Acornia

ETERNAL FATES

"Disgust." "Anger." A sense of dissonance.

A sharp pain went through Imil's heart at his denial. It was the first time he'd heard it put so...bluntly, as anyone that talked to him was more like to bed him than anything else. Such was his nature, to manipulate without lifting a hand, but who was this man to show resistance to his wiles? And these feelings...Imil felt a disconnection between his supposition and truth. But perhaps it would just take a bit more more willing to get him to comply.

He set down his case and procured his mandolin from it. Its body was cool from the darkness inside, familiar to himself. His fingers rested over the strings, drifting over them, contemplating.

"You ask of my name? Perhaps the land of your birth is indeed far-removed from here..." Imil gave the mandolin a strum, sneaking in a curious look over his captive audience. He was very nicely built and well-scaled--a Water Dragonkin of some specification. Imil didn't recognize his dress, but he seemed well-off enough, probably in possession of money or some sort. He couldn't help but let a hiss of amusement escape.

"I'm known only as Imil, the Ice Dragon of House Hammamelia--"he paused, "or, I was, at one point." He watched the water beginning to coat over Kohler's scales, watched as they shimmered and dulled with the vibrations of his heart. While not as brilliant, he was reminded of Lukas's, and his mind drifted to an image of the boy in his place, his eyes closed and delicate with the shadows of his eyelashes...trembling in anticipation...

He funneled that tension and energy into another strum, this one more mysterious than the last. He had to stay focused. He had a duty to fulfill.

"If a song is all you'd ask of me, I am more than happy to comply..." And he began to pluck out the sensuous melody of the tune he'd chosen.

Pick apart the pieces of your heart...

Let me peer inside...

Let me in where only your thoughts have been,

Let me occupy your mind...as you do mine.

He took the lengthy interlude between to move in time to the seductive beat, stepping and swaying slowly with the flow of his drapes and dress. He would've enjoyed the accompaniment of percussion, with the dips of the drums and shifting of shakers mocking the beat of his heart, but this could do, for now. He had their individual parts in his head, so much a part of him now that they were forever inseparable. He took in a breath, heady with the memories.

You've lost too much love

To fear, doubt, and distrust

It's not enough...

You just threw away the key

To your heart

You don't get burned

'Cause nothing gets through

It makes it easier--

Easier on you--

But that much more difficult for me...

By this time, he was over Kohler, making himself as open and desirable as possible to him. His voice was as sweet as he could make it; his instrument finely-tuned to be warm and dark, comforting. In this last line, he put it all--his love, his want, his greed and purity, everything he'd regretted and was grateful for--

To make you see...

He looked down to find his eyes and make it hit home.

And found them distant. Empty. Emotionless.

"Nothing."

Imil let the pause afterward ring out, and gathered the mandolin to ready it back to the case. He studied Kohler--what was his issue?--looking for an emotion to cling to and feed from. After all, that's what his words were for--evoking a response. An opening.

What Imil found was faint, but prominent: "Sadness".

Edited by Sugar-Free

----------kohler-----------

He watched as the stranger set down his case, pulling from it a beautiful instrument. He couldnt tell what kind as those this where not his strong point but he could tell it was well crafted.

"You ask of my name? Perhaps the land of your birth is indeed far-removed from here..I'm known only as Imil, the Ice Dragon of House Hammamelia" he paused beforw continuing " or, I was, at one point."

Kohler was getting ready to ask him about his old home. Wondering what had brought him here when the first strumming caught him and held him captive.

It was weak and wondering, as if giving no direction. The second was much stronger and filled with purpose, Kohler assumed with a smile that he must have picked his song.

As the song started he sat listening to the rise and fall of his voice, watching as he danced his way toward him in a very sensual way. Kohler liked the sound of his voice and the music he created but listening closer to the words he was dragged back in time.

As the light vacated his eyes and his face fell, dejected he looked into the beautiful blue eyes of a woman that held his heart long ago. She had been a mermaid with a tail of spun gold and hair a fine red curtain of fire.

