Acornia

ETERNAL FATES

"Well,since you apologized, I guess it s all right." Fierana said with wide smile. Turning toward the old man she shouted, because small voices aren't very loud," Morning ! Thanks for letting us stay the night." Jumping of the table and resizing her self to 5ft. 6in. and asking, "Is there anywhere to clean up around here?" she spoke with a more subdued grin. Edited by shiara_wolf_queen

Lukas chose to ignore his drunken ramblings, instead opting to hurriedly slipping away into the storage room deep in the depths of the house. After withdrawing a weathered, but not unclean cot, he tucked his sleeping cargo down between its covers and quickly and quietly making his exit. He glided up the steps and into the hall. He was in the clear. Ayrie would not awaken until the following morning. He went to find Cecil, smoothing his wrap as he went his way.

-----------

I love you.

"Ugh!"

And you understand me like no other.

"You're disgusting! Grah!"

A loud smack! resounded from the far hall room, the door flying open and rattling on its track. A black haired, black and pink-clad man with a tendrilled bloom in his hair stormed out, a grimace twisting his face. He held his hair away from his back, making a dash for the stairs. He was filthy with the vomit of a particularly intoxicated customer, and the sheer sensation of hot--

"uuuRGRAAAAGH!!! censorkip.gif! I ****ing hate you nasty, inconsiderate flesh bags!!! ****ing censorkip.gif!"

He immediately made way toward the stairwell. Somewhere in that dank spider trap was the towels and cloths, and he was far too frustrated and sickened by the state he was in to ask someone to fetch them for him. No, unfortunately, it was left to him, covered in soured wine and bile, to wait on himself. What a grievance.

Though consumed with boiling hatred fortified by another disrespectful human, he stopped in his tracks when he heard a sort of misplaced scampering. What was wandering about out here? Or...who?

He had his answer within moments. A glimmer of gold? Furred feet? Hmmm....

Gabriel decided to take his place in a room he knew was empty. Smelling of freesia and a certain something elicit...ah, but the owner was long gone by now. He leaned close to the door. There he lay in wait. And with the prospect of gossip and damnation beyond, his patience was endless.

It wasn't long before he was rewarded. Up the steps, his footsteps certain in his subterfuge, came the so-called "Yamabuki", Lukas. Oh, but did he despise this gilded wretch. Imil's study, an admittedly strong competitor, oh, he was absolutely awful. How he appealed to the lowest denomination with his feigned inexperience...disgusting.

As he passed, the dots connected. Sure that Lukas and any others were firmly out of the way, Gabriel exited his hide-away and made his way quick down the steps. When he finally found the storage room, he went in.

"And my, oh, my...someone's being naughty..."

Edited by Sugar-Free

Kohler waited for what seemed like ages. He would swim out and chase fish or pick at plants then come back to see he was still asleep then go back and do it again. But the more time wore on the more he got worried. The guys breathing was the same and he wasnt turning and moaning like he was in pain.

Maybe he was just faking it. Agitation started to well up in him as he waited for what started to seem the impossible. Climbing his way out of the lake he treaded over to his sleeping form amd stared down at him. Reaching down kohler pulled up a wad of his skirt like bottom and held it over his face.

A couple of drops hit his face, running down smooth skin leaving glistening trails. Still the few dropws where not enough to wake him he took the end he gave it a twist and watched in mild fascination and glee as a small waterfall fell drenching his face.

Just as quickly as it had fallen Kohler dropped to his knees and smacked him a couple of times on the face.

"Hey, wake up im not going to keep baby sitting you."

Standing back up he let a grunt and a huff escape him before he brought his closed tail around smaking the man on the stomach.

"Get up damn it"

Kohler keeped his eyes trailed on him for a few seconds before loosing interest again. Turning around he settled for watching the water ripple along the bank.

Edited by Acornia

Tetsuna gave a smile as she had accepted his appology. He shook his head and sighed as she jumped and resized herself. He looked away from her as she resized as he was not use to it at all. "I am also very curious, i haven't been able to wash up either."

