AroaraAngelwolf

Demigod and monster rp

Mercedes propped her elbow against the open car window and waited for her to get in. When she froze and looked of into the distance, Mercedes couldn't help but follow her gaze into the woods. Far off into the distance, you could just barely make out the orange glow of a fire reflecting from the smoke produced. Why was this girl so bent out of shape about a little fire? Wasn't that how forests were suppose to go? It seemed better than the clear cutting they were doing on the edge of town.

Whatever the reason was, the girl was just standing there now, "Uhhhh, Hello? Do you want a ride or not?" she asked after a few seconds more of waiting, "Or do you need help or something?"

((how2write more for you guys.))

No animal would dare come close to the burning tree. That was the plus side. Only a human would investigate it, as everyone must be alerted already. The man absentmindedly picked up a twig, waiting for anything good or bad to come by, before throwing it into the fire quickly after seeing bugs were on it. If the latter came by, he'd have a "natural" weapon to use against them. Nowhere to hide, though.

Voislav took a moment to really observe his surroundings. All the branches of trees, at least the ones surrounding him were very high up, moss covering most of the thicker, less hidden ones. Small boulders provided a natural seat to rest on. A squirrel bounded through the fallen leaves and sped past him to the gloom beyond his ring of light. Randomly a girl ambled in followed by a tougher looking, dark-haired man. The Russian stumbled back as quietly as he could after seeing the latter berate the young girl, who seemed rather cat-like in form. Well, here's my help. He thought, deciding to introduce himself.

"Privet*! My name is Voislav Orlov, from Eastern Europe. I was heading toward the town, and I started this blaze. Sorry if it hurt you in any way."

*informal hello.

Edited by serce2

Rosemary quickly got into the car."the monster chasing me had flaming arrows and was in that direction. Sorry..... my name is Rosemary.. call me Rose." she hung the sickles to her belt again.

Rain awoke to find a bowl of berries and meat being thrusted to her. She rubbed at her eyes stretched before taking it from him. "Thank you very much." The events of last night came back to her, and she frowned a bit. She mustn't forget that she'd only just met this guy. He could be bad news underneath his niceness. Although... She couldn't help but feel that she could trust him. "How are you feeling?"

((You double posted Chico))

"Better, and glad you didn't kill me while I slept. I thought you would. ..... have you seen a woman, five foot one, short white blonde spikey hair, punk like look, sky blue eyes in town? Or a girl, two inches shorter then me, red brown hair that's long with amber gold eyes? Two boys with messy long hair and red brown eyes look like twins.. only about six.... they're a bit rough with each other and always are fighting?.... I've been looking for them... have you seen any of them? I can describe all seven of my younger siblings to you..." He looked at her, a panic and longing in his eyes. He's been alone for vary long time..... and he wanted his family back.

----------!-------!!!------------

Crow froze and turned to the voice, shouting something in ancient Egyptian, a warning to any who could understand it. When nothing happened next spoke in English. "We are not harmed, thank you for your concern. We .....uh..... my friend here wanted to check out what made this fire. .... we will get going now...."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Oops... My phone is crap with posting at the moment.))

Rain just shook her head as he described his siblings. She might have seen them about, but they certainly didn't come to mind. Eating a berry thoughtfully, she regarded him. "Well... If you help me get back, we could both go and look for them..."

He shook his head like a mad dog. "I won't go nere a human town. Only the girls and pups went with mom. The last house we lived in was a three day hike away from civilization. Towns in this area have hunters, and hunters kill wolves on sight. I'm also afraid to say, I lived wild for so long... I'm more wolf the human. This is even the longest time I have spoken to anyone...." he sat in his strange crouch, now it was light out, scars could be seen crisscrossing his chest, and even a burn like mark that looked strangely like a crucifix was on his chest on the left side. More smaller burns stood pale on his tanned skin."humans have silver every where. Silver burns me. Silver, werewolf bites and scratches, and hydra claws are the only things that leave their mark on me."

"This is not how I usually converse," Voislav started, "but I have no weapon and am lost here, bound to attract..." He paused, unsure of what to tell them, "...wild animals. If you could spare me some arrows or if I could join you two until the next town, I would be grateful."

The Russian picked up his crossbow and drew a little closer to the warming fire. "Have you seen a woman with two scythes and, this sounds crazy, with animal calming and plant powers?"

user posted image

"Hello!" Cheryl smiled a smile to rival the sun, aiming her cheerfulness at a group that consisted of two young girls and three young boys whom looked around her age. Her mother had been gone for a bit longer then usual and the young Medusa had decided to go on adventure to save her from the evil dragon that was surely holding her captive.

