Melomancer

Pokémon Island

Pokémon Island

You wake up to the sound of screeching. As you open your eyes, your hand instinctively rises to cover your face from the glaring orb you're staring into. Several silhouettes fly overhead, resembling birds. The screeching seems to be coming from their strangely shaped, long beaks. As the screeching dies down, you get to your feet, shaking the sand from your clothes. A pristine beach stretches as far as the eye can see. The salty tang of the beautiful ocean permeates the air, as the gentle waves hit the shore. Behind you is a huge jungle, and a volcano visible in its midst, looking as though it reaches the very peak of the heavens. With no memory of how you got here, and nothing but the clothes on your back and a strange ball attached to your clothes, you begin to walk...

OOC information:

Hello! And welcome to Pokémon Island! A survival RP where your character has to survive the dangers of a tropical island, filled with natural hazards and wild Pokémon, as well as anything else I decide to throw at you. But be warned, it might not be a volcanic eruption or even a pack of rabid Pokémon that kills you. It could be starvation, or dehydration from the fiery ball of death overhead.

Character forms: (Feel free to play as yourself.)

Character name:

Appearance:

Personality: (Feel free to leave blank and just rp this out.)

Partner pokemon: (State its species, level and gender. No levels above 64, please.)

Other:

Rules:

1: No powergaming, metagaming, godmodding and other basic RP no-nos.

2: Follow DC forum rules

3: Only one partner Pokémon will be allowed per character. (Although I may make an exception if you wish to have a plusle and minum duo or something of the sort.)

4: P-please. Don't ERP.

5: I'll control all NPC Pokémon and environmental hazards, and stuff like that. Most random events will be decided by me through random dice rolls. You have control over your partner Pokémon, but occasionally I might take control over it for story-related reasons. For example, making a Player controlled Poocheyana turn around and sniff the air. You then have the option to explore and go find out what the Pokémon was sniffing.

6: Post all forms in the thread itself.

7: You get all moves up to and including your pokemons level. And if your pokemon is capable of learning a HM, it can use it. Although not in battle. You won't be allowed to summon a giant tidal wave with surf.

8: Please refer to this size chart. ((Doesn't have Kalos. Sorry. ;-; ))

https://i.imgur.com/2qVtfJT.jpg

Edited by Melomancer

Forms:

Character name: Kelsey

Appearance: Having both average height and average weight, my size and shape is far from striking. I has dark brown hair, which is cut short and parted to the left. My eyes are blue with a ring of green around the iris. My skin is pale white, and I'm prone to burning easily in the sun. When exposed to heavy sunlight, my face gets a lot of freckles. Other than this, I usually wear jean shorts, a tee shirt, and sneakers.

Partner pokemon: A female Weavile

Other: Being a student, I carry around a school bag. There are(judging by what's in it now) a pencil bag, three folders, two books, and three snacks. There's also a pair of scissors, a crochet hook, and a ball of yarn.

male

Character name: Bruce

Appearance: 6ft 1, he has tanned skin and straight black hair. He has brown eyes, almost amber in the sunlight. He is reasonably well built, having somewhat of a surfer's body. He wears a navy sleeveless shirt and and bright blue and white leaf patterned swim shorts and grey thongs (flip-flops! That's what I'm gonna call them, don't get the wrong idea).

Personality: Headstrong and a bit of a daredevil, he's open and friendly and absolutely loves the water. While mostly active and determined, he sometimes just likes to float just under the water resting his head on his feraligatr.

Partner pokemon: Male Feraligatr. Level 63

Other: He has a surfboard

Character name: Courtney

Appearance: 5ft 4in tall with light brown hair that turns a striking blonde in the sunlight very quickly. She has green eyes, but those shift between an icy pale blue and a dark grey color periodically presumably because of the weather. She wears a t-shirt with a maroon zip-up hoodie, jeans and sneakers. A crow pendent is hung around her neck, alone with a woven red, green and tan bracelet on her left wrist.

