Skypool

Pokémon: Distortion Games OOC

Oops. I'm sorry, Switch |D Archios hasn't put Frey's sheet in their post with the rest so it didn't cross my mind as I wasn't paying attention to names, just ages.

hehe that's ok nwn I guess it kinda doesn't matter since I don't think anyone would elect Frey to lead any group

I don't rly wanna make Freys friend myself cuz it's more fun interacting with other people... I guess they could just not show up if nobody's up for it

Edited by Switch

Roxanne can be Frey's friend if you'd like, Switch. :3

Sorry for the really lengthy post I just made |D

Sky, do inform me if I got any basic information wrong. I tried basing as much as possible off of the OP in the IC thread.

EDIT: Archios. Branwen never touched one of their Poké Balls.

Edited by Narvix

I meant Miteki

edit: You're right. My comma placement in that post is strange.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Sky, do inform me if I got any basic information wrong. I tried basing as much as possible off of the OP in the IC thread.

No, nothing wrong. c: You were fine.

_

Once our group begins to split up, we'll spend a bulk of time developing characters and their various relationships; side-plots can be convened as well (gym battles, helping out with the apocalyptic world, etc.).

After that, I suppose heading to the island is next, and honestly, I've been playing with a little plot twist in my head, so be flexible about portraying the island until then. I'll reveal it once we get closer to time. cool.gif

Oooohhhh plot twists! I love those. :3

On the factor of subplots, what will we not be allowed to do?

I don't think I can give an answer in concrete terms at the moment, but conceptually:

• Keep the limits of your character in mind. Testing out their powers is easily exhausting, and for some of the more powerful champions, potentially life-threatening.

• We'll be limited to Hoenn for now, so interregional travel is a no go.

I can add more as we progress. Succinctly put though, if you're questioning its viability, run it past me!

Okay! Those are good to know!

I'm going to place these here so I don't forget them and, if anyone wants to jump in for a subplot, they can know what to expect.

For Cathy, I'd like to:

1. Have her explore/discover the full potential of her abilities.
  2. Undergo a bit of personal delevopment. (i.e. She becomes less hateful.)
  3. Possibly have a situation where her cancer becomes very inconvenient.

would roxanne work? since she's like 16 right and frey's 20? i dunno i mean i wouldnt mind i was just wondering ovo;;

id like to get frey to open up more and show more facets of his personality myself...

Oh, crap. She is sixteen, isn't she? I swore I had her down for seventeen. I actually might change that. If you wanted to, you could say that Roxanne and Frey's families had been close growing up, thus they were friends despite the age difference or something like that.

It doesn't matter to me either way—just know that Rox is open for that position if you need her to be.

if u wanna change her to 17 thatd be cool ouo if u want

how big do we want each group to be?

also would romance be a thing for anyone? im not really preoccupied with it i was just wondering since most rp groups ive seen specified if it was allowed or not. maybe thats just me tho

Edited by Switch

No romance for Cathy aha. Too young. Maybe a child's crush if she ever got passed her hatred enough but, otherwise, no.

There are currently 16 people. We could do four groups of four for a mid-sized dispersion but, I think it'll mostly depend on how many characters want to go alone/in duos.

well yeah that makes sense for cathy

hmm true ovo; id like to get with three ppl or more i think thatd be fun but i dont really mind all that much

Edited by Switch

Erm... Purple... It could just be the wording but, you've made it sound like Brandon's been Palkia's Champion for more than a day again. At the end of your post. :v Just lettin' ya know.

Anyways, I was kind of hoping Roxanne would travel with Branwen and Cathy since she's the only one Cathy likes so far out of the group besides her mother. |D She's not going to enjoy being with Miteki or Takaki for sure, neither with Brandon.

And, did Brandon decide to ignore Cathy's suggestion of putting Pokémon back in their balls? x3

Edited by Narvix

I think I'd rather go in a duo, maybe a trio, as anything more would kind of go against Brandon's character.

Erm... Purple... It could just be the wording but, you've made it sound like Brandon's been Palkia's Champion for more than a day again. At the end of your post. :v Just lettin' ya know

Yeah, I actually had written "last night" to begin with, but then I thought that maybe it would have taken some characters more than a day to travel to Fortree, (And Brandon has no idea how long he was out before Miteki/Takaki woke him) but if that's not the case, I will change it.

And, did Brandon decide to ignore Cathy's suggestion of putting Pokémon back in their balls? x3

And no, Brandon only had one Pokemon out anyway (Blade). I did have more out earlier, but I had Brandon return them for the exact same reason Cathy suggested, only he returned them a little earlier.

Edited by Purplepotatoes2

Huh. For some reason, I thought he had more out. Too many pokemon running free. |D

Fair point with the travel time. OOC, I don't think it has even been 24 hours for the characters.

Ah geez, romance isn't something I was thinking about. I mean, the other adults could try to do a thing with Branwen but I doubt that's going to happen. No touching Cathy though, Branwen will cut you.

Branwen and Cathy are going to stick together but anyone else is welcome to come with them. Just keep in mind that while Cathy barks, Branwen can bite if need be.

Eh, if romance happens, it happens, but know that Brandon won't be the one initiating anything.

Switch, if my post is a little big for you to read easily, the last four paragraphs are the only ones truly important those outside of Cathy's mind.

haha i wasnt really thinking about it either i just remembered bcus i didnt see any mention of it in the rules. if it's allowed i guess frey wouldnt be opposed to it. it might help his arc actually. buuut if it doesnt work out im cool with that.

to get frey to go with anyone theyd probably have to ask him themselves...

@narvix: thank u i got it ouo/ thank u for ur consideration

Edited by Switch

Erm... Purple... It could just be the wording but, you've made it sound like Brandon's been Palkia's Champion for more than a day again. At the end of your post. :v Just lettin' ya know.

Anyways, I was kind of hoping Roxanne would travel with Branwen and Cathy since she's the only one Cathy likes so far out of the group besides her mother. |D She's not going to enjoy being with Miteki or Takaki for sure, neither with Brandon.

I was hoping likewise as well; Roxanne would love to travel with Cathy and Branwen. If you're up for it, Narvix, I could easily see Rox and Cathy forming a sisterly-type bond as time progresses.

-

As far as romance and Rox goes, whatever happens, happens. She isn't actively seeking a relationship, but if someone manages to worm their way into her cold, narcissistic heart, well, then they've managed to worm their way into her cold, narcissistic heart.

She's not going to enjoy being with Miteki or Takaki for sure,

Nope, definitely not.

Nope, definitely not.

I would concur.

And the bros/Lillia might get there a bit late to crash the party, with my obvious falling asleep last night