angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Make Breed Sort match Encyclopedia Sort

Right now, the "breed sort" filter tends to rely on a lot of incorrect names (and other oddities), resulting in an alphabetical order that's far from, well, alphabetical. Two headed dragons sort at the top as "2 headed," Guardians of Nature and their Avatars sort under "Lugia," Water dragons sort after Ice dragons for who knows what reason, and Halloween dragons sort as "Halloween Year ____" rather than going by their breed names. I'm fairly certain Nhiostrifes and a handful of other breeds sort oddly as well.

So--for the sake of both consistency and easy alphabetical usage--can the breed sort be reworked to put the breeds in the same order the encyclopedia does?

Water dragons are sorted as "Light Blue dragons". :3

This has my support. Though I do like the order of holiday dragons. I'd rather they sort by year than breed name.

Yes, yes so much. Breed sort isn't really useful to me like this as I can't find what I want easily since I don't remember all the names that are different from the names in the description, so something that was more logical / didn't require looking at a separate list of sort-by names would be really helpful.

Edited by diaveborn

AGREED! It threw me for a loop to find that the scroll's version of 'breed sort' is different than the Encyclopedia's version. Please adjust one or the other!

Yellow-crowned dragons come to my mind, they sort as sun-crowned, but they're never called that in their breed description. Or Golden wyverns, which are Gwyverns - for more than a year I thought that it was a typo and they sort as Gulden wyverns xd.png

ETA: iirc, dinos sort as yoshis, and neglecteds sort as sick

This suggestion has my support as well!

Edited by Ha-Ki

Yes I totally agree with most of this but I would like the holiday dragons to continue to sort by "Holiday" "Year" because it looks nice

The encyclopedia's sorting is inconsistent even within its own entries. All Christmas dragons sort under Holiday+year, but Valentine and Halloween dragons sort by their breed name (Arsani under A, Cavern Lurker under C, etc.). I would love to see both breed sort and the encyclopedia use a consistent sort method--the reason I don't use breed sort is because so many dragons don't sort under their actual name. Support!

The encyclopedia's sorting is inconsistent even within its own entries. All Christmas dragons sort under Holiday+year, but Valentine and Halloween dragons sort by their breed name (Arsani under A, Cavern Lurker under C, etc.). I would love to see both breed sort and the encyclopedia use a consistent sort method--the reason I don't use breed sort is because so many dragons don't sort under their actual name. Support!

I think part of the reason for this is that all the Christmas dragons share the default Christmas dragon description, so the names we use for them aren't actually seen anywhere on site. sad.gif

Don't Nhiostrifes sort as "Twister"s? That's a lot of the reason I call them that.

So much support. Always takes me a while to find my "Gwyvern"s and "Sick"s.

I agree, I actually think the order of both would need work. In my mind, it would make sense to sort the breeds separately... like, put all of the pygmies together, the drakes together, the two-headeds together, then the normal ones and the holiday ones as well. You know, since it's Breed sort. Sort the different breeds so they're in categories. At the minute, Alphabetical sort would be a better name.

It's going to happen at some point.

But there needs to be some sort of care put into how it's done. Because otherwise people will be confused/surprised/angry when their breed sort suddenly changes. Mostly I just need to put in the effort to move everyone using breed sort to some "Deprecated Breed Sort" that goes away if you choose something else.

tl;dr: don't worry, I got dis.