Polar

Extraterrestrial

"Ah, good. I was worried you wouldn't like it." Liv said, obviously relieved. She grinned. "That sounds pretty good. You'll find out pretty quick that I have quite the sweet tooth." She leaned back into the couch, occasionally popping another M&M in her mouth as she fed Kiri. "You're a fast eater." She commented, impressed. "You should have mentioned you were hungry, I could have told my Mom and she would have brought you something sooner." She told him. "You're the guest here, all you have to do is ask. My mom would be happy to oblige, she loves guests. We don't get that many out here, us living way out in the country and all." Curling her legs to her chest, she surveyed him with curious silver eyes. "Hey, can you tell me more about your planet?" She gave him her best puppy-dog eyes, which she had perfected after years of being the youngest and only daughter. "Please?"

((If things look familiar, I copied it from your post xd.png))

"Hmmm, my home planet is the largest of our three. It's called Rasabol, and the palace is situated on a hill in our largest city. That's where the Prince lives. I live on a cliff near the palace in a home carved into the rock. Rasabol is about two times as large as Earth, while our second planet, Farice, is roughly the same size as Earth. Rasabol is largely a business planet, while Farice is the farm planet. Our third, Kerkrin which is a little smaller than Earth, deals largely with the making of ships and such - lots of factories. Our technology is advanced far beyond yours, but we still have ... an old fashioned feel to the home. " He explained a darker red tint dusting his cheeks, it was barely noticeable and he was glad for it. There was something about those silver eyes that seemed to entrap him. He couldn't look away.

"My mother came from a planet called Ryü-kär (ryu car). So, my blood is a dragün, but I am a resident of Rasabol. And, as for the eating, it's practice. Fourteen members in one family, you have to eat quick otherwise your meal is swiped."

((Well, if it makes things easier xd.png ))

"Wow, three planets?" She echoed after his explanation, which she had listened to with rapt attention. "That's really cool, the King and Prince must have a lot to deal with." She said, popping the last few M&Ms in her mouth. "Well, almost everywhere can have an old-fashioned feel, even if the technology is super advanced. My family is just lucky we can get wifi all the way out here." She told him with a laugh. "I guess there are many more inhabited planets than we humans thought." Liv said with a shrug. "Personally, I thought it was possible but didn't really think about it much, at least not until I met you." She chuckled. "I gotcha. The boys used to steal from each other's plates all the time, but they got in trouble if they stole from me or my parents." She explained.

Jase walked in as she was speaking. "Better not be getting too cozy with my sister, Maklar." He said teasingly. "I was just going to ask if you wanted to play capture the flag with us sometime later this week. I'll invite over Zeke -" Liv made a face "- and then we'd have an even number of people." Jase turned to his sister. "I still don't get what you have against Zeke."

Liv shrugged. "He's creepy! Besides, he doesn't know when to stop. Anyway," She cast her silver eyes onto Maklar, "it's whenever he feels well enough to play, but I think it sounds like fun. As long as you keep Zeke on your team."

"Yeah, alright." Jase agreed. "What do you say, Maklar? Up to a game of capture the flag later this week?"

"This game sounds like a fun one. I should be on my feet tomorrow, as long as I don't get wet again. Cold water puts out the fire, if it is warm it is fine. " He explained.

He reached down and got his bag and pulled out a tin popping it open and handing her a bit of a hard purple candy. He then took one, but it in half and let kiri eat it. "What do you mean "too cozy?" He asked her brother clearly confused. "I am not familiar with the term.."

"Awesome!" Liv cheered. "Dibs on Maklar!" She exclaimed with a grin, nudging him lightly with her elbow. "We'll be unstoppable!" Taking the candy she popped it in her mouth before brightening. "Oh, this is really good!"

"Dangit." Jase sighed, ruffling his hair with his hand. "Should have known... and Liv, haven't you learned not to take candy from... but he's not a stranger... but he's also not from this planet." Jase scratched the back of his head. "There really aren't any rules for this." At Maklar's question, Jase looked quite speechless, opening and closing his mouth as Liv snorted before laughing. Hard. "You can explain Liv. I'll uh, see you later Maklar." Jase mumbled hurriedly before running upstairs, obviously having some similar traits as Liv.

