FoxintheBox4

Add Copper type to View page

There is nothing wrong with my vision, but I still have so many difficulties telling Rainbow Copper hatchlings and female adults apart from Liver of Sulfur Copper's... I can't even imagine how much people with glasses struggle with them...

I always have to go check on Dragon cave Wiki at least 3 times to be sure what type of Copper I have from those two and when I want to breed them... It's not like Encyclopedia is a help with names...

So I came here to suggest the simple add of Copper's type to the Viewing page -> Breed maybe similar like Xenos have in brackets ~

user posted image

So~

Copper Dragon (Rainbow)

Copper Dragon (Liver of Sulfur)

Copper Dragon (Verdigris)

If this option is not available due Encyclopedia codes - separate them into their own entries and make it possible?

This small add would be really useful for everyone I think... Thoughts?

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I don't have issues telling Red and Brown Coppers apart but I've seen quite a few posts in the trading/gifting threads by people who do so I support this idea.

Support!

I have no real trouble, but... Support. smile.gif

Though I think this came up at some point in the past and there was some encyclopedia coding thing why it couldn't happen? Don't remember....

Cheers!

C4.

Support!

I have no real trouble, but... Support. smile.gif

Though I think this came up at some point in the past and there was some encyclopedia coding thing why it couldn't happen? Don't remember....

Cheers!

C4.

Maybe because they're all in one Encyclopedia entry not separate... That could be it... But I do hope the types of Coppers get added in some way because the struggle is real... Especially in spiral prize lines ninja.gif

I personally wouldn't mind if there were 3 Encyclopedia entries for each type even though they have the same sprites unsure.gif

It's a different story with Gemshards because their colors differentiate enough to tell them apart but I can't say the same for Liver of Sulfur and Rainbow Coppers sleep.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I do have vision problems, but it's really more of a similarity issue. The two colors.. i.e. red copper and brown copper.. are so close in shade, that I can only tell them apart when they are side by side. If I'm only looking at one of them, I have to see what biome they were caught in... but that only works with caveborns, so if it's bred, I have to really work at it to see which is which.

So yes, I fully support adding the exact color type to the Dragon's view page. The Encyclopedia entry gives their colors as green blue, deep brownish and rainbow.. the Wiki gives their colors as Rainbow, Liver of Sulpher and Verdigris on the Dragon types chart.. and as Brown, tarnished copper (Liver of Sulfur), Red, normal copper (Rainbow), and Green, oxidised copper (Verdigris) on the idividual breed page. Personally I prefer red, brown and green, and that's how I would perfer the colors get added to the Dragon view pages.

Breed: Copper Dragon (Red)

Breed: Copper Dragon (Brown)

Breed: Copper Dragon (Green)

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

One thing though.

Xenowyrms have separate encyclopedia pages from each other because they have radically different looks, behaviors, and habitats despite being the same breed of dragons. So, it makes sense to denote what kind of Xenowyrm they are.

Coppers, however, share a encyclopedia page and have vary similar behaviors and physiology. They only look different because copper tarnishes and rusts differently depending on the environment. So, it makes sense why they wouldn't be distinguished on the main view page.

That said, it doesn't hurt anyone to add extra names to the coppers to help the visually impaired. So, I support it.

I wouldn't use Xenos as an example though. They are too different from coppers.

I'd like similar name differentiation for other closely colored alts as well, like Solstices.

The two colors.. i.e. red copper and brown copper.. are so close in shade, that I can only tell them apart when they are side by side. If I'm only looking at one of them, I have to see what biome they were caught in... but that only works with caveborns, so if it's bred, I have to really work at it to see which is which.

Exactly what I was trying to say sad.gif

One thing though.

Xenowyrms have separate encyclopedia pages from each other because they have radically different looks, behaviors, and habitats despite being the same breed of dragons. So, it makes sense to denote what kind of Xenowyrm they are.

Coppers, however, share a encyclopedia page and have vary similar behaviors and physiology. They only look different because copper tarnishes and rusts differently depending on the environment. So, it makes sense why they wouldn't be distinguished on the main view page.

That said, it doesn't hurt anyone  to add extra names to the coppers to help the visually impaired. So, I support it.

I wouldn't use Xenos as an example though. They are too different from coppers.

I'd like similar name differentiation for other closely colored alts as well, like Solstices.

I'm completely aware of all that and by no means did I try to compare Copper's personalities to Xenos ~ I just wanted to present the best solution of how to add the Type to the View page smile.gif

I only brought up the Encyclopedia because of cyradis4's post about coding being a problem in the past~ unsure.gif

I can tell the difference just fine. But it seems like a small thing, and if it is I support. But it seems like it might be something that just plain doesn't work with the way the site is currently coded, which means it might be a lot of work to make this small thing work.

(and how well you distinguish colors is completely unrelated to if you need glasses or not)

I'm not opposed to something like this if it will help people tell their Coppers apart. However, if something is added please use their official color names: Rainbow, Verdigris and Liver of Sulfur. (Official as in: that's how I submitted them and designed them.)

And for those who are struggling, in the meantime look at the lady's near arm and the gentleman's tail end (where the tail spikes are). Do they look blue or blue green? Then that one is a Rainbow Copper. The Liver of Sulfur don't have the blue green patina. Those two areas are particularly evident on the sprites.

Liver of Sulfur: user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image

Rainbow: user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image

Verdigris: user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image --> user posted image & user posted image

For comparison!

I can see why people would confuse the Livers with the Rainbows. I guess the green portions would be your cues.

+1 support for this. I also can't tell the difference unless they're next to each other.

Just for the record... I use the pale green St Pat's Day skin and the green on the Rainbow/Reds kind of just fades into the background. I can see it if I really look for it, but unless i'm thinking about it, I don't really even see the green, it looks like just another highlight. So I'd really, really, really prefer it, if the color types were added to the view pages.

The breed name listed there is exactly the same name that's on the encyclopedia page. Coppers don't have separate encyclopedia pages (and I don't think they should), so I don't really see this happening.