AroaraAngelwolf

Demigod and monster rp

(((What did I say to indicate that she was in a major city?)))

The figure standing on the sidewalk did not interfere. Instead, he raised a chunk of orange topaz under the shadow of his hat and walked away.

Mercedes didn't have time to notice the strange man becasue the stone monster threw back it's stumpy little head and bellowed into the night. She flinched and clamped her hands over her ears to block out the horrible sound as the deep tone resonated thought the small town. It finished it's war belch and leveled it's eyes on Mercedes. The hair on the back of her neck raised in alarm and she grabbed the door handle of her car and ripped it from it's moorings. Well, technically she asked the car to let it go and the hinges listened. The thought of ripping it free made her feel tougher. She focused her powers on the door and fused it to her forearm as a kind of makeshift shield. A shield she would be needing very quickly.

The monster closed the distance between them much faster than she expected a rock thing to move. She barely had the time to bring her car door up to protect herself from the monsters swinging piston of a arm. The blow kicked Mercedes off her feet and threw her back a good four or five yards. As if she learned nothing from Lora Croft, she landed flat on her back, successfully knocking the wind from her lungs and making her see stars. She didn't have time to recover before the monster was on her again. This time it brought it's foot down to crush the girl's head.

She rolled to her left just as the beast's foot crashed down of the street and popped up on her feet again. Within striking range, Mercedes took this opportunity to be offensive. The car door attached to her arm blew apart into it's individual components and reassembled into a gauntlet with a huge metal fist formed around her own

It wasn't pretty but it did the job.

Using her new boxing glove, she swung three good hits on the monster. One in the ribs, one to the kidney, and one to the face. All she managed to do was dent her glove and make the beast lash out again. This time catching her in the center of her chest and sending her crashing into the hood of her car.

Ok, New plan She thought as she rolled off the front of the hood. Using her gift, she began to psychically disassemble her car's engine. The parts hung suspended in the air around her for a moment, waiting for a blueprint from Mercedes. All at once, the parts reassembled into her hands. What was a V8 engine was now a impressively sized gun with a flicker of blue flame at the tip of the barrel. The asphalt man blundered too close and she let him have it. A stream of ignited gasoline spewed from the tip and coated the monster in fire. In no time the sweet smell of hot tar filled the air and the humanoid's extended hand began to drip like candle wax. It's eyes ran down it's melting face as Mercedes torched it.

It wasn't long before her creation overheated and seized up, ending the firestorm abruptly. Her attacker looked more like a charred marshmallow than a six foot creature made of road. She tossed the flamethrower back into the hood of the car and leaned against the grill. What was that thing and why did it attack her? Not wanting to stick around to check if it was dead, she hopped back in her car and turned the ignition.

Sure enough, with all the parts in a general vicinity, she was able to get her Camry running again. Good thing too, she didn't have the money to keep buying parts she broke during experiments with her powers. She made a wide arc around the sagging mass of asphalt stuck in the center of the street and set a course for home.

Edited by padfoot

Julia walked up and sat besides him "what's wrong? i wont bite unless you hurt me and im nice most of the time." She smiled at him and a small purr escaped her lips as she giggled and stuck her tongue out at him.

Rain watched him, a small spark of interest lighting up in her heart. He was... Peculiar. But he cared. Enough to make sure that she wasn't eaten, at least. She almost protested, almost said that she could defend herself - but then she didn't. At first, she told herself it was because she was still weak. But she could simply take control of the water in a being's body if it came down to it. No, it was something more. He intrigued her. And he had just become a wolf too. It made sense, but it had been unexpected. "Thank you, King," she murmured, feeling waves of weariness wash over her. Rain's eyes closed, and she drifted off to sleep.

((Skip for just out charries?))

((Sorry pad, mealy skimmed it, re read it over tongue.gif bit dyslexic..))

“No!” Rose shouted, the arrow barley missed the bird as it shrieked again. She looked at the man and focuses on the long reeds about his feet, then slammed the tip of the bronze sickle in to the earth. The reeds exploded and grew entangling him. Rose tan as fast and far as she could. The turtle dove flew ahead of her. Yes, lead me mother please! Soon she was running on pavement and skittered to a stop at the scene on the street. Out of the frying pan and in to the fire... she quickly ducked and hid in a store front hoping that the shadows covered her.