That was what she told herself at least, but under that paper thin lie she knew her mother was fine, but she wanted an excuse to go outside herself. Cheryl wanted badly to meet kids her age and go on adventures with them like the heroes in her storybooks.

She could see it now- these children and her, they would become the best of friends and lifelong companions. They would reach a suitable age and the kingdom's princess would be stolen. Cheryl and her friends would go through an epic journey full of bearded wizards, mischievous fairies and evil dragons to save her. Her hair quivered in happiness at just the thought.

A loud high pitched scream snapped her from her happy thoughts. What was wrong? Was someone being attacked? Cheryl's eyes quickly shifted to the young girl whom the scream had belonged to. Her brown eyes were wide in horror and as Cheryl met her gaze, her mouth froze, not quite closing in a small oval.

Cheryl herself could feel her eyes growing warm. It was extremely subtle. Never having that happened to her before, Cheryl was certain it wasn't normal. Had something gotten in her eye? She blinked to get rid of the strange heat, as soon as she broke the girl's gaze the girl let out another ear piercing scream.

When Cheryl had opened her eyes again the girl had turned her back to the Medusa and had started to run. Face clouded with confusion, Cheryl turned to the girl's wide eyed friend, hoping for an explanation. They seemed to be staring at her hair, their faces displaying shock. The boy looked up at Cheryl, as soon as she met his gaze her eyes grew warm again, she blinked and when she opened her eyes the boy had let out a hoarse shout for the rest of his friends to run while turning to follow the brown eyed girl.

Panic and hurt mixed in with her confusion. Why were her future friends running from her? "Wait!" She cried out, but the children had ran like they were a school of fish and her the shark. "Wait..." Her arm reached out to the quickly shrinking silhouettes as if she could pull them back and ask them why they were running from her.

This wasn't how it was suppose to be.

Cheryl threw open the door, dreading the scene she would see. Panic and fear had settled in her chest the moment she had heard her gentle mother scream. The scene that laid in front of her made her blood run cold.

Crumpled to the ground was her beloved mother, white hair dyed red with her own blood as a pair of teenage boys sent blow after crippling blow to the already limp figure.

Why?

The blood curdling scream of a young girl orphaned girl pierced the stillness of the forest.

---

user posted image

Cheryl woke with a start frowning, her eyes were warm and her cheeks felt wet. Had she just dreamed about her memories? It had been awhile since that had happened. Wiping away a couple of stray tears Cheryl stood up and picking up her book she gently pressing it into its spot on one of her numerous book shelves. A loud yelp startled her and she jumped, accidentally knocking over her half full cup of herbal tea now lukewarm. Was someone here? Panicking her hands reached for her blindfold, she started to run upstairs but tripped on one of books, crashing in a heap.

It seems that if you look at a others. They'll turn to stone.

Trembling fingers shoved her blind fold in front of her closed eyes, just for extra insurance. To stop her horrible trembling, Cheryl forced herself to take slow breaths calm calm calm she chanted in her mind. Okay. Think. Think. What do I do? If I give them a warning then they shouldn't attack right? Just inform them a have absolutely no intention of harming them and if I some how took something from them they are more then welcome to have it back.

"Please leave! I mean you no harm but if you get to close to me I won't be able to help it." Cheryl begged, her voice shaking.

In response the invader had jumped in through her window, the sound of the impact of his landing almost drowned out by her beating heart, wild with fear. She could hear the clicking of nails on wood flooring as the stranger made his way over to her. Clicking nails? Cheryl let out a gasp of delight and disbelief, yet it was confirmed when the cold wet nose gently touched her hand, in the exact same fashion that she used to.

Cheryl had her name formed on her lips, she was about to ask but then the nose went away and was replaced with a warm human's hand, pulling her up. Cheryl's mouth plucked in a childish sort of frown of disappointment as the man started to talk when the reality of what just happened hit her. Stunned into silence she couldn't find her words and when she finally managed to let out a weak plea for him to wait, he was gone.

---

user posted image

Heavy clouds painted the sky grey, fat drops of heavy rain fell down on her head and ran down her long hair. Cheryl stared at the strange creature's feet, careful not to meet her gaze. She had seen pictures in her story books, did these mini snowy colored furred feet belong to a species that was commonly referred to as 'The Man's Best Friend'? Guilt ate her stomach as she fell to her knees, intensely staring at the creatures' paws a loud sob racked her chest.

She was truly a monster for even entertaining the thought that she could allow the dog into her home as her companion. Yet the abandoned creature and her were alike in a strange way weren't they? A pale finger hesitantly reached for the dog's gray chest, Cheryl could feel her warm before she even touched the shivering creature.

