Melomancer

Pokémon Island

((I'm fine with every move a pokemon can learn up until whatever level they're at))

Courtney woke, slightly startled by the Wingull who had woken her. She instantly sat upright, dizzied by the sudden motion and sat there until the dizziness stopped. Where was she? What had happened?

She looked around, spotting all the odd crates and boxes strewn rather close nearby. Which reminded her, there was no familiar weight of bag on her back. Checking, she got the answer right away. That was gone. Wonderful. But wait! Her pokemon!? No, that was still at her side now that she felt for it. At least her pokemon was here.

The pokeball flew up into the air slightly as Courtney partially threw it. A red beam sprouted out, revealing a flying large dragonfly pokemon in the air. It cried out, landing and stretching before looking at Courtney with a confused look. "You ok?" Courtney asked, also checking to see if she had her pocket knife in her pocket still. At least that was there, even though it wouldn't be terribly much use. It was a multi-tool, so it could at least partially help.

"Yan!" Yanmega announced happily, jumping up and taking the short distance to sit on her head. His favorite spot; even after evolving into a large dragonfly instead of the small manageable one he had been before. "Heh, hey, do you see my bag around anywhere?" Courtney chuckled, wondering if he'd be able to spot it. He shook, meaning no. Oh well.

"Alrighty. Well.... hmm..." She stood up slowly, Yanmega flying and hovering above her so he wouldn't hinder her getting up. She felt slightly hungry now that she was moving. Maybe she should open the crates? Perhaps she would find something useful there.

Yanmega hovered, examining the surroundings as he also kept an eye on his best friend. He was starting to miss Ariados for a moment, but he pushed that away. Courtney needed him at his best- Ariados would want that too. He rose a little bit and did a backflip in the air before hovering over to a slightly larger crate. "Yan?" He asked, seeing Courtney had already started trying to pry open a smaller more beat up crate with a sharp sturdy stick and the small flat-head screwdriver in her multitool. "Uh, sure. Go ahead and try. Just, don't destroy them." She answered with a smile. Yanmega was powerful, and she didn't quite know how strong these crates were.

The dragonfly debated using tackle on the crate, wondering if that would be too much with his size. Sonic Boom would cut right through a lot of these crates, him having used the move for most of his life. Slash then? "Yan, yanmega?" Courtney looked over, seeing a slash prepared. She nodded. "Try it gently. Or at least on the corner section so you don't disturb much inside." She flinched when the lid of her small crate suddenly popped off. "See, we want to be careful- they're unpredictable!" She laughed, moving to a little further away crate so Yanmega didn't have to worry about hurting her.

((I'm fine with every move a pokemon can learn up until whatever level they're at))

Courtney woke, slightly startled by the Wingull who had woken her. She instantly sat upright, dizzied by the sudden motion and sat there until the dizziness stopped. Where was she? What had happened?

She looked around, spotting all the odd crates and boxes strewn rather close nearby. Which reminded her, there was no familiar weight of bag on her back. Checking, she got the answer right away. That was gone. Wonderful. But wait! Her pokemon!? No, that was still at her side now that she felt for it. At least her pokemon was here.

The pokeball flew up into the air slightly as Courtney partially threw it. A red beam sprouted out, revealing a flying large dragonfly pokemon in the air. It cried out, landing and stretching before looking at Courtney with a confused look. "You ok?" Courtney asked, also checking to see if she had her pocket knife in her pocket still. At least that was there, even though it wouldn't be terribly much use. It was a multi-tool, so it could at least partially help.

"Yan!" Yanmega announced happily, jumping up and taking the short distance to sit on her head. His favorite spot; even after evolving into a large dragonfly instead of the small manageable one he had been before. "Heh, hey, do you see my bag around anywhere?" Courtney chuckled, wondering if he'd be able to spot it. He shook, meaning no. Oh well.

"Alrighty. Well.... hmm..." She stood up slowly, Yanmega flying and hovering above her so he wouldn't hinder her getting up. She felt slightly hungry now that she was moving. Maybe she should open the crates? Perhaps she would find something useful there.

Yanmega hovered, examining the surroundings as he also kept an eye on his best friend. He was starting to miss Ariados for a moment, but he pushed that away. Courtney needed him at his best- Ariados would want that too. He rose a little bit and did a backflip in the air before hovering over to a slightly larger crate. "Yan?" He asked, seeing Courtney had already started trying to pry open a smaller more beat up crate with a sharp sturdy stick and the small flat-head screwdriver in her multitool.  "Uh, sure. Go ahead and try. Just, don't destroy them." She answered with a smile. Yanmega was powerful, and she didn't quite know how strong these crates were.

The dragonfly debated using tackle on the crate, wondering if that would be too much with his size. Sonic Boom would cut right through a lot of these crates, him having used the move for most of his life. Slash then? "Yan, yanmega?" Courtney looked over, seeing a slash prepared. She nodded. "Try it gently. Or at least on the corner section so you don't disturb much inside." She flinched when the lid of her small crate suddenly popped off. "See, we want to be careful- they're unpredictable!" She laughed, moving to a little further away crate so Yanmega didn't have to worry about hurting her.

((Alright then. Add in your pokemons levels to the forms. I'll change the format.))

The crate that Courtney had popped open would be filled with...juice? Rows and rows of juice boxes were inside. Cheri Berry flavored. Looking at them, they all seem to have different expiration dates. With some of the dates being months apart, and with some of them looking bloated, its obvious that many are expired. The ones that are expired would have an extremely sour smell upon popping the top with a straw. Taking the ones with the latest expiry dates would be the best option, but even so theres no way to tell which ones have gone off.