--------------------

Crow stared at the girl. He couldn’t simply say nothing was wrong when there obviously was something wrong. He really hated not being able to lie, but it made him creative and colorful in his choice of words. “I simply know I won’t be able to keep up with you, being of the cat goddess you are, your agility and speed is hard to overcome. A simple dog like me wouldn’t stand a chance at any of you kitty games. Plus I find it hard to stay focused on one thing at a time, so I’d quickly get bored and simply chase a rabbit or such other small mammal that lives in these here woods.”

-------------------

((Only just a little bit.. I have something planed for late night.))

King was out patrolling his territory, a fifteen by twenty mile stretch of land he clamed as his own. The moon was full, and snarled ecoed in the cave, the stench of rotted breath wafted over the girl.

Rain was covered with a fur blanket, and her pillow looked like it was King’s vest folded and carefully placed under her head, the deer meat bowl was knocked over like the wolves already ate it, a bone lay not to far away where King had his dinner.

We should eat her, she’s alone, probably killed the little princeling who lived here. One animalistic voice growled, it was kind of whinny and annoying.

No! We wait till she wakes, I like a good chase. A deep rumbling growl sounded, the voice was deep and commanding.

Two large molted grey black wolves with red glowing eyes looked at rain when she woke. They where werewolves, but instead of sleek clean fur like King’s theirs where matted and covered with mud, and dried blood, their teeth yellow and crooked. It was clear they where slaves to the animal in them then human.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Julia tilted her head "then let us play another game, i want to play and dog or not you are the one here that i can play with, also you would have a really good chance at catching me if you tried and we both know that." She saw a squirrel and pounced at it trying to play with it but it simply scurried away and she sighed "aww no one wants to play, not even the squirrels."

((Can't believe I missed this, gosh, I'm so sorry. D:))

Rain awoke, her eyes opening before immediately closing. There was a smell of rotted flesh, something terrible. She heard footsteps of sorts on the cave floor, and two presences leering over her. Her breath caught in her throat - monsters. She started to prepare without even showing - just sensing out a bowl of water in the cave. There.

With that, she immediately leapt up, eyes glinting as she gathered the water with a quick movement of her hand, then snapped it out in a whip at the two wolves. They were pretty damn scary.

((Uh, I believe we're in the middle of the woods? If not, then I'll make Voislav check the town out, too. Also, a bigger "picture" of Voislav: https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/1/6850893/i...328829778.jpg))

As soon as that sickle hit the heart, reeds started to grow around him, snaring him, entangling him, stopping him. Already, they snaked around his body. Voislav struggled to no avail as the plants seemed to regrow faster than he could cut one down. He was unable to teleport as he was restricted from turning around, nor could he shoot the plants as his bow was unloaded. The man didn't want to risk these plants exploding and showering him with water, anyways. Though, except for the feet, these vines seemed a little... loose.

Inwardly cursing his body type, he calmed his panic to look for a solution. While his feet were trapped wholly, his chest was still relatively free of constricting reeds. If he had the strength to remove his relatively poofy coat from the plant's clutches, the man might be able to escape via whirlwind. Luckily the demimonster had the sense to hold his arms high.

Quickly unbuttoning the mass of fur, Voislav held the clothing in his hands and teeth, pulling it upward. Half of it tore away, but so did the plants that were hanging on to it. He threw the rest down, not sparing the time to watch as the vine-like reeds clung onto the fur. The descendant of Rarog twisted around as far as he could, leaving behind only a column of air for the plants.

Sitting down in the clearing(?) where the girl was, Voislav rested from the moonlight in the shade of a pine tree. He was holding on the what remained of the black coat, red traditional clothes showing through. Picking at the lace, he sighed at the fading colors. Ever since he left Russia, he's kept those same clothes for special occasions. It wasn't his uniform, but it symbolized the Rarog for him.

Lights caught his attention, as the wind moved the thick branches of the tree enough for a glimmer to shine through. It was artificial, man-made. The man got up slowly, panting for breath. His eyebrows furrowed as he stepped within sight of a small, rural town, his eyes squinting against the sudden speck light. The village was twenty miles off, lost in the leaves.

((Uh, no feasible person can run 20 miles in mere seconds...))

Edited by serce2

They both yelped and leaped back snarling. Seems like she still has some sprit in her… good, I was hoping for a good fight! The other wolf whimpered and grumbled not looking to happy.

“Interesting.” Kings quiet voice drifted to him. He walked toward them face stoic, emotionless and eyes cold and harsh looking, he appeared downright…evil.. “A couple of half brain twice bit mutts in my cave and an injured demigod is able to make you two back down? How vary weak you two are…”

Twice bit! Mutts! You will pay for that boy! The wolf growled and leaped at him but he grabbed its neck and slammed it in to a wall of the cave so hard it yelped and lay in a heap unconscious. “As for the girl, she is mine to kill but you see…” He grabs her arm yanking her up and poked her lightly in the ribs. “She has no meat on her bones. If she was a child of Dionysus maybe she’d have a bit more sustenance…but Poseidon? They stay in shape.” He dropped her arm and glared at the wolf.