She smiled and held his face, speaking silent words to him as they had sat on the shores of a beach. He had asked her hand, he had given her everything all of his time, wealth and love and she had said no. It had been suffocating when she told him that. And why because his father had offered her a place in his harem, one she had excepted because it would would give her a life of luxury.

He no longer felt anger toward her or his father just sadness at the love he had lost.

Snapping back he shook his head a little plastering on a smile.

"Hm, you are really good. Thank you for that, consider you debt payed." Standing and walking over to his spot back by the case he squatted next to him as he worked.

"So what now, im sure it would be deathly unpleasant" he gave a pause looking at the beheaded man.

"To stay and get caught. If you have no where else to go I have a spare room and if tou play for me then consider that payment for the room. And we can always work out the details later." Kohler looked imil in the face with a smile.

"So, whats say you to that?"

Imil smiled back and latched the case closed. He had his answer now.

"Certainly. I live to please, and will venture to pleasure you in any way possible; just show me the way."

There it had been: the one thing he'd longed for. The one thing he needed for his survival. Kohler was not wrong--any human could be an enemy to them at this point, regardless of their status as Kin. He had killed the man in Imil's defense, but they didn't know; to them, it was simple murder. And no doubt, the nobility would be soon to answer it in blood.

But Imil had his loophole. The man had show just the tiniest of weaknesses. Imil knew this sensation well.

"Intrigue."

--------

He denounced the troubled expression on Ayrie's face when he chanced a glance at him. Why did this kid care so much? Didn't he understand the severity of his situation? So close to violation, and now, under the threat of slavery...

"Put those thoughts out of your head. The only thing that matters is you, and this is not your destiny."

There was only one place to go now. Lukas made a hard right at a closed door, slipping in to the greeting of freesia in the air. Certainly, Ymir would have his answers.

"Ymir? Are you here?"

Though dark, Lukas could not find Ymir anywhere amongst the covers of his bed. Even his presence seemed absent in the entire house. His eyes flicked about for a moment before pulling Ayrie out with him, and made a dash down the hall. He had one chance. It was a huge risk, but he had to take it.

"Ayrie" He stopped and pulled the boy into the shadows. His eyes searched his, pleading his lavender eyes to understand. "You're...I've done a terrible thing. I don't expect you to understand, or to forgive me, but above all else, you cannot remain here." Lukas smoothed a hand over his head. It would likely be the last time he'd ever see him, if things went according to plan.

"...my master...wants to take you as his own. If he does, you'll become a courtesan--a prostitute. You'll lose all of your rights as a person, and you'll be forced to stay here forever." He sucked in a shaky breath. This would not be easy.

"I've lived here for three years. The strands of my fate drew me here, and it's here that I've found myself woven. But you? You can still escape. Your fate is still undecided!" He pushed a little closer to Ayrie as the sounds of footsteps echoed far off. Deep below, a door opened and shut--the sign he needed.

"I'm gonna get you out if I can. What I'm gonna do is take you to this underground passage. It's a secret exit that's used for funneling in illegal slaves for the house." He fiddled around in his waistwrap and produced a hefty bag. He placed it in Ayrie's hand and urged it toward his pocket.

"I'll take you to the door. Go the length of the tunnel, and give the guard there this. She'll let you through, but I can't go any further than the door. Do you understand?"

Edited by Sugar-Free

"Well now that that's descided, come let us go."

Kohler stood back up and ambled his way back to the waters edge. Sloshing into the cold and inviting liquid he glanced over his shoulder.

"Dont give me that, come on." Kohler motioned to the water with his hands. Just past the bank the ripples of the water stilled, creating what appeared to be a small disc.

"So most of the trips underwater. This disc will keep you dry, mostly just dont touch the barrier and you'll be fine."

Kohler waited for imil, he was half afraid that he wouldnt take the risk. And there was no other way there that he was willing to go. And he didnt look like the kin of any water dragons that he had ever seen.