The crates all seem to have been floating in the ocean for some time, and only recently come onto land.

((Basically, if you want to take any with you, specify how many and then I'll roll a dice to see how many were spoilt. And when you want to drink one, I'll roll a dice to determine whether its expired or not.))

((Changed mine in my form post. Lvl is 55. hope that's ok.))

Yanmega used slash on the larger crate, cutting through a corner section cleanly and partially splitting some of the box's wood that was left. He landed on it now, slightly harder to see if his force could make the split wood fall off. Another crack, a pop and something fell off. A back panel. "Yan!" He exclaimed happily, moving his wings slightly in his happiness. They buzzed somewhat before settling as he watched his trainer examine the juice she had found. A lot of those seemed weird.

"Some of them are spoiled I think." Courtney answered when she noticed Yanmega's puzzled look. "But good job on the large crate!" She praised with a smile. A juice box was picked up, leaking weird smelling juice everywhere. "Well definitely not that one!" It was thrown further away, bouncing off a rock and into some sand. The rancid smell still lingered. "This is awful..." She expressed, trying her best to determine what wasn't spoiled and what was between the smell and the leaking liquids everywhere. The dates weren't much help. Being at sea had played havoc on what was good and what wasn't.

She would take some, but where would she put them? "Hey Yanmega, you think you could try n find some large leaves or something? Maybe some vines? Something to make like a pack or so?" The dragonfly gazed around. He nodded, wings moving as his body rose. "Yannnmega." He'd try.

Courtney watched as her partner hovered to other spots nearby on the beach, slowly trying to find anything helpful. She continued to try and find any unspoiled juices, putting the ones not spoiled out of the crate. After this she would check the larger crate to see if there was more luck there.

((Uhh.... i'll say she'll take 8 out and then get tired of trying to determine what wasn't bad because the smell was so strong.))

((Rotom is level 52.))

Lucille felt a dull pain in the back of her head as she forced her eyes open. A wet sensation was enveloping her feet, and she felt exhausted and slightly hungry and thirsty. She rubbed her eyes and gazed up at the harsh sunlight - and then immediately regretted it. Her headache grew worse, and she ripped off her jacket and covered her eyes with it for a few moments before adjusting to the light. She tied the jacket around her waist to keep cool.

Lucille pried herself off of the sand and looked around, puzzled. "Where... where am I?" she wondered out loud. Had someone kidnapped her? Was she dreaming? Dead? She scooped up a handful of sand and felt it. It seemed very real. So it was kidnapping, then, or some sort of freak accident. Lucille felt for the Poké Ball at her side to reassure her. She breathed a sigh of relief as she found it and unhooked it from her belt. Lucille threw the Poké Ball at the ground, and Rotom came bursting out of it.

Rotom giggled incessantly as it emerged, spastically darting to and fro in bursts of electricity. Lucille shook her head as she tried to calm down the energetic Rotom. "Rotom, we have to figure out what's going on here, ok? I think I saw some palm trees over there, so we might want to head that way."

Rotom cackled, "Rotoooom!" He followed Lucille up to the palm trees, where they sat down and looked out to the distance.

((Changed mine in my form post. Lvl is 55. hope that's ok.))

Yanmega used slash on the larger crate, cutting through a corner section cleanly and partially splitting some of the box's wood that was left. He landed on it now, slightly harder to see if his force could make the split wood fall off. Another crack, a pop and something fell off. A back panel. "Yan!" He exclaimed happily, moving his wings slightly in his happiness. They buzzed somewhat before settling as he watched his trainer examine the juice she had found. A lot of those seemed weird.

"Some of them are spoiled I think." Courtney answered when she noticed Yanmega's puzzled look. "But good job on the large crate!" She praised with a smile. A juice box was picked up, leaking weird smelling juice everywhere. "Well definitely not that one!" It was thrown further away, bouncing off a rock and into some sand. The rancid smell still lingered. "This is awful..." She expressed, trying her best to determine what wasn't spoiled and what was between the smell and the leaking liquids everywhere. The dates weren't much help. Being at sea had played havoc on what was good and what wasn't.

She would take some, but where would she put them? "Hey Yanmega, you think you could try n find some large leaves or something? Maybe some vines? Something to make like a pack or so?" The dragonfly gazed around. He nodded, wings moving as his body rose. "Yannnmega." He'd try.

Courtney watched as her partner hovered to other spots nearby on the beach, slowly trying to find anything helpful. She continued to try and find any unspoiled juices, putting the ones not spoiled out of the crate. After this she would check the larger crate to see if there was more luck there.

((Uhh.... i'll say she'll take 8 out and then get tired of trying to determine what wasn't bad because the smell was so strong.))

((Alrighty. RNG gods say that 3 are good.))

Roughly three out of the eight would be genuinely unspoiled. The other five would not be visibly expired, but would likely cause varying degrees of discomfort if drunk. The palm trees would have large leaves, but they would be unsuitable for making packs. Near the entrance of the jungle, the greenery would be quite sparse, and the duo would need to go further in to find leaves large enough to pack up the juice. The juice boxes would be small enough to fit one in each pocket without hindering movement.

As the back panel of the crate fell off, A wide variety of dried foods fit for long ship voyages would tumble out. As opposed to the juice boxes, these are very tightly packed and none look expired. Unfortunately, also unlike the juice boxes, the rations would have large packaging, and less could be brought along. If they were left behind without being hidden, wild Pokémon would likely get to them.

