Clya

Cancer Awareness Day Breeding Event

I think this type of two-headed would be considered purple enough. Unless it's just my computer screen making them look purple. Not the green/grey kind in her lineage, but just her kind. I have a lot of these two-headed dragons I could breed.

For me the females in that lineage are grey with a hint of purple and the others are green. So for me they are grey and not enough purple.

A Duotone like him is purple for me (on one half the other half is red.) But the egg is mostly red... dry.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

It's a little early, but the purple breeding seems to have worked! The AP is currently flooded with a ton of Purple Ridgewings and Purple Dorsals. Yay! I just bed a bunch of Magelights, so hopefully they'll be there around the 4th and my mass stripe breeding won't cover it up.

For those who haven't bred already... (though not sure if anyone has and the purple ap was just a coincidence). I think we decided that it would be best to breed them on the 4th, as they should hit the ap (with it at it's current time) just before V-Day breeding. Or if we think it's too close, we can keep breeding at various times... not sure where everyone is at with breeding for this xd.png

@cirruspuss --> Of course it's okay! I understand that people want privacy, and it's best for people to name them in the best memory of the person they are honoring (if that makes sense)

Edit:

It is the 4th so sososososo sorry! To many dates and it's confusing me >w<

Edited by Clya

@Clya, thanks for the clarification smile.gif

and good job on the updated info, thanks, glad i checked back as I was all geared up to breed on the 4th, I'll happily hang on till the 5th instead...as long as they'll still get picked up ok...it wont be too close to valentines will it? wub.gif

@Clya, thanks for the clarification smile.gif

and good job on the updated info, thanks, glad i checked back as I was all geared up to breed on the 4th, I'll happily hang on till the 5th instead...as long as they'll still get picked up ok...it wont be too close to valentines will it? wub.gif

Whoops sorry! It is the 4th... typo... sorry.

Just to clarify for everyone.... IT IS THE 4TH I CAN'T TYPE OR BRAIN TODAY xd.png

I think they will be fine, if not we can try to breed them on the 3rd smile.gif

I'll start breeding in about 3.5 hours, then it'll be the 4th in Australia laugh.gif

That's completely fine everyone who asked above!

I think that's a better idea, if we breed them today, or very early tomorrow smile.gif

Or if we stagger it, doesn't matter to me, this was my own experiment in a way, and with it being close to Valentines It's even more so xd.png

Oooh oooh ooh!

Nebbies! We forgot them! While the offspring can't reliably be the color purple, the eggs sure have purple on them! Plus they would be really pretty to see in the ap with all the other purple eggs ^.^

About to breed all my candles to the ap, can't wait to see it purple and lit up!

Just bred my first Magelight pair because for me it is already the 4th (02:07 am).

Going to breed all the others also.

Starting at Feb 03, 2016, 08:06 pm cave time my pairs produced ten eggs out of 11 pairs and no refursals and for most pairs it was the first breeding. All of them are purebreds.

Maglight Pygmies 2 (once no egg was produced)

Purple Ridgewings 2 (both eggs are purple)

Horses 1

Purples 2

Purple Dorsals 2 (both eggs are purple)

Duotones 1

Edited by Tigerkralle

It's the 4th here, so I'm gonna get started on my little contribution right away! Just for fun, I bred my sole CB Magelight last evening and it bred true. smile.gif

Edit: Just sent two Purples, one Horse and one Purple Ridgie to the AP. It's not much, but it's something.

Edit 2: My Dorsal pairing came off CD an hour ago, so I sent a Purple Dorsal of theirs to the AP.

Edited by obelisk_light

It isn't quite the 4th for me yet (only 7:00ish here) but since I have a lot of Ridgewing and Magelight dragons to go through, I'm working on breeding my Dorsals, Horses, and Purples tonight since I don't have as many, and then I'll breed the rest tomorrow. :) Edit: Aaannndd finished for now~ Will continue in the morning. ^-^ (RIP my poor Action Log.. XD)

Just a heads up that some of mine are likely to be messy, for those who are concerned about that, so I don't mind if people decide to use them for freezing fodder.

Edited by Denwayasha

Bred my magelights early in the morning for me (4th of feb here but I suppose that's afternoon of the 3rd for dc...?) and breeding my other dragons now (noontime 4th of feb, and near to the 4th of feb on dc time)

I purpled a lot last night (almost 1000 Dorsals, Ridgewings, Horses, Purples) ... Action log? I think I rolled through it several times with breeding and naming successful parents. If you see eggs with "Pony Pop" or "Purple Pop" parents, those were probably mine xd.png I actually bred some of my many Purples with blue and purple Nebbies, so there will also be a few Nebbie eggs from me there. Also, GW Horsekins blink.gif I didn't breed any of my few messies though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

better late than never...i just got on dc now, almost 12 lunch time on the 4th here in the uk. going to start breeding my few now biggrin.gif

omg ruby eyes...1000 eggs???? ohmy.gifblink.gif wow I bow to your greatness! laugh.gif

Magelights away. Now let me see what else I can breed.

better late than never...i just got on dc now, almost 12 lunch time on the 4th here in the uk. going to start breeding my few now biggrin.gif

omg ruby eyes...1000 eggs???? ohmy.gif  blink.gif wow I bow to your greatness! laugh.gif

Nope, adult dragons. I didn't count the resulting eggs, but I think I got about 400ish? Got a surprisingly low amount of refusals and lacks of interest, and once or twice just no egg.

I apologize to everyone for overfilling the AP in about 3 days ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

lol even 1000 adults is more than I'd care to attempt! laugh.gif

finished mine now, way too many refusals sad.gif i literally only got one candle egg sad.gif and lots of the ridgewings that did deign to breed decided to turn tan sad.gif but theres a few more purples in there smile.gif

I've added in a few nebulas to add to the fun, i have loads of those! laugh.gif

and what about adding pinks to it for breast cancer in particular? I added a couple of nice lineage ones... rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Interestingly, breast cancer was never an issue within my family. It did catch 2 colleagues though, one of which survived, the other one had to give up ...

Either way, meet the family:

Ruth die Legende, my grandmother maternal side. Died in the 60's from ovarian cancer, as far as I know.

Moni die Dornige is her older daughter. Survived ovarian cancer - twice.

Einfach Mama, Ruth's younger daughter and my mother. Also survived ovarian cancer - twice.

Rudi der Fromme, my grandfather paternal side, had cancer somewhere in his reproduction section (whatever it's called), died in the 00's. He was a very religious guy; he somehow managed to refuse to fight in WW2 and still survived (not an easy feat for a German soldier!) - until cancer got him.

Hilmar der Sanfte, his son-in-law and my uncle, died from a very aggressive version of blood cancer within a few months. My aunt turned a little crazy after his death; he was the love of her life and a very gentle and friendly guy.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Done with my Magelights now, and oddly enough they gave me the most refusals, considering they're the most recent breed we're using. Onto the Ridgies and then I have to make myself keep my slots open so I'm totally free when the eggs from this wonderful event hit the AP. ^-^ Edit: Bred all of my Ridgewings~ :3 I actually ran out of males toward the end but I tried to keep it purple so there's a few Sunset and Nhiostrife eggs mixed in. c:

I apologize to everyone for overfilling the AP in about 3 days ...

I didn't breed quite as many adults as you did, Ruby, but uh... yeah my dragons were quite obliging so I apologize if the ones I bred end up making a wall just by themselves. unsure.gif

Edited by Denwayasha

I will consider breeding a pair of my pinks. I went through having to deal with a family member having cancer and most recently a scare of her having it back. Believe me, I am aware.