voltage

Future of the demigods

Julia nodded softly watching as he left, she felt comfortable though this place was knew to her. She took the mug from him taking a small sip her lips barely touching the cup as she watched him "t-thank you..i am julia..daughter of Hecate." She looked away from the large man and played with her blue bangs not one for being grateful especially to those older than her as she was labeled disrespectful a lot she spoke quietly "t-thank you for saving me, a-and if you could thank the girl too i would appreciate it.."

"More or less," West replied with a small smile. Yes, this was right. They had been stressed out earlier about being here but it was just like any other situation they had to lie in. They could easily blend in, just like everywhere else. As long as they didn't accidentally kill someone, it was fine. "Unfortunately, I am not sticking around. I'm simply here to drop off someone else and I'll be gone as soon as they're settled in."

"Aw nuts. It would have been nice 't have someone around with a unusual name too. Who'd you bring?perhaps i can show them the ropes around here. my friends and i are always helping out the new comers.. although Nico....... Lets just say the Aphrodite child can be a little flamboyant." he snapped his fingers, his accent coming out thicker for a moment as he looked around. Hopefully that girl didn't pop up, she really had him flustered, and nico didn't help.

Arigorn smirked slightly. " You're welcome, although its best not to thank Kara. She'd say something along the lines of "Well its our job and they brought the monster to camp" She doesn't take "thank yous" vary well. When you finish, i'll take you to Hecate cabin, they will welcome you there and get you settled in." He sat on his heels beside her, watching Kara pace with her tiger on the hill.

"The hill in the back. where one of the ancients push the stone up the hill. you can see everything there and only feel his anger when the stone rolls back down. You can still keep an eye on the spirits there.At least you don't have to go where i go... in fact you'd be very lucky to survive it. I am like my father, thus built to handle such things. Body wise... the mind.. is till mortal. What i see, would make even you break. That's all i'd have to say on that." He was quiet for the rest of the way back to the cabin. the sun had lowered a little. The conch horn would sound for dinner soon.

Julia smiled as he sat on his heels beside her. She took another sip of the tea and let out a happy sigh as she was able to breathe again. She listened to him and nodded slowly "alright but what else can we do here?"

Tom nodded staying quiet as he walked back to the cabin. He sat down on his bed as he leaned against the headboard. Looking at the sky as he entered he gave it about half an hour to an hour before dinner.

Aren tensed at the force of the Hephaestus child's blade, analyzing for a way to attack. Noting a swift kick incoming, he dropped his sword and rolled away in one fluid movement. Standing once more, he began circling his opponent while slowly putting some distance between them.

Fae plopped herself on Azure's bed and settled in, making herself at home. "So what do you mean more than oranges to bribe him? What does he like?"

Ryche emerged from the Big House, having finished his report to Mr. D and Chiron. He was feeling weary, but he would never show it. Bad example and all. Spotting a familiar mop of orange hair, he blitzed over. "Heya, Citrus. How've ya been?" Rubbing the shorter boy's head, he smirked slightly. "Got a girlfriend yet?" Looking up he noticed West and stuck out a hand. "How very rude of me, I'm sorry. The name's Ryche, and I'm the Zeus counselor."

Rob stepped on the hilt of the sword his blade pointed outward. He saw that aren was studying his style so he kept his blade pointed towards aren, more of a defensive than offensive fighter.

She waved a dracima. "A few of these would help. Hmm, let's see, he loves sweets, taffy and licorice. Sherbet and frozen yogurt. Not a fan of chocolate. He loves the Celtic designs. He has a necklace hidden under his shirt, it's a Celtic shield. A warrior symbol of protection. I heard him get really upset when one of his siblings took it and tried to pawn it. It's real silver and made in Ireland. His grandmother gave it to him, she was a nurse in the army, and claimed that it truly did protect her. I only know a little, ask Arigorn the leader of Ares. He knows more and lives near him." she said flipping the coin in her hand.

"What do you mean? Here we train and get stronger so we can survive better outside the border. " He said simply. Clearly he didn't talk much and he was reaching his limit for today.

Citrus yelled and jumped nearly as high as the two people. "di immortales!! Don't frighten me like that! That isn't a question you ask after nearly giving me a heart attack!" He shoved away his hand. "And stop doing that! I'm vertically challenged and only two years younger then you you stinking overgrown beanstalk!

Julia shook her head "you don't understand, i meant like fun?" Juliia finished the tea and stretched out blowing a lock of blue hair out of her left eye. She smiled at him softly as she got ready to walk off but she looked at him "uhm, where are the uhm cabins again?"

