Melomancer

Pokémon Island

(( Ooh! This sounds like fun! May I join? :) RPing as myself because why not? :3 ))

Character name: Kenzie

Appearance: About 5'5", average weight, with long brown hair that she always wears tied back into a ponytail, she has brown eyes and wears a pair of purple glasses. She generally wears clothes that are casual and comfortable, her favorite outfit is a light purple T-shirt with an Espeon silhouette printed on it, complete with tiny red rhinestones for its forehead gem, light blue jeans, and floral print canvas slip-on shoes. She also wears a necklace with a plastic replica Sceptilite, a gift from her younger brother whose first Pokemon was a Treeko.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, though friendly around most people, she can be surprisingly animated and talkative when she's around people she's familiar with. The reason she became a Trainer later than most (at 16 instead of the usual 10) is because she loves books and learning so she wanted to finish her schooling first, and even now doesn't battle competitively, just small matches for fun with her friends. After her own schooling was finished, she traveled for a year or so, and when she returned she got a job at her local Pokemon School assisting the teachers there.

Partner Pokemon: Female Sandshrew, level 32, nickamed Agate

Other: Her own first Pokemon was a Piplup she recieved on her 16th birthday, which she nicknamed Breezie. They're very close and he's since fully evolved into an Empoleon. However the last thing she can recall is leaving him and her other Pokemon behind to work with Agate alone to "bring her out of her shell", since the little Mouse Pokemon is quite timid and particularly fearful of other Pokemon (especially big metal penguins with horns lol). This is due to her previous Trainer who tried to "toughen her up" by forcing their stronger Pokemon to attack all at once, and then proceeded to abandon her anyway in the city park. Kenzie found her there, and with the help of a Pokemon Center nursed the Sandshrew back to health, though even Nurse Joy wasn't sure why the Sandshrew hadn't evolved yet, despite being well past the required level.

(( Wow that came out longer than I meant it to, sorry. XD ))

((Accepted! I'll get to writing a starter for you in a moment.))

The warm light shining through the canopy would slowly rouse Kenzie from her sleep. The clearing is covered in soft grass. Around the clearing would be damp patches of soil. Some patches of soil would feel strikingly cold. Near one end, there would be a small pit in the ground, about 1 metre deep. It seemed as though a short battle took place here recently. The salty sea breeze could be smelt from here.

Kenzie:

Health: 100/100

Hunger: 56/100

Thirst: 62/100

Edited by Melomancer

A soft, warm sensation on her skin caused Kenzie to awaken from sleep and open her eyes to a sky with.. brown clouds? Blinking away the last traces of dreamland she instead realized that the lenses of her glasses were spotted with dust and dirt. What in the..? Where am I? she wondered, sitting up only to end up resting her head between her knees as the sudden motion caused an intense dizzy feeling as she also felt something tug at her shoulder.

Taking deep, calming breaths, each one carrying with it the briny tang of seawater, the vertigo started to subside as Kenzie started to notice just how thirsty and hungry she was. She figured out that the tug she'd felt had been the result of her trying to sit up while her small woven bag was pinned under her arm. Dusting herself off as best she could, Kenzie unzipped it hopefully, but the contents (her ID badge from work, a pen, the key to her apartment, and a nearly-empty tube of Oran Berry-infused lip balm) weren't promising, aside from a single Pokeball.

With a gasp she pressed the button on the Pokeball and a stream of red light shot out. Oh I hope nothing's happened to her, Kenzie thought, just when we were making some progress. The red beam materialized into the form of the Pokemon within, a Sandshrew who promptly let out a cry and curled into a defensive position.

Rushing over to her Pokemon, Kenzie knelt down, murmuring soothing words as she tried to calm her frightened partner. "Shh.. Shh.. Agate, sweetie, it's all right. There isn't anything to be scared of." She said that last bit to herself as well, glancing around. Aside from the grass and some patches of soil, the only other thing of note in the clearing was what appeared to be a pit along with signs of a recent battle.

Deciding to stay well clear of that, with some more sweet talk she managed to coax Agate to get up, the two of them walking away as the Pokemon kept quite close to its Trainer's side, heading deeper into the trees and farther from the scent of the ocean in search of fresh water.

A soft, warm sensation on her skin caused Kenzie to awaken from sleep and open her eyes to a sky with.. brown clouds? Blinking away the last traces of dreamland she instead realized that the lenses of her glasses were spotted with dust and dirt. What in the..? Where am I? she wondered, sitting up only to end up resting her head between her knees as the sudden motion caused an intense dizzy feeling as she also felt something tug at her shoulder.

Taking deep, calming breaths, each one carrying with it the briny tang of seawater, the vertigo started to subside as Kenzie started to notice just how thirsty and hungry she was. She figured out that the tug she'd felt had been the result of her trying to sit up while her small woven bag was pinned under her arm. Dusting herself off as best she could, Kenzie unzipped it hopefully, but the contents (her ID badge from work, a pen, the key to her apartment, and a nearly-empty tube of Oran Berry-infused lip balm) weren't promising, aside from a single Pokeball.