---------ayrie-------

Ayrie listened intently as this information came to him.

"I dont understand why dont you come with me. There is what only one or two. Give them that censorkip.gif you gave me, wont it just, I dont know, knock them out or something. I mean unless you want to stay."

Ayrie's voice lost volume as his desperation turned into dread and sorrow at the prospect of leaving a friend. There was something about lukas that reminded him of his home.

Maybe it had been his scent or maybe it had been his caring heart that had taken him in, or maybe it was the strong resolve to send him away to keep safe that had cause him to lean in and embrace lukas in a last attempt to have him come.

"Please, please come."

Ayrie took a step back before looking him in the face. A saddened smile graced his lips. His ears dropped visibly down to just about to the back of his shoulder. Defeat seeping into his features.

"As I already said, it's hard to explain. And I also rather don't talk about it, or think about it. This has never happend before though, and I don't know what could've caused it."

Really? You don't know? Think about it! Isn't it obvious?

No, it's not. And I don't want to think about it. That's what is obvious.

-----

"Ah, Fierana, I see you're back. Come in." Fahran said, as he opened the door for the fairy. "So where did you leave the boy... Tetsuna, if I remember it correctly?"

Drake recalled the conversation he had had with his mother. She had wore her favorite pale green dress that matched her eyes. It was trimmed in gold with scrolling leaves and flowers on the sleeves. Her hair had been fashioned up into a golden braid that circled her head.

She had been standing by a stained glass window with a angel on it, guiding humans inland to saftey from the ocean.

Light caught and reflected a prism of colors from diamond earrings she had. She was beautiful even as age started to show in her features. Faint wrinkles and laugh lines graced her face but that just added to her beauty and wisdom in Drake's opinion.

"Drake, do you know why i have called you here." Pauseing she looked away from the window over at Drake.

"Yes I have some idea. Does it have to do with armidell that you have taken a interest in." Drake smiled while his hands moved slightly with his words.

"Yes yes you are very smart, I've not said a word about it to you but you still knew. You will make a fine king one day to rule our people." She looked him over taking in his light tan skin and silver hair, he looked so much like her. But his slitted green eyes where like those of his father, the color was hers but the slits where those of a beast and clear horns decorated his head, those where thanks to his father.

But she could happly say that he had gotten his smarts from her and his courage and strenght from him. And she was proud of him.

"Anyways I have hear some disturbing things from my sources in the are. The town has been lacking in paying its taxes and they are also bringing in more arcane slaves than permitted. I want you to go and investigate. Amd please don't bring any of those filthy creatures back. I know you find them interesting but they are dangerous."

With that she had turned back to the window, a sign he was being dismissed.

Drake sat on his horse looking at the town in front of him.

It was such a contrast to what he was used to. Where he would have seen towers that stretched to the sky here they only towered a little over the castles small houses. The buildings for the most part was dirty and dingy a couple of the better houses where painted but even those the paint chipped off and gathered in piles, speckling the ground in colors of white and green.

Drake turned and motioned to his main force to go scout around. Hearing the steps of the horses leave that was his sign. Setting off at a brisk pace he made his way with 20 of his most trusted me. Silently slipping his mask on to hid his feature he made his way past buildings and houses. People turned to look at the small platoon of men coming in.

They must have looked intimidating on strong horses and full sets of armer. Each was polished to shine silver, his being the only set in red. Children scampered away amd held onto there mother's as both shut them selves into the saftey of there homes. He assumed that they didmt see royalty much or even the nobles of this county.

His destination was the square. There he would talk to the mayor and get accommodations for the night for his men. In the morning he would set things up for a meeting.

Edited by Acornia

Tetsuna walked through the forest yawning as he walked. He was confused due to fierana teasing him and leaving him uncertain of why she wanted him out there with her. He gave a quietgroan as he adjusted his clothes and pulled his cloaks hood up over his damp hair. He ran his fingers lightly along the trees until he saw Fahran's house, waiting as he was not sure he wanted to enter yet, enjoying the feel of nature a little too much to go inside yet.