Personality: She's very jovial, and somewhat aloof. Wise beyond her years, don't let the friendliness and nearly-unconditional willingness to help fool you: she's far from naive and won't hesitate to speak her mind when wronged. She's also very stubborn, but backs down when she knows she cannot prove otherwise. A lover of science and nature, get her talking and she may not stop for a very long time.

Partner pokemon: A male Yanmega. Level 55

Other: She used to own a male Ariados and male Larion as well. Her mother called back the Ariados and Lairon, however, to have them watch the house. Yanmega and Ariados in particular were very good friends.

Character name: Lucille

Appearance: 5'6'', she has pale skin, long, very dark brown hair, and glasses. She is thin and looks like she doesn't get outdoors too often, and there are often bags under her eyes. She always wears a black jacket over a white shirt, blue jeans, and casual tennis shoes.

Personality: Lucille is reserved and cynical, often preferring to observe from a distance rather than join in. She maintains a cool facade from the world in order to keep her emotions hidden. However, if you can get her to open up, she can be very friendly and outgoing.

Partner pokemon: Genderless Rotom. Level 52

Other: She was studying programming in college. Her Rotom is very mischievous and provides a sort of foil to her.

Character name: Kenzie

Appearance: About 5'5", average weight, with long brown hair that she always wears tied back into a ponytail, she has brown eyes and wears a pair of purple glasses. She generally wears clothes that are casual and comfortable, her favorite outfit is a light purple T-shirt with an Espeon silhouette printed on it, complete with tiny red rhinestones for its forehead gem, light blue jeans, and floral print canvas slip-on shoes. She also wears a necklace with a plastic replica Sceptilite, a gift from her younger brother whose first Pokemon was a Treeko.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, though friendly around most people, she can be surprisingly animated and talkative when she's around people she's familiar with. The reason she became a Trainer later than most (at 16 instead of the usual 10) is because she loves books and learning so she wanted to finish her schooling first, and even now doesn't battle competitively, just small matches for fun with her friends. After her own schooling was finished, she traveled for a year or so, and when she returned she got a job at her local Pokemon School assisting the teachers there.

Partner Pokemon: Female Sandshrew, level 32, nickamed Agate

Other: Her own first Pokemon was a Piplup she recieved on her 16th birthday, which she nicknamed Breezie. They're very close and he's since fully evolved into an Empoleon. However the last thing she can recall is leaving him and her other Pokemon behind to work with Agate alone to "bring her out of her shell", since the little Mouse Pokemon is quite timid and particularly fearful of other Pokemon (especially big metal penguins with horns lol). This is due to her previous Trainer who tried to "toughen her up" by forcing their stronger Pokemon to attack all at once, and then proceeded to abandon her anyway in the city park. Kenzie found her there, and with the help of a Pokemon Center nursed the Sandshrew back to health, though even Nurse Joy wasn't sure why the Sandshrew hadn't evolved yet, despite being well past the required level.

Character name: Rae

Appearance: Here 6'1"

Personality: Rp'ed

Partner pokemon: Rapidash, 44, female, nicknamed "Libra"

Other: Would like to be a breeder.

Edited by Melomancer

I'd be interested, you're gonna have to nerf a lot of pokemon though. For example tropius, he may not be able to fly but he still grows edible fruit on his neck tongue.gif

I'd be interested, you're gonna have to nerf a lot of pokemon though. For example tropius, he may not be able to fly but he still grows edible fruit on his neck tongue.gif

Yep! I had a bunch of examples in mind to nerf Pokemon. For example, Tropius fruits could be eaten, but would take a certain amount of time (posts) to regrow and/or ripen to an edible state. A maximum of 3 would be growable at a time.

I also thought of having stats for players. Such as a health meter, hunger and thirst bar, as well as stamina. Probably one for the Pokemon too. Larger Pokemon would require more food.

I'd be interested in this. Willing to add a third member?