With a gasp she pressed the button on the Pokeball and a stream of red light shot out. Oh I hope nothing's happened to her, Kenzie thought, just when we were making some progress. The red beam materialized into the form of the Pokemon within, a Sandshrew who promptly let out a cry and curled into a defensive position.

Rushing over to her Pokemon, Kenzie knelt down, murmuring soothing words as she tried to calm her frightened partner. "Shh.. Shh.. Agate, sweetie, it's all right. There isn't anything to be scared of." She said that last bit to herself as well, glancing around. Aside from the grass and some patches of soil, the only other thing of note in the clearing was what appeared to be a pit along with signs of a recent battle.

Deciding to stay well clear of that, with some more sweet talk she managed to coax Agate to get up, the two of them walking away as the Pokemon kept quite close to its Trainer's side, heading deeper into the trees and farther from the scent of the ocean in search of fresh water.

The foliage would thicken as they went deeper into the jungle. The surrounding trees didn't seem to have berries on them. Assorted Pokemon cries filled the air as the duo made their way through. The sound of a running stream could be heard as they trekked. As the sounds of the stream became audible, so did the sounds of more Pokemon. By now, the smell of the ocean would be gone, replaced by the earthy scent of the jungle.

Courtney and Yanmega emerged from the foliage with a small bit of caution. She half expected to find the crates ravaged with what wild pokemon she had saw in the denser parts of the island. A Wingull flew quickly away at their approach, leaving Courtney wondering that maybe that bird was in a way guarding the crates. Not that the Wingull could have done much, but it was a thought.

Together the pair worked on removing their work to cover the crates. The larger rocks and boulders were moved again by Yanmega, some of them being dragged due to their weight. Sand was being dug away by Courtney mostly to uncover the juice crate as well as what was left around the larger food crate. The juices still smelled absolutely horrid, so Courtney left them alone. She didn't feel like chancing that again with the ones she already had on her person.

"Yaaannn" Yanmega called, pulling off the back of the larger crate that he had originally opened. A container of preserved food flopped out onto the crate's section, revealing even more of the preserved foods they had found before. "Alright. Let's see how many we can stuff into this eh?" Courtney asked rather cheerfully, setting their makeshift pack down next to the food that had fallen on the crate's panel. They started to carefully put as many of the food packs as they could inside this medium sized pack. Occasionally Courtney lifted it not only to make sure she, or Yanmega who grabbed at it once or twice, could carry the pack, but also to make sure the pack held. So far so well.

((May I join in?

Character name: Rae

Appearance: Here 6'1"

Personality: Rp'ed

Partner pokemon: Rapidash, 44, female, nicknamed "Libra"

Other: Would like to be a breeder.

))

Bruce sat by the fire, it was slowly reaching a good size.

Feraligatr had curled up close to him, keeping an eye on their surroundings in case something showed up to take their food.

Bruce stood and chucked a few green leaves on the fire, causing a plume of smoke to billow out. Cautiously with his walking stick Bruce reached up and stabbed the arm of the roasting kingler, plucking it off the body.

Bruce gave it a quick sniff, and poked it, it seemed to be cooked through. Bruce peeled off the plating around the arm and cautiously took a bite.

Leaving the sun-lit clearing behind, the leafy canopy and its shadows thickened as Kenzie and Agate made their way through the trees in search of water and food. They heard the calls of many Pokemon, the louder sounds causing the timid Sandshrew to shrink even closer to her Trainer, though the two had yet to come across any wild Pokemon.

Almost lost among the cries was a different sound, and Kenzie turned her head to listen. "That sounds like a stream!" she exclaimed, hurrying in that direction and feeling grateful that things seemed to be looking up. Her Pokemon called out nervously and she looked back. "I know you don't like water but I won't let you get wet, alright?" She attempted a reassuring smile and Agate soon followed behind, though reluctantly.

Picking the worst of the twigs and leaves out of her ponytail, she searched along the way for any signs of berries or other fruits, but the plants all seemed to be bare. Hm.. Maybe there'll be something to eat growing closer to the water source? Kenzie wondered hopefully, her hunger and thirst becoming more apparent. The pair slowed their pace as the sounds of wild Pokemon grew in volume, wary of an unexpected encounter.

(( Oh wow I'm dense. XD Was the pit in the clearing the same one that had the Weepinbell in it that Bruce and his Feraligatr fought? I meant to reply sooner but my brother and I recently restarted our Diamond and Pearl versions and I uh.. got really really into it. :3 ))

((May I join in?

Character name: Rae

Appearance: Here 6'1"

Personality: Rp'ed

Partner pokemon: Rapidash, 44, female, nicknamed "Libra"

Other: Would like to be a breeder.