The night rose and fell without issue, and a plethora of patrons came and went, fulfilled. As morning came upon the brothel, he found himself sore and desperately in need of a relaxing wash. After collecting his cut and retiring to the bathhouse, he emerged clean and ready for a nap.

Just as he was tugging down his bed cloth, his door came open.

"Lukas, a word with you?"

Cecil was standing there, his face devoid of any discernible emotion. Lukas tilted his head, brows drawn in confusion.

"Sure. What do you need?"

Cecil motioned for him to follow out into the hall, leaving before he had a chance to question him. A very acute sensation of dread again to knot in his stomach. Could it be?...

Lukas followed without a sound more.

----------

The descent down the stairs struck him numb. His eyes remained fixed to the steps, and he stayed silent, as was expected of him. He knew, and he knew by now that Cecil knew, that his secret had been exposed. What was worse was the lingering scent of peonies just behind him, the signature of the Widowbird. He didn't even dare to entertain his gaze.

His heart was in his throat by the time Cecil eased the storage room's door open. A faint magelight appeared in his hand, the blue-white casting a damning glow on the body lying asleep in the corner of the room. His golden hair and ears were too evident.

Cecil guided Lukas over to the form, pointing at it. His eyes fixed to his.

"What am I looking at here?"

He went rigid as his mind raced for an answer. It was simple, easy to just give him the truth. But a part of him wanted to cast doubt on what Gabriel had likely told him; after all, no one could prove what he might have supposedly saw. Bu he knew better, and even moreso, he knew the severity of punishment for deception. By these measures, he knew the choice he had to make. He took in a deep breath.

"He's a Kin. I had to take him in. He'd've died in the festival if someone h--"

"You know our rules, Lukas." Cecil cut him off before he could continue. He shook his head as he looked over Ayrie's body. Again, he glared at Lukas with condemnation.

"Do you think your authority allows you the ability to fornicate with the help whenever, without pay?" What was this? He thought...?

"No! That wasn't what happened at all!" He tried to resituate to a more easygoing position. Maybe he was simply misunderstanding, and if that was the case, it wouldn't be too bad trying to worm out of any form of "discipline". "I really was trying to help him out. I wouldn't dare step upon our laws, promise. There was another execution of our kind today, and...I didn't want him to suffer the same fate." Cecil took his good time studying Lukas's face for untruth before returning his attentions to Ayrie. The pause between was agonizing.

A leather fold was handed to Lukas. It was heavy and bulged in places, obviously worn over long years. He opened it up as Cecil began to speak from his knelt position, but he already recognized the toolset from years and years ago. Tapered expanders and explorers of various sizes, shapes and materials lined its insides, and there were two bottles of a clear substance inside.

The memory left him unbearably cold.

The housemaster was rubbing his fingers together on Ayrie's ear. "I'm going to keep this Kin for the house. I can see how he'd appeal to some of out customers. I've had more requests for elf hybrids, and I've never seen one with cat-like features."

He stood again and passed by Lukas, Gabriel stepping out of the room and Cecil standing in the doorway. He stayed long enough to give his commands:

"Inspect him. I want to be sure he'll be worth my time. If not, I'll toss him back out to the streets where he belongs. But," and he glanced back knowingly at Lukas, "if you choose not to do it, I will know. And you'll suffer the consequences.

And with that, the door shut, smothering out the light for a second before his eyes adjusted. His stomach growled and spasmed, reminding him of the hunger he was feeling from the night before. Of course, this feeling paled in comparison to the starvation and exhaustion he'd face if he stood against Cecil's wishes. But the prospect of violating someone who he had intended to help soured his appetite.

"It won't be too bad if he's asleep," he tried to reassure himself. He didn't feel any better about it, though.

He went to the sleeping Ayrie's side and sat beside him, examining his features while he still reasonably could. He was quite nice looking, surely a popular potential choice if he did become a courtesan. Blonds had a tendency to get favored more likely than any other, and his eyes were very, very beautiful. He could see him in a nice silken outfit, paired with something simple and sweet smelling to make his mark with--

"Mhnm..." He groaned. This wasn't right, even by the standards of this twisted world.

"But I have a job to do."