Yep, sure! I think it would be nice to leave this open, so people can join whenever. I'll get to writing a starter since people seem to be interested.

i've got finals, so i wont be on much until the 18th. but are there any pokemon we're not allowed to have? I assume legenardies, but any others? And if they have evolutions, do the pokemon start out as their first form? Or can they be any stage?

i've got finals, so i wont be on much until the 18th. but are there any pokemon we're not allowed to have? I assume legenardies, but any others? And if they have evolutions, do the pokemon start out as their first form? Or can they be any stage?

Yep, legendaries aren't allowed. Also, don't have Pokémon that are too big, like Wailord. You can start your partner Pokémon at any form you want.

I'll slap my form up here to get this all started. You said we could play as ourselves, so I'll do just that.

Appearance: Having both average height and average weight, my size and shape is far from striking. I has dark brown hair, which is cut short and parted to the left. My eyes are blue with a ring of green around the iris. My skin is pale white, and I'm prone to burning easily in the sun. When exposed to heavy sunlight, my face gets a lot of freckles. Other than this, I usually wear jean shorts, a tee shirt, and sneakers.

Other: Being a student, I carry around a school bag. There are(judging by what's in it now) a pencil bag, three folders, two books, and three snacks. There's also a pair of scissors, a crochet hook, and a ball of yarn.

I'll slap my form up here to get this all started. You said we could play as ourselves, so I'll do just that.

((Alright! Lets get this Rp started! I'll roll a dice to see where you start off in. The starting regions are on the beach and in the jungle. Dice roll says you spawn on a beach.))

Kelsey wakes up to the sound of waves splashing against the shore, with no memory of the island or how she got here.. Several Wingull are flying overhead. If Kelsey were to get up, she would see her school bag next to her. Inside, all her belongings would be present, with the addition of a Pokéball inside, cold to the touch. Her stomach rumbles, and her throat feels dry. Behind her, the jungle looms, teeming with life. A good place to look for food and drink. Alternatively, she could walk along the beach to get a better idea of her surroundings.

Appearance: 5ft 4in tall with light brown hair that turns a striking blonde in the sunlight very quickly. She has green eyes, but those shift between an icy pale blue and a dark grey color periodically presumably because of the weather. She wears a t-shirt with a maroon zip-up hoodie, jeans and sneakers. A crow pendent is hung around her neck, alone with a woven red, green and tan bracelet on her left wrist.

Personality: She's very jovial, and somewhat aloof. Wise beyond her years, don't let the friendliness and nearly-unconditional willingness to help fool you: she's far from naive and won't hesitate to speak her mind when wronged. She's also very stubborn, but backs down when she knows she cannot prove otherwise. A lover of science and nature, get her talking and she may not stop for a very long time.

Partner pokemon: A level 55 male Yanmega

Other: She used to own a male Ariados and male Larion as well. Her mother called back the Ariados and Lairon, however, to have them watch the house. Yanmega and Ariados in particular were very good friends.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Appearance: 6ft 1, he has tanned skin and straight black hair. He has brown eyes, almost amber in the sunlight. He is reasonably well built, having somewhat of a surfer's body. He wears a navy sleeveless shirt and and bright blue and white leaf patterned swim shorts and grey thongs (flip-flops! That's what I'm gonna call them, don't get the wrong idea).

Personality: Headstrong and a bit of a daredevil, he's open and friendly and absolutely loves the water. While mostly active and determined, he sometimes just likes to float just under the water resting his head on his feraligatr.

Partner pokemon: Male Feraligatr, level 63

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Partner pokemon: A male Yanmega

Courtney wakes up on the beach, feeling something soft against her face. Seeing her eyes open, the wingull pecking at her hair squawks loudly before taking off into the sky. She feels slightly hungry, but her throat feels fine, and she is moderately well hydrated. Several crates and small boxes are scattered on the beach around her. She has a pokeball on her, but nothing else apart from what she may have had in her pockets. The jungle behind her is oddly quiet.

