AroaraAngelwolf

Demigod and monster rp

King nearly jumped a mile when her hand grabbed his wrist. He stared at her, his hair looked like he had hacked it with a knife, but it was short and messy and clean. He wore buck skin pants and a vest that was cream and white with some brown pelts of rabbits stitched together, it left his arms and chest bare. He grabbed her wrist and shook his head, pulling a bandage out of his pack and placed it on the cut, before pushing her down. "Rest......" He handed her a bowl of water to her and backed away crouching like a dog would sit watching her tough ice blue eyes.

______

Crow shook his head think carefully. "It was a lucky guess.... so.... you're a demigod too....." He lowered the blade hoping that would get her to calm down.

Rain looked at him, his face shifting in and out of focus. He looked sort of scared, really. Maybe he was a hermit or something. She winced as he put a bandage on her head wound, but appreciated what he was doing. Her eyes widened slightly at the bowl of water - it was exactly what she needed. After having drunk it halfway, she put it down and looked at him. "What's your name?" Sshe asked quietly, voice a rasp.

"Why do you want to know? Aren't you going to kill me little half god... daughter of the sea? " His eyes sparked with a ferocity in them and he backed away even more. He looked more like a cornered animal then a boy. He nearly disappeared in to the shadows of the cave, only a glint of his eyes told where he was hidden. His voice was more snarl then words.... then the snarl stopped. "King....... my name is king."

Rain flinched at his sudden harsh words - they had come out of nowhere. Her eye filled with fear as he snarled, and she pushed herself against the wall. She didn't remove her gaze from where he was. Gulping, she tried to rise using the wall, but inly managed to go halfway before. He then spoke his name, his voice becoming less angry. King. "How did you know about me being a half god?" She whispered, fear filling her. Was she in the presence of a monster. "Please... I mean you no harm."

"I smell the sea on you.... and your fear." He muttered softly. "I only saved you for in a way you're like me... half mortal.... half..........immortal. Keep in mind... I am no godling." He came out of the shadows frowning. "Sit down and keep still, you'll only make your head hurt worse." He barked at her half standing up as if to catch her if she suddenly slipped. "and your getting water all over my bed...."He huffed, although the anger seemed to have left his voice leaving a irritated grumble.

He was part... monster? She shivered. He emerged again, and she slowly slid down, taking hold of the bowl again as he complained. "I'll fix that," she mumbled, a hand rising. The water from the bed rose into a ball just beneath her palm, and she flicked it back into the bowl. The previously still hand was now trembling from the effort, and she immediately regretted it. Rain took a long drink from the bowl, but she was shaking and dripped a bit down her front. She didn't really care, and just sat back with the empty bowl in her hands. She took him in again - he was wearing home made furs. Perhaps the son of a hunting god or goddess? No, but he was part monster... It was puzzling her, but her head was too tired to think.

"Lycon.... the werewolf king is my father...." He reached into his bag once more and pulled out a thread bare square of cloth and took her hand lightly and placed it in her hand before taking the wooden bowl back and setting it down. His movements slow, touch light, as if not to scare her. He sat once more in his strange crouch and watched her reaction to his words.

Julia lowered down to a crouch watching him "too? who's your parent?" Julia slowly sat down watching him.

Rain subconsciously drew away a bit as he came nearer. His burst of annoyance and the revealance of him not being human or godly had instilled fear in her. "Lycon..." She remembered now. It made sense. Her uncle had made his father a wolf. Or something like that. And so, they were meant to be enemies or something. Wasn't he angry with her for being closely related to Zeus? Of course, the anger would be misplaced, but she couldn't blame him too much. A piece of cloth was put into her hand, with which she didn't know what to do. He now seemed to have calmed. She relaxed, hair by hair. "Thank you.... my father is Poseidon. But I think that you might know that already."

King nodded. "wipe your face, you have water on it. It makes it look like you drooled. You hungry? I have deer meat. I don't eat people, not like my dad." He stood and walked out of the cave coming back with another bowl larger then the first one filled with chunks of meat and set it in front of her.

_______

"he leads the souls to their judgment, and weighs their hearts against the feather of truth. Anubis, the God of the dead." He lay his sword on his lap.

"Oh." It was a napkin. That was right. Rain delicately swiped at her chin. Quite suddenly, a bowl of meat was placed in front of her. Deer. "I am alright for the moment. I will be om my way soon enough, if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction," she explained. "I got lost on my usual morning walk. And as a daughter of Poseidon, I cannot go for long without water."

