voltage

Future of the demigods

Tom was a little uncomfortable when the kid got close and shifted away a little bit. He nodded slowly "yes i am the counselor of Hade's cabin, you can pick a bunk and make yourself at home i guess, it's just you me and alex, well the cat too i guess if you want to count animals and spirits we have a full house though the spirits come and go." Tom sat back against the head of the bed and started to play with a Jacobs ladder interested in how it moved.

"I know and it's embarrassing! I got my mom's fair skin and dad's hair and some talents. That's the coast of being half albino German!" she sighed heavily then tilted her head. "The lake sounds nice, but doesn't the reflection off the water burn you more?"

Arigorn shook his head. "No, if she knows her parent, she sees the councillor of the cabin. I am Arigorn, councillor of Ares. She sees Marco ((a filler until councillor is made)). Although she might already seen him. Dreams are stronger for them, and councillor finds brothers and sisters in them, explaining and letting then know what to expect. Cabin fifteen." He lead them / to the simple wooden cabin and went inside. A young man who looked 15 was sitting up and yawning. He pointed to a empty bed on the side where the girls slept snarling another yawn.

Arigorn leaned heavily on his shield trying to say awake.

Alex grinned and waved, glad that he had makeup and long sleeves, hiding his white marks, the only white showing up was his bangs. He looked like he had a hunched back, his wings folded under his sweatshirt of his own making. It was black and white, one sleeve black, other white, a black and white monarch with the wing patterns like finger bones stitched on the back. It looked cool and fit him well.

West nodded, carrying the sleeping girl to the cabin. The simple wooden structure looked harmless enough but as soon as they stepped inside, a strange smell hit their nose. Coughing, they quickly pinched their nose with a finger as they stumbled over to the bed and practically dropped Narcissia onto it. No sooner than they had, a loud yawn escaped from their mouth and they blinked under the soft light. What...

What was wrong with them?

Trying to force back another yawn, the halfblood took a step backwards, away from Narcissia. Why? What was going on? Coughing loudly to try to force themselves awake, they quickly opened the door and bolted into the light, trying to escape the strange cabin and it's magical properties.

Aren headed towards the farthest bed from the other campers, trying to pretend he hadn't seen Alex wave at him. He'd had a bit of socialization already and it'd been traumatic enough. He rally wasn't ready for another... acquaintance. He sat on the bed and leaned back, closing his eyes.

Fae stuck her tongue out at her half-sister. "You're no fun at all, you know that? Besides, that's probably like a myth or something." Rummaging through the bathroom cupboard, she started muttering under her breath. "Vicks... cough medicine... bandaids... tamp- ew, these are old... Aha! Itch cream!"She came back in and handed Azure the itch cream. "That should help with it somewhat. And I'm taking this back now," she continued, picking up her pillow. "Never gonna know when I need to throw it at you again."

Arigorn followed them out and yawned shaking his head. "Cabins do that. Apollo's makes you feel like rocking out. Mine you are angry and can tell where the land mines are.... don't ask, I don't know why they are in there either... Poseidon with the ocean, etcetera. It happens. You know where you go? I'll lead you to the cabin." He offered, shaking his head after taking off his helmet to rub his eyes.

Alex looked a little crestfallen that the newcomer didn't wave back, but he knew how hard it was on his first day. He picked up his hand scythe and turned to Tom. "I'm going into the forest." He started walking out then stopped and turned back to the new camper. His voice soft. "I'm Alex, I know it's a little difficult adjusting from the dead to the living, but your all siblings here and very lucky to have others who understand each other so well. I've only been here for a week, and I made my bed over there." He pointed to the coffin in the alcove. "Yeah it's a coffin, but my mom and I take care of a graveyard and well, it's a part of home. If you want me too, I can build you something out of stone or wood. Or cloths. I made this sweatshirt, you like?" He grinned, his eyes wrinkling at the corners.

"like now?" She grabbed her pillow and hit her with it giggling.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Aren looked up tilting his head slightly. "I can't... talk to dead people. I don't talk... very well... in general." He shrugged. "I'm fine on sweaters though..., thank you." Smiling slightly, he turned away and began rummaging through his things. Finding his audiobook player, he stuck in the earbuds and resumed where he had left off in the second book in the Kane chronicles series.

Fae, caught off guard, fell over and hit the floor. Slowly getting up, she winced. "Owwww... where'd you learn to pillow fight? Ares?" Standing up unsteadily, she wobbled over to Azure's bed and flopped on it. "I have such a monster headache now...,"she said, muffled by the mattress.