He withdrew one of the tapers--smallish, not too invasive, and coated it in a thin film of clear fluid.

"Please, forgive me. I promise I won't hurt you."

---------ayrie-------

A scent so familiar tickled ayries nose. The dream he was having was a good one. He was remembering a time beside a little pond with his father, how he had praised him when he had caught his first fish. But there hadnt been honeysuckles there that day as it was easier spring. He remembered treading on cold wet snow as it melted in the suns heat.

The scent only drew stronger and his dream change. Black tendrils creeped in and consumed that memory, replacing it with something just as tantalizingly dangerous. The new dream took on the form a beautiful woman he had seen come to his place one day.

She had been sick and her hair was thrown up in a sloppy bun and a beautiful pair of pants and jacket had graced her form that day. She was human through and through but to ayrie she was a angel. Coming to the cabin she had hoped that his mother could whip up a home remedy for her. After getting a bottle of green liquod she left. Ayrie had never seen her come back.

But her she was once again at the forpoint of his mind giving him soft kisses and tender embraces. She smelled of honey suckles though and it was stronger. Concentrating on it he wanted to get lost in it while she loved him fully.

Lavender eyes fluttered open to look at the figure above him. Reaching a heavy arm up he wiped at his eyes while his other when down to pull the blanket back up. He found though that he couldn't find it, but its absence was not the only odd thing noticed.

Ayrie was looking up at Lukas and he was now holding him in a tight embrace. Had he missed it, for a second lukas had looked pale and sad. As if he was about to do something he didn't want to.

"Lukas what's wrong, are you ok and why are you hugging me." Ayrie asked with the throws of sleep still lacing his voice.

"Ah, you want to clean yourselves up. Well, usually we have some water stored here, but we've run out yesterday, so I think you'll have to go over to the lake. I'll show you the way."

"Alright gramps, I guess I'll just stay here alone untill dad's back then?

"Thayran, why don't you just come along with us? They look like they're about your age, and they seem like nice people as well, so maybe you could become friends?

"No, no, I don't mind staying here."

"Are you sure? Could you then at least tell Khayran that we're off to the lake when he comes back?"

"Fine, I will."

"Great. So, Tetsuna, Fierana, shall I show you the way then?"

Fahran already had his hand on the knob of the backdoor.

---

A wanderer... he could've been one himself, if he hadn't found that troll. Would he have been able to surive on his own? Would he have been able to ever get back to his father? Funny, this was the first time he was thinking about these things. About how much he actually only had thanks to the one who would've destroyed his life if he hadn't been killed.

Yes... you owe him a lot...

What was that? Why did he think that? He didn't bother finding out, instead surpressing the thought by turning his attention to Sydith's question.

"Yes, I will certainly go with them, and I hope Thayran and Fahran will come along as well. I guess they will though."

You wouldn't even have a son without him...

So? That's no reason to be grateful. It was never his intention to help me.

Just like it was never your intention to get your son's mother killed, but still you feel sorry for it

"So how far is it back to your place?"

"STOP IT!!!"

"Oh, sorry Sydith, not you... it's... hard to explain. We should be there in about 15 minutes."

------------sydith----------

Sydith raised one pale delicate eyebrow at khayran not sure what that all about. Not really caring as he said it didnt pretain to her she fell into step behind him.

"So, not that i care how your sad life was, but there must be a reason for your little outburst. I dont think my ramblings was that bad." Keeping her eyes on him a moment longer she waved her hand in a dismissive gesture while shaking her head.

"Nevermind"

She followed behind him silently waiting to see the little house that was his home. Not walking beside or in front she walked behind him, watching his back as he trugged onward to there destination.

Tetsuna let his emerald eyes wander from the boy to the older guy. "It may be lonely by yourself, i know that things may be tough on you but trust me when i say that friends can help you, you just need to find the right ones." He stood and walked over until he was beside the door. He made sure he had his bag and everything else he needed before getting ready to go out the door "ready when you are."

Fierana walked over to the door ready to follow the old man out. Looking at Tetsuna though she just couldn't resist.