"it's almost dark. I don't have nectar for your head, and you seem to be unarmed. Your scent is strong. If I let you go you'd be eaten as soon as you set foot off of my territory. You are safer here then out there." He points outside the cave in to the woods."Rest here for tonight. You'll be fine. I was taught not to harm a lady." He turned into a wolf just then and trotted out of the cave sitting in the entrance with his blue black back to her and his eyes on the woods.

Julia smiled and stretched out against a tree scratching her ears purring. "well then, nice to meet you and is that why it looked like you were talking to yourself?"

Voislav nocked an arrow on his crossbow as night approached. He hated the Leshies. The Russian man just hoped he wouldn't meet the Forest Lord anytime soon.

"Turn clothes inside out and put your shoes on the wrong feet. What a ridiculous demand." He whispered, keeping an eye on the edges of the trees.

Whipping at his clothes, the wind freshened slightly. A flock of birds took to the air, heading for their nightly perch. They wouldn't give him away. Are you watching me, Rarog? There's strange beasts around here, none of which I saw before. Give me some sort of sign of what to do. He knew they couldn't hear his thoughts- the falcons weren't omniscient. Still, they represented purity; they should guide him through this new, different place.

Rosemary kept playing her flute well into the night. The deer below her lay asleep and the branches of the willow swayed in a soft breeze. She started playing the song "Once upon a December". A falcon perched next to her on a branch and covered its head with his wing to sleep. A turtle dove perched on her knee. She smiled knowing her mother was watching her, the bird was her sacred bird.

The forest grew oddly still. Some ways away, a fox laid down and put its russet head between its paws, resting. Flute music seemed to drift across the wind. He didn't recognize the song ((see OOC)). Great, the Leshy is now trying to lead me astray. I better get moving before he starts to annoy. Voislav thought, listening for any leaves being stepped on. Glancing down, he remembered that he still had an arrow on his crossbow. I could risk an encounter for this. He grinned, and aimed the 'bow just shy of the fox. If his aim was any good, it would just startle it.

He pulled the trigger. Immediately, a burst of light filled his part of the forest before being extinguished by the dirt. The effect was what he wanted. The fox, alarmed, sprinted out of the place.

The Russian man sat against the back of a tree, and reloaded his crossbow.

The falcon shrieked beside her and she missed a note making it squeak. She calmed the falcon before playing a Russian type song, ((the one you mentioned)) and played the tune and giggles afterwards. Her father's brother who was a sailor thought her many lively tunes.

Mercedes exited the coffee shop she worked at with a tingle of the overhead bell. Finally, her indentured servitude was finished for the day. She wished that her hobby wasn't as expensive as it was so she could at least afford to work less. Her boss was a dick, the hours were about as flexible as a steel post and her co workers were about as smart as the beans they were payed to grind. She just needed to make a few hundred more so she could start college. She wanted to make a career in inventing and computer science.

Around the back of the shop in employe parking, Mercedes inserted the key into the door of her beat up, black Camry and slid inside. She started the engine (Which sounded much bigger than what belongs in the car itself. She drummed her hands roughly on the steering wheel to the classic rock song she left blaring on the CD player. The music drowned out the sound of scraping metal as she reconfigured the car she was sitting in. When it was done, she pulled out of the parking lot in a sparkling black Firebreather.

What was the point of having these gifts if she couldn't use them on herself?

A falcon shrieked somewhere. The song changed, something more familiar. I've heard this in a ballet before... Was that screech a sign? He stepped carefully down a slight slope. His arrow stuck in the dirt, where the fox used to be. Pulling it out, Voislav examined the point. It showed no signs of damage.

The man looked back at the tree he shot from. This was definitely being led astray. Still, falcons don't betray him, and he has his arrows. Looking toward the source of the now-ended song, he did a complete three-sixty degree turn into a twister.

Now a couple of meters farther, he found himself about to hit a tree. Stepping to the side, the dying light illuminated a girl farther ahead, playing the flute. So this is the Forest Lord? Where's her club? Though, the calm animals make sense. He noticed the falcon. Not a Rarog, but close enough. Now, the question is, do I shoot and kill her, ridding this forest of its mischievous guardian, do I run while I have the chance, or do I befriend her for the benefits it could produce. The man raised his crossbow and placed his finger on the trigger, but didn't shoot.

Rosemary's deer jumped up and ran off. "hey...... huh? Who are you?......ah! Don't shoot!" she hid behind the tree trunk pulling a sickle the bronze glinted in the fading light. If it called for it, she could make the grass about his feet tangle him and she could run.

Julia grew slightly annoyed at the bigger demigod and jumped onto him playfully pinning him not caring about the knife he had. She smirked as she jumped off of him "tag you're it, let see how good at simple games you are."

