voltage

Future of the demigods

Tom looked up at him with a huge smile on his face "you shouldn't cover it, it makes you unique different, it separates you from everyone else, i mean it probably causes problems if people want to pick on you but it is something beautiful that i personally would show off everyday if i had it. Tom had the hell hound get ready for a race as he looked up at the boy flying around over head "ok fly boy where should we race too, though i call right now you have unfair advantage you look like a depiction of the so called angel of death and that is slightly distracting me by trying to figure out if you and him are related maybe an ancestor." Tom chuckled playfully getting ready to race though unsure where to.

Rob saw another camper heading to the arena he had just come out of and smiled as he walked up towards the other camper. He stretched his arms as he spoke "heading to the arena to train as well?"

Aren's mouth slid open in what could almost pass for a grin if it weren't so disconcerting. "Why yes, actually. I'm feeling like I need to work out a bit of stress. Care to join me?" His... smile... grew a little wider as he adjusted his grip on his katana.

Rob smiled as he pulled his great sword from its sheath on his back making sure everything was order with the pummel as he walked towards the arena "i am always up for a good spar though i do not know fully what this thing can do yet."

"No, you may. I'll be at camp border. Other campers are very nice and would help you if you need anything." He said before walking off leaving them alone.

"To the beach, then the cliffs and back." He said flatly, looking like he didn't believe a single word he said. "I cover it because people do tease me. Oh know I'm a freak already, I don't want pathetic mortals to look at me like I am. I've told you, my dad is thanatos. He is the Angel of Death. Thanatos has wings. Now get ready...... set..... GO!" A mighty snap, and he was a streak of purple and through the trees and to the beach. He was lightning fast.

Azure giggled as citrus's face turned as red as his hair would've been. "I don't....know you..." He whimpers.

"Oh? Looks like Aphrodite doesn't need to help here....she's a pretty one! Good taste too, better then those horrendous off brand shoes and work out clothes Apollo's always wear. Yuck!" "Help! Please!" The tall colorful haired male did "help" with a giggle and a wink at azure, before pushing citrus's and Fae's heads and making them close the gap. Citrus yowled like a cat getting his tail stepped on and bolted from the cabin after wiggling away.

Nico was doubled over laughing. "He's always flirting but never follows through. I think you shocked him getting so close...."

"You're going to have fun with this aren't you?"

"Yes,... yes I am!" He grinned.

Fae, having closed the gap, blushed heavily and froze for a moment. But just a moment. Snatching up her bow from where it hung on the wall, she leapt in front of Nico and pointed it at him. "Aw, you let him get away... that means you have to replace him." Her mischievous grin returning, she looked over her shoulder at Azure. "Know anywhere we can get a cage for little Mister Cupid over here? He'll probably even be stuck in there, unlike that adorable Hermes kid."

Aren nodded, noting how the other boy held his sword and analyzing how to disarm him best. Analyzing everything. The size of the arena, terrain, shadows, footing, height difference, even noting whether or not his opponent was analyzing as well. He knew he probably had the advantage of speed as he had a lighter weapon and body frame, but one could never assume. He wondered what parent and powers the other boy had, and then to possibly obscure the fact that he was preparing so thoroughly he spoke. "What rules are we going by?"

Tom concentrated using shadow travel as the hell hound started to run appearing under alex at the beach. He had the hell hound running as fast as it could to the cliffs slightly behind alex who didn't have to avoid obstacles. Tom was trying his best to get back first but alex just was too fast. "i mean every word i say, you should know that i don't lie, lieing isn't something that i do often and i certainly won't lie to make someone feel better, i don't do pity. If i didn't feel the way i do i'd tell you straight up."

Rob hadn't really thought of rules but he had been looking at the other kids blade analyzing weak points on the blade. He stretched once to the arena standing his right foot slightly in front of him his sword angled up and out in the direction of his opponent. "how about whoever knocks the other person down or forces them down to the point where they could get killed easily two times wins.

Edited by voltage

West nodded once, waiting a few moments themselves before turning and hurrying out of the Big House. They hadn’t left any of their belongings in the room and instead kept the black bag on their back. In fact, West didn’t seem to ever let go of the backpack or ever let it out of their sight. It was just as worn out as the rest of their clothes and didn’t look like much so it could just be they disliked the idea of leaving their supplies somewhere. Nobody would really know.

