AppleMango

New Years Resolutions

Become vegetarian! Which so far, has been easy and great! Another one of my new years would be to not undervalue myself, like I have been doing for the last couple of years... And in some way, be happy with myself and my accomplishments. wink.gif

I made a second one!

Learn all the words to One Week and be able to sing it xd.png

I think that a resolution I need to keep to is keeping up with naming my dragons. I raise them faster than I can name them!

With my simple naming scheme for an Olive project, it may be easier; I can hopefully not gain unnamed dragons, and I can slowly work through the page or so that are as of yet unnamed.

I think that a resolution I need to keep to is keeping up with naming my dragons. I raise them faster than I can name them!

With my simple naming scheme for an Olive project, it may be easier; I can hopefully not gain unnamed dragons, and I can slowly work through the page or so that are as of yet unnamed.

Pro tip to help you achieve: I use a random name generator to name my dragons. It gives me a list of names, and I just copy paste them in tongue.gif

But, if you want a name based off their code, then Confused Cat made a code based name generator that you might find useful smile.gif

You can also filter by: unnamed hatchlings/adults if you didn't know this already smile.gif It helped me a lot when I found out!

Good luck! smile.gif

Do well on the exams! And hopefully get into my desired university... also learn cooking and become more athletic.

- Lose weight. I managed to lose eight kilo over the last two months, I need to keep doing that now.

- Cycle more. I started cycling to work again a few weeks back.

- Do my two research projects. I've been sitting on them for months and made zero progress. That changes this month.

- Lost 5kg since making this post.

- Cycling four or five times a week, only drive to work when I then have another event straight after that means I'll be going far/out late.

- Stonewalled, sadly. But my article is now in circulation.

I don't make new years resolutions. Everyone knows they are made to be broken. No, I make All-Year-Resolutions, and my biggest one is to get a motorcycle finally! Also get a vampire dragon and make a truly impressive Vampiric lineage.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:46 AM, Metal-n-Monster said:

The same one for the past 5 years:

> Lose weight.

August 31st and I'm down 68 lbs. Holy damn, I actually followed through (and am still) on a NYR for once...

Last New Year's Eve I made a resolution to train myself to get better with social interaction and I'm finally doing something about it in the form of getting proper therapy for my fear of social situations. I know it's kind of personal to mention publicly on a forum but maybe getting it counts as progress for the better. :)

5 hours ago, Cottoncat said:

Last New Year's Eve I made a resolution to train myself to get better with social interaction and I'm finally doing something about it in the form of getting proper therapy for my fear of social situations. I know it's kind of personal to mention publicly on a forum but maybe getting it counts as progress for the better. :)

That's very good to know! :) A lot of people lacks social interaction skills (myself included), which is a pity since we are all social beings. Maybe the technology helped with this and maybe it also created a barrier. Nevertheless, its good to know that there are proper therapy and ways to enhance that ability. Kudos!

To get back into my artwork again. I have already started the way to do that.

To start a well thought out and beautiful lineage project. Again I have already started on that.

Drink less soda. I have failed at that one. :( 

Put a good effort into new at home job. I am doing, okay at that one. Its hard doing time managed stuff with other tempting things like the forums.

Take time to self and play games or read or watch Netflix or role play. I am doing okay at that one as well.

My new years resolution is to practice doing push-ups until I can beat my dad's record... 😅

1. Teach myself how to draw to improve my drawing skills.

2. Only caffeinate once a day.

3. No junk food.

4. Seriously cull my possessions. I have way too much and have turned into a bit of a hoarder. 😊

I've been a really bad reader/writer the past year, so my resolutions are simple but important to me. 

1. Read the 3 'obligation-read' books that I've had for nearly a year (required to write a review in exchange for free book)

2. Write one thing every month. 'One thing' meaning anything fiction, 100 words or more. Poem, drabble, whatever.

I'm pretty bad at doing New Year's Resolutions because they are too generic. 

But let's give it a try:

- Start eating in a more balanced way. I don't eat bad per se but we do tend to abuse pasta and rice in my home because it's the easy solution. Eat even more veggies and be careful to hit my protein needs!

- Prep my meals for the week so I have my tupperwares ready for lunch.

- Set and hit performance goals in the gym (as in being able to do pull-ups, pistols squats, lift x kg). Make realistic goals and work towards realising them!

- Read all at least some of the books in my nightstand. I blame fanfiction for pulling me away from that never-ending expanding list.

- Be kinder with myself. Love myself a little more.

1. Finish another two planned Siyat lineages. So many stubborn dragons, but these two lineages are possible, dangit.

2. Tone up/gain & eat healthier. The foods I choose are not providing the necessary nutrients, apparently..eating is such a chore.

3. Deal with trauma instead of ignoring it. More PTSD nightmares incoming in 3...2..

My main resolutions are:

-get healthier

-learn how to play the piano

-Stop procrastinating. 

Dragon-cave resolutions are to:

-Name all my dragons. I either name my dragons something funny or something fancy along a certain thing. I have a little under 300 dragons to name 😓

-Describe Dragons.

-Get a gold trophy. About 200 dragons away!