Partner pokemon: Male Feraligatr

Bruce wakes up after what feels like a long, restful sleep. If he were to get up, he would notice the canopy overhead, providing shade. He's in a small clearing in the middle of a jungle. Short, soft grass covers the clearing, along with what looks like the open mouth of a weepinbell sticking out of the ground near the edge. Best stay clear of that. Stuck into the sand next to him is his surfboard, the Pokéball resting alongside it. Suddenly, his stomach flares with intense hunger. Luckily, a pack of rations in a waterproof ziploc bag is sitting next to his surfboard. Bruce has no idea what the exact date is, but the rations are definitely not expired. He can feel the salty beach air coming from one direction, carrying the putrid odor of brine and rotting fish Pokémon.

((Basically I randomised all of your thirst and hunger meters, and Bruce had 2/100 hunger. So I had to spawn in some food to make sure you don't instantly die.))

Edited by Melomancer

Appearance: 5'6'', she has pale skin, long, very dark brown hair, and glasses. She is thin and looks like she doesn't get outdoors too often, and there are often bags under her eyes. She always wears a black jacket over a white shirt, blue jeans, and casual tennis shoes.

Personality: Lucille is reserved and cynical, often preferring to observe from a distance rather than join in. She maintains a cool facade from the world in order to keep her emotions hidden. However, if you can get her to open up, she can be very friendly and outgoing.

Partner pokemon: Genderless Rotom

Other: She was studying programming in college. Her Rotom is very mischievous and provides a sort of foil to her.

((I'll edit this with a post soon... but Melo, you wrote skateboard. Also isn't it ironic that the guy so heavily involved with the beach is the one who wakes up in the jungle tongue.gif ))

(Wait, hang on, if Courtney is anything to go by, are our characters from the Real World (our world) or the pokemon universe?)

(Wait, hang on, if Courtney is anything to go by, are our characters from the Real World (our world) or the pokemon universe?)

((I'm fine with either. You can have a character who's from the pokemon world and familiar with them, or a character from the real world going:

Oh my god what the heck is that is that wolf breathing fire what is this I think I just saw a giant dragon fly out of the forest I think I'm dreaming or going insane ))

((I'll edit this with a post soon... but Melo, you wrote skateboard. Also isn't it ironic that the guy so heavily involved with the beach is the one who wakes up in the jungle tongue.gif ))

((heheh, yeah.))

Partner pokemon: Genderless Rotom

Lucille wakes up on the beach, near the edge of the water. Every so often, larger waves reach her feet, splashing against her tennis shoes. Like all the others, she has no memory of how she got here. Her pokeball is clipped to her jeans. The hot sun hangs overhead, likely making her sweat profusely if the jacket isn't removed soon. She feels a little bit hungry and thirsty, but can manage without either food or drink for quite a while more. Ahead in the waves, something seems to be moving. Behind her, a few large palm trees are present, providing ample shade.

Edited by Melomancer

((I'm assuming that the majority are from a Pokemon filled world. Based on that the majority of players seem to have had a Pokemon prior. I also find it amusing that Bruce is gonna emerge from the jungle... and find a beach full of women xd.png We need another guy!))

Rolling over with a grown, his hand on his stomach Bruce looked up at the canopy of leaves.

"Oh..... what the hell is this!?" He said breathlessly. Bruce painfully sat up and his eyes fell on the small bag of food. Crawling forward along his belly he reached out for it, wary of the open mouth not so far from him.

He snatched the bag of rations and rolled back onto his board and opening the pack, quickly devoured the snacks. Eating them too quickly, Bruce choked for a moment and haphazardly slapped on his chest. Grasping in shock he tapped the button on the pokeball and with a brief flash a large blue crocadilian appeared and crouched down looking curiously at it's trainer.

His vision going blurry Bruce opened his mouth and pointed rapidly between himself and the Feraligatr. The beast tilted it's head and then let out a jet of water from it's mouth straight towards Bruce's face knocking him backwards.

When the stream stopped Bruce spluttered, the torrential blast had successfully dislodged the dry rations from his throat. He spat out the water and then froze, he had been between Feraligatr and the Weepinbell when he had been hit by the jet of water... which had clearly knocked him backwards...

