PureDark006

Choice, a Pokemon Shifters RP

Hearing the man talk about the rules, Liz gasped. She opened her mouth to ask him how he knew and was suddenly cut off by an advancing trainer.

"Ey! Is something the matter there?"

Standing unsteadily with Lambert's help, Liz shook her head. "I was nearly fainting from hunger but this man stopped to help me out." She looked up at the woman timidly. "Please pardon my rudeness, but who are you?" She shivered and nearly fell over again, regaining her balance and pulling the coat tighter around herself.

Rennaj tilted his head, looking at the strange Pokémon that had just arrived.

A rufflet chasing an umbreon... what an odd sight. Obviously they're both after that package, so it's probably fairly valuable. I think I'll take it.

He picked the box up and was about to open it, when he felt his body begin to tingle.

Oh crap, not now...

He began emitting a brilliant white light, shifting within it. He could feel his body stretching and growing, shifting to the larger proportions of his human form. Looking up at the trainer and various Pokémon, he smiled. This being something he was horribly out of practice with, it seemed more scary than comforting. "What a wonderful magic trick, eh? I'll just be taking this box and leaving now..." He turned, beginning to walk out of the clearing.

Edited by Dorchadas

Lambert made mention of the Rules and he saw revelation flash in the girl's eyes, setting her face into a shocked gape, but the moment was short as someone else appeared from around a corner. The hairs on the back of his neck tingled and he jumped a little, startled by the sudden shout addressed to them.

He stayed silent, assessing the moment, looking at the newcomer up and down. Considering what he himself was wearing, he couldn't complain about her sense of fashion -- was this what the youth of today was into? -- which was nothing short of rebellious for her age. Then the pieces snapped into place. He did hear of people talking about the… distinctiveness of the town's local Gym leader, both in fashion and in behaviour. He wouldn't doubt that talk of him, the odd man working at the Pokemon Center as a part-timer, was spreading through the small town as well.

While he would have rather chosen his words carefully in response to the question, the naive girl already answered it. Lambert flared his nostrils, biting back a sigh. At least Lambert could take comfort in the guess that she really didn't know anything else.

"You're the local gym leader, correct?" added Lambert, completely sidestepping the question of what exactly was the issue at hand.

"No kidding," Rhapsody huffed. He'd be pissed at the kid for being sarcastic, but for some reason they had sounded like the clarification was necessary. They looked scared enough that he could believe they weren't mocking him on purpose.

At least they weren't running away screaming. Not that Rhapsody had anything against that reaction towards him, but it'd kinda defeat the purpose of getting more info. They didn't look that hurt, though, which irked him a bit.

Narrowing his eyes, he looked straight at the yellow ones of the Pokemon in front of him. He'd never been a master of subtlety, so the direct way it was. “‘You will lose all memories, except of these rules.’ Sound familiar?” he quoted, carefully examining the other's reaction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The human bent down to check on her, and Umbreon's ears pressed against her head. Was she nice? Maybe she could help-

Just then, the other Pokemon snatched the package from her, her teeth ripping the ribbon she has been using as a hold. She completely forgot about her predicament, fur standing on end in light fear as she scrambled to stand up. "G-Give that back!" she exclaimed over the Rufflet's yells. Before she could do anything though, a brilliant light like the one for evolution surrounded the thief; and when it dispelled, instead of a new form, the Pokemon looked exactly like a human.

Her eyes went wide as saucers. Umbreon wasn't the only surprised one; the Rufflet finally stopped his yelling, forgetting to flap his wings for a second and nearly falling from the sky. "It's... It's a shifter!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She nodded satisfied at the girl's explanation, glad there were no problems around. The girl looked kinda like she had come back from a Spinda festival though; how many days must one go with little food to be unsteady on one's feet? Hygre was kinda glad she had never encountered a situation that would have given her the answer.

The man was the one who talked next, making her smirk proudly. "Yup. Name's Hygre. Had something to ask, but your friend's health takes priority. How long have you two been in town?" she asked, opening the door to the Pokemon Center for them so the man could help the girl in case she faltered again.

Sarah looked at the thief pokemon with a serious look, and her hand was now a fist, ready to punch the heck out of that Lucario. "You-" she began, but she stopped when bright light surrounded the blue thing, and it transformed into a human. "A shifter?!" she accidentally yelled, when she took a step back. She stood there for a moment. She was definitely not a normal pokemon.