“Get your comrade and scram, find food elsewhere, I do not kill my own kind. That is up to my father to take your lives...” He snarled and the wolf looked uneasy, then his comrade who came to had leaped on him and bit his shoulder. He fell to the ground wrestling the wolf, and the other joined in, biting his arm hard. Maybe if we eat him we’ll be as strong as a direct dissentient of the king Lycon! The wolf bore his teeth and dug in to his shoulder deeply, although king seemed to be holding his breath, trying to snow no weakness no sign of pain.

((middle of the woods yes, but only about twenty or so miles from the town, and the plants obey her, they get out of her way and help her when she runs.)

Before Mercedes could speed away for home, she caught sight of something crossing the beams of her headlights and vanishing into the shadows of a nearby storefront. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion

While she was putting her car back together she got to thinking. Monsters made of road (who was now crumbling behind her) don't just spring up like daisies in the spring. Plus those creepy rock eyes weren't something that collects in the gutter. She found one laying on the ground and it was now stored safely in her jacket pocket for her to check out later. She remembered a story her mom told her when she was little. A story about men made of mud and commanded by rabbi to protect those they cared for. What were they called again? Golloms? No, that was the thing from Lord of the Rings. Oh, Golums. The earth men of Jewish lore. There was no way that was true. Right?

Now she was thinking that story wasn't so crazy now that she saw someone lurking around in the shadows. She slowed to a crawl and crept past the storefront. Her left taillight extinguished was drawn into the interior of the car and reassembled above her driver's side rear view mirror. It now resembled a suspect light like cops have on their cars. The halogen bulb ignited, flooding the storefront with harsh, white light.

There was someone lurking in the darkness. Now they were standing in a pool of about four hundred lumen of illumination. The girl was delicate looking with long blond hair and not particularly threatening looking, probably why she makes rock monsters to do her dirty work she thought, steaming with anger, "Hey, censorkip.gif*! If I ever catch you making monsters to send after me I'll kill you!" she yelled, knowing she couldn't be seen behind her shield of blinding light

"What is with that fowl language? I don't create monsters! I was being chased by one myself!" she shielded her eyes from the harsh light with a bronze sickle the other clutched in her fingers and glowing green in the shadows. "You must be mistaken, I'm a pacifist, I don't attack people. I don't even know you!" She trembled like a wind swept leaf, her voice sounded soft but like she was trying to be brave.

Mercedes heard her plea of innocence but didn't believe her while she was holding those wicked sharp gardening tools. She was a bit weary after being attacked just minutes before this girl showed up. She looked to be about her age so that alone earned her a few sympathy points. Plus, she claimed that she was being chased by a monster herself, "Why didn't you just kill it like I did?" She asked, jerking her thumb at the crumbling mass in the center of the road. She extinguished the light and bit her lip. What could she do? She didn't want to just leave her out here to be caught by whatever monster she claimed to be being chased by. If she was the creator of the golum, she might do it again or cut her throat with those gardening tools.

Mercedes was confident that she could handle the girl if she got rowdy. She sighed loudly and unlocked her doors, "I guess...you can ride with me" she said hesitantly, "You have someplace I can drop you off or....something?". |In her gut, she felt that this was a bad idea.

That girl must run fast. He was barely a kilometer in from the town, and that's while sprinting. The corners of his mouth turned down, as he looked disparagingly at the speck of light that shone bravely through the trees. From here, the man couldn't teleport as he didn't know how far, or what ground he would be teleporting on. Voislav knew already he wouldn't make it past the forest before morning. Running ideas through his head about how to spend the night, he glanced up to climb a tree before it hit him; he would have all the information he needed to teleport to that village from the treetop. The plant he was about to attempt to climb was an alder, the kind not mattering. Due to the darkness, the Russian couldn't see potential hand holds, and, to be completely honest, he wasn't very good at climbing. Usually, he cut trees down.

The nearest branch was more than jumping height away. Stars dotted the leaf-less gaps above him. Looking down for arrows, he found only one, the one that survived the reed attack. The one he shot at the falcon. At the same time, it was his last source of weaponry...