))

((Sure! Welcome to the RP biggrin.gif ))

Rae wakes up on the beach, his Pokéball next to him. He's not very hungry, but is ridiculously thirsty. Luckily, there's a bottle of lemonade next to him. He has no memory of how he got to the island. The jungle looms behind him, and ahead of h-WHOA!

Right in front of the young man is a beached Wailmer. It seemed as though it was in a great deal of agony, as it sat there, the hot sun beating down on it.

Rae:

Hunger: 78/100

Thirst: 19/100

Bruce sat by the fire, it was slowly reaching a good size.

Feraligatr had curled up close to him, keeping an eye on their surroundings in case something showed up to take their food.

Bruce stood and chucked a few green leaves on the fire, causing a plume of smoke to billow out. Cautiously with his walking stick Bruce reached up and stabbed the arm of the roasting kingler, plucking it off the body.

Bruce gave it a quick sniff, and poked it, it seemed to be cooked through. Bruce peeled off the plating around the arm and cautiously took a bite.

The surroundings would be fairly quiet. The sound of the waves and cries of Pokémon were present, but nothing out of place. A few Wingulls would land near them every once in a while, but would quickly flee upon seeing the intimidating crocodillian standing guard. The smoke rose up rather high. To anyone else on the beach, it would be visible. It would be much harder to spot in the forest, however.

The Kingler would taste delicious. The soft, delicate and sweet taste seemed out of place on such a fierce and angry Pokémon. Bruces hunger would be satiated for now.

Bruce:

Health: 86/100

Hunger: 42 -> 62 /100

Thirst: 67/100

Courtney and Yanmega emerged from the foliage with a small bit of caution. She half expected to find the crates ravaged with what wild pokemon she had saw in the denser parts of the island. A Wingull flew quickly away at their approach, leaving Courtney wondering that maybe that bird was in a way guarding the crates. Not that the Wingull could have done much, but it was a thought.

Together the pair worked on removing their work to cover the crates. The larger rocks and boulders were moved again by Yanmega, some of them being dragged due to their weight. Sand was being dug away by Courtney mostly to uncover the juice crate as well as what was left around the larger food crate. The juices still smelled absolutely horrid, so Courtney left them alone. She didn't feel like chancing that again with the ones she already had on her person.

"Yaaannn" Yanmega called, pulling off the back of the larger crate that he had originally opened. A container of preserved food flopped out onto the crate's section, revealing even more of the preserved foods they had found before. "Alright. Let's see how many we can stuff into this eh?" Courtney asked rather cheerfully, setting their makeshift pack down next to the food that had fallen on the crate's panel. They started to carefully put as many of the food packs as they could inside this medium sized pack. Occasionally Courtney lifted it not only to make sure she, or Yanmega who grabbed at it once or twice, could carry the pack, but also to make sure the pack held. So far so well.

The 8 packets of drinks they had taken would easily fit into the pack. However, the packaging of the rations wouldn't allow too many to fit inside at once. At most, two could be squeezed in. The pack's strength wouldn't be an issue, and the contents would not weigh as much. They could still hold some, but they might risk dropping it. As they packed the food, a plume of smoke would be visible from their location, rising into the air. It didn't look like the natural smoke of a Fire type Pokémon. It seemed like the kind of smoke a campfire would create. It seemed to be coming from further down the beach.

The duo would hear audible buzzing from the forest. Several Combee would fly out, grinning at the duo with their happy faces. None of them had the red spot on their foreheads that marked out a female. They seemed to be drones looking for food. They happily buzzed their way towards the crate of drinks, stopping a few metres from the duo and circling them. Their naturally joyous faces betrayed no emotion, and it would be hard to determine their intent.

Courtney:

Thirst: 95/100

Leaving the sun-lit clearing behind, the leafy canopy and its shadows thickened as Kenzie and Agate made their way through the trees in search of water and food. They heard the calls of many Pokemon, the louder sounds causing the timid Sandshrew to shrink even closer to her Trainer, though the two had yet to come across any wild Pokemon.

Almost lost among the cries was a different sound, and Kenzie turned her head to listen. "That sounds like a stream!" she exclaimed, hurrying in that direction and feeling grateful that things seemed to be looking up. Her Pokemon called out nervously and she looked back. "I know you don't like water but I won't let you get wet, alright?" She attempted a reassuring smile and Agate soon followed behind, though reluctantly.

Picking the worst of the twigs and leaves out of her ponytail, she searched along the way for any signs of berries or other fruits, but the plants all seemed to be bare. Hm.. Maybe there'll be something to eat growing closer to the water source? Kenzie wondered hopefully, her hunger and thirst becoming more apparent. The pair slowed their pace as the sounds of wild Pokemon grew in volume, wary of an unexpected encounter.