Liv took a deep breath, eyes sparkling with amusement. "I'm sorry for laughing, it's just... you looked so confused. 'Don't get too cozy' is basically his way of saying that you better not be flirting with me or what not. Classic thing for him to say." She rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't think anything of it, if I were you. He's always like this. Don't understand why he won't pound some sense into Zeke through... if he keeps on trying to 'get us together', as he calls it, I'll do it myself." She scowled. "Hate that guy." She muttered to herself.

"Flirting?" He asked. "Humans are indeed strange people. " He muttered and looked at kiri licking the sweet candy from his fingers. "I highly recommend you don't chew, it hardens and can break even a Dragon's teeth. "

He looked at her concerned. "Why do you hate this man?"

Liv laughed. "I'd have to agree with you there, Mak." She said. "Don't worry, I was sucking on it - I've learned before not to chew hard candy. It hurts." She grimaced slightly. "Well, we grew up together, since he was Jase's best friend and all, and he's had a crush on me forever and won't leave me alone. Trying to get me alone, using lame pickup lines, asking me out... he does it every time." She scowled. "He almost kissed me once, until I socked him in the jaw with a wicked right hook. It just convinced him that I was playing 'hard to get' and hasn't let up on me since. He so much as touches me and I'll make him rue the day he was ever born." She growled, clenching her fists before relaxing back into the couch. "But it's not your problem - I can deal with it, I have for a long time. Jackson and Jared have tried to make him quit but without Jase's support he keeps pestering me every time he comes around - which is around once a week, since Jase swings by every weekend to hunt for deer or turkey and Zeke just has to tag along. The first time Jase went hunting with him was the last time I went hunting with Jase." She gave a slight snort. "You know I had to hide inside a log for a half hour to get away from him that day? He even sat on it and didn't think that I might be inside, the idiot." She shook her head. "Anyway, it's not important. Jack himself has said I have a mean right hook, and growing up with three brothers made it certain that I could take care of myself."

"Such forward actions is frowned upon on my planet. Women are treasured, for there's very few of them. Most live in the palace as guards and are safe from others wishing to steal them away from their life partners. " He said softly rubbing kiri as she finished the little silver of the candy.

"Man or woman though, we were all trained to fight. I'm glad you do know how to fight, that means you are a strong woman who can stand you ground. From what I have learned from human history, it wasn't always like that yes?"

"Yeah, well, it's not like that here." Liv said with a slight shrug. "Unfortunately men here on Earth like to take advantage - or at least try to take advantage, anyways - of women; it's an absolutely disgusting thing to do, but there's not much that can be done." She shook her head. "It happens all the time, sadly." She gazed at him curiously. "You're all trained to fight? That's pretty awesome. I'm not exactly trained to fight, but I can pack my punches and having three brothers certainly helps in learning exactly how to defend myself and stay out of trouble." She told him. "Yeah, women didn't always know how to fight. For a while it was up to the men and the women were just homemakers and babymakers. It didn't really change for women until the 60s or 70s, I think."

Their conversation was cut short by Liv's mother, who walked into the room. "Alright you two, time to wrap up the conversation. Liv, you need to eat and then go to bed. Maklar needs his rest, and from the looks of it he's already eaten, so I won't worry about that."

"Yes Mom." Liv sighed. "We can continue talking about this tomorrow, I guess." She told him with a shrug. "Is my food in the kitchen?"

"Yes it is." Her mother responded before turning to Maklar. "Now I suggest you get some rest, you won't get any better by staying up late."She said in a slightly scolding tone before following her daughter in the kitchen. "You know dear, despite the fact that I don't approve of you hanging with him alone in the woods, you couldn't have picked a hotter candidate."

"Mom!" Liv explained, her face flushing bright red. "You can't just... why would you..."

"I'm just married honey, not dead." Her mom said, laughing. "By the way, the boys heard the conversation between you guys and Jason and are quite excited for tomorrow."

"I'm sure." Liv said dryly, still red as she warmed up her food. "Thanks for dinner, Mom."

"Not a problem, dear." Her mom said, patting her shoulder before going to join her dad in the dining room again.

((We can skip to morning now, if you want.))

Maklar nodded trying not to smile. A mother was a mother no matter what species they were. He laid down and curled up into a cocoon again with kiri tucked away under his neck.

((Sure.))