When the thief claimed to take the package, and started to walk, Sarah snapped back into this world. A small shadow ball formed into her hand. "Hey thief!" she yelled and at the same time threw the ball at her. It was pretty weak, as it only nudged the guy a little bit, but she probably caught his attention. "You give that box back to her right now, or else..." she commanded, and prepared for a fight. "... And before you ask, if you don't, i'll slice it off your hands." she continued, and quickly nodded at the Umbreon.

Edited by MidnightStar89

Note

Since there has been some confusion about the exact power of moves while in human form, the following paragraph was added to the 'Characters' section of the first post:

While shifters can use their moves in their human form, they're so limited they're not even useful in actual battle. Someone with Water Gun would be able to fill a glass with water. Someone with Hydro Pump could pretend they have a garden hose with low pressure under their sleeve. Ember would make a flame akin to a lighter. Psychic would be able to lift and bend spoons and other small objects. Dynamic Punch would add power to actual punches like a trained boxer. Ice Beam would freeze small bodies of water.

No move used by a shifter in human form will have secondary effects, and they're mostly useless when used against Pokemon, since Pokemon are accustomed to the full power of moves.

Elizabeth swallowed nervously, looking up at the woman holding the door. "I just got here..." She fell silent, waiting for Lambert to explain. He was much better at this than she was, apparently, and she didn't like lying in general. Besides, this new person looked somewhat intimidating. Using Lambert for slight support, she headed into the Pokémon center that the woman held open. "Th-thank you..."

Ren smiled and replied to the woman in a false sweet tone. "Oh, you can have the box. I really don't mind. But whatever is inside is mine." With that, he began pulling away the ribbon to untie it.

Edited by Dorchadas

As soon as they'd processed the human's statement, they flinched backward and jerked their head up sharply to meet his gaze. "How - " they blinked, then lowered their head again, shakily scanning the forest floor. The first of the rules that made up the entirety of their memory when they'd woken up, word for word. How could he possibly have known that, short of directly reading their mind? Humans with psychic abilities were rare, and even if this man were one of them, there would be little point asking them about it if he already knew. Either he was involved in their current condition somehow, or... he was in the exact same situation himself.

It seemed unlikely, but... no, they couldn't make that judgement yet with the limited information they had. But either way, now that the possibility had come up, they had much more to get out of this conversation than just surviving the encounter. "That - yes, it does. Sound familiar. I - I woke up near here, maybe about an hour ago, with... that and three other rules, no other memories. Are..." They stared down at his shoes. There was no way to ask this properly, was there? "Are you... uh..."

"We just met, actually," Lambert explained as they walked through the door, glancing back at Hygre holding the door and steadying the smaller girl who leaned against him. The older man chose his words carefully. "And I arrived to Kusba around two days ago." He hoped that she wouldn't ask about where he had come from or where he was planning to go, because he had no idea. In his mind, Lambert swore at himself for not becoming familiar with the region map. He could only give short answers, hoping that she wouldn't pry into their strange predicament. Gym leaders seemed to be oddly persistent (or maybe it was just her).

Helping the blue-haired girl sit down, he introduced himself and tried to change the topic. "My name's Lambert. You said you had a question to ask?"

"Someone who evolves between human and Pokemon?" Rhapsody completed the kid's question with an amused expression. "Yeah, I am. Been here for six days already, and still can't remember anything from before except those damn rules." It was unlikely Pink Ducklett had been out cold for those six days, so did that mean there were going to be more of them eventually? Or that there were already? He didn't recall any information on other players, so maybe yes, maybe no. Either way, he'd have to keep that in mind in case he found anyone else acting suspicious.

"Guess you also have no idea who’s that team helix supposed to be, what with being in the world of the living for only an hour," he commented, turning in the direction Pooch had been leading them before meeting that blue fox.

"Also, a bit of advice." He pointed at the kid’s beak with his left hand. “Whoever dumped us here thought it’d be funny if we got tired after being a Pokemon for a couple of hours, so don’t count on staying like that all the time.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbreon's ears pressed hard against her skull, tail tucked between her legs, big eyes going between the female human and the two-legged-Pokemon-now-male-human. The girl nodded and Umbreon ran to hide behind her leg; she didn't know who or what the girl was, but she wanted to help, so she was nice.