Lucille felt a dull pain in the back of her head as she forced her eyes open. A wet sensation was enveloping her feet, and she felt exhausted and slightly hungry and thirsty. She rubbed her eyes and gazed up at the harsh sunlight - and then immediately regretted it. Her headache grew worse, and she ripped off her jacket and covered her eyes with it for a few moments before adjusting to the light. She tied the jacket around her waist to keep cool.

Lucille pried herself off of the sand and looked around, puzzled. "Where... where am I?" she wondered out loud. Had someone kidnapped her? Was she dreaming? Dead? She scooped up a handful of sand and felt it. It seemed very real. So it was kidnapping, then, or some sort of freak accident. Lucille felt for the Poké Ball at her side to reassure her. She breathed a sigh of relief as she found it and unhooked it from her belt. Lucille threw the Poké Ball at the ground, and Rotom came bursting out of it.

Rotom giggled incessantly as it emerged, spastically darting to and fro in bursts of electricity. Lucille shook her head as she tried to calm down the energetic Rotom. "Rotom, we have to figure out what's going on here, ok? I think I saw some palm trees over there, so we might want to head that way."

Rotom cackled, "Rotoooom!" He followed Lucille up to the palm trees, where they sat down and looked out to the distance.

((I assume you're looking out into the sea. Correct me if I'm wrong.))

As they looked out into the distance from the shade of the palm trees, something would be visibly moving in the ocean. Large, and serpentine. Two of them, actually. They seemed to be writhing about in the sea. Behind them, the sounds of Pokémon emanated from the jungle. There seemed to be a lot of small ones in there.

((Okay I've edited my form, I saw that Hydro Pump was an egg move so I lowered Feraligatrs level, otherwise he'd have to be nearly lvl 80 which seems way too high! And Dragonclaw seemed too much so I changed it to metal claw... maybe he'll learn dragonclaw later))

Bruce gasped in pain as the two vines shot out at him, connecting with his arms.

Seeing this Feraligatr let out a roar and charged forward towards the Weepinbell.

As Bruce hurried to move out of the way he felt the mouth of the grass type clamp down on his leg. He hurriedly scooped up a handful of sand and hurled it at the Weepinbell's eyes.

As the plant was briefly distracted from the sand, Bruce used his other leg to kick the mouth off of his leg.

"Ice fang! Ice fang!" Bruce shouted desperately as he dove backwards away from the whipping vines. Hearing this Feraligatr's mouth began to glow an eerie blue and cold air began to pour out of the sides like drool. Feraligatr leaped down at the weepinbell, it's chilled maw digging into the flesh of the pokemon.

((Okay I've edited my form, I saw that Hydro Pump was an egg move so I lowered Feraligatrs level, otherwise he'd have to be nearly lvl 80 which seems way too high! And Dragonclaw seemed too much so I changed it to metal claw... maybe he'll learn dragonclaw later))

Bruce gasped in pain as the two vines shot out at him, connecting with his arms.

Seeing this Feraligatr let out a roar and charged forward towards the Weepinbell.

As Bruce hurried to move out of the way he felt the mouth of the grass type clamp down on his leg. He hurriedly scooped up a handful of sand and hurled it at the Weepinbell's eyes.

As the plant was briefly distracted from the sand, Bruce used his other leg to kick the mouth off of his leg.

"Ice fang! Ice fang!" Bruce shouted desperately as he dove backwards away from the whipping vines. Hearing this Feraligatr's mouth began to glow an eerie blue and cold air began to pour out of the sides like drool. Feraligatr leaped down at the weepinbell, it's chilled maw digging into the flesh of the pokemon.

user posted image + user posted image VS user posted image

As Feraligatrs teeth tore into the plant, it shuddered, its leaves drooping. The relatively small plant had been brought to near death by that single attack. Fortunately for it, it had just enough strength to haul itself up with a vine as its crushed form fell from Feraligatrs jaw. Before the duo could finish it off, the Weepinbell swung itself into the treeline, sap and stomach acid trailing behind it.

Enemy defeated!

Feraligatr:

Health: 100/100

Hunger: 93/100

Thirst: 96/100

Bruce:

Health: 86/100

Hunger: 42/100

Thirst: 67/100

Weepinbell:

Health: 4/25

As the plant fled, Bruces leg would feel rather tingly. Closer inspection would reveal that the Weepinbell, having been lying in wait, had been filled with strong stomach acid. The acid would be starting to burn into his leg, leaving nasty red splotches. As time went by, it would hurt more and more. His movement wouldn't be impeded, but it would be uncomfortable to walk with the pain.

The places where the enemy whipped him would be swollen too, and would sting a little. The skin wasn't broken though, and it wouldn't affect him in any way apart from the discomfort.

((Oh, yeah, no need to list your moves. Just state Feraligatrs level and he'll be able to use every single move up to there. Or else it wouldn't make sense that a giant crocodile couldn't bite things because it already knows how to shoot water in 4 different ways. And some moves like slash and cut would be necessary to do certain things too.

Edit: Oh, yeah! If you guys have the time, I would like ya'll to have a look at this real quick, as it kinda fits the the theme of the RP.

http://arvalis.deviantart.com/gallery/3991...alistic-Pokemon

Edit edit: Marcus, I saw your form edit and I've updated it accordingly. ))

Edited by Melomancer

((I spent far too long on this for what it ended up looking like. Oh well fun to edit sprites again user posted image

Transparency sucks! That's why it doesn't look as a clean as the original dry.gif ))

Bruce sighed with relief as he watched the pokemon scurry off into the brush. Feraligatr let out a menacing snarl as it watched it's prey scurry off.