The next morning, Maklar was up and had neatly folded and cleaned up the couch and was in the kitchen trying to help her mother with breakfast. "Please ma'am, I know I am a guest, but I would like to help out while I am here, as a thank you for your kindness. It would be rude of me to not assist in some way. " He said softly with his head lowered in a bow. He had combed and braided his hair so it looked like a rope of fire down to below his shoulders, and his eyes were no longer completely dull, but not as bright as intense as they were before, he still had some ways to stoke up his fire to the intensity it used to be, but there was a tiny flame now and he seemed to be moving better then before m

Liv stumbled downstairs the next morning in one of Jackson's shirts and short bedtime shorts, her black hair pulled up into a messy bun. "Mom, I think I'm gonna..." She was cut off by a yawn before continuing her sentence as she entered the kitchen. "Take Mal to the -"She stopped midsentence as she remembered that Maklar was staying here, and that she was in pajamas and looked like death. "Ah, don't look!" She squealed, blushing madly as she ran back upstairs to change. She ended up in a tank top and shorts that cut off mid-thigh, and her hair had been pulled into a ponytail. She had put on a little makeup so that she didn't look too tired but still looked slightly asleep as she stumbled into the kitchen. "Ah, sorry 'bout that. I totally forgot you were here." She apologized. "Not much of a morning person, ya' know?" She asked rhetorically before groaning. "Mom, you didn't have to make anything fancy, I doubt Maklar is too picky, though he does like spicy things."

"Oh, Liv, I like cooking! I never get a chance to cook for guests anymore." Liv's mother said with a smile. "Maklar, you really don't have to help, but if you insist perhaps you could set the table. Liv, show him where everything is."

"Course." Liv responded, yawning again. "Dad here?"

"No, he had to go to work early today." She said. "Your brothers and Zeke will be along later. Look, I know you hate him but at least try to be civil, okay?"

"Okay." Liv said with a sigh, pulling out three plates, knives, forks, and cups. She balanced them all precariously before passing the plates to Maklar. "We'll just be eating in the dining room. With Dad and my brothers gone it will just be the three of us." She told him. "What time will the boys be here?" She called.

"Oh, I don't know, ten-ish maybe? It's eight now, in case you were wondering." Her mother responded. "You all will play in the woods though, so it shouldn't be incredibly hot. Still though, I'd wear a sports bra if I were you."

"Mom!" Liv explained, putting the stuff on the table, facepalming before running into the kitchen. "Don't say that stuff, we have a guest!" She hissed, embarrassed.

((Fun fact: My mom said this to me once >>)) "Don't be embarrassed about being a girl, Liv, because you are and that's life." Her mother scolded gently. "Besides, Maklar is quite the gentleman, I highly doubt he'll even mention it."

"If you say so." Liv grumbled, trudging back into the dining room. "That never happened. Mention it and I punch you." She threatened the dragun. It was almost comical, the short girl threatening him but it was obvious that she would do exactly what she said. "Okay, forks on the right knives on the left... I think. I'm not sure. Cups go on the right of the plate, I know that. Do you have any idea how to set a table? In case you couldn't already tell we're not exactly sophisticated like your family."

((While I'm thinking about it, when should I poke at Zahar again?))

Edited by polaristar

Maklar had taken the plates and had set up the table so the table setting looked like they belonged in a five star restaurant.

He blinked and tilted his head. "Mention what?" He glanced at his silver wrist band again. "I'm surprised my mother hasn't contacted me by now or the Prince. I'm sure he's bound to call me at some point. And my mother. She's always worried about one of her kids. " He said softly. "Thank you very much for letting me stay here ma'am." He said again to her mother.

He had indeed heard the conversation, but like her mother said, he was a fine gentleman and what is said between ladies should stay between ladies. "Could you explain this game? I get the capture the flag part, we play get the pennet. Only... it's meant to be for dragons and I don't think that's how you humans play it..."

((After this interaction then we can skip to the fourth.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Do you mean the capture the flag part or breakfast? I think it'd be kinda fun to write the ctf part but that's just me personally... I had a plot device for it but it's unnecessary so really just whatever you want to do.))

"Wow, you did a good job." Liv complimented him warmly before grinning and patting him on the arm as she moved to her seat. "Good, you're learning." She nodded. "Ah, I'm sure everything is fine. If she hasn't contacted she will soon, I'm sure. The Prince is probably pretty busy, I'd say."

