Esko

You As A Dragon 2.0 OOC

Ooh look. A chatzy

Can't rp without an IC thread!

A note to roleplayers; new roleplayers, I suggest you think before joining. I will expect a lot, so please think about it a lot before trying to join.

~~~~~~~~~~

What if I told you a tale, a tale of dragons?

Not just any dragons, but a tale of humans, just like every one of us, becoming dragons?

One awefully normal morning, a village was attacked by a group of terrorists. Normally, these kinds of groups were crushed instantaneously, but this attack was caused by one group of dozens, part of a whole terrorist network called 'Xesothol'. All of Galsriem was shaken by the acts of this movement, and were shocked upon hearing the intentions of this terrible group of people: they wanted all of the human race under the control of a dark force, all of the men, women, and humanoid beasts apart of this brainwashed to believe they would get good out of this horrifying act.

The group attempted to kill all of the human powers who could stop them, but the news of their evildoings spread too fast to an adolescent girl, a young soulmancer, and a Magi dragon. Aided with the power of souls and mana crystals, the trio were able to change humans into dragons, in order to try and stop Xesothols' wrongdoings.

These rich, poor, and in-between came from all different races and ancestries, from prisions and glorious palaces. No matter where they came from, or what they did, they were targeted by this young trio to be turned into giant flying beasts- and not all of them could fly. And every single one of them had one goal- to stop Xesothol and right the world once more.

In the midst of the turnings, the first human turned dragon started to go mad. This human/dragon, a Golden Wyvern, had been a dragon too long and forgot his humanity entirely. Seeing all humans as a threat to 'his kind', he became a merciless human murderer and slayed any human he could get his claws on. This act of madness only showed the mental instability these human-turned-dragons had, and created one more trouble our heroes faced.

With a crazy dragon killer, a terrorist group hellbent on the enslavement of humankind, and the human/dragons they counted on possibly going crazy, there was only one question; will the cursed ever save us all?

~~~~~~~~~~

What is going on

Yup, YAAD, the famous sandbox from before, has come back- this time with a plot. You are, of course, playing a human turned into a dragon, along with any draconic (or human) buddies you may have. All of you have been found by the trio and turned into dragons, then gathered up and explained your mission; to take down the famous terrorist group threatening humankind. Once your task is given to you, the ones responsible for transforming you into dragons dissapear and leave you to lead your own destiny- while destroying humanitys' threat.

However, the crazy killer mentioned before desires nothing but the extinction of mankind. Now, you have to juggle crushing a dark force and the people serving it, a crazy human-turned-dragon purging on humanity, and possibly becoming mentally unstable in the process. So, I have to ask you one thing; are you up for the task?

Setting

Our story is taking place in the world of Valkemare, on the continent of Galsriem. We won't be in one simple place through the whole rp, but we will jump around throughout our time here. See the DC map for details about what the continent looks like, ect. Oh, and the time this takes place in is medival, like the game. So, there are scrolls, but no phones or anything of the like.

We will be storing important places here, as we come up with them.

Important Recorded Places

Great Mana Cave- underneath the center of the continent, only known by the trio

Itty Bitty Transformation Into

First, the trio puts you into sleep forcibly. Then, you go into a series of painful and terribly frightening nightmares, and every single one the girl ends up saving you. After seemingly endless nightmares, you wake up as a giant beast known as a dragon. Woooh.

Waking Places/Extra Waking Info

The current waking area is in the Great Mana Cave, the area where all starting players, well, start. Dragons will still be asleep while others wake up, giving people time to jump in before the next location is chosen. If dragons wake up after the trio first explain what is going on, the ones awake before can explain what happened

Extremely Important Characters and their Players

The Soulmancer- Tulvir- Me

The Girl- Harley- MyaMouse

The Magi- Deki- MyaMouse

The Killer- Esko - Me (duh)

This list will continue to grow. By important characters, I mean chars important to the plot. Not just anybody can waltz in and force their character to be important; either it is already written in the OP or it grows on the story over time.