Bruce went to stand but winced as a sudden pain flared up on his bad leg. Looking down he saw a transparent liquid on it, the flesh underneath was quickly growing inflamed.

Bruce hurriedly threw sand onto the liquid and with his hands coated in it, wiped the acid off.

"God, I had no idea how deadly those things could be... a victreebels one thing but I never thought weepinbels were that dangerous... oh well, give me a hand hear bud," Bruce directed the last sentence at his Feraligatr, his arm outstretched.

Turning back from where the weepinbel had fled Feraligatr swooped down, lowering it's serpentine body beneath Bruce's outstretched arm and assisted him to his feat. Bruce gave the reptilian a hearty pat on the back and limped over to his surfboard and the empty rations packet. He scooped them up, his surfboard held neatly under his right arm and the packet stuffed into a pocket.

Bruce pointed past feraligatr and said, "Hey, break me off a branch would ya? One I could use for a walking stick".

Feraligatr turned and, eyeing a decent looking branch ripped it off the tree with his powerful jaws. Returning to all fours feraligatr scurried over and offered it Bruce who gratefully took it. Bruce looked from the branch to Feraligatr and briefly chuckled, "I didn't know you could play fetch bud! Haha".

Bruce wiped the top of the branch, it was a little damp from being in such a humid area, and gripped it tightly. Bruce noticed Feraligatr sniffing and looking off in a direction, away from where the weepinbel had fled.

"Salt... I thought I smelled it. Guess we must be near the ocean, that's a relief," Bruce paused and listened, it was feint but he could hear the gentle lapping of waves, though he couldn't quite discern where it was coming from. He clicked towards Feraligatr, the noise causing the beast to turn around and look at him.

"You're on point bud, lead the way. Not too far though, don't want weepy to return with his mum and catch me unawares," Bruce said humourously.

Feraligatr gave a brief nod and, returning to his quadrupedal form, began making his way through the jungle, Bruce closely following behind wincing every so often as he placed weight on his sore leg.

((Huh I've seen those realistic pokemon before biggrin.gif They're great, never read any of the flavour text though, rather interesting.

EDIT: Ahh dammit I forgot to change the colour of the eyes in the sprite! And if anyone wants to pretty it up a bit that'd be cool))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((I spent far too long on this for what it ended up looking like. Oh well fun to edit sprites again user posted image

Transparency sucks! That's why it doesn't look as a clean as the original dry.gif ))

Bruce sighed with relief as he watched the pokemon scurry off into the brush. Feraligatr let out a menacing snarl as it watched it's prey scurry off.

Bruce went to stand but winced as a sudden pain flared up on his bad leg. Looking down he saw a transparent liquid on it, the flesh underneath was quickly growing inflamed.

Bruce hurriedly threw sand onto the liquid and with his hands coated in it, wiped the acid off.

"God, I had no idea how deadly those things could be... a victreebels one thing but I never thought weepinbels were that dangerous... oh well, give me a hand hear bud," Bruce directed the last sentence at his Feraligatr, his arm outstretched.

Turning back from where the weepinbel had fled Feraligatr swooped down, lowering it's serpentine body beneath Bruce's outstretched arm and assisted him to his feat. Bruce gave the reptilian a hearty pat on the back and limped over to his surfboard and the empty rations packet. He scooped them up, his surfboard held neatly under his right arm and the packet stuffed into a pocket.

Bruce pointed past feraligatr and said, "Hey, break me off a branch would ya? One I could use for a walking stick".

Feraligatr turned and, eyeing a decent looking branch ripped it off the tree with his powerful jaws. Returning to all fours feraligatr scurried over and offered it Bruce who gratefully took it. Bruce looked from the branch to Feraligatr and briefly chuckled, "I didn't know you could play fetch bud! Haha".

Bruce wiped the top of the branch, it was a little damp from being in such a humid area, and gripped it tightly. Bruce noticed Feraligatr sniffing and looking off in a direction, away from where the weepinbel had fled.

"Salt... I thought I smelled it. Guess we must be near the ocean, that's a relief," Bruce paused and listened, it was feint but he could hear the gentle lapping of waves, though he couldn't quite discern where it was coming from. He clicked towards Feraligatr, the noise causing the beast to turn around and look at him.

"You're on point bud, lead the way. Not too far though, don't want weepy to return with his mum and catch me unawares," Bruce said humourously.

Feraligatr gave a brief nod and, returning to his quadrupedal form, began making his way through the jungle, Bruce closely following behind wincing every so often as he placed weight on his sore leg.

((Huh I've seen those realistic pokemon before biggrin.gif They're great, never read any of the flavour text though, rather interesting.

EDIT: Ahh dammit I forgot to change the colour of the eyes in the sprite! And if anyone wants to pretty it up a bit that'd be cool))

((I would be more than willing to make trainer sprites for EVERYONE, but I'm on a mac and there's no mspaint or equally simple to use equivalent. ;-wink.gif)

Of course, being a water Pokémon, Feraligatr would be able to discern the direction of the ocean accurately. However, if they were to arrive at the beach, they wouldn't find anyone nearby. There would be a Wingull pecking at something on the sand though, leaving them the option to investigate. There would also be several crates of varying sizes scattered around. A Kingler would be standing next to the crates, seemingly commanding several Krabbys. The Krabbys would be beginning to lift the crates, carrying them towards the ocean.

Yanmega flew back after a little more searching, dropping a short piece of broken vine that had been gnawed on near Courtney. She was stuffing drinks into her pockets and having some trouble at that. "Nothing?" She asked, seeing the dragonfly seem more sad than normal. She reached up, patting him on the head gently. "You didn't fail, don't feel bad. There's not much here." She ignored one of the juice boxes that fell out, and traveled over to the larger crate.

