldn't give a fudge so we mostly just watched German tv shows in class and none of us had any idea what was happening. 

Just so you know... That's how I learned English XD

I think the same would be true for me in your case if you talk your language Spirit.

Aww, how awful to not teach at all! Must have been boring for a lot of the time. Which shows?

You can really just only talk about the game. But if someone is forcing you and your mic is open... I can understand you Fortune.

Yeah but did you have any context? The show we had to watch was usually a man and a woman speaking over the kitchen table. We all thought they were married until out teacher one day pointed out they were cousins. 

No idea what the show was. Sorry. 

I've used the mic three times. The most recent one was about a month back when I was doing a high level spy mission. I knew the route and said I could handle getting the data, but then one of the people I was with would not shut up with asking questions about stuff I liked. 

Edited by Fortune86

Remember every thing we got was from another country which means it would be in English.

We had local shows that was Afrikaans but the cool stuff was the English ones.

Don't know how I figured the English out in the end. I remember my close friend was really jealous cause I understood English.

Basically the language classes we had in primary school was Afrikaans, English and Northern Sotho

And telling that person i don't want to talk about me just the game please respect my privacy did not help? Sorry for that.

I don't know which show that could be. I mean there are so many shows and if you can't remember the name...

Did you have subtitles Spirit? Because if not then that's pretty amazing! (Still good if you did though XD)

I'm too anxious to be that bold lol. 

No subtitles back in the day.

I was always better at learning from the TV than in school XD

I remember more from facts from TV and gaming than I do from school too lol. 

Yeah same here. Well except when I had to do projects. I remember a fair amount of the projects I did and the info I had to put in them.

I was good at practical work in school.

I did pretty well in my projects too, but it was usually copying information. Never really took it in. Most of our teachers tended to just teach us what we needed to know to pass the next exam and that was it. 

I put a lot of effort in my projects mostly because half of my points for my grade came from them. I was really bad with exams.

8 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

Hi Fortune!

Hi Spirit!

Since i am a native speaker in German i would know for sure should they swearing repeatedly, but German is not German i was was listening to Swiss and German people all talking German and the Swiss people tried really hard to talk High German (because reginoal dialect or Swiss High German is different) and i had problems understanding them.

Pretty sure for English native speaker the same is true with English native speaker from other countries too!

Definitely! I have been here in the Bahamas for 20 years now and still have trouble with understanding some people with heavy Bahamian accents.

My German is a nice clean High German thanks to my teacher who was from Bonn. I can understand Platt Deutsch (northern) but have no clue when I'm hearing Bayerisch (southern). XD

Ok.

Downloaded Heavy Rain last night and the control system is going to take some getting used to XD

How's you?

Cold! Very cold.

And because it's so cold I sleep through the night XD So I'm good

Yeah. But getting up this morning was a pain XD

Also I broke my bathrooms extractor fan. I was cleaning last night. I got a bit rough with the cleaning