MrSpyro

RWBY OOC thread

Yeah I know but I was just thinking, their aura gives them healing abilities so wouldn't making yourself impervious to pain be a little pointless? Maybe you could have enhanced healing?

And yeah I think seeing a little girl swinging a giant hammer could be funny (as a blunt weapon its harder to picture little people weilding overly large hammers, sharp weapons suit them better).

And yeah I guess being a faunus like that is fine, its just due to the lack of bio I'm not really sure much about her background... is anyone else going to post on the actual thread?

Patience child. Spyro gave next to nothing for us to go on, and it's not like your post did much either. People aren't going to post much with so little precedence outside getting off an airship

...You misunderstand, there's no direction. Nothing to post off of. If you're going toa rgue that there's plenty to do, I ask you to go back and edit your post so that you do some of that plenty. Otherwise, my point stands that there's not really any direction and everyone is just pointed aimlessly in the general direction of Beacon

Was the ooc in your post sarcasm? Also why did you post, weren't you just saying you were waiting?

Lastly... I could barely read your post, the colour was too bright sad.gif

I posted because you were being impatient and I figured I'd humor you

And did you read before or after I edited the color?

I'm pefectly fine with that, Marcus. It's my opinion, not something I am trying to enforce on you. Plus, sure, the idea works well, and it'd give him something more... unique as a semblance.

Lemme check the IC, then.

@Switch: I will get around to critiquing your character later today but it would be helpful if you thought about her personality a little bit.

@Marcus: I'm creating a little girl who was about to have a giant hammer-shield (but I'd be copying Switch in a way). Justifiably, her Semblance is super strength to an almost comical degree.

i don't think it'd be copying? meteor hammers dont look much like normal battle hammers so i think you're fine. they remind me more of flails than actual hammers tbh.

Edited by Switch

Oh. Meteor hammers. Guess I failed my reading comprehension test.

I'm looking over your signup right now and what immediately pops out to me is the fact that Akako seems remarkably similar to Blake at first glance. A first impression is all I really have to go from, since personality and Bio are both 'RP'd.

(You can tell I'm not a fan of optional personalities and histories. I usually make them mandatory so people can start to flesh out their characters before they are even introduced.)

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? The name is fine, fits into the color theme and I quite like it, but I'm curious to know what Akashiya means. Google isn't pulling up anything useful. You also said that being a Faunus was central to her character, but there's not much personality or Bio to go from! It makes me think that she has had a tough childhood or some association to the White Fang like Blake (the whip-like meteor hammer and the black and white top also makes me think Blake, but that might be just me jumping to conclusions). Is there any reason she chooses to dress like a punk?

Her semblance can also be improved to something more personal -- something related to fox fire, perhaps? But even if I personally see way too many Kitsune everywhere I'll respect your decisions. Other than the fact that she is a silver fox but can just as easily be a regular fox. It just seems tacked on to make her extra special.

I don't think shes too similar to blake, as we don't have her bio yet we don't really know.

And maybe her semblance could be summoning silver spectral fox's (similar to Suns) that can act as familiars; scouting, gathering items at her request, and fighting?

I also didn't realise a meteor hammer is just a flail biggrin.gif

There needs to be more orignal weapons... more gun ones, I think I have the most original weapons at the moment. TuM I hope the hammer-shield is a little more than that, maybe the shield could be like a chainsaw! Yeah have a chainsaw axe that can convert to a shield! That would be EPIC!

Mine turns into a massive ball, I don't think Batman gauntlets are more original than that (How many characters can you name who fling bowling/beach balls? I can only think of one)

Ill be honest I forgot about yours Weavile biggrin.gif

Could you explain that to me? Is it like it turns into a ball that can charge at people or do you throw it?

It sounds like the roller mines from half life 2, your ability is static as well so it works... turns into a ball rolls towards the enemy than sparks em!

thanks for the advice! ovo lemme start from the start

okay she's not very similar to Blake i promise. i left the bio and personality blank because i figured the rp would take a while to start and would start slowly so i could have more time to think over if i wanted to change something in there, i guess? i do have it written down it just wasn't finalized at the time.

She has no association to the white fang. Akashiya was partly for alliteration. I did find its meaning at one point but I cant seem to find it again... :U

She dresses like a punk because thats just what she likes I guess? She's not meant to be a kitsune, just a fox. The fire is to match her personality and color.

And I mentioned she's a silver fox because there's different kinds of foxes? Red fox, arctic fox, fennec fox, gray fox. I specified silver fox because they tend to have black ears and I prefer being clear about what kind of animal a faunus is based on rather than just "dog" or "cat" when there's different types that look quite different ono;

I also did think about working fire in there somewhere but I was worried about it being too similar to Yang's semblance? I mean I could add fire if you don't think it'd be too similar but i dunno.

Thats fine weavile I just thought it reminded me of the roller mines.

Also kitsune is the japanese word for female fox so... she is a kitsune biggrin.gif

So what do you think my idea for a semblence for you is Switch? I think having fox familiars would be alright, as you can order them what to do it would add a little bit of variety on how they can be used.

Oi, Spyro, I can maintain the RP for you if you like. I've held several RPs in the absence of their creators, as well as running three of my own

I'd like to speak with you over PM on the matter if that's okay, make certain of boundaries

Username: TehUltimateMage

Character's name: Clementine Cheng

Human or Faunus: Human

Personality: Clementine is someone who takes things literally. She has a hard time understanding figures of speech or the plight of other people, which can lead to conflict when her good intentions backfire in unexpected ways. Sometimes she forgets about her own strength and breaks things either in anger, in excitement, or on accident; sheepishly, she will do anything she can to fix the problem or repair the damage (which often leads to more trouble…).

Appearance: A girl whose default expression is a slight smile with full lips. Her black hair with tangerine-colored tips is tied up into two buns with white cloth covers and peachy ribbons. Overall, her frame is small and light and reaches about 5 feet. She wears an overall dress that flares into a combat skirt in syrupy amber and cocoa brown with creamy white frills and undershirt, as well as cherry red buttons and highlights. Her fashion seems to be influenced by sweets and desserts.

Weapon: Orange Crush -- A giant hammer that's almost her size and nearly three times her weight. Its metallic sheen is complemented by glowing neon orange channels running through it like lava runs down cracks, and it can separate along those channels to form a large shield around her hands with a powerful minigun set in the center. The weapon can also fully transform into gun form. To store it, the hammer head folds on itself into a reduced version of the shield; while no less heavy, it is much more manageable and slung over Clementine's back. Thanks to her Semblance, Clementine can easily lift it with one arm while many others struggle with the weight.

Semblance: Fortitude -- In short, super strength and its associated durability. Clementine can lift things effortlessly and has astonishing force behind her blows one would not expect from someone her size. It also makes her a mean juicer who easily pulverises fruit in her fingers.

Bio: Clementine's semblance has made her lead a somewhat sheltered childhood far from major cities; nevertheless, she is always excited to meet new friends even if they try to take advantage of her naivety. Many people try to avoid making her mad for fear of the consequences.

well, i hope one of us can take over. i was looking forward to this since i've never done a rwby rp before :u

I second someone else taking over, though I hope spyro sees this and approves before going on a hiatus...