"Ha cool!" There was lots of packaged food here of varying sizes. None of it really able to be carried without a pack of some sort. She could make Yanmega carry some, but that wouldn't be completely fair. "Hmm... what to do..." She thought, realizing they were probably going to have to go into the denser parts of the island to find suitable supplies to make a pack, and then hopefully be able to find this food again. Maybe they should try to hide it?

Courtney started to life up the large panel again from the crate, Yanmega soon hovering over to do it for her. He didn't want her exerting too much energy. It fit back into the crate-shape fine, but had a tendency to fall if left for too long. Together, the pokemon and trainer gathered various rocks to place around it. Yanmega gathered larger rocks he could find, some being dragged instead of completely lifted, and set them all around this food crate. That would at least be a challenge to anything that wanted the food.

There wasn't much else they could do aside from covering the crates with sand. "Alright..." Courtney spoke, setting the last rock on the pile they had created all around the crate. It was a haphazard pile, but many different size rocks were all over. "Let's... I guess go into the jungle." She shrugged, not seeing much else to try and use for a pack on the beach.

They started a slow walk into the wilds of the jungle, listening and keeping an eye out for any other dangers or pokemon. The last thing either of them needed were to be attacked.

Yanmega flew back after a little more searching, dropping a short piece of broken vine that had been gnawed on near Courtney. She was stuffing drinks into her pockets and having some trouble at that. "Nothing?" She asked, seeing the dragonfly seem more sad than normal. She reached up, patting him on the head gently. "You didn't fail, don't feel bad. There's not much here." She ignored one of the juice boxes that fell out, and traveled over to the larger crate.

"Ha cool!" There was lots of packaged food here of varying sizes. None of it really able to be carried without a pack of some sort. She could make Yanmega carry some, but that wouldn't be completely fair. "Hmm... what to do..." She thought, realizing they were probably going to have to go into the denser parts of the island to find suitable supplies to make a pack, and then hopefully be able to find this food again. Maybe they should try to hide it?

Courtney started to life up the large panel again from the crate, Yanmega soon hovering over to do it for her. He didn't want her exerting too much energy. It fit back into the crate-shape fine, but had a tendency to fall if left for too long. Together, the pokemon and trainer gathered various rocks to place around it. Yanmega gathered larger rocks he could find, some being dragged instead of completely lifted, and set them all around this food crate. That would at least be a challenge to anything that wanted the food.

There wasn't much else they could do aside from covering the crates with sand. "Alright..." Courtney spoke, setting the last rock on the pile they had created all around the crate. It was a haphazard pile, but many different size rocks were all over. "Let's... I guess go into the jungle." She shrugged, not seeing much else to try and use for a pack on the beach.

They started a slow walk into the wilds of the jungle, listening and keeping an eye out for any other dangers or pokemon. The last thing either of them needed were to be attacked.

The crate would be hidden without much trouble. And unless a particularly large Pokémon tried to dig it up, it would remain hidden. As they traversed the jungle, it would get noiser and noiser, until the sound died down at a certain point, become eerily quiet. The rustling of leaves would intensify, and the strong, spicy smell of poison would permeate the air around them. If they stopped to listen long enough, they might be able to discern what Pokémon was making the odor. Or continuing ahead would be another option, opting to go as far away from it as possible.

Lucille, leaning against the trunk of the palm tree, stared at the water and sea serpents - which seemed to look distinctly like Gyarados - before deciding that a fight there would be costly and dangerous. On the other hand, a vantage point would offer a distinct advantage. If only there was a clear path... It seemed more and more like they would have to fight their way through the jungle if they wanted to make it anywhere in a timely fashion.

Lucille got to her feet and ripped off a leaf of the palm tree, preparing for a long hike. "Come on, Rotom. We need to find the highest point of the island and see if we can tell where we are. Maybe we can find out if there are others here as well."

Rotom buzzed and hissed enthusiastically, and zapped away through the air, scouting out the nearby area to see what the best path to the top of the island was. If any wild Pokémon attacked, it would immediately use Thunder Wave to paralyze them.

Lucille, leaning against the trunk of the palm tree, stared at the water and sea serpents - which seemed to look distinctly like Gyarados - before deciding that a fight there would be costly and dangerous. On the other hand, a vantage point would offer a distinct advantage. If only there was a clear path... It seemed more and more like they would have to fight their way through the jungle if they wanted to make it anywhere in a timely fashion.

Lucille got to her feet and ripped off a leaf of the palm tree, preparing for a long hike. "Come on, Rotom. We need to find the highest point of the island and see if we can tell where we are. Maybe we can find out if there are others here as well."

Rotom buzzed and hissed enthusiastically, and zapped away through the air, scouting out the nearby area to see what the best path to the top of the island was. If any wild Pokémon attacked, it would immediately use Thunder Wave to paralyze them.

The two serpents would rise up of the water momentarily. It became obvious that one was a Gyarados, while the other was a Dragonair. Another blue serpent. As they fought, a beam of cold shot from the larger one, causing the Dragonair to fall into the water, motionless. The Gyarados grabbed its kill in its teeth, sinking into the depths again.

As they trekked through the foliage, many wild Pokémon would appear. The smaller ones like Rattata and Wurmple were instantly paralyzed as they attacked, and fell to the ground. The highest point on the island would be the top of the mountain, at what looked like a dormant volcano. The peak would have been very visible from the beach. While the duo moved, a stray Poocheyana running out of their path would snap a twig as it fled, alerting a Gligar hunting in the trees above. The ground type pokemon would stare down at them, before swooping down to attack, aiming its claws at the Rotom.