The other human wasn't, though, as he started to unwrap the damaged ribbon and the colorful paper it was holding together. "Stop that!" she yelled, torn between continuing to hide behind the girl or trying to recover the package. She knew she should stay where she was, but she couldn't wrap it herself, she didn't know how, and-

The paper fell with a light crumpling sound, revealing a rectangular plastic container. Inside was a Mocha Poke Puff with light-brown frosting, the top decorated with two marshmallow red leaves.

The Rufflet was ignoring the small confrontation between the humans, feathers rustling in excitement as it yelled again. "I can't believe it! It's-"

Then he was literally roundhouse-kicked out of the sky by a Buneary that had come running from the direction the Rufflet had.

The bird fell to the ground with an 'oof', the Buneary landing gracefully next to him. "What were you thinking!?" she yelled at her victim, looking like anger personified.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two days, huh," Hygre repeated, crossing her arms as she leaned on the door. That kinda rung a bell...

"Ah!" she exclaimed, hitting her fist against her open palm. "You're that guy that works at the Center that Zorua called a creep! Hadn't seen you directly until now." She nodded to herself, entering after the duo. "Nice of you to be helping out."

She quickly looked around the center, clicking her tongue when she saw no black fuzz around. The only one around besides the three of them was the nurse who also managed the mart, who was reading a magazine behind the counter due to not having anything better to do. Advantages of living in a pretty small town, in her opinion.

"Right, 'bout the question. See, my younger Pokemon tend to be five different kinds of trouble. One of them, the Zorua I mentioned actually, has been missing since this morning, and I've been trying to find him," she huffed, pushing her hair out of her face. It wasn't the first time this happened, but usually she was able to find the little one within an hour, so it was starting to get on her nerves. "So if any of you see a small black fox with red markings, be sure to tell me. Don't have my cell with me, so just yell something. This town is small enough that I'll have no problems hearing you," she explained.

Edited by Puredark006

Lambert didn't know if he should be offended that her pokemon thought he was… a creep. He might have looked suspicious, maybe, but…! Biting back a retort, he simply answered, "We'll do our best to help. Do you think he might have gone outside of town?" He closed his eyes and shivered a little, recalling the forest he had to fight through on the first day. Her pokemon might have gotten lost there, since Hygre was still looking for it in town.

"Hang on… You can talk to pokemon?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Last he knew, the ability to understand pokemon was incredibly rare -- though not unheard of -- and he assumed his ability to hear them talking was part of the 'abilities' he was promised. It was a long shot, but maybe Hygre would know something about it?

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Sarah almost jumped at the thief when the package opened, and the wrapper fell. When the item was revealed, she just stopped. "Wait... What? Some kind of a sweet...?" she asked, and glared at the umbreon, who looked pretty shocked. She then heard a thump, and looked to her left, where a bird-like pokemon and some kind of a bunny stood. "Who are you?" she asked, tilting her head a little bit. She stopped being in that attack-ready position, and forgot about the other shifter completely for a moment.

Edited by MidnightStar89

Elizabeth watched as the two talked, feeling slightly overwhelmed from being in a strange place with two strangers. She took a couple deep breaths, steadying herself. She refocused in the conversation, hearing Lambert speak.

"...think he might have gone out of town?"

She perked up, remembering the thread of the conversation. Before she could stop herself she found she had spoken. "Why would he run away from you?" She shrunk back meekly, her voice just above a whisper. "If you don't mind me asking, of course."

Rennaj stared at the Poké Puff, stunned. "It's a Poké Puff. In a box. This was why you ran so fast?" He tossed it at Sarah's feet, shrugging. "Keep it, Umbreon. I have no use for your crappy pastry." He turned his attention to the other Pokémon in the area. "Hey, annoying bird and prissy rabbit, what's your problem?"

Edited by Dorchadas

They nodded slowly. That there were at least two of them basically eliminated any possibility of a freak accident. Six days - then whatever had done this to them must have been active for a while already. What was the purpose of these rules? "What you wished for" did imply active participation on their end. Had they signed up for this somehow, then forgotten about it? Dumping one's test subjects into a forest with practically no directions seemed less than controlled.