Aren smiled, slipping into the shadows at the edge of the arena and vanishing. Drawing his arm back and aiming carefully to avoid vitals, he threw his katana like a javelin straight towards Rob.

Fae nodded, then yawned sleepily. "Oh wow... hadn't realized how tired I was... guess I'll talk to Arigorn in the morning." Curling up into a ball, she began drifting off on Azure's bed.

Ryche laughed. "I'm actually just over average height, so you can't use that 'beanpole' line on me. And did you just dodge my question...?" Ryche raised his eyebrows. "You DO have a girlfriend! Who is it?" Snickering a little, he continued. "If you hooked up with Kara I'm sorry for ya, bud."

Rob was looking around when the katana stuck right into his leg. He growled in pain but picked the katana up putting it awkwardly in the big sheath on his back. He had a slight limp but he pressed another button on the hilt and a shurikan shot out aiming in the general direction his opponent was.

West's hand was instinctively at their side in a moment, though they managed to halt this movement when it was clear the sudden arrival was not a threat. Slowly moving their hand away from their side, they watched the two campers interact, clearly being friends of some kind. "My name is West," They replied with a warm smile. Was it common at this camp to introduce yourself with your parent? What about the ones who didn't know? "That teleporting-type trick was neat. How'd you manage to do that?" They'd never met any Zeus kids. Was that a normal ability for them? Could be dangerous to fight against if they got too close.

"it's almost dinner. Don't go to sleep. " she laughed and pushed the girl off her bed.

"Why? Because you like Kara? Or the fact her tiger can eat me for a snack and use you for the main course! I don't have a girlfriend so shut up lightning rod!" He snapped.

Arigorn got up and lead her to the cabin she needed. "Chariot races, capture the flag, sing alongs at campfire after dinner. It's all supposed to be fun for we have short attention spans. If its boring, we don't pay attention correct?"

Julia looked up at him and pushed his shield though it didn't move and was a playful gesture. She tilted her head as she thought of something "can we sit by each other at the campfire? i don't know the other people that well." She gave him big puppy dog eyes, she pulled the small bag off of her shoulder though the Minotaur had gotten it once the main thing was still in there as she held it in front of her, fable haven, one of her favorite books.

Aren easily anticipated the shuriken with the distance he'd put between them and shifted so that it passed by him and flew into the wall. Calling his blade back to him, he began pacing silently. He could wait here. He had time.

Fae clumped off the bed with a "Kya!" of surprise. Sitting up and raising an eyebrow, she spoke. "Hey, I think I mighta hurt my head back there. Wanna check while I grab my dagger?" Sticking her tongue out she hopped up. "Cmon, let's get there before the Ares campers. Zeus knows what kind of mess they'll make."

Ryche shrugged at West. "I blitz. I've always been able to. You should see some of the party tricks Hades campers can do if you think I'm impressive."

Turning back to Citrus, he gave a smile that wasn't quite believable. "Hey, calm down, Citrus. I've had a heck of a year and I really don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry I teased you about the girlfriend thing."

Rob started on his way into the shadows his blade ahead of him blocking most easy attack opportunities towards his chest. He scanned every direction to make sure that he would have time to block the next attack. "we are sparring so that means we are friends right?"

"Usually one sits with their respective cabin, but I am a councillor, so an exception could be made"

"I know better then to trust you now! Yeah... they do make a mess. Apollo cabin fall in!" she called, others having joined them in the short time before dinner.

"Oh no, you don't mess with nemesis campers, they can hold a grudge! Hurt me? Ha! You'd have to go through Arigorn to do that... and a bunch of nasty tricks up my sleeve. It's fine man.." he lightly pushed him with a smile.

Materializing behind him, Aren grinned. "Of course. You dropped this back there." Holding out the shuriken from earlier, he shrugged. "Dinner's probably soon. Call it a draw?"

Ryche shook his head, going back to his usual cheerfulness. "So how's camp been while I was gone? Dad send over any new guys for me to break in?" Turning to West, he continued. "And how long have you been here? Lemme guess, you're a Hermes, neh?"

While the conversation between friends progressed, West looked away, taking their bag off and unzipping it. Digging through the contents, they frowned slightly before finally pulling out a bag of granola. Opening it up, they idly began picking a few pieces out to eat. "Mmm, afraid not. I'm actually just here to drop off another camper and make sure they settle in fine. I don't have a good relationship with my parent so I won't be sticking around longer than I have." Besides, it wasn't like anyone was going to give Hyperion a cabin any time soon. They could probably get away with Apollo since the whole God of the Sun thing was similar to fire but that wasn't a path they wanted to go down. If Apollo actually showed up and revealed they weren't one of his kids, it would be a pretty big indicator they were lying. But just refraining from remarking left everything really open for interpretation.