((I just felt like making it tongue.gif ))

Emerging from the jungle Bruce let out a loud sigh and stretched his arms above his head.

"Gotta love that sea breeze mate," He said, patting Feraligatr on the shoulder.

Feraligatr was eyeing the kingler, rather intensely. Bruce scratched his chin and looked around. He wondered why there were so many crates just lying about. He watched, somewhat intrigued, the movements of the Krabby's as they all systemically dragged the large crates towards the ocean.

"Hey wait... there might be some stuff in those!" Bruce exclaimed. Feraligatr turned and looked at him and then back at the Kingler, it then let out a bellowing roar. The nearby wingull flew off in fright and many of the Krabby's dropped the crates they were holding as the Big Jaw pokemon bellowed it's challenge towards the King Pincer pokemon.

It's large tail sweeping a trail in the sand behind it, Feraligatr stepped menacingly towards the Kingler, ignoring all the insignificant Krabby's and keeping it's eyes fixed on it's target. Bruce himself was somewhat intimidated by the look Feraligatr was giving the Kingler, he now understood just how ferocious his pokemon could be.

((That was a Roar and a Scary Face in case you didn't gather. Not sure how status's and such are gonna work in this. Hope you didn't mind the roar startling the Krabbys and the Wingull, let me know and I'll change it.

And if the Pokemon have been drawn up on that Realistic Pokemon Deviant page are we to assume that's what they look like?))

((I sorta mind the Wingull flying off. I was gonna give you the option between saving the loot crates, and looking at what the Wingull was pecking at. The Krabbys being startled is completely fine. And you don't have to assume that thats what they look like. The picture is only there as a reference, if you want. Oh, but this picture which I've updated into the main post should be regarded as Canon when it comes to sizes. I've checked a bunch and the sizes all seem accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/2qVtfJT.jpg))

The Wingull flew overhead for a bit, before returning to what it was doing before. Namely, pecking at the thing in the sand. As the lowly crabs parted and fled towards the ocean while running sideways like dumb crabs (lol), the Kingler turned its attention to Feraligatr. Not liking having its rule over the Krabbys challenged one bit, the Pokémon snapped its claws together, frothing bubbles from its...mouth? The Crab lunged at the Blue crocodile, its smaller pincer growing hard as metal. It slashed towards Feraligatrs belly, the strike hitting for quite a bit of damage. Invigorated by the blow, Kingler would froth at the mouth, its attacks growing slightly stronger from then on.

user posted image+user posted image VS user posted image

Feraligatr: Level 63

Health: 89/100

Bruce:

Kingler: Level 57

Health: 48/48

Hunger: Irrelavant

Thirst: Irrelavant

As the shrill hunting screech of the Gligar ricocheted against Lucille's ears, she spun around and saw it descend. "Rotom! Will-O-Wisp!" shouted Lucille, urgently trying to weaken the Gligar so it couldn't do much harm. Rotom obliged, hovering out of the way of Gligar's attack, and as it spun around, summoning occult purple flames that spun around Gligar. As the attack connected, Gligar would be afflicted with severe burns, hampering its attack.

((If I can't do two attacks in one post, ignore this. I'll just repost it.))

Lucille looked at Rotom and nodded, preparing a combo attack. "Now, Rotom, use Hex!" she shouted. Rotom laughed malevolently as occult energy surrounded it once more, causing Gligar's burn to throb. The energy formed into a beam that suspended Gligar in the air, fixing it in place by its burns. Rotom laughed again as it concentrated and kept the beam in place. Lucille got her possessions in order and waved to Rotom. "Ok, let's go! Before it recovers!" Rotom let the beam dissipate and shot after Lucille as they ran further into the darkness of the jungle.

The crate would be hidden without much trouble. And unless a particularly large Pokémon tried to dig it up, it would remain hidden. As they traversed the jungle, it would get noiser and noiser, until the sound died down at a certain point, become eerily quiet. The rustling of leaves would intensify, and the strong, spicy smell of poison would permeate the air around them. If they stopped to listen long enough, they might be able to discern what Pokémon was making the odor. Or continuing ahead would be another option, opting to go as far away from it as possible.

All that could be heard was Yanmega's rhythmic vibrating wings as it flew closely by its trainer's head, vigilant to any attacks. His trainer stopped briefly, taken aback by the smell of poison. She was familiar with it, having dealt with many injuries from Ariados' poison attacks to pokemon before when a trainer had not known how to take care of those injuries. Poison had a distinct smell even though some pokemon had varying forms of it. The base smell was always the same.

"This isn't an exactly good area." She mentioned quietly, glancing around for the source. Nearby the leaves rustled, and continued to rustle for a moment before going silent again. Yanmega's wings stopped, drifting the pokemon to Courtney's head as they listened for an attack or a sound identifying what was going on.

As the shrill hunting screech of the Gligar ricocheted against Lucille's ears, she spun around and saw it descend. "Rotom! Will-O-Wisp!" shouted Lucille, urgently trying to weaken the Gligar so it couldn't do much harm. Rotom obliged, hovering out of the way of Gligar's attack, and as it spun around, summoning occult purple flames that spun around Gligar. As the attack connected, Gligar would be afflicted with severe burns, hampering its attack.

((If I can't do two attacks in one post, ignore this. I'll just repost it.))