Edited by voltage

"Tetsuna should be on his way back right about now...... but Im curious. You don't seem the least bit concerned about having a group of strangers in your house?" Fierana sighed, and moved over to a tree leaning back on it. "And in times like these I know there are arcanes out there who would turn you over to the humans for money or whatever other motivation they might have. That seems like a risk most people would be Leery to take. So why the lack of concern?"

Fierana's face portrayed an expression of honest curiosity.

Edited by shiara_wolf_queen

"I have a very good reason to trust you, and that is that Khayran trusts you enough to let you in. And believe me, I can tell if something is wrong with him and this morning when I saw him, there wasn't."

He took a pause, to give the words he just spoke the chance to come through to Fierana, and to let the next words he'd say have the right, very subtly threatening undertone.

"Oh, and none of the people Khayran put his trust in while he shouldn't have are still alive.

Edited by Felixr2

------------sydith----------

Sydith through her hands up in the air in agitation.

"Fine ,whatever you say. I wont play human with you then." She said while truning around and continuing on here way. She had a odd feeling of .....anger is what it was called by humans.

As it bubbled up in her for she had only tried to be helpful she lost her shape and changed, morphing back into her towering form. As her anger grew she turned restless. After a couple of minutes a gurgling hiss excaped her as she turned, walking off the trail. Wordlessly leaving khayran to walk back himself.

She needed a place to calm down amd she knew of one a little ways from here that still held a little magic.

"I'll be back, maybe."

"Hmm......somehow you don't were intimidation well." Fierana spoke after a moment of thought.

"Well, regardless of trust we need to form some plan of action......... Tetsuna should be here soon, but shouldn't Sydith and your son be back already?"

Tetsuna heard his name and walked up behind fierana patting her head as he made his way past everyone to the couch. He sat down with a quiet sigh before looking at them "i am sure that threat should be aimed at me since i am the one that asked to come before inviting the others of course with your son agreeing that it was ok and he even offered. As far as that goes fierana you are right we need to think of a starting point if we go as one or split up, many things could be discussed."

"Sure," Imil replied in earnest. He'd decided to lace his fate with his for now. He stepped onto the watery platform and waited Kohler's reply.

--------

It pained Lukas to see him like this. All of this...his fault, not Ayrie's...but he could not placate him. He simply shook his head "no".

"I can lead you to the door. It's up to you after that. After all, my fate is here now." He gave him a sympathetic look and pulled him up beside him, leading him to where the passage was. Down a couple flights of steps, down where the cold leeched into the fractured framework of the brothel, and the two came upon what appeared to be a stone wall with nothing buy buckets denoting it.

Lukas didn't allow Ayrie to ask, slipping his fingers behind a jut of stone and pulling it with force. What he expected was plain darkness, denoted by lanterns lighting the path.

"Hoh? And what exactly do you think you're doing?"

The hair on his neck stood on end, and he held Ayrie close to him.

"C...Cecil..."

Edited by Sugar-Free

Kohler watched as imil stepped into the little platform before he sloshed farther in, standing the inky black water rippled around his waist.

Stretching then arching his back he dived gracefully in to the water giving a small mental tug on the water space that imil was on to follow. He felt it give a small pop before it gave and moved after him. Glacing back he watched as the water closed in around imil. Locking him in a tight bubble.

Turning Kohler let his tail straighten out behind him before he splayed open the end using it as a propeller. He slide through the water gracefully and quickly swinging his tail side to side in powerful strokes.

It didnt take long thought for the inky black of the water to clear up and turn crystal blue. It was the way he liked his home, clean. He only traveled to areas that were filthy to collect things he need or because he was bord.