((Uhh... how was that?))

((I'm assuming that the majority are from a Pokemon filled world. Based on that the majority of players seem to have had a Pokemon prior. I also find it amusing that Bruce is gonna emerge from the jungle... and find a beach full of women xd.png We need another guy!))

Rolling over with a grown, his hand on his stomach Bruce looked up at the canopy of leaves.

"Oh..... what the hell is this!?" He said breathlessly. Bruce painfully sat up and his eyes fell on the small bag of food. Crawling forward along his belly he reached out for it, wary of the open mouth not so far from him.

He snatched the bag of rations and rolled back onto his board and opening the pack, quickly devoured the snacks.  Eating them too quickly, Bruce choked for a moment and haphazardly slapped on his chest. Grasping in shock he tapped the button on the pokeball and with a brief flash a large blue crocadilian appeared and crouched down looking curiously at it's trainer.

His vision going blurry Bruce opened his mouth and pointed rapidly between himself and the Feraligatr. The beast tilted it's head and then let out a jet of water from it's mouth straight towards Bruce's face knocking him backwards.

When the stream stopped Bruce spluttered, the torrential blast had successfully dislodged the dry rations from his throat. He spat out the water and then froze, he had been between Feraligatr and the Weepinbell when he had been hit by the jet of water... which had clearly knocked him backwards...

((Uhh... how was that?))

((It was good! Also, yeah. Hungry hungry plant incoming. Oh, right. For movesets, do you guys wanna come up with your own 4 moves? Or should I randomly pick 4 that the pokemon can learn? Also, Marcus, I know this is a pretty bad representation of Bruce but it was the only one I could find. ;-;

Oh, and in this world, you're allowed to go smack your enemy in the face with a wooden board. Its the wilderness. No rules against the trainer beating the snot out of wild pokemon with his bare hands.))

*DUNUNUDUNDUNDUDNUDUDNUDNU POKEMON BATTLE MUSIC*

user posted image + user posted image VS user posted image

As Bruce realised that, the Weepinbell beneath him would lash out with two thin vines. If they struck Bruce, they would leave an injury similar to a whip. It tries to engulf one of Bruces legs, and then clamp its round, pink mouth shut.

Feraligatr:

Health: 100/100

Hunger: 100/100

Thirst: 100/100

Bruce:

Health: 100/100 (Prior to being attacked))

Hunger: 42/100

Thirst: 73/100

Weepinbell:

Health: 25/25

Hunger: 28/100

Thirst: 100/100

((OOC Post: Hahahaha that's funny, sure use that for battles xd.png

I was thinking feraligatr would have Ice Fang, Dragon Claw, Aqua Jet, Hydro-pump. I'm not sure about some of them, Ice fang and Aqua jet seem fine to me. But dragon claw and hydro pump might be too strong, if dragon claw is too strong (or the fact that it's a tm) I'd change it to either Metal Claw or Aqua Tail. And if hydro pump was too strong I'd change it to either water pulse or Water Gun though watergun seems too weak, and Water pulse doesn't seem like it would fit the blast of water he did in my post... can I get some peoples opinions on these?))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((OOC Post: Hahahaha that's funny, sure use that for battles xd.png

I was thinking feraligatr would have Ice Fang, Dragon Claw, Aqua Jet, Hydro-pump. I'm not sure about some of them, Ice fang and Aqua jet seem fine to me. But dragon claw and hydro pump might be too strong, if dragon claw is too strong (or the fact that it's a tm) I'd change it to either Metal Claw or Aqua Tail. And if hydro pump was too strong I'd change it to either water pulse or Water Gun though watergun seems too weak, and Water pulse doesn't seem like it would fit the blast of water he did in my post... can I get some peoples opinions on these?))

((I'd just say 'screw it' and let your Feraligatr have every move up to a certain level. Do you guys think thats a good idea? Of course, Hydro cannon would be OP, so no ultimate starter moves.))