Lucille looked at Rotom and nodded, preparing a combo attack. "Now, Rotom, use Hex!" she shouted. Rotom laughed malevolently as occult energy surrounded it once more, causing Gligar's burn to throb. The energy formed into a beam that suspended Gligar in the air, fixing it in place by its burns. Rotom laughed again as it concentrated and kept the beam in place. Lucille got her possessions in order and waved to Rotom. "Ok, let's go! Before it recovers!" Rotom let the beam dissipate and shot after Lucille as they ran further into the darkness of the jungle.

((Well, the battle hasn't started officially yet, so two attacks is fine.))

The Gligar missed its initial attack, landing on the floor. As it turned around to lunge again, purple flames engulfed it, leaving it with burns. As the Fly Scorpion Pokémon tried to lunge again, the burns throbbed with intense pain, and it dropped to the ground, shuddering. The Gligar felt itself being lifted into the air by some unknown force, and it struggled fruitlessly. By the time it hit the ground, its prey had escaped. The hurt Gligar got up, fleeing into the forest to look for something to treat its burns with. Searching for a bit, the wounded Pokémon came across a bush with pale blue berry, its leaves long and curly. It ripped it open using its teeth and snacked on the bitter fruit, rubbing its juices all over its body before collapsing into a pile, fast asleep. If the duo looked around where they were running, it would be obvious that the surrounding jungle was filled with these bushes. As they ran, several berries would be crushed underfoot, giving off a bitter smell.

user posted image

All that could be heard was Yanmega's rhythmic vibrating wings as it flew closely by its trainer's head, vigilant to any attacks. His trainer stopped briefly, taken aback by the smell of poison. She was familiar with it, having dealt with many injuries from Ariados' poison attacks to pokemon before when a trainer had not known how to take care of those injuries. Poison had a distinct smell even though some pokemon had varying forms of it. The base smell was always the same.

"This isn't an exactly good area." She mentioned quietly, glancing around for the source. Nearby the leaves rustled, and continued to rustle for a moment before going silent again. Yanmega's wings stopped, drifting the pokemon to Courtney's head as they listened for an attack or a sound identifying what was going on.

As they listened, the sound of heavy breathing could be heard, along with the sound of footsteps. The sound seemed to be of three pair of footsteps. The duo would be unable to tell how many Pokémon there were though, as the sound of two pairs could be coming from the same Pokémon. Suddenly, the sound of a loud, pained bleat could be heard, followed by the sound of something crashing into the floor.

The smell of a poison type Pokémon strengthened, as what sounded like a croak rang out. It seemed to increase in frequency and volume, as the bushes and leaves rustled, indicating that the Pokémon was quickly approaching their location.

Feraligatr let out a vicious snarl as it darted backwards away from the Kingler. Bruce darted over to the crate, wincing slightly as the pain in his leg flared from the rapid use of his leg.

"Remember he's slowed bud, hit him fast and hit him hard!" Bruce called over to Feraligatr.

Feraligatr looked briefly in Bruce's' direction in acknowledgement and turned back towards the Kingler it's eyes glinting. In a flash Feraligatr darted low to the ground, water streaming around it, it jetted towards the Kingler at astonishing speed, it's frilled head colliding with the hard shell of the crab pokemon. Licking it's lips Feraligatr lept out at the Kingler, his jaws enclosing around the shell with a sickening crunch.

Bruce looked on from a distance and briefly pumped his fist as the attacks landed with solid impact.

"Yeah good work, keep it up! Your tougher than that 8 legged appetizer! Show him who's boss!" Bruce encouraged.

He then turned his gaze onto the crate that he'd run over to. Dropping his surfboard he lifted up the branch he'd been using as a walking stick and, using the end like a crowbar, began to try and pry open the top.

((So are you going to roll a die to determine whether crunch lowered Kinglers defence? Also I'll say that Feraligatr has Torrent, not Sheer Force))

Feraligatr let out a vicious snarl as it darted backwards away from the Kingler. Bruce darted over to the crate, wincing slightly as the pain in his leg flared from the rapid use of his leg.

"Remember he's slowed bud, hit him fast and hit him hard!" Bruce called over to Feraligatr.

Feraligatr looked briefly in Bruce's' direction in acknowledgement and turned back towards the Kingler it's eyes glinting. In a flash Feraligatr darted low to the ground, water streaming around it, it jetted towards the Kingler at astonishing speed, it's frilled head colliding with the hard shell of the crab pokemon. Licking it's lips Feraligatr lept out at the Kingler, his jaws enclosing around the shell with a sickening crunch.

Bruce looked on from a distance and briefly pumped his fist as the attacks landed with solid impact.

"Yeah good work, keep it up! Your tougher than that 8 legged appetizer! Show him who's boss!" Bruce encouraged.

He then turned his gaze onto the crate that he'd run over to. Dropping his surfboard he lifted up the branch he'd been using as a walking stick and, using the end like a crowbar, began to try and pry open the top.

((So are you going to roll a die to determine whether crunch lowered Kinglers defence? Also I'll say that Feraligatr has Torrent, not Sheer Force))

((Yep. Roll said that his defense is lowered now. Poor Kingler. His ability is to prevent his attack from being lowered. (Hyper cutter), not defense. I guess Crabsticks here is gonna have a pretty bad time.))

As the Feraligatr rammed into the enemy and bit down on its shell, it screeched in pain, bubbles frothing from its mouth. As it backed away, it would be obvious that its shell was cracking under the pressure. Exhausted, the Kingler raised its large pincer, swaying it around instead of attacking. The massive claw opened and shut, and from Bruces angle it would be visibly glowing. A faint blue aura surrounded it, as the Kingler seemingly prepared for a powerful strike. The Krabby that had gathered to watch the battle again seemed to panic, fleeing back into the sea as fast as they could.