(( Oh wow I'm dense. xd.png Was the pit in the clearing the same one that had the Weepinbell in it that Bruce and his Feraligatr fought? I meant to reply sooner but my brother and I recently restarted our Diamond and Pearl versions and I uh.. got really really into it. :3 ))

((Neat! Gen 4 was the first game in the main series I got into. Turtwig was my Bae. Have fun with it! And yeah, the clearing was the one Bruce fought in.))

Her assumption proved to be correct. As they got closer to the source, many bluish-purple berries were visible on the trees. They were soft and would taste dry, and would be about 10cm in length. The stream would be right ahead of them. The foliage would get less dense around the stream. As they approached, a surskit would be visible on the surface of the water, walking against the current. The berries were all around, and there was no shortage of berries for the duo to snack on. They were too dry to quench their thirst, however. No dangerous Pokémon seemed to be around, and the stream was relatively peaceful.

An Aipom in a tree would stare down at the duo, grinning cheekily. The monkey lifted a berry with its tail, giggling incessantly. It lobbed the berry towards Kenzie.

Kenzie:

Hunger: 56/100

Thirst: 62/100

Agate:

Health: 60/60

Hunger: 95/100

Thirst: 100/100

Sweat pricked at the back of Rae's neck as he sat on the steadily baking beach. His throat burned and his cheeks felt hot, like he was experiencing a childhood fever for the first time. He shook his head, grains of sand flying out of his thick crimson hair in a shower. The long braid creating a line down his back and on to the beach floor felt much too heavy, and he picked it up, bringing it to the front of his body where the rest of his loose locks hung. He sighed, standing up and grabbing the lemonade and Pokeball beside him.

His long and lanky body took its dear time getting used to the new position, and he tugged at his shirt lightly, flicking more sand off. Then he finally turned his attention to the Wailmer before him. He held his hands out and approached slowly, showing he meant no harm. Once close enough, he rested a hand gently on the overheated Pokemon, uncapping the lemonade. He took one sip before pouring the rest into its open mouth. Rae would have felt better had it been water, but there weren't really a whole lot of options to deal with.

Bottle now empty, Rae tossed it to the side and looked the Wailmer in the eye. He was close enough to the shore that maybe... He placed both hands on the Pokemon's side and pushed, his heels digging into the sand. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get much traction, and ended up falling against the Wailmer's prone body. Not one to be swayed, Rae dug the sand at his feet until he met with wetness and resistance. With a platform now sturdy enough to get some force behind him, Rae tried again. The average person could push around 150 pounds, and he assumed he could do about the same. However, this Wailmer was probably more like 250 pounds. He wouldn't be able to get it in the water without some help.

Panting, Rae straightened out once more and looked at the Wailmer again, sweat dripping from his chin.

"Listen, I know you're not feeling great right now, buddy, but I need your help. I can't push you back in the water by myself, so I'd really appreciate it if you could loan me your strength for just a second. I promise, I will get you back to where you belong." Hoping that the Pokemon before him understood what he wanted, Rae nodded and got back to work, this time counting out loud for the push.

"Alright, you ready? One... Two... Three... Push!" The boy grit his teeth and used all of his body strength, pushing against the Wailmer's side viciously. When there was no movement for a moment, Rae was about to give up. But then the almost hand-like fin beneath the beached water Pokemon came up, and suddenly he was rolling backwards, falling towards the ocean with the momentum of the slight sandy dip. When he hit the water with an enormous splash, Rae smiled widely and fist pumped the air, his dimples showing.

"Woo! Way to go, buddy! You're out!" He beamed at the Pokemon, which looked at him and seemed to smile before swimming away. Rae moved to leave the beach when another splash sounded from the water, and he looked just in time to be completely soaked. Shock froze him for a moment before he dragged his dripping hair out of his face and smiled once more.

"Thanks for the refreshment!" Now no longer dripping in sweat, but seawater, Rae trudged his way back up the beach and looked toward the jungle that now greeted him. There was shade and hopefully somewhere in there he could find some fresh water. The lemonade had helped somewhat, but he was still thirsty.

Regaining his usual calm and neutral appearance, Rae stepped into the jungle, finally beginning to worry about his own situation.

Where am I?

Parting the leaves in front of her, Kenzie surveyed the scene she'd come upon. The stream she'd heard earlier flowed past banks covered with lush foliage and many berry-bearing plants. Her thirst outweighed her hunger, though both were demanding attention, so she turned her attention from the plants to the stream. What she could see of the water looked clean and flowed relatively clear, so she walked closer and eagerly knelt to drink. This movement accidentally startled the Surskit, who skipped across toward the opposite bank.

The water wasn't particularly cool, but it was wet and after drinking several handfuls and even rinsing the dust off of her glasses, Kenzie started to feel better. Well, as "better" as someone could be while lost in the jungle, but it was a start. She turned back and gave a small smile when she saw her Pokemon shyly contemplating the berry she held in her paws, as if deciding whether or not to eat it. "Hey, you've got a good idea, Agate," she said "These aren't quite the same ones that grow at home, but they look pretty good to me."