"I don't think so," they mumbled in response to the human - er, the other person's question. "Unless..." they did faintly recall the existence of several organizations of dubious morality styling themselves as teams. But "team" being a common word as it was, they couldn't jump to that conclusion. "Nevermind. No."

The next comment snapped them out of their thoughts. They looked up in surprise, then visibly drooped, sinking several inches through the air and almost scraping the bush with their tail. Being human for just an hour had been an ordeal; they weren't sure if they could handle much more of it. How were they supposed to transform back, anyway? Gloomily, they resumed studying the man's shoes, and realized with a jolt that he wasn't facing them anymore.

"W-wait!" They blurted out, then immediately regretted it. What had they done that for? They didn't exactly have a reason to keep him if he was going to leave, and now he was going to expect one. "I, ah - um, that is to say - what are y-you planning to do? From here on out, I mean. Something about the rules?"

Kid probably preferred their Pokemon form too, judging by the lowering of its various limbs. Rhapsody couldn't blame them. Learning to balance without a tail was something he didn't want to go through again.

He had expected the kid to follow, but it instead told him to wait. He raised an eyebrow, kind of amused at the fumbling that followed, and felt his lips stretching into a cocky grin as he answered with confidence. “Third rule, kid. Dunno if I accepted willingly or was forced to play, but if Past Me asked for something I’m gonna trust it’s worth it. I’m here anyway, so might as well play to win.” Pooch had also said something about finding the one responsible, but in his opinion that was a waste of time. He didn’t really see the point of info when whatever was behind this all was powerful enough to make people pseudo-Dittos.

“What about ya, kid? Thought of anything you wanted to do, or were you too busy stumbling through the forest?”

The Umbreon scrambled to the plastic container when it was thrown, trying to prevent the pastry inside from suffering further damage by using her tail to soften the hit against the ground. "They were the ones who started going after me!" she yelled at the Pokemon-human, fur bristling as she curled around her treasure.

The Buneary's ear slightly twitched and she crossed her arms. "One, I deny any involvement in whatever this idiot's trainer told him to do. Two, why are you even talking to humans?" she hissed, one of her hind paws tapping the ground as she sat on the Rufflet's back, who was still stunned from the surprise Jump Kick from earlier. Buneary then looked between the two humans and pointed to the vegetation to her side right as a woman made her way through it, pulling on a man's ear as she made her way out of the shrubbery.

Both of the newcomers were wearing what looked like hospital-green uniforms, with transparent goggles covering the lines of their hair. The man had shorts and the woman a skirt with white buttons on the right, but the rest of the clothes were similar. Both of them had shirts, closing so one side was over the other, the edges bending instead of going straight giving it the feeling of a DNA strand, the area between the main two buttons that closed the shirts decorated with light blue and red horizontal lines. Both were wearing black tall boots and black gloves, the woman having very light blue leggings. White belts completed the look, an insignia looking like a capital H in the middle, the left red, the right blue, with varying tones of both colors on the middle.

The woman's expression had matched the Buneary's when she first arrived, until she saw the other people in the clearing. She released the man, who started rubbing the hurt appendage, and cleared her throat. "Are any of you that Umbreon's trainer?" she asked in a businesslike tone, looking between the strange man and girl.

((I promise this is the last post someone new appears at the scene. Also, like before, have an amazing ref pic drawn by Pi))

"Nah. He always goes in a group when going out of town, and everyone else is accounted for," Hygre explained, scratching the back of her neck. Or at least, he had done so until now. She couldn't think of anything that would have made today different, but just in case she made a mental note to ask Honchkrow to look around later.

The girl with the spiky jacket spoke up then, making Hygre wave her hand dismissively. "He's not running away; he's just a young cub that can't stay still for more than five seconds. If left alone he'll eventually come back, but last time I didn't go looking for him immediately my cell ended up at the bottom of the lake. So you see why I'd rather find him before he gets in trouble again."

The guy, Lambert, then asked another question, and Hygre had to let out a loud laughter. "Please. Saying one can understand Pokemon is the oldest scam ever." She looked at Lambert again, still chuckling as she shook her head. "Nah, have no idea what they say most of the time, but there are ways. In my case, it's my Zoroark. Her Illusion ability makes everyone around her think she's speaking human when she's pretending to be one, so I use her as a translator."