Rules

-Like I said above, nobody can waltz into the rp and force us to make their character the special snowflake of them all. Whatever happens in the rp happens, and if your character slowly gets a big part, cool! But don't try to make it happen right away. On this topic, no pulling cheap and cliche tricks like what main characters in TV shows and stuff do. Like, no imaginary voices telling them cliche stuff in their sleep while they are surrounded by flames in their dreams. Point is, keep the cliche away

-I am God in this. Whatever I say goes

-Personally, I like morbid violence and gore, but the mods don't. Try to keep things on a PG-13 level, okay? This also goes for swearing- I swear like a sailor, but mods don't like that.

-Make an intro post. No sheets here. To be specific, make an intro post describing the transformation. Godmodding with the trio is only allowed in this instance.

-No Sues, godmodding or powerplaying. Also, no mind readers. If there is something in somebodys' mind, it should stay in their individual mind unless they choose to share.

-Drama, romance, and the like are sure as hell not needed. But it can add a little spice once in a while c:

-Any help is appreciated! I want this to last a while, and any effort put forth is welcomed.

-No character limit! Go crazy!

-The main character of all your characters should be you. This is You As A Dragon, after all!

-Could it be possible to at least try to put some effort in posts? I understand sometimes if you cannot post much, but too many little posts and you're out.

-I do allow OP dragons, yes. However, the player who wants that dragon has to first PM me saying they want the dragon. Then, I will discuss with my council and cast a vote. If more favor the player having an OP dragon, I will grant the player permission. If more reject, I will say they cannot. This is to ensure that no random player will just run around with an OP dragon.

-Anybody with OP dragons that abuses them will have that dragon forcibly killed. Same goes for players who try to sneak an OP dragon without permission.

-I have an activity rule in place; If you go for a ridiculous time without posting, I will place your character up for adoption. If nobody claims that character within two days, that character will be killed (or in the case of a trio, replaced).

*Only DC dragons, please. No made up dragons that do not exist in Valkemare. No using Completed Request dragons until they are released into the cave.

**PM the word 'Buckalicious' after you read this so I know you read the whole topic. I really did not want to have to do this, but due to some ignorant players (not naming names) I had to put this rule in place.

***Rules are subject to change, be added, or removed at will WITHOUT WARNING

My Council

The council members will have their own little chatroom and help me run the rp. They will become especially needed as the roleplay grows. Council members are chosen when I feel like I need more, and are picked from some of the most trustworthy members. Council members who misbehave and break rules will be booted and somebody else will be chosen in their place.

-beiningtian (Pyro)

-skwerl56767 (Blade)

-Doctortear (Doc)

ADOPTION CENTRE

This is where characters of inactive players go for two days to have a chance of being played by somebody else. If you decide to adopt a character, me or another council member will give you information about that character. A quick info thing of a character here will be listed, along with how many days until death

Name/Specie/Gender/Age(Time)

Centre currently empty

Extra Tidbits

Official Soulmancer description by Mouse

​A soulmancer has the ability to see, talk to, and use souls to enhance his or her abilities. By using the soul's energy, they can transform to the creature the soul belonged to, be it dragon, animal, or human (if they aren't already human in the first place). Soulmancy cannot be learned, and the caster must be born with the ability to see, communicate with, and apply souls. Being born a soulmancer is extremely rare and tends to run in families, or families which have a history of communication with souls. Most soulmancers cannot harvest souls from a living being, which is why they have to kill a target if they want their soul (although most do not do this, and stick with wandering souls). More powerful soulmancers can take the soul of a living being out of its body for a short amount of time (Tulvir cannot do this yet), but if the soul is separated from its body for too long the body can die. The souls that are most commonly used, wandering souls, are a type of soul who have not gone to rest and instead wander the mortal plane invisibly to most humans.

Now, get ready. This is about to get crazy.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Woo, it's back up!

I'll be importing an old character if you don't mind-though since this is a new story, I might not import any others. (I'd put in a character sheet too but you said intro posts only, no sheets. tongue.gif)

When will the IC thread be made? Just curious.

Edited by skwerl56767

Wooh, the life of the party!

So...go ahead! Though I did enjoy Vlyainne and Shetne, they were cool (no pun intended ha-ha)

And only intro posts. Sorry!

Edit: I dunno when the IC will be made. Maybe when a few people confirm joining and Mouse confirms she is in?

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I am in, but only with Harley and Deki, since I'll be killing off Amara's gang one by one in the war, and what's-his-face, the thunder king, I'm pretty sure he'll be replaced, and after that he'll prolly go away for the most part.