Ezra felt gold in many houses but most of the time the gold was on a second story and he couldn't scout out who was home then. He came to a promising house where the gold was on the first level and there was a rabbit hole under it. He hopped up grabbing the windowsill and looking in. While looking in he saw a girl with a blindfold on and he shrugged as he looked around the room. Sitting at the edge of the windowsill he shook his head always thinking taking gold from people was what he did best but from a blind person would be a little too immoral even for him. He spoke up curiously "hey lass are you blind or are you sleep walking?"

How'd she notice him? The Russian was about to put his crossbow down out of reconsidering, but he kept it up after seeing the bronze scythe.

Wait. This girl did not have glowing eyes. Nor did she have a scarf around her. She was not a Leshy. Wrong target. I better get out of here. Why did the animals stay calm around her, then? Was she one of the others? Descended from some other creature, unknown to the Slavics, from some warmer land? The only other mythology he could think of was the Norse, and even then the man couldn't remember their pantheon. Only how crazy and bloodthirsty their demigods were.

The new decision came down to how powerful this girl was. If she was an immortal, she could probably kill him before he had the chance to reload. On the other end of the spectrum, if she was a peaceful mortal he had innocent blood on his hands. An idea he abhorred. He wasn't cruel. Besides, what did he have to gain?

"My name is Voislov, descendant of the whirlwind demon Rarog. Who, or what are you, Niemiec*?" He half-shouted back, hoping to seem intimidating.

*means a person who cannot speak a Slavic language.

Edited by serce2

Several blocks away, a man leaned against a dark store front. He sat with his hat low over his face, thick cigar smoke wafted around the brim. He seemed to be waiting on something. Something that he heard moments later.

The sound of a very expensive sports car being driven by someone who could never afford it.

The man pulled his hand from his pocket and underhand tossed two hunks of topaz into the road. the stones skipped along the asphult with small ticks. When they reached the center of the road they stopped with impossible quickness and seemed to search for a spot to land. They decided a split second later, snapping parallel about a foot apart in the center of the street.

Mercedes screamed around the corner in her newly formed sports car with "Radar Love" blasting in the speakers. It was her post work ritual. Blowing out her eardrums and singling (badly) along with the radio, having dinner with the moms when she got home, then a hit from her bong before bed. it helped her handle her ****ty job and keep her sanity. The song was just getting to the chores when her car suddenly stopped dead.

She her face slammed into the exploding air bag, blinding her with fine white powder and making her taste blood. Shards of broken safety glass showered her body, leaving small cuts across her face and arms. She lay still.

That was until she felt the car jolt. It was only slight but it was unnatural. Slowly, she sat back and adjusted the dangling rear view mirror to look through the broken back windshield. the car jolted again, this time sliding back a good foot or two and she didn't see anything behind her.

That didn't stop her from exiting the car as fast as she could. The wreck was bad but she was immortal. Mercedes only suffered a few cuts and some nasty bruises to her face and chest but she would live. She was more worried about the dark shape rising from the ground behind her car. The Thing was still gripped the bottom of her car, so you caused me to stop she thought.

The beast seemed to be made of living asphalt, it's dark form just a silhouette against the streetlight street. It took a step forwards and into the pool of light created by a streetlight behind her. It's eyes glittered like precious stones and it's body was covered in oily black stone. It would make since that it was made of asphalt since there was a monster sized pothole where the beast had formed. Mercedes took a step back, unsure what the monster wanted. In fact, it seemed unsure what it wanted too. It hadn't moved since it took the step forward.

((Pad did you read the occ? The setting is in there and it's not a major city...unless she's in the small town))

I'm Rosemary... demigod daughter of Demeter the Greek goddess of harvest and farming.....w-waite....demon....ahhh.... she jumped down from her spot taking her two sickles out and slipping the flute into her bag. The falcon shrieked again. She sent a silent prayer to Zuse, taking another step back.

-!-!!!!------

Crow froze and remained on his back shaking his head. "I'd rather n-n-not...." this girl scared the wits out of him... this is why he likes the dead... they are a little less rough....

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Greek goddess? Voislav tried to run through what he knew about the Greeks. The goddess of farming and harvest seemed a little... weak, even with two scythes.

Don't underestimate her. He thought to himself. The falcon's screech brought his focus on the bird. While he didn't produce the same Snow White effect this girl did, his human family were falconers. Part of the reason he's descended from a falcon-like demon.

"Come, bird, come!" Voislav called, hoping this bird was wild.

It didn't move toward him, but nearly took to flight after hearing the startling shout. So, this was a Greek bird, then? This was a rare display of bitterness, but the man shot a bolt of flame at the falcon out of frustration, unaware of the demigod close by.