Plucking one off the nearest shrub, she popped it into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "Tastes good, too, you should try it," she added encouragingly. Satisfied when the Sandshrew started eating, Kenzie picked up a large leaf which she used as a sort of bowl to carry the berries she picked. Once it was filled, the young woman and her Pokemon sat down against the trunk of a tree, wondering about what had happened and how they'd ended up here as they snacked. Fiddling absentmindedly with the charm on her necklace, Kenzie hoped that, somehow, her family knew she was okay.

Kenzie's thoughts were interrupted when something fell from the trees and landed in her lap, startling her out of her reverie with a yelp. Momentarily startled, she looked down and let out a nervous giggle upon finding out it was simply a berry. Glancing up into the tree, she was met with the pleased grin of an Aipom watching from the branches above. "Oh! Hello, there. I don't suppose you're the one who dropped this?" she asked it, holding up the berry. "Thank you, but I have plenty down here, so you can have this one back," she said, offering the fruit to the Pokemon who'd thrown it.

((Yo melo, I'll make a proper post soon, but curious wouldn't a whole kingler (i'm assuming a kingler would come up to around chest height on bruce) satiate a lot more hunger than that? Or has Bruce only eaten parts of it? Or am I just grossly mis-imagining the size of a kingler tongue.gif ))

((Yo melo, I'll make a proper post soon, but curious wouldn't a whole kingler (i'm assuming a kingler would come up to around chest height on bruce) satiate a lot more hunger than that? Or has Bruce only eaten parts of it? Or am I just grossly mis-imagining the size of a kingler tongue.gif ))

((Yeah, you said you only ate the arm. Still plenty of Kingler left to go around. Sorry for not replying in so long, everyone! Been busy. Tomorrow, i'll write a long post. Been busy with assorted stuff.))

Sweat pricked at the back of Rae's neck as he sat on the steadily baking beach. His throat burned and his cheeks felt hot, like he was experiencing a childhood fever for the first time. He shook his head, grains of sand flying out of his thick crimson hair in a shower. The long braid creating a line down his back and on to the beach floor felt much too heavy, and he picked it up, bringing it to the front of his body where the rest of his loose locks hung. He sighed, standing up and grabbing the lemonade and Pokeball beside him.

His long and lanky body took its dear time getting used to the new position, and he tugged at his shirt lightly, flicking more sand off. Then he finally turned his attention to the Wailmer before him. He held his hands out and approached slowly, showing he meant no harm. Once close enough, he rested a hand gently on the overheated Pokemon, uncapping the lemonade. He took one sip before pouring the rest into its open mouth. Rae would have felt better had it been water, but there weren't really a whole lot of options to deal with.

Bottle now empty, Rae tossed it to the side and looked the Wailmer in the eye. He was close enough to the shore that maybe... He placed both hands on the Pokemon's side and pushed, his heels digging into the sand. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get much traction, and ended up falling against the Wailmer's prone body. Not one to be swayed, Rae dug the sand at his feet until he met with wetness and resistance. With a platform now sturdy enough to get some force behind him, Rae tried again. The average person could push around 150 pounds, and he assumed he could do about the same. However, this Wailmer was probably more like 250 pounds. He wouldn't be able to get it in the water without some help.

Panting, Rae straightened out once more and looked at the Wailmer again, sweat dripping from his chin.

"Listen, I know you're not feeling great right now, buddy, but I need your help. I can't push you back in the water by myself, so I'd really appreciate it if you could loan me your strength for just a second. I promise, I will get you back to where you belong." Hoping that the Pokemon before him understood what he wanted, Rae nodded and got back to work, this time counting out loud for the push.

"Alright, you ready? One... Two... Three... Push!" The boy grit his teeth and used all of his body strength, pushing against the Wailmer's side viciously. When there was no movement for a moment, Rae was about to give up. But then the almost hand-like fin beneath the beached water Pokemon came up, and suddenly he was rolling backwards, falling towards the ocean with the momentum of the slight sandy dip. When he hit the water with an enormous splash, Rae smiled widely and fist pumped the air, his dimples showing.

"Woo! Way to go, buddy! You're out!" He beamed at the Pokemon, which looked at him and seemed to smile before swimming away. Rae moved to leave the beach when another splash sounded from the water, and he looked just in time to be completely soaked. Shock froze him for a moment before he dragged his dripping hair out of his face and smiled once more.

"Thanks for the refreshment!" Now no longer dripping in sweat, but seawater, Rae trudged his way back up the beach and looked toward the jungle that now greeted him. There was shade and hopefully somewhere in there he could find some fresh water. The lemonade had helped somewhat, but he was still thirsty.