Leaning into Tetsuna, close enough to feel each others body heat but not close enough to touch, she whispered,somewhat seductively, in his ear, "I normally don't like water but I don't mind being wet with you."

With a quiet giggle, Fierana shifted away, giving Tetsuna a coy grin.

Tetsuna let his breath out at her ear as she spoke. He had a slight blush but shook his head whispering back. "It seems you will have your chance soon enough then huh?" He couldn't help but chuckle at her grin, he decided to play her game and gave her a wink to see her reaction.

Fierana's smile got a wicked twist and giving Tetsuna a once over leaned in close, just enough for her breast to press gently against his arm and whispered seductively, "well, from here it looks like it will be worth it."

Tetsuna opened the door and gave the fairy's butt a slap before walking out the door. "If you think it looks worth it from there imagine it from here?" He chuckled as he leaned against a tree looking at the older guy "so which way is it anyways?"

Letting out a quick laugh,Fierana heard voices and saw a path tossing one last coy smile at Tetsuna, she headed towards the lake. she passed Sydith, ignored her, and Khayran, offered him a nod and continued on towards the water she could now smell.

The water glittered crystal clear and the grass on the bank was soft. Quickly stripping Fierana jumped in leaving her clothes in a pile on the bank. Thankfully the lake was only deep enough to come up to her collar bone, more of a large pond really. Fierana relaxed asthe water soaked away the grime of yesterday and today.

Tetsuna ran after her, following her past khayran as well as to the water. He stripped his clothes off and walked into the water. He floated on his back before splashing water at her and swimming a few feet away "this feels so much better, like everything is just washing away, including my worries."

Splashing him back, she swam to the other side of the lake. After relaxing for a moment, she responded," I know a better way of getting rid of your worries."

With a wicked grin Fierana Climbed out of the water, and laid out on the bank to dry in the sun.

Tetsuna was curious about what she said, swimming over he pulled himself out of the water and stood beside her. He looked down at her and gave a soft smirk "oh really little fairy, exactly what do you have planned for that then?" He spoke with a chuckle shaking his head.

------------sydith----------

Sydith walked behind khayran and was thinking to herself. After a couple of minutes when he didnt reply her stomach dropped. She had the feeling that she may have hurt his feelings, which was not something she had ment to do.

If it would repair a little trust and have him open up she could and would play human for him.

"Sorry, I am curious and would like to know that thay outburst was about. If you do not was to tell me that fine but I am here if you need me. I've lived a very long time and i could possible help." she said the last bit woth a far off sounding voice as she slipped back to a different time.

But she didnt stay there long as she walked up beside him and looked him in the face. He looked almost tired and wore like something was grating on him. Worry bubbled up in her for him, and that was something rare for her because she didnt care about people. Bit the look on his face made feeling buried long ago trug up so she had the feeling of wanting to help him.

"If only we had the time, but we have plans to discuss with the others."

Giving Tetsuna on more longing look, Fierana heaved a disappointed sigh and got up to get dressed. Unable to resisted, she slowly pulled up her leggings, with plenty of wiggling. After puttng on her top there was also a lot of suggestive adjusting. After offering Tetsuna one last apologetic and, slightly hopeful smile she took to the air saying, "See you back at the house when your more suited for company of others."

With that Fierana flew above the trees, shortly landing in front of house.

((sorry, I don't actually want to be banned.))

Edited by shiara_wolf_queen

Tetsuna stood and admired her as she wiggled back into her clothing. He shook his head chuckling at her movements and sighed softly. He nodded understanding before he began to get dressed himself watching as she flew over the trees. He took his time as he walked back towards the house now fully clothed. He began to hum as he walked his tail swaying contently behind him, his ears sticking out of his wet hair that clung to his head. His bright emerald eyes took in the scenery of the forest as he walked through it.

Light.

Light, and the scent of grass. Warm.

He didn’t know when his eyes opened. What he did know was an ungodly amount of pressure, grabbing at his skin and suturing him down to the ground. When a few seconds passed, he became truly conscious: there was a sky, canopies, a slight breeze...

He sniffed.

And the scent of iron. He shot up—

“Uggwah...!”