Unzipping their grey sweatshirt so they were exposed to a little bit more of the air, West let their feet carry them across the grass, roaming in a random direction. They had already seen the cabins but what else was at the camp? They’d heard things about this camp and how it made Demigods so much more dangerous and cruel than the ones who had never been there before. They hadn’t found anything so far that would suggest that but they had to know. Of course, it wasn’t just a question to ask idly so exploring was probably the best way to encounter it. Also, avoiding the Big House probably let them better avoid the horse and the babysitter. The last people they wanted to run into were Chiron and Dionysus. So they let their feet carry them across the grass, looking from side to side at the camp surrounding them.

"Awww, honey, I'm already spoken for! My little wise girl wouldn't like you keeping me in a cage. I'm glad you think I'm worth it though" He grinned at her charmingly. "I see you have a taste for jewelry, I just so happen to be a designer and maker like my father. Perhaps I can make you a few pieces inspired by your fashion sense and father? Ah, and a light blue gem would bring out those lovely eyes!"

He tilted his head beaming down at her.

Alex snapped his wings again, kicking back sand and zipped off again. He shot passed the cliffs, pivoted on a wing tip and zoomed back to the pile of rocks landing without even gasping for breath. He was used to keeping high speeds for long times. His back and shoulders strong from the constant use of his wings outside the camp.

Fae waved a hand at him dismissively. "Oh, it's not you. You're not nearly as adora-" She stopped suddenly and her eyes lit up. "Did you just say jewelry? Yes! Please please please! Wait right here." She went over to Azure, slightly embarrassed, and whispered a question in her ear. "What do you think that Hermes kid would like? And... um... what's his name?"

Aren strode to the center of the arena alongside Rob, each bowing to the other. Smiling coldly, he looked up and said "May the better man win." Shifting his weight so that he was sideways and his left foot was sticking out towards his opponent, he lowered his center of gravity a little by crouching slightly with his right foot. Bringing Kotegiri up to eye level, he held it parallel to the ground with the blade down and the tip pointing towards Rob.

Azure continued to giggle. " His name is Ali but everyone calls him Citrus. He likes anything orange. good luck..."

Nico waited quietly rolling on his toes waiting for her to return. a smirk on his lips.

Kara was once again joined by Arigorn at the top of the hill. she had began to pace along the border, antsy for some sort of a confrontation with monsters. she was ready for some action.

Returning to Nico, Fae glared and spoke in a mock angry tone. "Know that I'm letting you off easy here, Cupid." Smirking slightly, she went back to her normal tone and started listing. "Earrings, rings and necklaces please. Nothing super dangly. And... could you make a bunch of it... um... orange..." Looking away and blushing slightly, she lowered her voice almost to a mumble on the last word. Looking back up and glaring (for real this time) she finished with "And if you breathe a word of this I'll kill you myself, mmkay?"

"Not a soul. Rose gold can be burnished to look like orange, so can copper. I'll one up you and do a few Celtic style, oh and yellow topaz, ... is his birthstone, although he likes the color orange, that gemstone would definitely catch his eye... oh! I guess I forgot that the Citrine is for November too! I'd do that one. I'd even do a few beaded pieces orange for you!" He giggled and winked holding his finger to his lips. "Not a soul, not a soul, shall I tell. Cross my heart. I am the best secret keeper in Aphrodite!" He winked again and slipped out.

Azure grinned."Already you have a crush! And you just finished unpacking your things! You settled in fast."

Picking up the pillows and flopping on the bed she smiled. "I have ammunition, don't tease me. Ooh, I have an idea!" A mischievous gleam came into her eye. "I'll ask Nico for an orange dress! There's just one problem though..." Tapping her chin, she shifted her eyes back to Azure. "Do you know Ali's measurements?"

"Now you're talking! No, but there's a few old dresses that we can have shortened that may fit him. Nico can't sew worth his life! Although I hear the new Hades camper made his own clothes and he has style! Broadway red carpet worthy. He'd be the one to go to." she got a devilish grin on her lips, blue eyes shinning mischievously.

Tom chased alex but was way too slow shadow traveling one more time underneath alex but it was draining on him and when he got to the clearing he let the hell hound return back to its home and leaned against the rock "wow, you are a lot faster than even a hell hound and that took no toll on you?"

Rob smiled as he pressed a button on the hilt though all it did was shoot out streamers towards aren he used the slight distraction to swing aiming for a weak point on the blade that would make it hard to keep it a hold of.

Aren grinned. A distraction generally makes for a more confident swing. Easier to punish. Just watch and... there! Seeing a gleam of metal among the bright colors and knowing the distraction affected Rob too, he took his chance. Angling his body to support his blade, he angled it so that the back edge would redirect the swing slightly. As soon as their weapons collided, he twisted his in an attempt to loosen or even break his opponent's grip.