Maybe if he set a tree on fire, some kind Zmey might investigate its source and allow him to fly on it. Now this was pure optimism, but wasn't one supposed to signal where they are if they got lost? Voislav reexamined the arrow. It was slightly bent, a feather broken from impact. It should work its purpose.

He reloaded his crossbow and pointed it upward, moving away from the alder, left of the light from the town. In his immediate location, the bark of the trees was rotten, good for his task. The dry wood came off easily.

Here goes nothing. Another source of light illuminated the forest floor, arcing toward its intended target as Voislav got out of there quickly. Slowly, the edges of the flame licked greedily at the tinder. At least, it provided a respite from the cold. The cause of the fire hid himself in the undergrowth and waited.

Julia had seen another squirrel and went off chasing it through the forest wanting to play. The squirrel also went up a tree but seeing as she had grown bored which happened a lot to her she chased still climbing the tree and chasing it around until a light caught her eyes. It was another fire maybe it was another nice guy and maybe this one would play with her, with that happy thought and curiosity leading the way she hopped trees until she was at the edge of a small clearing where the fire sat though nobody was around it. She hopped around the outsides of the clearings thinking maybe a different angle would help and maybe she would see someone enter but to no avail. Soon after her look out she dropped down out of the tree and walked up to the fire looking around shaking her head as the fire actually threw her vision off and she backed away, yes she had the senses of a cat making her vision even at night excellent but having a light in that darkness her eyes couldn't adjust to see in the dark while looking at the fire.

Rain blinked at King when he grabbed her, poking her in the ribs. Eh? Was he actually wanting to eat her? She felt betrayed for a moment, before realising it was a ploy to keep them from trying to eat her. Things seemed to be going alright, when quite suddenly they were fighting again. Heart beating fast, she raised her arms in front of her and felt for the blood of the creatures. But she was weak, and so, could only take hold of the one biting his arm. "King!"

“I don’t’ kill things…animals or people,” she got up and walked to the care then stopped frozen as a free caught fire. She shook her head. “No, I don’t. My mom sent me to find my own fate, told me I had to be a hero like Theseus or one of those to get a good afterlife.”

Crow watch her chase the squirrel and saw her bound off toward the sudden source of light. “That can’t be good.” He picked up his blade and ran after her. When he caught up to her he whipped her around so she was looking at her. “Are you so insane o go look at a light that suddenly appeared? Surely your mother would teach you something wiser then that! It’s probably a demon that slipped passed Bast in the duat, now come on and get away from here.” He pushed her in the direction of his own camp fire. His dad never taught him anything in person, only in his dreams and through the dead that visited him, and now the shades whispered ‘danger’ to him.

---------------------------

The wolf on his arm let go, just as the wolf biting his shoulder twisted while digging it’s claws in to his unprotected chest, shredding the skin. King couldn’t stop the snarl of pain that came, it was too much. He kicked off the wolf and it landed on its paws snarling at him. He looked at his comrade, who was shaking with fear and staring at the girl, but didn’t move, she was doing something to him. King was still on his back painting, trying to calm his shock at being attacked, and slow down the rapid beating of his heart so he could think with a clear head. The wolf took this opportunity to leap at her, but a hand clamed around his neck once more just as his teeth snapped shut…..scant centimeters away from Rain’s arm, and King did not look to happy.

“I will make an acceptation for the both of you.” He growled and his shape changed in to a humanoid wolf a foot taller then his human body had been, the wolf was gasping for breath as the huge paw was around his neck started to squeeze. “Whatever you’re doing, keep at it till I get back, shortly...” He got up and walked out the wolf thrashing about in his grip. Outside there was a thwack a yip and silence, he came back in for the second wolf and dragged him out by the tail, another thwack, yip and silence.

The fire outside a few feet in front of the cave flared up brighter then the glowing embers it was before, casting an orange glow halfway to the bed. King as a human walked back in with a bowl of water and a soft hide cloth for his wounds. He sat down in front of Rain and grabbed her arm again, this time looking, and sniffing for blood and wolf saliva. If he found any on her it was quickly scrubbed off. “They didn’t bite you did they?” He started cleaning his own arm wound wincing. This girl…..saved him… with the wolves pinning him like that he couldn’t shift, not unless he wanted to get bigger wounds. They could have killed him, but she stopped just one some how and he took control again. It... Intrigued him, no, fascinated him that this girl didn’t believe what he said about eating her and realized it was a ploy. He figured other demigods wouldn’t have thought that way, but what made her do so? He finished his arm and tried to clean his chest and shoulder but he swayed, his body needed to shut down to heal even faster and he was fighting to stray awake.