Liv's mom gave him a warm smile. "You're quite welcome, dear. Liv never has friends over, it's a welcome change, I must say."

Liv rolled her eyes. "Mom, it's not that I don't have friends, it's just there's no one I'm actually close enough to invite. Ah capture the flag. One of our favorite games, we play it all the time. Yeah, it's probably a bit different since we're humans and all, but it's the same general concept. Both teams hide their flags in their territory, and usually there is one guard while the rest of the team goes to try and get the other team's flag. In our rules if you get tagged you have to go all the way back to your territory before you can start again, mainly because we use a lot of playing space and there's not enough people to play captives with. Once someone gets the flag they run back to the territory, and the first person to bring the flag back to their territory wins. Pretty simple, really." She explained, taking a bit of pancake. "How different is your version?"

((Capture the flag part. I want to play that out.. smile.gif ))

"Let's see" he sat down and started to eat. "We each have a territory, sometimes we work in pairs or teams, but mostly it one against another. We each had a banner and can hide it wherever, even on a rival's territory. We can set traps, breath fire, use our powers or resources against each other. There's only three rules. No killing each other, no maiming the wings or tail, and no bites or scratches deep enough to scar. In the end, the one who has all the flags wins."

He took another bite, and swallowed before speaking again. "It sometimes last for months. At team play, we build fortresses and try to burn or bust it down. It's strategy helps us become great leaders. I have remained the champion 37 times the remaining six where team efforts. Those I played against my mom and dad... and we lost... miserably."

"Wow... that's intense." Liv said, noticing her mom wasn't completely sure how to respond to this information. "The longest a game has ever gone on for us is three hours. It was at Jackson's eighteenth birthday party and we did girls versus boys. It was six on eight but girls still won. I got the flag and Jack's girlfriend saved ours." She shrugged. "The other girls were mostly useless except for as bait." She leaned back in her chair after taking another bite. "Wow, 37 times? That takes effort. Good job." She shrugged again. "Yeah, well, if you don't lose you can't learn. That's how life goes."

"Our games may not be that long but my brothers and I are really competitive. I'd say an hour a game, considering how much ground there is to cover. I have a map showing all the best flag places on each territory, since we use the same territories every time. I can show it to you before the guys get here - I'm very proud of it. Besides, you should have at least some idea of the lay of the land before we start, since it's easy to get lost on our property if you don't know where you're going."

((Okay, great! biggrin.gif Zeke will be causing some trouble...))

Edited by polaristar

"Go right ahead and show me. And I've told you, it is impossible for me to get lost. As for my version of the game, it's more or less about survival. Mother is the ref, and out territories are huge swaths of land. We are capable of flying at great speeds and distances. Finding a tiny banner takes time. The shortest game was a week. "

He finished his plate. "But considering I am new, I'll be the flag guard. Trust me, I have eyes sharper then a hawk, and ears more sensitive then a dog's. You'll want me guarding."

((I'm looking forward to the trouble!))

"Guard it is. Hopefully I can snag Jack, he's a really good runner." Liv laughed slightly. "To be honest, I'm not sure how much I'd want to play your version." She admitted with a grin, quickly finishing her food before carrying her plate and to the sink and washing them off before placing them in the dishwasher. "C'mon. I hid it under my bed when I was younger so that they couldn't get ahold of it. She jogged up the stairs and led him to her room, which was relatively clean other than a dress draped over a chair by her desk. There was a large map of Middle Earth hung above her bed and a Doctor Who calendar hung beside her door. She crouched down and pulled out a folded piece of paper and unfolded it, placing on her neatly made bed. "Alright, the big rectangle shows the whole place that we play. There are markers along the edge so we don't run out. The line in the middle shows the boundary line. Now, I've circled the best hiding places on both sides-" She pointed out several circles on both sides "-and the ones that have X's inside are the ones that my brothers use the most often." She then pointed out several curving lines on both sides of the map. "These are the best paths to get where you need to go - this one is the easiest and most concealed way to get to the other territory. The others are the best ways to get to the different flag places." She shrugged. "That's basically all there is to know, feel free to look at it as much as you like until the guys get here."