Fae raised an eyebrow. "A Hades with... style?" She shrugged. "As long as you can introduce me, he's perfect. Now to the important part: Do you think we can get Ali to wear it?"

"I'm used to it, I have to fly from school to the underworld and be punctual for Hades and be back for dinner at home or mom would worry." He said heading out of the trees.

Azure started stacking dracimas on the bedside table. "He would.... if you know how to... persway him and lets say it would take a lot more then oranges to make him do it. Yes, it shocked me too. He does this butterfly embroidery and it looks really cool. He wears white too. A kinda, curella De vil type style minus the fur."

Rob felt the connection of blade on blade but he was a Hephaestus kid and knew his sword could take more punishment than that. He kept the blades locked and aimed a fireman's/spartan kick for the kids chest his strong calloused hands keeping his own blade steadily pushing into the others.

Julia ran towards the camp, well multiple julias ran towards the camp a rampaging minotaur had already made two of the illusions disappear so only three of her was left. She was slowing down though her breathing becoming shallower as she tried to yell for help but couldn't gather enough air to get more than a normal volume and ragged voiced help out of her. she could get away if she went invisible possibly but if she did that now she would pass out from exhausting her body and wind up trampled by the minotaur.

Tom nodded and stretched out his legs looking at him "you work hard huh? i havn't seen my dad in some time though usually he makes me guard the fields of punishment and having an empathy link sort of thing with spirits within thirty feet of me is not the best thing to have there, i about pass out each time."

Edited by voltage

So lost in their own thoughts they were that they didn't notice the running camper until the two collided. West, being taller and practically always walking anticipating something would hit them, only faltered slightly at the sideways collision. Their left foot moved slightly to the left to compensate for the sudden shift, only to immediately snap back into place as they noticed it. Walking with Narcissia had clearly taken some of the recovery time away from them. They would have to work harder not to move.

Turning their notice now to the camper that had hit them, West eyed the shorter boy, head tilting slowly forward so they could better observe the kid. Boy, was he short. How old was this kid? "Careful," they remarked, raising an eyebrow slightly. "You can run into something more dangerous if you run without looking ahead of you."

Kara leapt into action. She dashed down the hill passed the girl and at the minotar. Arigorn behind her covering the girl. He had dropped his heavy shield at the border and scooped her up running up the hill. He didn't stop until they were really past the border.

Kara fought with the minotar, her and her tiger defeating it and kept a horn.

"S-Sorry.... running from-... never mind. I'm usually the one who gives the surprises. " He bent over gasping for breath. "They call me Citrus. You?"

Julia was panting heavily close to passing out as she pulled out an inhaler taking a few puffs from it trying to calm herself though she was still shaky. The illusions disappeared as she wiggled out of arigorn's hold " t-thanks, couldn't run...much longer.. about to.. fall over."

West stared down at the little kid. Citrus? If their own name hadn't been West, they probably would have made fun of that. Of course, directional-based names were more common than Citrus. "My name is West," they replied, adjusting the right side strap on their bag so it was resting a little bit better on their shoulder. Looking down at the kid, they decided that due to his height, he must be significantly younger than them. Tossing their head to one side, they adopted a smile as they regarded Citrus. "So what problems are you running from in such a hurry?"

Arigorn set her down carefully in a chair on the porch as Kara took up her place again on the hill behind him. "Take it easy now. You're safe now. " He studied her with his dull blue-grey eyes, taking her hand and feeling her pulse on her wrist. "Tea helps, steam opens lungs better. Any kind in particular you like?" He took off his helmet, his unusual silver grey hair tied back in a ponytail.

"Cool name. Never mind what I was running from... it's silly and you'd probably laugh anyway... not like my Nick name doesn't... you new?" He asked once he caught his breath.

Julia looked up at this giant of a man, she was only 5'2 so she wasn't sure when he reached for her hand, She pulled back slightly at first but let him take her hand to feel her pulse on the second try. He looked like he could break her in half but if he wanted to he would have by now. She studied him her chocolate brown eyes searching him for anything that showed aggression though she found none. Julia shook her head "i..have never had tea.."

"I'll get you mint then, it is the most calming. " He got up and left for a while, coming back with a mug and handed it to her. "There's a little honey in it. Careful, it's quite warm. " He spoke softly, crouching next to her. "I am Arigorn, child of Ares. And you are miss?" He asked.