The dog allowed Cheryl to lightly stroke her, growing bolder Cheryl placed her whole hand on her chest, gently plastering rain soaked fur downwards.

You'll be my friend won't you?"

Their relationships had no need for words. Two lonely hearts had found each other.

The two couldn't see the tragedy that would befall them.

Mercedes slapped the car in drive and floored it, ""Alright chick. I'll tell you what. Since you have the whole "can't hurt anything" thing going against you. How about I go with you to confront this monster and kick the censorkip.gif out of it?" She asked. She was heading towards the deforested crescent cut into the woods. She killed one monster tonight, she was feeling cocky.

" Mercedes Locke" She said with a smile, "My moms call me Mercy though" as she put the small town she called home and headed towards the woods, the glow in the distance from the fire was getting brighter and brighter. She pulled into the future insurance firm and slowly made her way down the bumpy dirt road. She passed silent earth movers that lurked in the darkness like creatures of legend. She pulled up to the treeline and killed the engine, "Alright. I just need a few minutes to get set up to take care of your monster problem" She said, getting out of the car, that is, if you still want me to help you"

(cheryl i am just letting you know that Ezra was sitting on the windowsill and talked to her since he had nothing else to do.)

Julia shrugged as he looked the guy over, she didn't particularly want to help him when she saw his crossbow but then again if it was to eat hunting was necessary though he could always eat berries. Her ears flattened and she quickly put the hair pins on watching "no i have not seen a girl with weapons running around why is she your daughter or something?"

Voislav tried to hide the crossbow, as subtly as he could, when he caught the girl noticing. He squared his shoulders and replied, "We met up earlier ago. I don't know whether she's human or demo- never mind."

The man inspected the two. They both looked to be African, somewhere warm. Maybe the tropics? He heard they were a snow-less place. He returned the gaze of the woman before noticing something furry on top of her head. "Those are nice hairpins. I do not like the idea of fur being used so blatantly, unless they are fake?"

Hfran slunk along the outskirts of the city, second-guessing her decision to revisit them. She heard voices, and swiveled an ear, seeing if she couldn't pick up more of the conversation. Eventually, her curiosity got the better of her, and she plunged back into the forest to investigate. With each step, she shrank down in size until she was around the size of an average male wolf, then crept up to a dank cabin to see the commotion.

Julia had still noticed the crossbow as he started to hide it. Julia could tell he was hiding it to try to seem less threatening. "hmm so you just met her and wait, you think you met a demon? is that what you were going to say?" julia felt a little uneasy as this guy looked her over and he noticed her ears pinned to her head. She shook her head not trying to tell him that they are real because she wasn't certain about him "that are fake i would never hurt an animal like that."

"You could say that. I am not very sure, most Slavic demons are said to be ugly. Unless things are different from where you are from? She was pretty-looking, and there was no source of water around*. You do not hurt animals? In Siberia we always... ah, nevermind." The man said, relaxing at the shoulders. He focused now on the man nearby. "What are both of your names? And, while I have not answered this, what are you doing in this forest?"

*reference to the Rusalki.

Rose shook her head. "He looked like a human, and didn't say anything about my scent so he isn't fill monster I think. I've heard of them, demimonsters....but I don't think he is a problem. I tangled him up in some reeds."

_____

((Crow is American and has really white skin, almost like a corpse himself...not African, his dad is Egyptian but that doesn't mean he has to look it. And rose was right by a river but ok...))

"I haven't seen the girl. She probably thought you were going to hurt her and ran. There are no nature spirits around here, I live here so I would know. I just like to camp out every once in awhile.....We uh.. best be going..." He backed away seeing the cross bow. No demons he knew of used human weapons. He pulled the girl with him, feeling a sort of connection with the other demigod, seeing in how they both are children of the Egyptian gods...."don't tell him your name names have power to our kind.." He whispers to Julia.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Quickly loosing interest, the wolf moved on. Hunger gnawed at her, but rather than hunt, she decided that she'd find some left over carcass and munch on that; better than simply letting it go to waste. Turning skyward, she scanned for carrion birds- a sure sign of a kill. To her delight, she spotted them, not too far off. Settling into her usual easy lope, Hfran headed that way. At least until the air turned sour with the stench of blood. It was so thick, that she could taste the metallic tinge in the back of her throat. Shock rippled through her as she realized that it was wolf's blood. But what would have massacred them so terribly to the point that one could hardly breath without being suffocated by the stench of blood? A low growl rumbled in her throat out of anger. Humans. It had to be. The volatile creatures were ruthless and violent with little respect for the world around them. Yet what she saw, rather smelled among the blood, proved to be more sickening. It had been another wolf. Or at least, a wolf-like creature. It was only then she heard voices, and she bristled, her vision of the scene obscured by foliage. Had they heard her yet? Or caught her scent on the wind? Whoever it was, she rather not find out, and she crept back silently, her maw quivering.