Swimming at the bottom of the lake the change from the murky mud and filth turning into shimmering stones of pale blues and whites caught his attention. They reminded his of the colors of his father's palace which was mildly comforting and distracting at the same time.

He sighed though as he glanced back at imil. He didnt have a lot of time as the air in the bubble wouldn't last long. Looking up into the surrounding area of water he paused inspecting every nook and cranny until he seen what he was looking for.

Spotting a little ways away the dark jaws of a cave he took of in the direction, slowing to a creep as he worked him and imil through their sharp teeth. Grinning to himself he was Satisfied he hadnt cut himself, pushing off the floor he swam up until his head broke the surface. Placing his feet back down he was meet with the familiar feeling of sand bursting up through his clawed feet.

Grabbing ahold of the ledge he hosted himself up before turning and pulling the platform and imil to the surface. Offering a hand with a smile kohler lifted imil up beside him letting him have a couple of minutes to catch his breath. Smiling again he patted him on the back before turning and leaving, he assumed imil would follow him.

"Sorry about that, I've been told that it's not a very comfortable mode of transportation." Giving a moment of silence he though on something before brushing it off with a gesture of his hands.

"Anyways, I'll show you to your room and then the rest of the place. Although it isnt that big it can be a little confusing. Once i'm done I'm going for a bath to wash the gunk of that river off then im off to the kitchen to eat and i guess you can do whatever." Turning he started to walk away before another thought poped into his head.

"Also don't break anything. I dont have a lot but what I do have is important. And if you have any questions you'll have to ask me as the staff woman and creatures can't speak your language."

With that he set off down a long sweeping tunnel. Looking up the ceiling was high and the walls bear, little light fixtures on the wall every 10 feet or so was the only thing that graced them with a presence. There was just enough that there was constant light but not enough to see everything it gave the place a cool amd damp feeling.

Coming to the end it opened into a large room that sported some furniture. A small couch or love seat was set in a corner with a end table that had a lantern on it and some books piled on top. Off in another corner was a large table that had some neat scrolls and writting equipment. Otherwise the room was bare and devoid of life.

Two other tunnels lead out one going to the living areas and another to a kitchen and dining. Both were equally lit and had a beaded curtain over them.

Taking the left he wanted in to the kitchen which was really just a small room that held some shelves and boxed on the counters, and small table of to the side for eatting. A woman was standing at one counter mashing something in a bowl. She had short crème colored hair and pale green eyes. Her skin was pale as if she didnt see the sun much.

"Prynhawn Miranda, beth sydd i ginio heno." walking up behind her she turned at his sudden voice smiling brightly.

"stwnsh tatws a chranc gyda ochr o gragen fylchog a ffa melys syr. she bowed as she gave a soft reply.

Satisfied with the answer he Inclined his head in dismissal before he turned away and left back the way he had com. Coming back at the main room he took the other tunnel on the right. Down the tunnel every room was covered by a colorful curtain of beads. Each was made from something different, some were white from bones while others shimmered from the remains of clam shells. Pointing to the first door and skipping to across the hall he named what they were.

"The first on the right is a study second is my room third is the spare" at this point he turned his head and gave imil a pointed look.

" And there is another door that connects the two, I'll find a set of beads for it so you can have some privacy. It was once a room for a friend. Now its vacant and yours"

Turning he walked down the hall and pointed to the ones on the left naming them off at he went until he got to the end.

"So on the left is another storage, then the helpers room, dont worry it goes back really far for there privacy, next is the baths. The room at the end leads into a under water tunnel to the sea. You should have no need for that."giving a sigh he rolled his shoulders.

Well now that that's over I'm going to bath" Looking imil in the face he considered if he should leave him alone.

"If you choose to bathe just leave your clothes on the floor Miranda will wash them when we leave." kohler ducked behind the beaded curtain that lead to the baths and stopped, he waited to see if imil would come or not.