Liv herself was looking at it intently for several minutes - long enough, at least, that when there was car door slams from outside she started slightly, startled. "Didn't expect that. I'll have to put this away before Jason barges in and finds it - he'd call me a cheater when it's really just years of research." She grinned, folding it up once again. "Let's do this, huh?" She asked, offering her fist for him to bump. "Oh, and if you find any reason to punch Zeke, please do. I'd love to see his face."

He did the same with his plate and followed her to her room. "The Prince read the book with this map in it. The hobbit, I believe it was called. It was interesting. " He said looking at the ceiling. He glanced at the map she had, nodded and let her out it away. He had a photographic memory after all.

When she held out her fists to bump it, he looked confused at first, this action only happening between men in his family. After a moment hesitation he lightly bumped her fist with his. "Right. But I guess I can't break his jaw though... that happened in training and I hit a little to hard...." He rubbed his neck. "I still don't have my adult strength yet, but it comes in spurts. "

"Oh, really?" Liv asked curiously. "Yeah, the books are really good. I have a nice box set." She sensed his hesitance but didn't bother asking about his confusion about fist bumping - there were a lot of things he did differently than she and perhaps this was one of them. "Yeah, don't break his jaw, just... bruise it a bit." She grinned. "Eh, you'll get there in time. How long to y'all live anyways?" Her question was forgotten, however, when Jack yelled "Livvy!" and tackled her with a hug. "Jack!" She squawked. "You just saw me yesterday!"

"Feelin' the love, sis!" Jackson laughed, releasing her and slapping Maklar on the back in greeting. "Hey man, good to see you again. Glad that you're back on your feet." He stepped back, revealing Jase, Zeke, and Jared, the last of which was giving Zeke hostile looks.

"Hey Jair, Jase..." She scowled. "Zeke."

"Babe." The man drawled lazily.

Liv hissed, looking like she was about to attack him. "Call me that again. I dare you."

"Aw come on babe, don't be such a downer." The brunet said with a grin, obviously believing that the fiery-tempered girl. Jackson had to physically hold her back to prevent violence.

"Liv, try to control yourself!" Jack said, struggling to hold her back despite her small size. "He's not worth it, Livvy." She calmed slightly. "He's not worth it."

"Say that to her again, Ezekiel. I dare you." Jared scowled, crossing his arms. Jason looked uncomfortable, torn between protecting his sister or keeping his friend.

"Let's just play." Liv ground out, crossing her arms and giving Zeke a hostile gaze. "I've already called dibs on Maklar. Who's the other team captain?"

"Me." Jase said instantly. "I'll take Zeke." He obviously wanted to avoid any more tension between Liv and his best friend.

"I'll take Jack. Now let's play." She said quickly. "Flags are in the garage."

Jase and his team went outside, followed by Jack and Liv. "Game on, guys. Like I said, Mak, feel free to punch him if you get the chance."

Jackson sighed. "Honestly, Liv, you really shouldn't act so violent. It'll get you into trouble someday."

"I'm not violent around everyone else." She defended. "I'm just violent around him."

Maklar looked stoic. Tall and broad and three hundred pounds of pure muscle. The shirt didn't hide the fact he was tensing up. When they walked out of her room, collected the flags and where heading to the spot to place the flag before answering her question. "One thousand five hundred and eighty six years is the longest. " He said.

He took up his place in front of the flag and stood there relaxed and stoic again.

((This is going to be pretty long since Maklar is on guard duty and Liv has to get the flag.))

Liv whistled lowly. "That's a long time. Alright guys, game plan." She glanced at the flag, which was hidden in the hollow of a tree. "Maklar, you're the guard, just try to stay out of sight as to not give them the exact location of the flag. Of course it can't be completely hidden but it's quite out of sight right now - you'd really have to look." She nibbled on her thumbnail, thinking. "Jackson, if you could distract attention I can slip into their territory. They probably have Jared on guard duty, so bear that in mind. Another thing - the flag has to be delivered to the guard in order for our team to win. This seem clear enough?"

Jackson nodded. "Yep. They might suspect a distraction, take the long way around. It'll take longer but you won't be seen as easily." She nodded as Jackson's phone rang. "Here's the call. Once I answer it's go time." He picked it up. "Good luck." He said briefly before hanging up. "Alright. Let's do this."