Rob had a huge smile on his face and hugged him tightly lifting him off the ground after sheathing his sword "yay a new friend!" As if on Que the conch horn signaling dinner sounded off. Rob nodded at the other camper setting him down as he started on his way to dinner.

Tom looked at the rest of the people in hade's cabin and shrugged "guess it's time for dinner, we should head on out.

Julia covered her ears and ducked unsure what the sound met. Instinctively she moved behind arigorn's shield pressing close to it as if hugging it though she didn't make it obvious that she was there an image of herself where she was standing a minute ago.

Azure lead Apollo cabin to the mess hall and sat down with her siblings. Kara moved away from the border reluctantly and lead her small cabin to dinner.

"That is the call for dinner. I need to lead my cabin..." He called the councillor for her cabin over, introduced them and nodded to her before heading to his cabin... a dozen or so of rowdy kids who all stopped and formed a military type line when he approached and went into the cabin, returning a moment later leading them without his armor on.

Citrus sighed. "You should join us for dinner. You can sit temporarily with Hermes. Dad never minds a new traveler. Well.. gotta go." He dashed off and lead the typical overcrowded cabin to the mess hall.

Alex followed behind the two older campers and sighed heavily. His sweatshirt back on confining his wings once again.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Julia's stomach growled at the mention of food and she stood behind the cabin counselor. She moved behind them taking a seat at their table like she was told to do. Her eyes roamed around taking in all the new people.

Tom had his cabin mates, all three of them follow him to the table and sit down. He sat down his leg twitching slightly as there were a lot of people around and he wasn't able to tell anything about any of them, avoiding looking at anyone.

Rob sat with his cabin laughing as he arm wrestled some of them usually winning being one of the strongest ones. He saw that there were only two more cabins waiting for and He looked around and tried to find the one who looked the saddest or most out of place people to trry and make them feel better. He walked over hugging tom who freaked out and pushed the big guy away. rob looked down but then hugged alex hoping he didn't push him away "your brothers a meanie, you will be my friend right?"

Edited by voltage

Ryche scanned the tables and decided to sit with Ares. Arigorn could be a bit... stiff at times, but he was still a great guy. He'd missed the old guy. Settling in across from the silver haired counselor, he let out a small sigh. "Have you ever seen someone die, Arigorn?"

Fae was in shock. Looking around the Apollo table at all the food, she elbowed Azure. "How is this even legal? It all looks so delicious! And everyone's wasting it in the fire!"

Sliding into his seat, hopefully out of Rob's notice, Aren began to set his plate.

At the sound of the horn, West frowned slightly. Glancing down at their bag of granola, they shrugged then zipped it up and placed it back in their bag, they started to follow when, suddenly, someone small hugged them from behind. Looking back, West smiled and patted Narcissia on the head as the little girl began to pull them in the direction everyone else was going.

“Come on, everyone’s eating now!” Narcissia declared. “You can sit with me,” She added, dragging West over to the smaller table and sitting down next to them. The Hypnos group seemed rather small, probably because the personification of sleep tended to spend most of his time doing exactly that. Sighing slightly, West sat down at the small table next to Narcissia, glancing around at the rest of the camp as they assembled.

Alex gasped and whimpers. "Yes! Please just let go, too tight!" He coughed and wiggled in the bigger boys grip.

Azure laughed as she got up. "Its a sacrifice, an offering to the gods. There's more food, but every meal we give the best to the gods and then we eat." she explained as she dropped a buttery roll into the fire. "For Apollo."

Arigorn nodded, looking saddened. "My baby bother was mortal, killed by the manticor..... a child of war always seems death at some point. I still think I could've saved him. The beast saw weakness and took advantage of it. But a child, let alone a mortal isn't meant to face monsters.... " he said softly as he pushed his peas around his plate.

Rob let go immediately and looked away "sorry didn't mean to hurt you. i just wanted to hug my newest friend." He chuckled before giving the best part of his meal to Hephaestus sitting down with his cabin talking and joking.

Julia gave some of her food to Hecate before eating. She sat close to arigorn not quite used to anyone else yet.

Tom ate in silence his leg twitching as he tried to stay as far from everyone as possible.