She looked out the transparent doors, hand on her hip. "Anyway, gotta go keep searching. If you guys have any questions that aren't urgent we can always chat latter. Just one last thing, what did you say your name was, and who's the jacket's owner?" she asked, looking at the girl and pointing at the garment wrapped around her.

Edited by Puredark006

They nodded mechanically, relieved that they'd gotten a response. They hadn't considered the possibility of being forced to play - it seemed probable, especially considering the dubious nature of these rules. They made a mental note to come back to it later. For him to trust himself when he had no memories of what had actually happened before this strange game, though, especially given the very real chance that whatever did this could have tampered with any part of them... They sighed inaudibly. Best not to bring it up.

The man asked a question in return and it took them a few seconds to register that he was asking for their opinion. "Anything I wanted to do?" They echoed quietly. "No, I... t-that second option sounds basically correct." What were they going to do now? Try to tackle this game somehow, with no experience and even fewer leads? This was the first time they'd tried to interact with anyone else and they ended up turning into a Pokemon by accident. Now that they weren't focusing all their attention on walking, it was beginning to dawn on them that they were well and truly screwed.

"A-actually. If, uh, if it's at all possible..." They shifted nervously from side to side, fairly sure they were supposed to be making eye contact but unwilling to try. "I don't really know what I'm doing here. It's only been an hour, and - I-I'm really not sure how walking is supposed to work even, yet. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would it be... could I possibly ask, maybe, to come with you?" They winced at their own choice of words. How was that supposed to convince anyone? "If you're trying to 'win' whatever this is, I'm sure I could help somehow, especially if we - er, not that you... erm."

Sarah looked at the umbreon curling around her treasure, and sighed. Not in relief, but not in shame either. He then heard the Buneary talking about stuff, and rolled her eyes. "Because we can understand you, that's why we talk to each other." she said. She then heard talking, and rustling behind her. She quickly turned around, only to see two people. A woman and a man, the other dragging the other from his ear. This day is getting weirder and weirder...

"Are any of you that Umbreon's trainer?"

When she heard the woman ask that, she shook her head. "No, ma'am, we are not. That other guy there just stole her poke puff, and that Buneary and Rufflet chased her. So, are you the trainers of those two? And who are you anyways?" she told them, and after asking her questions, she crossed her arms.

The girl looked up at the odd woman nervously. "Me? I-I'm Elizabeth, and the jacket is his." She gestured to Lambert. Inside, she was growing a little impatient. Just when I find someone else who knows the rules, she shows up... I just can't catch a break...

Ren stepped forward with a dark grin, punching his fist into his hand. "You Pokémon are annoying me. How about you take your little costume party trainers over there and go before I pummel you into-" He stopped, noticing his human hands. "Erm, forget I said anything."

"Uh, yes, the jacket is mine," Lambert gave a nervous cough. It was one of a kind, he was sure, and hopefully she didn't recognize it as imitating the looks of a certain pokemon. "If we have any new information," he added before she left, "we will let you know."

He felt a little foolish for asking if she understood pokemon, and it reminded him that it was an ability that should stay as hidden as the rest of his… special skills. There seemed to be a lot of pokemon he still didn't know about even if he still had the knowledge of many species; the existence of a pokemon that could take human form as a special ability was a concept new to him, and perhaps a worthy trail to pursue. He didn't doubt that they would see Hygre again, but he made a note to keep it in mind.

Rhapsody snorted when the kid admitted to having spend all their time tripping around, even when it wasn't that much of a surprise. An hour after waking up he himself had still been more preoccupied with remembering every swear word he knew to yell at his human body than with thinking about what he'd do when he was done.

The next question wasn't surprising either; heck, catching Pooch had been mostly to leech off her knowledge of this place. The kid stuttering and looking like they hoped their wish had been 'let the earth swallow me on command' was funny though, so he hmm'd as he thought about it. He didn't want to play babysitter, but having a newbie around would serve to point at them every time the Houndour started complaining about how bad Rhapsody was at being a human. He could use something around to divert her scoldings.

"Alright kid, you're on trial run," he said with a grin. "I have to go to town to get Pooch healed up, so come with me. Shouldn't take that long, so if this is your first time in your Pokemon body you can stay like that until we're done. Don't mess up too much and you can stick around."