King's nose twitched and he held up his hand gathering his bow and arrows heading to the mouth of the cave. Being monsters, the two wolves' bodies crumbled to dust after he broke their necks."Wolf! I don't want to harm another one of my kin today. Leave my land, there is deer over the river, hunt there. I have a arrow in your direction, and I rarely miss my target. You have been warned. I ask you to please leave...." He spoke loudly glancing at Rain to keep quiet. The blood of Lycon was strong in scent, it should cover hers and protect her for the time being, but he was still to tired to to be much of a fight.

Her muscles tightened as she was addressed. So, she had indeed been noticed.

"I seek insight to this new human world." Hfran stepped out from the bushes, her ears erect and alert. She showed little interest to the girl standing beside the male. "I do not wish to harm you either," her eyes feel to the ashy remains of what she assumed were the wolves. "So do not give me a reason to." Her gaze then moved to the weapon in his hand, and finally, to him. "My apologies for the intrusion, but I do not know of another place I might find such information. Seeing as how you have company, I could come back later..." The wolf was used to getting what she wanted, when she wanted it, whether it be by force, or other means of bullying. Yet, she saw that he wouldn't be the type to cave into such forms of intimidation. So, although it made her skin crawl, she took the latter, and tried to be polite.

Julia was caught off guard again being pushed to leave. She felt the tug and she tried to resist but he was much stronger pulling her ahead as she hissed lowly and her ears shifted one of the plain metal pins falling as she covered her head "see why i don't like being pulled?" She hissed out slowly at crow slowly backing up away from them both after kicking the metal clip hoping it wasn't seen. "i do believe it is time to go now though, nice to meet you."

Rain regarded him silently, her eyes roaming over him. "You look human enough to pass as one," she said, eating another berry before offering him some. "You should stop worrying about stuff like that. If you don't start getting out and about, it will only get worse. You could have almost passed for human to me. I don't see why your sisters can pass for human but you can't."

King watched as the wolf backed down unwillingly and turned back to Rain, walking back to her and crouched again setting his bow down beside him. He looked down at her words, a blush creeping across his tanned nose. He shook his head at her offer. "I ate last night. You eat more, I know two berries aren't enough. Tell me, are your eyes a light gray......My world is a grey scale. I only know the eye colors of my family because I've been told so, over and over again. I can't even tell of those berries are blueberries or blackberries..... Every half wolf has it's quarks; color blindness is mine." He looked at her from a corner of his eye, peeking through his hair, wondering if she would see him differently. Colors blended in his world, and many times he ran into a wall because the door was the same shade of grey as the wall.

The wolf snorted indignantly, and headed back over the river to track deer. Lowering her nose, she snuffed over the ground trying to separate scents, old and new, from each other. Slinking low, she tracked the herd into clearing. Hfran choose a small fawn after surveying their numbers, and then began the hunt.

Springing out of the brush, the deer started, and began to immediately run. The fawn was pushed from the safety of the center of the herd, making her job all the easier. She cut it off from the heard, pushing it in the opposite direction. It's small form could not move with the same grace as it's older counterparts, and stumbled. Hfran took the opening, and sprung, landing on it's back. It's legs crumpled underneath it, and she sank her fangs into the mammal's neck. Blood saturated her mouth. She'd pierced the jugular. The fawn kicked out, nailing her in the jaw. It was weak, but string enough to loosen one of her teeth. She sank her teeth further into the neck of the fawn, pissed off as the pain radiated down her neck. And then, it grew still. Hfran opened her jaws that now not only throbbed, but ached from pressing down so hard. Grunting, she clamped down on the bony leg, maneuvering it in her mouth so it settled on the loosened tooth. Then she tore at the leg, feeling the tooth pull free of her gums. She snarled past the leg, dropping it, and then spat the bloody tooth out. Without giving it a second thought, she began to consume the fawn.

((I didn't see the wolf post - sorry xd.png))

Rain nodded, taking the bowl back to herself. She continued eating as he talked, looking up when he mentioned the interesting matter of his eyesight. Hm. She, too, felt pink dust across her cheeks. "They're light blue," she admitted with a shy smile. The girl didn't mind that quirk at all. What did it matter that he saw in grey scale?

"I have been told my eyes are blue, but when I look, they are almost white to me." He rummaged about his things and pulled out a black t-shirt that. He slipped it on. "Considering that you insist on me going with you, and I told you I will take you back, I'll go into town to see you home safely. I kept this for such an outing..... gather your things, we are following the river. "