Bruce:

Health: 19/48

Edited by Melomancer

Yanmega's wings vibrated again as he shifted to the direction of the sound of the thud. Courtney could feel the uncertainty in her companion and wondered too what was going on. The croak got closer, and the footsteps too. "Something's coming..." She whispered, backing up a bit.

The dragonfly hovered softly between her and the noise, ready to attack if needbe. Courtney thought through the situation, wondering just how many creatures might come from the bushes. They rustled again once more, startling her slightly. Maybe if Yanmega used Double Team now? Possibly to scare off the attacker? That had worked once when he was a Yanma. Maybe a quick Hypnosis would be beneficial. Yanmega was pretty fast already, and if it did turn out to be a pokemon trying to attack them, he could probably get a Speed Boost off too which would be wonderful.

Courtney took another slight step back, feeling the rock with her foot. Now was one of the many times she thanked actually spending too much time in woods training her pokemon and letting them run around doing whatever bug types did. She knew how to trek through many type of hazardous terrain thanks to that. At least when trees were involved.

((Hmm after reviewing Kinglers moveset the only thing I can think of that would be to charge an attack and then strike would be Bide... unless it has TM's tongue.gif Oh well))

Bruce looked over concerned as the Kingler seemed to be preparing for a big attack. Feraligatr was also looking at the Kingler warily and looked over at Bruce, asking for instructions.

Bruce pondered further, "Hmm... he's charging his attack, so obivously it's gonna be something big... but I think Kinglers rely most heavily on physical attacks so that should be a good move... Feraligatr, flatter him! Make him confused! Then, if you can hit him with a slash, go for the place where you crunched him his armour might be weaker!" Bruce called out.

Acknowledging the voice Feraligatr let out a snort than raised itself to it's full height. And promptly began muttering something to the Kingler in poke-speech. The Kingler did look genuinely confused at the sudden change in behaviour. Before it could fully comprehend this, Feraligatr lunged down it's claw striking down at the section of the shell it had bitten, the armour at the point visibly looked weaker than the rest.

Yanmega's wings vibrated again as he shifted to the direction of the sound of the thud. Courtney could feel the uncertainty in her companion and wondered too what was going on. The croak got closer, and the footsteps too. "Something's coming..." She whispered, backing up a bit.

The dragonfly hovered softly between her and the noise, ready to attack if needbe. Courtney thought through the situation, wondering just how many creatures might come from the bushes. They rustled again once more, startling her slightly. Maybe if Yanmega used Double Team now? Possibly to scare off the attacker? That had worked once when he was a Yanma. Maybe a quick Hypnosis would be beneficial. Yanmega was pretty fast already, and if it did turn out to be a pokemon trying to attack them, he could probably get a Speed Boost off too which would be wonderful.

Courtney took another slight step back, feeling the rock with her foot. Now was one of the many times she thanked actually spending too much time in woods training her pokemon and letting them run around doing whatever bug types did. She knew how to trek through many type of hazardous terrain thanks to that. At least when trees were involved.

As the bushes parted, a blue, wicked looking Pokémon stepped out, its bulbous throat expanding as it croaked. The Toxicroak lifted its hooked fingers, just standing there and watching them. The frequency of its croaking increased, as it bounced around on its toes. It abruptly lunged towards Yanmega, aiming for a Poison Jab.

*DUNUUNUNUNUNUNUNUN*

user posted image + user posted image VS user posted image

((Only pic I could find with a character that had brown hair and green eyes ;-; ))

Yanmega: Level 55

Health: 105/105

Hunger: 100/100

Thirst: 100/100

Courtney:

Health: 100/100

Hunger: 78/100

Thirst: 95/100

Toxicroak: Level 57

Health: 95/95

Hunger: 56/100

Thirst: 78/100

Edited by Melomancer

((Hmm after reviewing Kinglers moveset the only thing I can think of that would be to charge an attack and then strike would be Bide... unless it has TM's tongue.gif Oh well))

Bruce looked over concerned as the Kingler seemed to be preparing for a big attack. Feraligatr was also looking at the Kingler warily and looked over at Bruce, asking for instructions.

Bruce pondered further, "Hmm... he's charging his attack, so obivously it's gonna be something big... but I think Kinglers rely most heavily on physical attacks so that should be a good move... Feraligatr, flatter him! Make him confused! Then, if you can hit him with a slash, go for the place where you crunched him his armour might be weaker!" Bruce called out.

Acknowledging the voice Feraligatr let out a snort than raised itself to it's full height. And promptly began muttering something to the Kingler in poke-speech. The Kingler did look genuinely confused at the sudden change in behaviour. Before it could fully comprehend this, Feraligatr lunged down it's claw striking down at the section of the shell it had bitten, the armour at the point visibly looked weaker than the rest.

((Actually, I was going for a guillotine. I was counting on you taking it down before it could land the hit though, and it would be a cheap thing to do to use it on Feraligatr instantly without any charge up time, even if the dice said it was a hit.))

As the Feraligatr slashed down at it, the Kinglers claw flailed wildly and hit the ground. The energy was released, travelling as a shock wave down the beach. The sand parted from the force of the attack, and a crate in the way was slashed cleanly in two. The slash would have been devastating on the large Crocodillian had it connected. The armor shattered, and the Kinglers soft interior was crushed completely by the savage attack. But not before the smaller claw reached out and pinched Feraligatr, causing a small nick. The defeated enemy stood motionless, bubbles cascading from its mouth.

Bruce:

Health: 0/48

((Edit: Whoops. Forgot to mention the contents of the crate. D:))

Edited by Melomancer