And immediately regretted it. His head swam and his vision spun. There was an intense sensation of being dragged to one side, before his gravity shifted and he leaned into the right. He gathered his legs close and rubbed his hands on his face, feeling minute traces of something likely unpleasant under his fingers. Imil licked his lips to confirm his fears. But surprisingly, he tasted nothing but...river water?

“The hell...?...what in...nnngh....”

He lurched forward onto his hands, feeling an invisible force pushing him forward. The light was becoming too unbearable. He submitted for the time being and hid away behind his palms. He needed to get his bearings. A courtesan without his mind about him was as good as dead. Or worse.

The first problem was the time. He clearly—or mostly—remembered it being night. After all, he hardly ever did his work in the day. But, as he couldn’t forget, it was daytime, getting close to afternoon. Even worse, he was outside on the lawn. Why? How? He peered through his fingers.

And beyond, was there ever a sight to see.

Blood. An incredibly large pool at that. Barely concealed by a hideous show of purple of green, and seeming removed of its—

Imil turned and suppressed a retching noise. His stomach was made weak by whatever substance he had ingested the night before, and the sight of a very clean, very professional beheading was simply too much to bear right now, even if he was relieved by it. The prospect of being sold, and to that man? Imil growled into his palms and smoothed them away.

“Cecil.”

Cecil: the man who had forsaken him for coin. Cecil, who had more than once sullied with him without payment or consent. Cecil, who had used him for gain just like any noble ever had. Imil found himself very acutely aware of some greatly repressed anger he held toward the housemaster.

“Huh...what an idiot. I never had you figured for a smart man, just an opportunist.” He recalled the last moron he’d swindled for Imil’s purchase. The poor duke had no idea just how much he’d lost, even for all the gems and money he’d been offered. And now? Well...disregarding his ego, it was a safe bet that the brothel he’d called home for the last three years would suffer a considerable dent in its profits. He could almost take a selfish satisfaction from that knowledge alone.

But there was someone who remained in his stead.

“Lukas.”

He looked around again.

And he was shocked by what, or who, he found.

Nearly white skin. Indigo scales glistening with remnant water. A large finned tail like a paddle splayed out behind him. Horns?

Imil situated himself to shroud his interest quickly. He peered at the Kin through narrowed eyes.

“You...who are you?”

Lukas startled at the sound of Ayrie's voice beneath him.

He raised himself up enough to look at him. What was he doing, exactly? He'd had the tapers, ready to inspect his charge...but...he didn't remember. He did have strands to work from--barely tangible visions of a time long past, obsessed with purples and the beauty of sunsets--but that wasn't an explanation. He was here, hugging this sleeping Kin, and though he was beautiful. he didn't owe him such affections. So...what was he doing?

"A-Ayrie?" He stuttered, unsure. "I...I don't know....um..."

Instead, he managed a weak smile.

"You looked cold. I thought I might lend you my heat."

-------Ayrie-------

Ayrie gently pushed on Lukas’s shoulder to get him up so he could look him in the face. His voice had sounded hollow like there was no life left to give. It worried him because this was not like the gentle soul that he had meet the other night. The one who had been kind enough to give him a drink while listening to his problem, and certainly not the one who had given him a place to sleep.

yes I am a little cold, but are you ok.”

Ayrie sat up looking around at his surroundings. He was in a little room that held towels and bed linens, he assumed it was a storage room for their clothing and clothe materials.

“where are we”

It was then that Ayrie seen the things on the ground beside him. The objects were in all shapes and sizes, same where really long with scrolling pictures and such on it and somewhere short and thick. Most where made out of a metal of some kind. Ayrie picked up one that was fairly long and silver in color letting the coldness of it seep into his hand

“what’s this” he asked with innocents in his voice.

-------kohler-------

“Lukas.”

kohler head whipped around at the sound of a groggy voice. Startled kohler turned around on his hands and knees keeping his eyes on the boy.

“You...who are you?”

His composer must have come back as now he was starting into a face set like stone. Kohler stood up and slowly made his way over to him, stopping he started down at him from his position above him.