He started walking in the direction Pooch had been leading him to again, expecting the kid to follow. Hopefully they wouldn't get lost; he still wasn't going to take the damn road. "Name's Rhapsody. Yours?"

The Buneary's ears perked up at what the girl said before her trainer arrived, her whole body tensing. She looked between the two humans and the Umbreon, as if she was trying to think quickly of something, but didn't say anything else. Even when the male threatened them, she stayed on top of the Rufflet, one of her ears lowering in front of the bird's face to prevent him from interrupting the humans' talk.

The uniformed man got insulted though. "Hey, we're not in costumes! These are uniforms we're very proud of!" he exclaimed, gesturing at his clothing.

The woman coughed into her fist. "I'm not sure what's going on here, but we won't take much of your time. Yes, Rufflet and Buneary are with us. Leslar here tends to get... easily excited. Like a Lillipup."

"Hey!"

"And he thought the best way of getting the Umbreon's attention was to send his Rufflet after it, which started this mad chase in the first place. I sent Buneary out to stop Rufflet, not to hurt Umbreon," she continued as if the interruption hadn't happened.

"Nice. I dig your style," Hygre whistled, grinning approvingly at the man.

She took one last look at the Center's first floor and clicked her tongue. Zorua wasn't in the building, so there was no reason to prolong her stay. And if Lambert worked here, he should know where the meals offered to trainers were. She didn't know if Elizabeth was a trainer or not, but in her case no one would get mad if an exception was made. Arceus knew the girl still looked unsteady on her feet.

"Right then, I'll be off to keep looking. Thanks for the help." She waved at them and was off again with a swoosh of her jacket, the automatic doors closing right behind her as she adjusted her sunglasses.

"Pooch?" They repeated, before remembering the man's Houndour. Right, she had been knocked out by something; that would make sense. "Oh." Then the implications of the rest of what he'd said hit them, and they barely held themself back from blurting out an incredulous "Really?". Somehow, what they'd said had worked. They nodded vigorously and floated along behind him. Of course, they weren't in the clear yet - they didn't know what the threshold was for "messing up too much" and they doubted asking was the appropriate course of action, so they would just have to try their best for now.

Then the man mentioned names. They stopped. Somehow, the thought of names hadn't really crossed their mind until now. Humans had names as a general rule, and so did most Pokemon - did they? A quick check of their database revealed nothing. What now? They couldn't afford to make a mistake already. "I... don't think I have one," they muttered. "I-if, uh! If you need to call me something, I'm - my species is Porygon-Z, so that may suffice? Or if you need a personal identifier, my serial code is Z023. Either is - it doesn't really matter."

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Sarah looked at the suddenly appeared humans for a moment. They told that those two was their pokemons, but why were they after this umbreon, is unknown yet. "So, why were you after this umbreon after all, and do you know something about the poke puff we don't?" she asked. She then turned towards the Buneary and the Rufflet. The bunny was still standing on top of the other. She looked at the umbreon, who was still protecting the pastry, and the other shifter was still there...

Sarah got a bad feeling that these people were not as friendly as they first seemed, and put her hand in her pocket, grabbing Teccy's pokeball in her hand, but she didn't take him out yet, just in case.

Edited by MidnightStar89

((Ren wasn't threatening anymore))

Elizabeth waited until she heard the soft click of the doors sliding shut and looked up at Lambert, murmuring her words so only he could hear them. "Please... tell me everything you know. If there's somewhere more private we can go, let's talk there." She shivered again, seeing her skin begin to glow- and stop just as suddenly. She started hyperventilating slightly a little, getting more panicked by the second, speaking in a frantic whisper. "W-what's happening to me?" She stared at her arms fearfully, afraid they we're going to glow again.

Rennaj narrowed his eyes and stepped forward, coming within a foot of the Helix grunts. "I'd really like for you to explain yourself in the next 30 seconds, because the way I see it that Umbreon hasn't done anything to you. And I've been having a particularly bad day so I'm just itching for an excuse to crack some skulls." He grinned, his unsettling not-quite-smile making him just a tad bit more intimidating. "Starting now."