After a second he continued into the room. There was a large pool in the floor that held crystal clear water. Off to the side a smaller one sat that had steam raising from it. And asross from that was a tunnel that lead out somewhere. On the other side was a tall pit with ash and coal in the bottom of it. A couple of lights hung around giving the room a soft glow. Shimming out of his clothing he let them fall to the floor before stepping into the water.

It was cool but not cold, the way he liked it. The warmer pool was for the servents that needed it. As he was aquatic by nature from the sea he was used to the coolness and preferred it. With a relieved sigh he sank up to his waist as he sat he leaned back against a wall for a minute before searching for his soaps along the side. His favorite being one of honey and camomile.

"So theres not a lot to do. If you follow that tunnel there or any I didn't list off they lead deeper into the caves and some outside. If you go exploring and get lost I will not come looking for you." Kohler waved off handedly to the exit and half scream it to imil. He hadnt been paying much attention so he wasnt sure if imil had followed him in.

Edited by Acornia

---------ayrie-------

Confusion swarmed his scences as lukas stepped closer to him.

"C...Cecil..." lukas voice was laced with ....fear and it made Ayrie's hair stand on end.

Side stepping around lukas he put himself between lukas and the man that had caused such a emotion to play in lukas.

Ayrie started up at him a low growl excaping his throat. The man just laughed.

"Tsk....tsk....tsk.. I would have thought you knew better. I had higher hopes for you lukas." A odd look passed over his features. He was tall with skin tanned from days in the sun ayrie had assumed.

As he shook his head of dark short hair he flicked his wrist at something behind them. Ayrie felt lukas's presence physical being pulled away from his side. As the suble warmth left fear and anger welled up in him.

Who was this man that had such control over lukas. But that would have to wait. Spinning around he grabbed at lukas's hand as he was pulled away by another person. This one held lulas tight with hatred playing across his face as he forcefully retched lukas's arm up to high.

Ayrie should have heard him but his mind was blank as he moved foward with lightning speed.

"Let him go you sack of censorkip.gif." ayrie reached out to grab lukas and sink claws intothe arms holding lukas captive.

But he never got the chance when a blinding pain shot through his head. Dropping to his knees with a heavy thud he glanced up at lukas and smiled trying to relieve the fear and dread in him and lukas.

"Lukas" was all he got out before another blow blacked him out completely.

-------

"So we're going to take you both out and give a public beating. Nothing to serious to you maybe more so for him. Besides some customers like scars as long as they dont mark up the face." With that Cecil waved his hand and lukas was dragged up the steps and through the brothel.

Cecil walked away from ayrie as another came and gragged him out.

Coming outside Cecil smiled sweetly at lukas hiding his anger while ayrie came to.

-----

Feeling the hard ground under him amd the bites from stones eatting at his flesh as he layed on the ground. He felt nauseous and fought the vomit wanting to excape his stomach. He could feel bruising and a couple of cuts bleeding a little adding to the pain in his head.

"So lukas ill let you choose. Only one of you will have to take the beating if you pick. If you stay silent both of you will." Ayrie cracked his eyes open only to shut them quickly as the light from the sun hurt his eyes.

"Lukas" he mummbled out. His voice didnt want to work and his brain didnt want to process anything to say.

Laying there he let everything seep in and calm alittle. As long as he didnt move it didnt hurt as bad. In his soul all he wanted to do was curl up amd sleep but his body wouldnt slow that.

He jumped when a light touch came to his chin lifting it to the sun sending a bought of vomit hurtling from his stomach. Turning to the side he let it out on the ground before he was jerked to his feet again.

"Dont hit him from the chest up. Hes still valuable. Both are." Ayrie cracked his eyes open to see the man he has come to know as Cecil infront of Lukas.

"So lukas what's your answer, what will hurt you more." He whispered up with venom dripping from his words.

"No, no... I didn't mean it like that, Tetsuna. Elves are a rather peaceful species, preferring to avoid conflict if possible. However, we do have a strong sense for justice and... vengeance. But you guys, you seem as perfectly fine people to me. And... a plan? I'm curious, what for?"