Regaining his usual calm and neutral appearance, Rae stepped into the jungle, finally beginning to worry about his own situation.

Where am I?

Rae:

Thirst: 19 -> 39/100

From his spot, the smoke rising into the air would be visible. However, from the jungle nearby, a pained, human-like scream would sound out, followed by the sound of crying. The voice seemed to belong to a little girl. The voice would increase in volume, and the sounds of the jungle would be drowned out by it.

Parting the leaves in front of her, Kenzie surveyed the scene she'd come upon. The stream she'd heard earlier flowed past banks covered with lush foliage and many berry-bearing plants. Her thirst outweighed her hunger, though both were demanding attention, so she turned her attention from the plants to the stream. What she could see of the water looked clean and flowed relatively clear, so she walked closer and eagerly knelt to drink. This movement accidentally startled the Surskit, who skipped across toward the opposite bank.

The water wasn't particularly cool, but it was wet and after drinking several handfuls and even rinsing the dust off of her glasses, Kenzie started to feel better. Well, as "better" as someone could be while lost in the jungle, but it was a start. She turned back and gave a small smile when she saw her Pokemon shyly contemplating the berry she held in her paws, as if deciding whether or not to eat it. "Hey, you've got a good idea, Agate," she said "These aren't quite the same ones that grow at home, but they look pretty good to me."

Plucking one off the nearest shrub, she popped it into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "Tastes good, too, you should try it," she added encouragingly. Satisfied when the Sandshrew started eating, Kenzie picked up a large leaf which she used as a sort of bowl to carry the berries she picked. Once it was filled, the young woman and her Pokemon sat down against the trunk of a tree, wondering about what had happened and how they'd ended up here as they snacked. Fiddling absentmindedly with the charm on her necklace, Kenzie hoped that, somehow, her family knew she was okay.

Kenzie's thoughts were interrupted when something fell from the trees and landed in her lap, startling her out of her reverie with a yelp. Momentarily startled, she looked down and let out a nervous giggle upon finding out it was simply a berry. Glancing up into the tree, she was met with the pleased grin of an Aipom watching from the branches above. "Oh! Hello, there. I don't suppose you're the one who dropped this?" she asked it, holding up the berry. "Thank you, but I have plenty down here, so you can have this one back," she said, offering the fruit to the Pokemon who'd thrown it.

Kenzie:

Hunger: 56 -> 86/100

Thirst: 62 -> 92/100

Agate:

Health: 60/60

Hunger: 95 -> 100/100

Thirst: 100/100

The Aimpom would stare at the berry Kenzie was offering, before darting down. It grabbed the berry clumsily in its real hands, before climbing the tree again with its strong tail. The Aipom continued grinning, and tossed the berry into the air. As the fruit descended, it smacked the berry with its tail, sending it flying towards Agate.

((Sorry, been busy with my own rp so I completely forgot about this!))

"Ahh... that hit the spot," Bruce sighed, happily patting his stomach. He looked up and watched as Feraligatr himself bit into the large claw of the Kingler, tearing straight through the plating and into the soft meat underneath.

Bruce stood up, grabbing his board and trodded over to the water, lowering the board onto it he lay down and just gently floated his ankles digging into the sand to prevent the current from pulling him out as he slowly rocked back and forth.

"When we're full maybe we should consider freezing one of those crates and putting the rest of the kingler in there... try and keep it from rotting or getting infected, you think you're ice punch could freeze it if you coat it with some water?" Bruce mildly asked the croc.

Feraligatr just snorted and continued munching on the claw of the kingler, his powerful jaws tearing through it.

"Fair enough," Bruce responded, closing his eyes and just relaxing in the water.

((College keeps me plenty busy, but don't worry I haven't forgotten about this))

Courtney watched the Combee curiously, partially worried that the female usually found with many of these males was nearby. Or worse, a Vespiqueen herself would be nearby. That alone would cause some trouble with their situation. They seemed docile for now, and more occupied with the drinks and Yanmega had flown over to join them while she was distracted by thought.

The large dragonfly was holding one of the drink boxes, unable to really tell if it was a spoiled one or not. He gently held it, hovering and waiting to see if he could get a Combee to possibly take it. Courtney smiled at the thought, hoping silently that none of the bee pokemon would be angry with the gesture. They would gladly share the juices with the wild pokemon.

That got her thinking. As useful as all this food was, they wouldn't be able to use all of it before it too went rancid. Maybe sharing it with other wild pokemon would be a better idea. Make friends wherever they were, as best they could. She took out another box of food, opening it up and walking a slight ways away to set it down. Maybe the Wingull would come back and take some. She couldn't help but wonder about the fire though too. They should investigate that next, and soon if possible.

((Will post later today, sorry for he long wait.))

"Ahh... that hit the spot," Bruce sighed, happily patting his stomach. He looked up and watched as Feraligatr himself bit into the large claw of the Kingler, tearing straight through the plating and into the soft meat underneath.