Jackson disappeared off into the trees. Liv cracked her knuckles. "All right. Good luck, Mak. Whatever you do, make sure they don't get the flag. Try not to break any bones though." She teased. "If you tag them while they have the flag, they have to return it and then go back to their territory. You'll want to hide it somewhere else after that. Assuming they don't play dirty, they'll have to find it again." She checked her watch. "And I'm off. See you in a bit!" With a grin and a playful wink, she was gone."

Liv moved quietly and quickly through the forest that was alive with sound. It was almost five minutes before she reached their border, close to the outside of the territories. She crouched behind a large bush, leaning out to make sure no one was around. Seeing that the coast was clear, she crossed over to Jared's territory, moving deeper in and towards the first likely place. She thought she heard shouts in the distance and knew that Jack's ploy had worked. The first place was a bust - it was quiet and deserted. She moved on to the second spot, narrowly avoiding Jason who was returning to his territory. She pressed her back to the tree, crouching down low to avoid detection. After some hesitation he moved on, and she followed him from a close distance. Jase was leading her straight to the flag - this was much easier than she had intended. She slipped behind a tree as he glanced back before moving on. It wasn't long before Liv heard voices.

"Jackson's back on his territory, and there's no sign of Liv or Maklar. There's not telling where either of them are." Jase told Jared.

"You know how Liv is. She could be anywhere. My money is on Maklar being the flag guard. Zeke still gone?"

"Yeah. I haven't seen him. I'm going to go back out now." Jase said before she heard his shoes on leaves once again. Once she was sure he had gone, Liv worked her way slowly towards where she had heard Jared, who was currently leaned against a tree, surveying the surrounding area. Liv said the bright orange of the flag hanging in the tree above him, and nibbled her lip as she tried to figure out the best way to handle it. Turns out she didn't have to, however, as Jackson appeared through the trees at that moment, drawing Jared towards him and away from her. Sprinting as quickly and quietly as possible, Liv grabbed the flag before running headlong back into the woods, moving towards a familiar path that only she knew. She had the border in sight when she head a shout and heard brush moving behind her.

Moving faster and breathing quickly, Liv burst over the border and continued running towards Maklar who was no doubt waiting in probable boredom for one of them to return. "I've - got - you - now!" She heard a familiar voice from behind her say. She didn't hesitate in diving out of the way, not looking back when there was rapid-fire cursing from behind her. 'Almost there!' She chanted to herself. She was tackled to the ground moments later, struggling against Zeke as he panted above her, holding her in place. "Gotcha. Now give me the flag."

"That's not how this works. We're on my territory you no good -" She was cut off by her face being shoved roughly into the dirt. Spitting it out, she managed to swing a sloppy punch at his face.

"Babe, I'm getting tired of being disrespected." Zeke panted, looking angry. "Now if you know what's good for you you'll stop fighting me."

"Knowing what's good for me is why I'm fighting, you ba-" He drove an elbow into her stomach, knocking the wind out of her lungs. "Let me go!" She snarled, surging against him.

He growled. "Never."

Liv was thankful for her quick thinking and the fact that she had a dragun for a friend, and smirked. "I'd like to see what your answer will be in a minute. MAKLAR!"

Edited by polaristar

Maklar was up in a tree watching the flag he would jump down and tag people easily before hiding in a different place above another path. He had jumped down to talk to Jack and went back up again getting a different area.

Then he smelled it. The stench of a dominant male. Then liv's voice sounded in his ears. He didn't know exactly what made him angry, just that he was furious. How dare this pathetic human touch her!

He sprang from the tree and hit the ground, springing up again, running on all fours. His lips where curled, showing thirty eight teeth, having two extra pairs behind the first set of canines, growing in length, and two sets on his bottom jaw the same way. His eyes where thin and stilted, a red ring growing around his reptilian pupils and the color changing to a molten gold lava.

In a flash he was there and yanked the man off of her and threw him into some bushes near by. "Hands off her! You touch her again and I'll show you a living nightmare......." He snarled coldly eyes intense and piercing. He stood with his arms back chest out and head held high. "Liv.. are you alright?" He glanced at her.