Now that was a scary thought. Combined with Narcissia's ability to walk between dreams, it was a very dangerous place. If other children of Hypnos could do the same...well, they hardly wanted to be anywhere near the cabin when they fell asleep. Narcissia had accidentally walked their dreams before and they had no desire to relive that experience. Trying to explain their dreams was not an easy task. "That's fine," The replied, holding up a hand at the offer to lead them to a cabin. Yeah, no. They weren't in the mood to lie about being the possible child of a god. Who knew who was watching? "I've got a bad relationship with my parental unit. Sleeping in their cabin seems very awkward. I'll just go camp out in a tree somewhere until Narcissia says she doesn't need me anymore. Shouldn't take more than a day or two for her to get settled in."

Tom stood up and sighed "i understand, if many more people show up in this cabin i wont talk well either." He walked to the door and wiggled past alex starting his walk, his katana's sheathed one on each hip. He called back as he walked "i will be heading towards the labyrinth to clear my mind though i may stop closer to Zeus's fist."

"Um.... I've been told the labyrinth entrance was Zuse's fist and that part of the forest is dead and cursed. I.. Um was going to head there too... alone to.... ah... think... your dad is having a lot of kids these days. It went from one to three- er- four.." he slipped up slightly there. He forgot that they didn't know he wasn't exactly related to them. "I make more then just sweaters, but okay.." He dashed out after Tom, the little cat indeed following him to the trees. He tried to get ahead of the child of Hades while scanning the skies for Pegasi. Hopefully they weren't having lessons yet. Being placed in Hades cabin, they automatically get opted out of the lessons. Which is good, he didn't have to have them anyway.

"Forest is dangerous. I can get you a room in the big house. Besides, cleaning harpies aren't to picky, curfew at night." he said quietly.

"no I just like harder pillows then the ones they offer. Drama queen, you belong in Aphrodite with that!" she giggled at the newest camper's dramatics "or on stage with that talent."

Aren breathed a quick sigh of relief, then hopped off the bed and headed into the bathroom with a flashlight. He started running the sink and messing with the water and the light until he made a rainbow. Checking to make sure nobody was around, he flipped a drachma through it and began to call...

Tilting her head towards Azure a little, Fae opened one eye. "I'm being totally serious here. It wasn't the pillow, it was hitting the floor. Could you check my head to see if anything's broken?" Forcing herself to hold back a smile, she gripped the pillow on the other side of her body tighter, just out of view of Azure. "I just want to know if I got hurt too bad."

Tom acted at first like he didn't hear the slip up but he was smart and once they stepped into the forest he spoke calmly. "you said three and "your" dad instead of ours, so i believe that you aren't hades do you belong in Hermie's then? are you unclaimed and just said hades claimed you because i don't think that would be a good thing to be doing, i simply want to clear my head and relax and it's best when im alone but i'm guessing since you were coming out here too i won't be alone.." He made sure to try and keep alex kinda distant though alex was an exception, it was like he was covered in death almost as bad as a spirit or a skeleton, he seemed to be strongly affiliated with death which made tom feel slightly more comfortable around him.

Edited by voltage

West was more than slightly suspicious at this invitation but nodded anyway. Sleeping in a house would be much nicer than camping out in a tree. The small luxuries walls and a roof provided were one often overlooked. They could use a rest from always sleeping outside, even if it was at such a dangerous place. Hopefully this… big house would be far enough away that nobody from the Hypnos group would be able to enter their dream. “I would…appreciate that,” They replied after a moment, the word sounding a bit odd in their mouth. Not often used. Huh. “So what do you do at this camp anyway? I’ve heard about it but not that much."

By this time they were deep in the trees. Alex froze, turning pale. He glanced around, shifting from foot to foot twiddling with his thumbs. "Ah... Um... no... I'm claimed just not... not by your father. I know him though and he said it was okay I say there... " he said quietly. "My... don't tell anyone.. please. You should get to know... Um but not here the trees watch." He headed forward to Zeus fist. The area was abandoned, even by the driads, the grass was brown and dry and the place was eerily quiet. Once there Alex hesitated again. With shaking fingers he pulled off his sweatshirt and extended his ten foot long wings with a sigh of relief. Some feathers where grey, others sploched with white, but mostly they were ebony black. He flapped them twice and stretched them. "M-my dad is Hades's right hand man. Thanatos. Only Chiron and Mr.D know. I don't want anyone else to know. Death himself is known to touch someone and they die. I can't do that exactly... but... people would still be afraid. They fear muetre, it is a mala omen." He whimpers tugging on the hem of his purple tank top beneath the sweatshirt.