Edited by Dorchadas

Riiiiiight. Lambert gave an awkward half-smile in response to Hygre's compliment. What he was wearing -- or, woke up wearing -- was right up in her style. Maybe he should get his own sunglasses as well to complete the look. They provided a certain degree of cool anonymity.

The moment she was out of earshot, Elizabeth got his attention with panicked whispers and he pitied her. Did she come from the forest as well? It explained why she was so hungry and exhausted.

Oh no.

Lambert stepped over, standing between Elizabeth and the nurse, in case the latter decided to look over and wonder why a human girl was evolving. The shifter temporarily got it under control as the light faded and Lambert let a breath he didn't know he was holding slip out through his teeth. "Um, relax," was the only advice he could give. "Deep breaths." It would be incredibly bad if they ended up with something like a Chinchou on the center floor and even he felt his shoulders tense and he prayed that he himself wouldn't relapse into his other form and--

"Let's just get you food first." Gently taking her hand, he hurriedly led her to one of the rear rooms, giving a wave to the nurse who looked at him with a raised eyebrow. There were a few bunk beds for trainers staying overnight. On the way, he snagged some bread and some water which he set on a small table, and he set the table by his bed with the expectation that the mattress would be used as a chair. His sleeping area was neat and mostly bare, as if it was a vacant spot. Whatever possessions he obtained, he carried on his person.

Now that they were alone, he wasted no time. "You can turn into a pokemon."

Rhapsody raised an eyebrow, not really getting what the kid was saying. What the heck was a serial code? Was that the kid’s name? He wasn’t going to say a bunch of numbers every time he wanted to call the kid over. “I’ll just call you Z,” he decided with a shrug. Even in Pokemon form he couldn't tell if the kid was a male or a female, so he assumed it was a genderless species like Klink.

...Wait a second. He didn't notice until now because he understood, but had the kid been using actual words? He shot them an incredulous look. "You can speak like humans on that form?" he asked. He didn’t know if he should be slightly miffed that Z could communicate with anything while being a Pokemon or if he should appreciate what a useful ability that was, so he settled for both.

"Why we were after it?" the woman repeated, looking like she hadn't expected that question, as she answered the second one first. "Well, it wasn't because of that pastry. As far as we know, it's a normal one."

The man that had tossed the Poke Puff approached them, and Leslar gulped, pointing at him. "I-If it's a Pokemon fight you're looking for, me and Rufflet will t-take you on!" he yelled, even as he took a step back. "A-and physical assault is a crime so you can't hurt me!"

The woman shot her companion a warning look, and then turned to the other two again, raising her hands in a pacifying gesture. "We're not looking for a fight. We just wanted to talk to that Umbreon's trainer." She seemed to remember something, and her tone became more confident. "She's a little girl with brown hair in pigtails and a red dress. We saw her at the bakery purchasing that pastry, and she left her wallet behind. When we exited the store, we... saw that Umbreon with the same box, so we attempted to ask it to lead us to the girl to tell her that."

By now, Umbreon had managed to push the pastry with her paw so she could hide behind the girl that had defended her first. Her ears drooped at the woman's tale, body and tail curling around the plastic container. "The male came out running, and the look on his face was scary," she whispered, hiding more. "I thought they were trying to kidnap me."

Edited by Puredark006

Sarah heard the earlier thief basically command the two people explain, and raised her eyebrow. That guy seems pretty serious about his business...

She then looked behind her, and saw the ear-drooped Umbreon. She then looked at the two again, and smiled of amusement of the scared man. Adult man, and all shaky. "Well, I haven't seen such girl, so i'm sorry." she then said. She looked at the umbreon again. "It's okay... I'm pretty sure they won't hurt you." she whispered to her.

----

Kage hopped over a log, almost tripping from the bad landing. He quickly managed to get his balance back, and continued running. He didn't even bother putting Shima into his pokeball when it happened. Just out of nowhere... Where did the Mightyenas come from?

He soon saw the quite familiar building in front of him, Pokecenter. He blasted through the doors, running to the counter, looking at the nurse in the eyes. "Please help him, we got a-ambushed by Mightyenas and and... This!" He was panting, and put his fainted, quite bruised gastly on the counter, and the nurse took it in for healing. He leaned his head downwards a little, and sighed.

((Edited this because welcome in Kage x) Right away bursting in front of Rhapsody and Z))

Edited by MidnightStar89