I uh... Might be in?

Also, just picked out something. 'famous terrorist group threatening human kind...' should be 'infamous terrorist group threatening human kind...'

infamous? inFamous? Second Son?

SULD...

*sigh*

I think you are in a lot of rps already. Since you are relatively new to roleplaying, I would suggest you stay away. Work on quality before joining new stuff. Get what I am saying?

Mouse

You can start off even without Amara and her gang. This is entirely new, with the basic concept of YAAD.

Ooh look I made a chatzy

Most of the Rps I've joined are dead

or dying

With the exception of a few

Like Distortion

Or maybe SNS is being revived

and some more

I dunno

but the rest

have fallen

and are dead

Edited by SULDhasno

Crazy flaming SWALLOW bringing in her character too.

Edited by beiningtian

Most of the Rps I've joined are dead

or dying

With the exception of a few

Like Distortion

Or maybe SNS is being revived

and some more

I dunno

but the rest

have fallen

and are dead

SULD, please, don't do the mega large spaces in between lines. It kills the eyes

I still advise you to stay away. The rp does not seem like one you would enjoy, and I will expect a lot and be extremely nitpicky. Also if you screw up, Mouse will explode and kill the whole thing. So yeah, not recommending you join at all

SULD, please, don't do the mega large spaces in between lines. It kills the eyes

I still advise you to stay away. The rp does not seem like one you would enjoy, and I will expect a lot and be extremely nitpicky. Also if you screw up, Mouse will explode and kill the whole thing. So yeah, not recommending you join at all

I don't always explode, I just don't like RPing with certain people because their posting style isn't to my liking and I don't bother them that much.

I don't always explode, I just don't like RPing with certain people because their posting style isn't to my liking and I don't bother them that much.

Maybe, but you still do. Do you think I want to risk it? I put quite a bit into this rp, I do not want you exploding

Also, you're taking the Magi too? I thought we agreed to not use Deki.

Maybe, but you still do. Do you think I want to risk it? I put quite a bit into this rp, I do not want you exploding

Also, you're taking the Magi too? I thought we agreed to not use Deki.

No I want my Deki

No I want my Deki

Okay. Gonna edit once my phone stops making my keyboard disappear, reappear, then disappear again

Bump. People can start entering and making their intro posts! The IC should not be hard to find

Yes, the Doc is in! Hopefully

Anyways, I added the OOC link at the top of the IC topic and vice versa. Just in case

I feel like my intro post is too confusing :x

Um, if you catch it before Mouse posts, you may. I mean, we are always open, but before Mouse posts would be easy for you to hop in. Hopefully when she comes in, the trio will pop up and explain the mission while the girl scolds the soulmancer for killing somebody

But this means you ABSOLUTLEY CANNOT be lazy with anything here. No exceptions.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Psst, Esko, I know you're on 3DS but:

"Ah, yes, hello there! Are you two alright? That was quite the scene; I do hope you didn't get hurt." The Green asked. I sighed and rolled to face the Green.

Bethany said that, not Devorah. Beth's the Cassare, she's not a Green.

((Hey Blade, how about Darkgoldenrod? ))

Darkgoldenrod was Lance's text color-just playing it safe really. Though I think I've made up my mind on text color, I think Slategrey works best. Though if it's too bright, I might switch over to Darkslategrey.

Heh. I spy a character import or two. tongue.gif

EDIT: Maybe not. Darkslategrey, now that I look at it, also tries to blend in with the text. xd.png There's just no winning with grey colors. I'll stick with slategrey for now.

Edited by skwerl56767

Psst, Esko, I know you're on 3DS but:

Bethany said that, not Devorah. Beth's the Cassare, she's not a Green.

Whups. Actually, I got the phone back, so that makes it worse. I'll go fix that

Edit: yes you do, Blade, yes you do =3

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Um, if you catch it before Mouse posts, you may. I mean, we are always open, but before Mouse posts would be easy for you to hop in. Hopefully when she comes in, the trio will pop up and explain the mission while the girl scolds the soulmancer for killing somebody

But this means you ABSOLUTLEY CANNOT be lazy with anything here. No exceptions.

Wait, is this a jump-in? Because I can't find the sign-up sheet.