Azure looked concerned about this."oh my! I'm so sorry about that! I guess I did hit harder then I should've.." she bent over and carefully looked at Fae's head, looking for a lump or redness or a scratch. "Erm... I don't... see anything...." she frowned slightly.

Arigorn lead her to the big blue house they passed heading in to camp. "This is the big house..... He said simply as he climbed on to the porch. "Train. Fight, climb, forge weapons, learn Greek mythology, about monsters and how to fight certain ones. All hidden as activities so what we are taught here, candles be useful outside camp. Survival.

Camp normally for summer then some go one, some stay year round. Capture the flag on Friday night's, cabins team together to fight each other. Very safe though. Chariot races every month, very fun. She's safe here. Very safe, not to worry." He headed inside, not seeing anyone he came back out. "Chiron giving archery lessons, Mr.D is napping. I'll tel Chiron later. I'll show you to guest room. Don't mind Argus, he keeps an... eye on things. Camp security." He smiled a little waving them inside and into the small guest room passing a surfer dude with blue eyes... all over his body. The eyes followed them but he said nothing at all.

Fae's mouth split into a mischevious grin as she rolled over, bringing the pillow up into Azure's face. Quickly she leapt off the bed, grabbing the elder cabinmate's pillow as well, and retreated to her bed. "You started it," she said, sticking her tongue out.

West raised an eyebrow at the man covered entirely in eyes, unable to suppress a small shiver as they passed by him. Entering the Big House, they glanced around briefly then frowned slightly. Chiron and Mr. D. The horse and the drunk god. They would certainly have to tread lightly being so close to a god, even if it was that one. The last thing they wanted was a fight here. They'd kept their nose out of trouble so far and didn't need to cause a fuss here and now. "Narcissia will have to stay here all year, then," West replied. "She doesn't have anyone else to return to when summer ends. Not that I think she'll mind. She's been going off about this place since we found out about it." It sure was going to be different with her gone. Less mouths to feed but also no one to talk to.

Tom nodded as he picked up the cat petting it as he walked up to alex, gently touching his wings. He smiled as he took a step back "nice wings, its a cool color scheme too. I understand what you say i won't tell anyone. you are like the right hand man to a hades cabin mate too then if you want i believe that's how it works?" He chuckled and smiled at Alex "i think it is pretty cool and no need to be nervous around me i wont tell, it explains why i'm more comfortable around you then others. things that have been around death or associated heavily with it i can understand more about them, usually most people are unpredictable which scares me.

Rob had finished training and started to walk around trying to find someone to talk to. He had his sword sheathed as he walked and scanned around the camp wanting someone to talk to as he didn't really like being alone.

Edited by voltage

Azure shrieked when the pillow hit her. She laughed. "I guess I did!" "Now tell me why two ladies are fighting? Could it be over me?" "In your dreams short stop now why are you here?!" azure rounded on the older, yet shorter camper. He was three years older than her at seventeen, but it was clear they had some form of friendly rivalry going on between them. "Short! Short! How dare you call me short! I came here to take back something of mine one of your brothers took from me and I hear ladies shirking, of course I'm going to make sure nothing is wrong! If this was Athena cabin, I'd would have thought it was a spider and been a hero by squishing it!" He huffed folding his arms across his chest. He had a Irish accent from living with and in the tiny Irish district somewhere in Florida. Although he was fully American, growing up around such strong voiced people, one tends to pick it up after several years.

Alex let him touch the soft plumage. "It's natural. It's called piebald. Yes, in a way I guess. I follow your father, and therefore follow any children of his. Sometimes I have to go away for a little while. It is my job to bring in lost or runaway souls. Given my dad is Death, well..... it pretty much covers me. " he smiled a little bit twitching a wing.

"So you just brought her here then. You can come and visit during holidays. I'm sure you spent a lot of time together, she would miss you." He spoke like he knew her. "I take care of new campers. I'll keep an eye on her. If you want I can IM, ... iris message you updates every month, you can talk to her then too."