---

As Khayran had told Sydith he'd rather not talk about it, she ran away into the forest, seemingly... insulted? Didn't she say it would be alright if he didn't want to talk about it? Was this normal behavior for elementals?

Either way, he felt like he had to make up for it, so he ran after Sydith through the forest, not caring where they'd end up. He had to admit he was somewhat curious where she'd run to as well.

Sydith walked through the woods silently letting her mind wander and cooling her temper. It was unlikely that a elemental should ever "feel" emotions but they could act. But was she had felt had been really. If she had a heart it would have hurt from a small sence of mistrust and betrayal. Even though it was uncommon it was not unheard of though if you knew the right person or if you read the right books.

But she knew of a place, it was a little out of the way, that had always calmed her soul if she had one. It would just take a little bit of a long walk to get there but a walk she was willing to take.

Snap

Looking behind her she spotted clumsy movement of khayran trying to keep up. Even though she still felt mad she slowed her pace to let him catch up. If he wanted to come along she wouldnt stop him but she didnt really want to talk either.

Keeping a eye on him amd one in front of her she came to a stop waiting for him to catch up. Once he was beside her she staryed again. After about 2 hours she came to a small cove.

The water was a crystal clear with pale stones in the bottom of the cove bed. Trees surrounded and offered protection from intruders and a cliff like structure offered refuge for a storm. Sydith recalled her stay her a couple of years back and laugh. It had been more like 150. She had to admit it was beautiful but it did not hold the beauty and life it once did.

"Take it in, this is probably the first time a mortal has set foot here in a long long time." Walking to the edge of the water she turned into a human sinking in. The water rippled and glowed with a unnatural light.

"There used to be other plants and animal that thrived on the magic here, but as it had disappeared so have they. Imagine Flowers in shades of brilliant pinks and purples and blues. Little shinning ghost like beings and animals who loved to dance along the shore and trees they are all gone. Fruits with unique property's and just.........so much life." Sydith recounted this thoughts like memory's of a different time. With sad eyes she turned to look at khayran for the first time since they had left the trail.

As he followed Sydith into the cave, he was amazed by what he saw. He thought he had already found all of the most beautiful spots, but he couldn't have been more wrong. This place was far more beautiful than anything he had ever seen before. As he realized that Sydith allowed him to be here, even though he hadn't even wanted to talk about his past to her. Somewhere, this made him feel guilty.

As Sydith sank into the lake, Khayran sat down on the waterside. "I'm sorry, for earlier today. I felt something was wrong. I felt I was... more vulnerable. And something, or someone, was taking advantage of that. I heard a voice in my head, a voice that I... vaguely recognized. It knew my darkest secrets. It was trying to... pull me back. Back to the dark. The more I thought about it, the more dominant it got. I just had to cut it off right there, not just for my own safety, but for that of my family, Tetsuna, Fierana and the entire forest as well. But the voice is gone, at least for now, so ask what you want."

No matter how he looked at it, he was relieved he could finally talk about it now.

What was that?

...!

Was that... but that would mean...

"Does this cave have any protective enchantments?"

She listened as khayran recanted his thoughts from earlier. It seemed so simple she didnt under stand. He made scence but then again she could understand as she's never been in that position before.

"Does this cave have any protective enchantments?"

Sydith thought for a moment looking into the water.

"Yes and no, why?"

She walked backnto khayran and looked down at him as if she could see through him.

"You could take some water with you, but it is not the water that makes this place special. "

Giving a sigh she walked away back to the edge and peered down.

"So what now, the magic is drying up and soon most of us will be gone. It may take 100 years but it will happen."

Tetsuna looked at the elven man and sat back on the couch. "I am sorry but i have become rather defensive from wandering so long. I seem fine to most people until they figure out what i am and both humans and other creatures seem awed or afraid, i know there are not many hell hounds left but im not that scary. The plan is to try and find a way to stop the senseless violence and look for peace again."