“hey, you may call me kohler. And it is fantastic that you woke up, I was thinking about leaving you because even after soaking you and beating on your stomach you still didn’t wake up. For a minute I thought you were dead.” Giving a light chuckle he walked back to the water’s edge.

“well now that you are up I don’t see a reason for sticking around. But if I was you I would leave here soon. I’m sure that that man’s friends are going to come looking for him.” Giving one look up and down the man he took in his clothes.

“and given your clothes and such I would imagine that if they found you it would be beheading on

site.” Kohler sat down on the shore soaking up water and enjoying the sun warming his skin.

Lukas stood away from Ayrie, taking the taper out of his hand and storing it away.

"Mph...just, don't worry about it for now, okay?" Thankfully, it had only rolled free of its clasp, and only needed to be returned. Before Ayrie could rise, he motioned up from the ground and breathed, coaxing liquid from the tap to his hands and cleansing the misplaced tapers and tools. They'd had no use, but he wanted to make sure they were sanitized. When he finished, he dropped them into his hand and returned the water to where it belonged. As he stored away the rest of the tools to the fold, he sighed.

"Come on. Get to your feet. We need to get you away from here, and quick. You're close to a situation I'm sure you don't want in."

--------

"Huh" Imil scowled at him. "Like you're one to talk. You're one of the Kin, as well. And you've obviously misunderstood my place in this world."

Imil stood and rubbed at his face. He felt so...unreal. So spaced. It wasn't the effect of the opium from before, and the alcohol wouldn't have taken him down so far. No, there had been something else at work...something sinister...

A glimmer of a pink and black man flashed into his vision. What was his expression that night? Wide, knowing, and his lips barely concealing his excitement? The slight downturn of his eyebrows hadn't been scorn--well, not fully. Maybe it...was delight? The taste of something dry and garishly sweet remained on his tongue. It was likely Seyh'root, famous for its soporific effects. He snorted in incredulity, but said nothing in regards to it.

"You say you're leaving, then? Hah...well, I can't necessarily have that, now can I?" He leaned on one foot and tilted his hips, raising his arms slightly to show his lithe form, the beautiful drapes hanging at his wrists starkly contrasting his black garb. He had security in this, at least.

"Let me repay your kindness, if you will. I can't have my hero leaving dissatisfied and wanting, especially after a valiant fight with a heinous dragon." He sauntered toward his new customer, retrieving his mandolin in the process.

"What do you say? My ego halved from the statement, I am the greatest this land has even known; I never leave a customer wanting for anything but more."

Edited by Sugar-Free

---------ayrie-------

Ayrie wobbled to his feet, worry evident in his posture.

"What do you mean. Where are we going." Ayrie followed lukas through was seemed to be endless passages. No having been awake for the trip in he certainly wasn't ready for the trip out.

"Were would we go, its not like i really had a destination in mind when I got here. I guess we could always travel to the woods. Theres plenty of arcanes there." Ayrie looked at lukas's back a odd feeling of sadness came over him at his lack of replys.

"You do plan on coming with me right." Ayrie asked quietly. He like lukas, he was a calm quiet soul who had been nothing but kind to him. He hadnt really thought about it but he just wanted lukas to fo with him. He was perhaps the first 'friend' he had made in a while. And he was naive no stupid. Being I side of this place he had a good idea of what it was. His dad had told him stories of places like this. And he doubted that lukas liked working here.

----------kohler-----------

Kohler took in his form as he held his arms out a little. A blank deadpanned look was all he gave as he stared at him.

"Sorry stranger, you can be the best in the land or hell even best in the universe but I still would not sleep with you. " He regarded him with annoyance, what did he take him for. He hadnt slayed the beast just to sleep with the princess and for him to just openly offer. A involuntary shutter ran through his body at just the thought of sleeping with him.

"Look I saved you because I wanted to, not because I wanted to have you for myself."

Kohler eyed the instrument in his hands as he came closer.

"I am not one for used goods or even easy goods but I do like music. Where i come from it is hard to come by so I dont get to hear it often. How about you tell me your name and play for me and I'll take that as payment." With that Kohler layed back in the water watching him waiting for something to happen.

Edited by Acornia