Julia looked up at him her claws coming out as she noticed his sword feeling threatened by the roughness he was showing even if it was meant to be protectiveness she took it s a threat until proven otherwise. "or it could be a human that got lost in the woods and set up a campfire before going to catch something to eat. I found you out here should i have just killed you without giving you a chance on the basis that you could be a demon?" At the push she let out a low hiss and spun around her claws at his neck in seconds. " do not push me, and if you have a fire out here and there was a demon don't you think it would be smart enough to check out the source of light already nearby? " Julia's ears twitched as well as her tail and she was on edge with the blade drawn.

"Do you think another human would light an entire tree on fire? And see how it isn't spreading? I had a small camp fire... not a giant bon fire! Get those things away from my neck. Just remember my father is weighing your heart when you die sooner or later, and he won't be happy that you killed his son." He glared at the girl. "keep in mind, I can only say the truth.

Rain simply held the wolf in place, sweat starting to bead on her brow. It seemed that King had killed the wolves. This thought sent a chill down her spine - he was certainly fierce. She hated to kill. But he had kept them both safe from harm. She blinked down at him as he started sniffing her arm - but he was helping her to clean up. "Luckily not," she murmured, with a small smile. The girl saw how he was struggling with cleaning his wounds, and reached for the cloth. "Here. I'll do it."

King let out a half hearted growl but handed her the cloth. He was shaking badly and his head was drooping as he fought off sleep. "I-I killed my own kind. Only father dose that to keep the bitten in check... the only thing I've killed was animals to eat, and full monsters in self-defense..... like hydras.....hate those things...No more wolves. I won't hurt another wolf....." he muttered under his breath shivering. The temperature had dropped in the cave turning their breath into mist, but King's body was hot, hot enough to be considered a space heater if it came down to it. The bleeding had stopped but the wounds where yellowish and the claw marks would scar.

Rain frowned in sympathy. He hadn't wanted to do it. It had been a necessity. "You had to," she murmured. "Don't blame yourself. It was them who forced your hand." She took the cloth and moved around to his shoulder. Gently, she patted it onto the wound, then started to make small swiping movements to remove the dirt. Her bright eyes watched him anxiously for signs of pain.

King's eyes locked on hers, the only sign he showed was a twitch of his muscle, and the clenching of his jaw. "Wolves show no fear, no pain. I am used to wounds like this. They hurt, yes, I am not cold hearted; but being alone for five years tends to take the edge off when one depends on their own will and strength alone. I thank you greatly for helping me...Thank you Rain." He looked like he truly meant it, and it was the first time he said her name. His nose wrinkled and he curled his lip showing two fangs, the only sign he was a monster in human form. "Now my home stinks of blood, it'll be hard to scrub that horrible smell out." He broke eye contact and focused on the stone floor in front of him, falling into silence.

Rain listened, finishing off his shoulder. She moved on to his chest, cheeks becoming slightly pink. She hadn't been so close to a boy like this before. B-but it wasn't like that! He was part monster, and she was only cleaning his wounds. Wounds he'd gotten from protecting her... "No, thank you. I could not have fought them off. Look at us now, both weakened." She smiled wryly at their bad luck combined.

A sudden snore was his answer to her statement. He had fallen asleep sitting up. He jerked awake when she touched the cloth to his chest."huh? Oh... yah.....I'll take you back home at noon tomorrow..........zzzzz" The wounds healed but scarred his skin. He swayed and fell on his good side snorted and breathing like a dog would when asleep.

Rain blinked down at the figure that was now dead to the world. Huh. That had been quick. She took the cloth away, placing it back with the rest of the supplies - she wasn't quite sure of what to do with it. With that done, she took a seat on the bed, and curled up alone. Soon, she could go home. Tomorrow. For now, she would rest, as he was.

King started muttering something about salt baths and fur and a girl named Lupa when the sun had risen and illuminated the inside of the cave. He groaned and streched, yawning and yelped when he pulled on the new scars on his shoulder and chest. He sat up rubbing his eyes with the heal of his palm. He briefly wondered why he was on the cold floor when he saw Rain in his bed and he recalled the events of the night before. Silently he got up and went to his smoking hut, where he placed a log in front of the entrance to keep out other small animals and thieves. He took a fresh bowl in to the cave, it had deer in it, but also some fresh blueberries and some huckleberries that grew close to the cave. He waved it under her nose to wake her up. "Here.... breakfast. You didn't eat dinner last night so don't tell me your not hungry. I know you are....." He frowned rubbing his sore throat, he hasn't talked this much in five long years.