Bruce stood up, grabbing his board and trodded over to the water, lowering the board onto it he lay down and just gently floated his ankles digging into the sand to prevent the current from pulling him out as he slowly rocked back and forth.

"When we're full maybe we should consider freezing one of those crates and putting the rest of the kingler in there... try and keep it from rotting or getting infected, you think you're ice punch could freeze it if you coat it with some water?" Bruce mildly asked the croc.

Feraligatr just snorted and continued munching on the claw of the kingler, his powerful jaws tearing through it.

"Fair enough," Bruce responded, closing his eyes and just relaxing in the water.

After the duo finished their meal and got to relaxing, they would feel a little better, both physically and mentally. The sun would be beginning to set slowly, and it would seem like it was late in the afternoon. In a few hours it would be dark. Their fire would still be going well, and the weather seemed like it would continue to be sunny.

The method for preserving the meat Bruce mentioned seemed like it would work to a certain extent. Though the Ice likely wouldn't last that long without constant refreezing. Especially in the heat.

Bruce:

Health: 86 ->90 /100

Hunger: 62 /100

Thirst: 67/100

Feraligatr: Level 63

Health: 89 -> 93/100

Hunger: 93/100

Thirst: 96/100

Courtney watched the Combee curiously, partially worried that the female usually found with many of these males was nearby. Or worse, a Vespiqueen herself would be nearby. That alone would cause some trouble with their situation. They seemed docile for now, and more occupied with the drinks and Yanmega had flown over to join them while she was distracted by thought.

The large dragonfly was holding one of the drink boxes, unable to really tell if it was a spoiled one or not. He gently held it, hovering and waiting to see if he could get a Combee to possibly take it. Courtney smiled at the thought, hoping silently that none of the bee pokemon would be angry with the gesture. They would gladly share the juices with the wild pokemon.

That got her thinking. As useful as all this food was, they wouldn't be able to use all of it before it too went rancid. Maybe sharing it with other wild pokemon would be a better idea. Make friends wherever they were, as best they could. She took out another box of food, opening it up and walking a slight ways away to set it down. Maybe the Wingull would come back and take some. She couldn't help but wonder about the fire though too. They should investigate that next, and soon if possible.

A Combee would buzz gratefully, as he took one of the boxes. "Bee! Bee!" It bit open the box, taking a small taste of the juice. Hiss faces instinctively scrunched up, but quickly returned to the previous happy expression. He happily flew a few circles around Yanmega, and flew off into the trees with the box. A few more of them took boxes, while the rest started flying around Courtney and Yanmega. From their faces, it seemed like they were grateful and happy. As expected, several Wingulls flew down to take the newly opened box of food. A Pelliper descended, chasing away a few of them, before starting to take some too.

Edited by Melomancer

(( Oops! I meant to reply sooner, but ended up with a bit of rp-block. :P ))

Kenzie laughed a little at the antics of the Aipom as it climbed back up into the tree. She turned away from the playful wild Pokemon for a moment, glancing around the clearing, trying to determine if there was anything nearby that could be used to make a shelter, since this area seemed like a nice place to set up a camp. There's fresh water nearby and plenty of berries for now. Hmm.. I wonder if-

Her thoughts were cut off by a cry from her Pokemon, and she whirled around just in time to see Agate being pelted by the Aipom throwing another berry with its tail. She quickly stepped between the two and crouched down to calm her Sandshrew. "I'm sure it was only wanting to play, and didn't mean to frighten you," Kenzie said, reaching out and taking one of Agate's paws in her hand. "Is that right?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at the Pokemon up in the branches.

(( Claws? Hands? *shrugs* I dunno what you'd call a Sandshrew's front limb. Hmm. Since I imagine that they can be bipedal but move on all fours if they needed to move faster. Or heck if they needed to get away really fast and their destination is downhill they'd just roll there. ))

(( Off-topic but rereading the thread I decided that the next Kingler I catch is getting the nickname Crabsticks (if the filter will even let me) because XD ))

Character name: Merek

Appearance: Currently Wears a small moon stone on his necklace.

Personality: A survivalist since he was left on the street means he isn't opposed to stealing, lying, and fighting. Though he prefers to get out without fighting if at all possible. This made him a perfect candidate for team rocket to recruit and as his best option at the time he gladly accepted. Unless your goals align with his or you're down on your luck like he use to be, he will not make friends easily. Nido, Nida, and Pokemon and people truly struggling to survive are the only things he shows compassion for.

Partner pokemon: Nidorino 35, Nidorina 35

Other: His last job for TR included infiltrating a fancy high class dinner party so he will still be in his waiter clothes. Items: Pens, paper(possibly wet), moonstone, pocket knife, random small coins or jewelry snatched from guests.

