Clya

Cancer Awareness Day Breeding Event

I caught a cb magelight for someone who is part of this project, but they managed to catch one for themselves while the egg was on cooldown. I considered abandoning, but then it occured to me that someone else might appreciate an (additonal) egg for this project, so I am offering it here.

Free cb magelight egg Enjoy, Fiona!

Edited by Laura-Lana

Thanks, Laura. I nabbed the magelight. I didn't strictly need since I have quite a few but I always have room for magelights.

I will be participating in this.

My mother is an ovarian cancer survivor(sort of, it's complicated) and my brother has had a stage four melanoma. He was exceedingly lucky it never spread, but he still has a massive scar from the need to check for the spread. I have also had an uncle and and aunt(both blood related) have melanomas, though not as seriously as my brother's.

As soon as she grows up I can breed someone an EG Purple Thuwed if they're interested. I can also breed many 2nd gen PB Magelights and Ridgewings for someone who wants a purple colored baby for the event.

I support any and all breeding events and you can certainly count me in! So many Cancers have impacted so many people, and so may strides have been made, and still so much left to go! This is a great idea.

I'd love to join this. I've lost a distant relative to cancer. I don't have any Magelights yet, but I will be nabbing some CB ones from the AP in a day or two.

I Would Like a Reminder!

PM Link: Here

Other Notes? I'll breed my horses, Purples and Purple Ridgies to the AP on that day.

I've got everyone down who wants me to PM them a reminder, I won't forget you! tongue.gif

I've got 4/7 needed Magelights, though 13 Magelights would be ideal. I'm probably going to grab all my survivor magelights on the 4th though. Haven't decided yet.

I'm so glad to see so many people supporting this!

I'll participate in this. :) It's for a very worthy cause and has two of my favorite breeds~

Thankfully I've never lost anybody human to this disease (though we did have to put one of our cats down several years ago due to kitty leukemia.), but before I was born my paternal grandfather survived lymphoma and I believe prostate cancer, and then when I was around two my dad was diagnosed with and survived lymphoma as well.

If anyone needs Magelights (or even any of the other breeds) I will happily breed some for you. :D

I'll support this worthy cause, could you please send me a PM reminder (PM link)?

I will be participating in this event as well. Last year my Grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer, it was a really dark time for the whole family. Watching someone so strong and inspirational just... crumble because of an ilness is truly terrifying. But I believe she will conquer it and be happy and safe once again.

Now I need to get myself a Magelight wink.gif

Definitely love to be counted in here please, what a lovely idea! (I'm sure everyone has seen, but just FYI there's a pink hope thread in breeding that is for anyone affected by breast cancer too, link in my signature)

I have a few magelights, but will be looking for a couple more. I have lost a few family members to the hated big C, and my uncle is fighting prostrate cancer now.

I'll also be looking forward to seeing the purple AP!

Stay strong everyone, and sending much love out there to you all wub.gif

Edit, just checked and I have (as long as no refusals) two CB breeding pairs, if anyone wants a 2gen PB for this please feel free to ask biggrin.gif

Edited by cirruspuss

I will not name my Magelight afer beloved ones. Privacy of my family and i don't want to use a name of a famous person for that.

Hopefully it is okay, that i just light up candles anonymously.

As for Purple things on my scroll:

Yes, i will breed them! Hopefully the Dorsals will be Purple ones and also the Ridgewings will not be Tan ones.

I will not name my Magelight afer beloved ones. Privacy of my family and i don't want to use a name of a famous person for that.

I'm not using real names of my relatives either, so I think it should be okay.

Hah, I won't give mine any reallife names either - just what I (used to) call them or what they mean to me, plus a suffix, e.g. something like "Opa CAD" (exact suffix still to be decided)

You can name them however you want, you don't even have to if you don't want too.

I'm naming mine based on what I called them, or just their first name.

And I put the option of a famous person out there because I know lots of people have looked up to actors and famous people who have suffered from this cruel disease.

So you name your magelights however you want, or not at all if you would prefer smile.gif

Hah, I won't give mine any reallife names either - just what I (used to) call them or what they mean to me, plus a suffix, e.g. something like "Opa CAD" (exact suffix still to be decided)

I do that too. Instead of their real names, I use what they liked to be called. My grandma liked to be called Faye, even though her real name was something really terrible. Well, back in her day it was a common female name, but now...you couldn't pay me to name my child Faye's real name. laugh.gif

If anyone wants a child from Faye, I can breed her to a Dorsal or Ridgewing for a guaranteed purple. She's a 3rd gen Thuwed Purple. Hopefully I can get more people into purples that way, like Thuwed collectors. Sadly, her last egg, a double Thuwed, turned out to be a Turpentine.

My nana liked to be called Jo so that's what I'm using, and the others have/had very common first names, so I don't think it's an issue.

Breeding will begin on the 4th, so only 5(?) days! If anyone else has any other cancer awareness related lineages, you could breed a few of those to the ap, but I thinks that keeping it purple and full of candles would be best biggrin.gif

My brother has a ton of magelight eggs and hatchlings on his scroll right now, and he's cool with giving some up if anyone needs them smile.gif

I only have two female and two male Magelights and i never mate them with other Magelights or have tried to breed them at all. Hopefully they don't refuse. There was not enough time for testing pairs...

I like to adopt another pair third time lucky. wink.gif I like to adopt a female and a male hatchling.

With three pairs there should be one egg for me from Magelights.

There we go, finally decided on a name for my new magelight c: It seems I'm just a silent supporter, yet again, but at least I'm happy with it. In any case, count me in on the breeding event .3. But I'm curious, ought we include sunsong amphipteres? They have a good shade of purple on them.

I like purple

There we go, finally decided on a name for my new magelight c: It seems I'm just a silent supporter, yet again, but at least I'm happy with it. In any case, count me in on the breeding event .3. But I'm curious, ought we include sunsong amphipteres? They have a good shade of purple on them.

I like purple

If you think they are purple enough, then I don't mind if they are bred. Only thing deterring me from them was yellow... But if you think it would work we could try it

Up to you guys, honestly what I put there was just the ones I could think of from the top of my head, so if anyone thinks that there are some purple eggs out there I missed feel free to include them or ask here smile.gif