It didn't take Maklar long to react to her call. He arrive at the scene, utterly furious, and Zeke was yanked off of Liv easily and sent crashing into the bushes. Liv relaxed, panting, but slightly grinning in relief. Pulling herself to her feet, she grabbed Maklar's arm before he killed the guy. Because as much as Liv would like him to, she knew it wasn't right. "Mak, leave him be. I'm fine now. Besides, look!" She held up the bright orange flag, grinning. "I got the flag!" Liv wasn't going to lie - beneath faux confidence she had been terrified, and didn't want to know what would have happened if Maklar hadn't been there. And the fact that he was so angry about Zeke pushing her around was flattering - it made her stomach flutter in a nice sort of way and it didn't help that Maklar had taken a very dominant stance.

Meanwhile, Zeke had just regained his breath after being knocked harshly into the bushes. "What's wrong with you, man? I was just having a bit of fun, I wouldn't have hurt her, I was just knocking her around. You know how women can be, right man?"

Liv winced. That was definitely the wrong thing to say in front of a dragun who was already literally shaking with anger. She tightened her grip on his arm though she doubt it would do much good if he were to attack Zeke. Her brothers ran onto the scene at that moment - Jackson had heard the commotion and had called Jared and Jason.

"What's going on?" Jackson asked, staring between the three of them with a concerned expression. "What did that spineless SOB do to you, Liv?"

"Roughed me up a bit," Liv said, wiping dirt off her face, "but I'm okay."

Her brothers exchanged looks. Jared gave Zeke a murderous glare. "I don't care if he's your best friend or not, Jason, he's dead. Maklar, I'll help you hide the body."

Jason shook his head. "He's not my best friend anymore. I tried to overlook it before, but Zeke, if you want to leave intact you will never speak to or even come near my sister again."

"It's about time you saw the light." Liv grumbled with a slight smile. "Oh, and by the way Jason..." She held up the flag. "We won."

"Dangit."

He chuckled deeply. "What body? I'll burn his flesh and bones to ash and scatter him in the four winds." He lightly removed her hands from his arm and stalked over to Zeke. He had a very wicked grin on his face. "Do I? Where I'm from your belly would have been slashed open by the very woman you were assaulting. " He grabbed his neck, lifted him up and pinned his nearly seven feet off the ground against a tree trunk.

"Let me make it clear you pathetic little ant! If I catch a word of you near liv... there is no place on this planet you can hide from me." He dropped him. "Oh yes, I almost forgot..." He gave the guy a nasty looking south paw. "That is for being vulgar before with liv and this-" he socked him hard in the groin. "Is because I hate you. Have fun being a woman for a while.."He patted his shoulder hard then walked over to Olivia and wrapped his arms around her lightly. "You're shaking, and I can smell your fear..... it's okay... I'm right here I'll protect you."He muttered in her ear very softly so her brothers wouldn't know she was scared.

"You know..." Jared said conversationally, none of them making a move to stop Maklar, "I'm beginning to like you more and more, dude." He said with a smirk. Liv had a full-blown grin on her face, the immense pain on Zeke's face obviously giving her much joy. She tossed Jackson the flag, which he caught with a grin and stowed I'm his pocket. Of her brothers, Jackson was the one who knew Liv best, and he didn't comment, not even when Maklar embraced her in a not-completely-platonic gesture.

Liv let out an enormous breath that she hadn't realized she'd been holding, leaning into his embrace slightly. "Yeah, I know." She responded quietly. Her brothers were yanking Zeke to his feet and shoving him back towards the house - they either didn't notice or didn't comment on her and Maklar. "Thank you." She whispered, pressing her face into his chest before stepping back. She was mostly calm now - she was good at being calm in the face of danger, though she was sure it would truly sink in later. She lifted her shirt slightly to see an angry red patch on her torso and scowled. "Aw, it's gonna bruise." Liv poked at it gently and winced. "Ow! That smarts!"

"Come on, Zeke." Jared said harshly, shoving a groaning Zeke. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this. Wait until I get my cuffs and bring you in for attempted assault." He snarled.

"Jared's a police officer." Liv told Maklar. "He just graduated from the academy, and has been waiting to do this for years."

"More like planning." Jared responded. "But I've got a good enough reason right here. Sexual harassment and attempted assault, there ya go."

Liv just grinned but made no move to disagree, lagging back so she was beside Maklar and away from her worry wart brothers - it was touching that they cared, but it could get a bit stifling at times. "I really can't thank you enough for that, Mak. Perks of having a dragün friend, am I right?" She said with a grin, leaning her head against his arm as they walked.