Tom chuckled softly as he nodded "that makes sense, my father sometimes calls me to watch over the fields of punishment and make sure no one escapes but that doesn't happen too often." He stepped back and looked towards the labyrinth thinking about the field of punishment made him shudder as he had felt basically what the punished had to go through. He looked back at alex giving him a small smirk before stretching his legs out. "doesn't it feel uncomfortable to keep your wings hidden away all the time, how about we have a little fun, i want to see how fast you fly so maybe a race, i know you can fly faster than me but if i have a hell hound are you faster than it? this way you could stretch your wings and we could have fun as well instead of just sitting out here."

“Iris….message?” West repeated with a frown. What on Earth was that? Of course they knew Iris, being one of the goddesses, but they had never heard of an Iris message before. Shaking their head, they held up a hand. “That’s fine, we really shouldn’t talk. I brought her here yes, but I’m hardly the best role model in the world. As long as she’s safe here, it would be better if you didn’t contact me.” More than that, they disliked the idea of someone constantly being able to contact them. Especially if that someone was a Demigod. After leaving Camp Half-Blood, they were going to make sure any contact with demigods was limited and ended the same way it had before they had met Narcissia and while Narcissia was asleep. Of course, they could hardly use that method here but as soon as they left, it was back to burning the evidence. “You mentioned cleaning harpies earlier. Do I need to worry about them at all?"

A pillow sailed through the air in a neat arc, hitting the orange haired kid square in the face. After it fell away, it was followed by another. That one was followed by a Fae.

Tackling Citrus and clinging to his neck, she cried out with glee. "Azure lookit him! He's so tiny with his little accent and he's adorable can we keep him?" (Fae is shorter than Citrus) Not waiting for an answer, she began dragging him in further.

The pillows struck him and he stumbled back when tackled the staggered forward. "Um... hi... who are you? And tiny? I'm four feet nine, letterd track star in my school and can leap hurdles higher then me! I am not tiny! "I know he's like a little leprechaun! Although he looks adorable, he's a Hermes camper, and the best thief in there. Keep an eye on your things" she giggled at the two. Citrus was trying to pry Fae's arms off of him grumbling about women and looking around the gold cabin with equally golden eyes. Three small scratches were on his left cheek, possibly making him even cuter, looking like a hurt seven year old then a seventeen year old. "I am definitely not a leprechaun..."

"What you do is make a rainbow and throw in a dracima with a saying..it's a way of communication without technology. No, unless you insulted their cooking or was out after dark, then no... you don't have to worry about them. Here's your room for the moment." He waved to a small plain room with a window facing the camp.

Alex laughed. "I can out fly the kindly ones! I'd gladly take the fields over where I have to go sometimes. Yeah, it does.. although I don't have to hide them outside camp. Just here the Mist doesn't cover them. Outside they look like a black and white patch work jacket. I wouldn't mind a bit of a stretch though."

Tom summoned a hell hound and sat on its back. He smiled softly at alex and the hell hound did a small circles as tom pet it. "i am glad that you are alright now. You have very nice looking wings, what is piebald though? i am curious."

"Well, dictionary definition is; one that has a spotting pattern of large unpigmented, usually white, areas of hair, feathers, or scales and normally pigmented patches, generally black. This alternating colour pattern is irregular and asymmetrical. Animals with this pattern may include horses, dogs, birds, cats, pigs, and cattle, as well as snakes such as the ball python. I have what's called....Vitiligo... it's piebalding in humans, where patches of skin losses it's color and turns white. I.. cover it though. The white hair is natural because of it. " he explained as he climbed the rock and beat his wings twice, lifting into the air.

Fae pouted a little. "But if we put him in a cage then we won't have to worry about him stealing anything." Turning towards him, she stared deep into his golden eyes and leaned in closer, nearly brushing his lips. Gazing intently at him, she murmured "C'mon, that wouldn't be so bad, would it?"

Having completed his Iris message, Aren strode out of the Hades cabin seeming slightly angry. Pulling his katana out of a shadow along the way, he headed towards the Arena to see if anyone was there who wanted to spar.

West looked at the plain room, looking more than surprised here. Despite the fact it was mostly bare, it looked surprisingly comfortable. To be completely honest, the nature of the room felt very strange to them. It was so foreign that it didn’t feel safe. They’d spent too long sleeping with their backs against the wall. Could they even sleep on a bed anymore? “Thank you,” West said, remembering their manners as they turned to the demigod. They didn’t want to dwell in the room longer than they had to, honestly. It would work to sleep there at night but remaining in the confined room for too long felt as though though they were going to suddenly be attacked. “For now, would it be fine if I took a walk? I’m not sure if this camp has rules about that sort of thing but I’d like to look around and just generally wander a bit."