Pyreclaw

Anime movies?

Me and my brother watch movies every Saturday night, and we take turns suggesting movies. Quite frankly, it is my turn to suggest a movie. And the problem is we've watched every anime movie ever, so now I have to dig everywhere.

If you want to say the movies you've watched as well thats cool too! I also don't mind talking about them but I don't want to spoil anything too badly.

(Please refrain from saying spirited away, we watched it like twice already ._.)

Movies I have watched include:

• All four Inuyasha movies

• The whole Madoka Magica Series

• All of Evagelion that is available. (4.44 isn't out yet)

• Colorful

• Princess Monoke

• Tokyo Godfathers

• I don't know the name, but it was a world where there were "inverts" that fell out of the sky, and the MC meets an invert that is hanging onto his fence.

• We watched the Infinite Stratos OVA. Sure is "family" fun...

• Higurashi OVA was watched in the same night.

• Liveaction time? Live action time. All of Death Note

• Ruroni Kenshins

• the DBZ movie. (spare me the pity)

• The recent Dragon Ball movie as well, the Super Saiyan God.

• Both Higurashi live actions

• Persona 3 movies.

• many more, don't remember.

Suggestions appreciated!

Ghost in the Shell is a must-see. It's the most beautiful anime I've ever watched, the art is absolutely breathtaking. It was made in 1995 but there's nothing out to-date that beats it.

All ghibli films are a must-see, as well. My personal favorites include Castle in the Sky, The Cat Returns and My Neighbor Totoro.

If you're looking for a series to watch, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is my comfort blanket. A heartbreaking story, with a kick butt array of characters.

If you're looking to go the horror route, Elfen Lied is a good anime, as well as Corpse Party (although I think the game is better)

If you need any more suggestions feel free to PM me (:

Edited by Lady Artemis

Ghost in the Shell is a must-see. It's the most beautiful anime I've ever watched, the art is absolutely breathtaking. It was made in 1995 but there's nothing out to-date that beats it.

All ghibli films are a must-see, as well. My personal favorites include Castle in the Sky, The Cat Returns and My Neighbor Totoro.

If you're looking for a series to watch, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is my comfort blanket. A heartbreaking story, with a kick butt array of characters.

If you're looking to go the horror route, Elfen Lied is a good anime, as well as Corpse Party (although I think the game is better)

If you need any more suggestions feel free to PM me (:

We have watched the Cat Returns, and My Neighbor Totoro.

We don't necessarily watch animes, but we've watched Elfen Lied, and he's watched both FMA's, and I have watched Corpse Party and played the games.

And we've watched Ghost in a Shell.

I'm starting to think I have a bingewatching disorder.

Wolf Children was a good movie.

Haven't watched in forever, but X:TV was a good series. There's an older accompanying movie too. It's good if you like stylized CLAMP stuff.

Hellsing is another entertaining series. I'd recommend watching the OVA as its a closer adaptation to the manga.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was already mentioned, but I second it. Definitely one of my favorite series.

Code Geass is another great series. It's got a lot of drama and action. There are some funny moments too and some sweet ones. There are 2 seasons and there are plenty of surprises at every turn.

Yu Yu Hakosho is an oldie but goodie. Especially if you like a lot of fighting.

Also, not sure if you're into Final Fantasy 7, but there was a movie made which picks up about 2 years after the first game ended. It's called Advent Children, but I recommend watching the 'Complete' version a sit has more footage and explains things a bit better.

Sword Art Online is also pretty interesting as is Fairy Tail. smile.gif

There is a Michael Arias movie called Tekkon Kinkreet which has an amazing soundtrack, and is about some orphan kids dealing with yakuza taking over their town. I've never watched it, but I'm sure it's great.

^ Tekkon Kinkreet is amazing. I do recommend you watch it though it does sort of get quite dark towards the end.

Like others have said, I also recommend all Studio Ghibli, especially the ones directed by Hayao Miyazaki - his range include my favourites from the Studio such as Ponyo, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service.

I haven't watched many anime movies outside of Ghibli, but for one which hasn't been mentioned already, I would probably recommend 'Paprika'. The plot is quite confusing at first but I found it quite lovable. happy.gif

Edited by lovecats99

I would strongly recommend Kara No Kyoukai. The animation done by Ufotable is absolutely gorgeous and the dark fantasy plot is one that I enjoy very much. There are in total, 8 main movies, 2 epilogues and 2 remakes for Kara No Kyoukai and I would recommend treating them as a series rather than individual movies as just simply watching even the first three films will probably leave first-timers to the series very confused. But the plot will eventually make sense as pieces start to connect and you'll be drawn in to the story before you know it.

Even if you don't end up enjoying the story, I think just the beautiful animation alone will make this series worth watching!

Edited by ranger X92

I remember enjoying these:

Blood: The Last Vampire - it has vampires in it tongue.gif... jokes aside, a good horror flick with loads of action

Like the Clouds, Like the Wind - set in ancient China, it follows a peasant girl on her journey of becoming a Lady of the Emperor, cute and fun

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro - awesome adventure flick, from Miyazaki from his pre-Ghibli days <3 <3 <3

Metropilis - sci-fi movie, based on the manga by Osamu Tezuka, it has an excellent story

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind - yeah, one of Miyazaki's greats - a must see if you like his work

Paprika - psychological thriller, set in the 'not so distant future'

The Princess and the Pilot - feeling romantic and like airplanes and beautiful oceanic vistas? This flick has a nice story, good characters and a believable romance, but nothing too sappy.

Escaflowne: The Movie - a good fantasy-adventure