((You said you might make an exception for pairs but if you don't think that's a good idea i'll just change my partner to a butterfree)) ((Also when i say he a survivalist i mean more city survival than a perilous jungle just so i'm not accused of power play tongue.gif.))

Edited by Lightdragon4444

(( Oops! I meant to reply sooner, but ended up with a bit of rp-block. tongue.gif ))

Kenzie laughed a little at the antics of the Aipom as it climbed back up into the tree. She turned away from the playful wild Pokemon for a moment, glancing around the clearing, trying to determine if there was anything nearby that could be used to make a shelter, since this area seemed like a nice place to set up a camp. There's fresh water nearby and plenty of berries for now. Hmm.. I wonder if-

Her thoughts were cut off by a cry from her Pokemon, and she whirled around just in time to see Agate being pelted by the Aipom throwing another berry with its tail. She quickly stepped between the two and crouched down to calm her Sandshrew. "I'm sure it was only wanting to play, and didn't mean to frighten you," Kenzie said, reaching out and taking one of Agate's paws in her hand. "Is that right?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at the Pokemon up in the branches.

(( Claws? Hands? *shrugs* I dunno what you'd call a Sandshrew's front limb. Hmm. Since I imagine that they can be bipedal but move on all fours if they needed to move faster. Or heck if they needed to get away really fast and their destination is downhill they'd just roll there. ))

(( Off-topic but rereading the thread I decided that the next Kingler I catch is getting the nickname Crabsticks (if the filter will even let me) because xd.png ))

((I think there's a 10 character limit, so Crabsticks will fit just fine, luckily for you. Also, sorry for taking so long to reply again ;-wink.gif)

The smile faded, replaced by a rather sad look. The Aipom nodded, before dropping down next to Agate and lowering its purple head in shame. Its tailed moved around behind it, grabbing a berry off the ground. The monkey held it in front of Agate, as though offering it as an apology.

"Pom pom, Aipom."

The monkey stared at its own feet awkwardly, waiting for a reaction.

Character name: Merek

Appearance: Currently Wears a small moon stone on his necklace.

Personality: A survivalist since he was left on the street means he isn't opposed to stealing, lying, and fighting. Though he prefers to get out without fighting if at all possible. This made him a perfect candidate for team rocket to recruit and as his best option at the time he gladly accepted. Unless your goals align with his or you're down on your luck like he use to be, he will not make friends easily. Nido, Nida, and Pokemon and people truly struggling to survive are the only things he shows compassion for.

Partner pokemon: Nidorino 35, Nidorina 35

Other: His last job for TR included infiltrating a fancy high class dinner party so he will still be in his waiter clothes. Items: Pens, paper(possibly wet), moonstone, pocket knife, random small coins or jewelry snatched from guests.

((You said you might make an exception for pairs but if you don't think that's a good idea i'll just change my partner to a butterfree)) ((Also when i say he a survivalist i mean more city survival than a perilous jungle just so i'm not accused of power play tongue.gif.))

((Sounds pretty good! The pair seems fitting, as well as the possession of the moon stone. His gear seems alright too. Welcome to the island!))

Merek wakes up on the beach, in the shade of a palm tree. As he awoke, he'd find that his clothes would be soaked. His belongings would all be slightly damp, but nothing would be ruined apart from the paper. But even that might turn out to be usable if he let it dry in the sun for a bit. He would be slightly hungry, but not really that thirsty. The two Nidos would be in their balls wherever he had stored them. Smoke would be visible rising up from the beach. From the foliage near him, a loud rustling would be audible too.

Merek:

Hunger: 68/100

Thirst: 97/100

Merek awoke to the sound of waves lapping close by. Sitting up with a grown the view amazed and confused him at the same time. "Where the..." he exclaimed before looking down at his clothes. "Crap the best clothes i've ever had and now they're dirty the boss will kill me." Though he didn't have much time to think it over as something was definitely alive behind him. He jumped to his feet getting Nido and Nida from their Pokeballs calling for a line. With in a flash the two appeared throwing down Toxic spikes between them and the rustling. Merek grabbed his knife, and they waited ready for anything to appear.

Merek awoke to the sound of waves lapping close by. Sitting up with a grown the view amazed and confused him at the same time. "Where the..." he exclaimed before looking down at his clothes. "Crap the best clothes i've ever had and now they're dirty the boss will kill me." Though he didn't have much time to think it over as something was definitely alive behind him. He jumped to his feet getting Nido and Nida from their Pokeballs calling for a line. With in a flash the two appeared throwing down Toxic spikes between them and the rustling. Merek grabbed his knife, and they waited ready for anything to appear.

As they did so, a tiny grey Pokemon emerged from the bushes, staring at the trio with its bright purple eyes. The Espurr slowly made its way towards them, curiously staring at the Nidos. As it drew nearer, it trod on a toxic spike, and fell over backwards wailing in pain. The tiny Pokemons crying intensified as the poison took effect.