MrSpyro

RWBY OOC thread

aahh sorry I guess but being a Faunus is kinda a driving factor for her behavior I'd have to do a total rewrite otherwise D: I mean I could but it'd be difficult

And I figured since other people will join we'll get more humans

a rwby rp sounds interesting ouo

Username: Switch

Character's name: Akako Akashiya

Human or Faunus (Faunus are people with animal features): Silver fox Faunus.

Personality: RP'd

Appearance: Akako has a narrow, angular face with reddish-pink almond shaped eyes and tanned skin. Her hair is deep red with black highlights, shoulder length, and somewhat messily cut. She has a lean build with fairly defined muscles and is 5'5". She has black fox ears on the top of her head. She wears a black leather crop jacket with a very tall collar over a white tank top. She has fingerless dark red leather gloves with spikes, ripped black jean shorts, and dark red camo-patterned combat boots. She has two spike labret piercings and a spike tongue piercing.

Weapon (be creative): Zakuro-Bakudan, a somewhat large, double-headed meteor hammer. The weights can be lit with fire dust or set to explode. They can also detatch from the chain, allowing for further ranged attacks.

Semblance (some kind of power. Don't make it overpowered): She can temporary block out pain. However, she still receives injuries as normal.

Bio (optional): RP'd

I hope this is acceptable ;u; lemme know if anything needs to be changed. I've seen all of RWBY but i might have forgotten a rule or something.

Also her name does have a color meaning.

Accepted

If we can fix up the names so they fit into Black, then we should go with that. We have two B's and an A, as well as a Z, which may not go anywhere, so we need... a L, a C and a K. I'll be taking the C.

Username: KuroKishi

Character's name: Crimson 'Blood' Hawke

Human or Faunus: Human

Personality: Crimson, who often gets called Blood, is a fierce fighter and a strong-willed indivdiual. He has been a warrior from his early life, absorbing all the things he had been taught by his older sister in order to become a good hunter, able to protect the ones he found important. Otherwise, Crimson is intelligent, able to create plans for situations he had been suprised by and having impressive grades. His lifestyle has made him a not-so-social individual, who prefers to work as a loner even when he has a team. However, he treats everyone with respect and protects them if they have agreed to be under his protection, even if they are human, faunus or else.

Appearance: Crimson has short, black hair, which he keeps in a slightly spiky way that faces toward the right. He also has blood red eyes, the main reason for him being named Crimson and having the nickname Blood. He has thin facial features, a small but sharp nose and focused eyes, which always seem to analyze his surroundings.

Normally, Crimson wears a dark red t-shirt, as well as loose, black pants, which are comfortable to move in yet made of a very durable material. Over those, he wears a large, black coat, which he keeps buttoned close except during battle. He has dark red gloves which cover his hands and wears tough, black boots. In class, he wears the standard Beacon Academy uniform, but keeps the top open and the collar raised up.

Weapon: Infernal Slicer, a two-handed, katana-like sword, with three circular joints along the long blade and a flame-shaped cutting edge. The blade's body is made of a powerful yet durable alloy, which has been painted with a blood red color, while the edge is a glistening titanium, which reminds of a powerful, white flame. The blade can fold into a much smaller version, which Crimson can keep on the back of his waist, attached to his belt. Lastly, a single, small rifle bolt-like loader is integrated into the handle, thanks to which a specially-made mix of white and red Dust can be inserted. These dust 'bullets' can be loaded into the blade, which will then power the edge of the sword for a few minutes. When powered, the blade can unleash white slashes of flame through the air, which can be used as ranged projectiles.

Semblance: Crimson can empower his body temporarily, making it create new cells faster and making blood flow much quicker through his body. Thus, he can temporarily increase his body's limits. When powered up, Crimson can move around very quickly and his reflexes are improved. This is where his nickname, Blood, comes from, as the increased blood flow causes his veins to turn visibly red and increase the blood which flows from any wound.

Bio: Crimson Hawke was born to a small family of Hunters, with his father being a professional Hunter for hire, and his mother a military Huntress. He also had a slightly older sister named Mina, who watched over him while their parents were busy working - thus, she was his main role model in life. He learned how to treat girls because she would always ask him to bring her something or help her out, and in return she taught him how to fight and how to use the tricks that she had learned herself.

After a while, Crimson started seperating himself from his family and started training himself, attempting to gain experience which would benefit him on the battlefields. He spoke with old veterans and learned from them, he led simulated battles against war strategists and took part in patrols often in order to gain more information about the creatures of Grimm.

One day, whilst on his way back from a regular patrol, he had been met by a Ursa. Though he didn't know of his semblance or have the skills he does now, the young man did not waver, instead drawing his sword and shield calmly and facing the beast. He blocked a strong hit, moving quickly around, then slashed at the monster's legs and caused it to fall on its side. He then slammed his shield with a powerful swing into the monster's face, disorienting it and breaking the flimsy item in two. Finally, he lifted his sword and slammed it into the beast's head, killing it instantly. Though he was unaware of this, at the time, there had been a wandering group of children with a teacher in the forest, which could have encountered the monster and turned a simple stroll into a small massacre.

In the end, the killing of the Ursa had managed to get Crimson a bunch of attention, which had given him the right to get into Beacon Academy with a free year of teaching. As the young man prepared to go off, his sister walked into his room, a strange box in her hands. She handed it to him, a gift of parting, and he slowly opened it to reveal a strange, red object. It was his current blade, a custom-forged weapon made for him by his sister for 'a time of need'. He gladly accepted before taking off, going to the academy.

Is this okay?

Edited by KuroKishi

Was that Pyrrha in Blood's backstory because. Wow. Why would she help Crimson Blood Hawk in such an indirect way? The time she helped Jaune in this almost exact way was when he had to prove a point to Cardin and show his own bravery.

Pardon my bluntness. I'm only scratching the surface of what I find uneasy with your character.

Okay, that semblance, no. I can deal with a lot, RWBY is practically about being improbable and censorkip.gif, but just no on the semblance

Absorbing blood to heal himself is so absurd it's not even funny. In a more realistic setting it would be dumb because blood has nothing to do with being life force or anything. And in fact having another creature's blood in you is usually hazardous to your health

But then you get to RWBY where there is an actual life force, Aura. Blood is not life, Aura is. He won't be getting wounded very often, because his Aura will protect him. And his opponents Aura will protect them. Only the creatures of Grimm and Weiss have been shown bleeding, and Weiss was a one-time thing

Also, stealing life force in any form is useless in a RWBY sandbox anyway. It would almost certainly be banned in tournaments (draining someone's life force is a lot different than wearing down their force field temporarily) And the Grimm have been stated very clearly to not have real life force (again, Aura)

Note: Stealing Aura would be a lot different from weakening it. In combat it's worn down and suppressed, stealing it would risk severe and permanent damage to the target

Lastly, how does molten metal work? That's are nothing like blood either chemically or job-wise. Nothing has molten metal running through it moving oxygen or nutrients around, in fact, nothing has molten metal running through it at all

EDIT: Also, just noticed you wanted a black team. There's two Cs incoming within the next couple days. They and Buff will be on a team together, unless Spyro decides to pick teams for us. Oh, plus you can only have four people per team. So it'd probs have to be BLAK, BLAC, or BLCK. And last names are allowed as well (Sky Lark is the L in CDRL)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

While I feel you're being a bit harsh Weavile, I do agree blood absorbtion or life absortion is a little far fetched, plus it would be heavily OP.

And saying it has to be ones blood, would that include Amber?

Sorry if it is harsh, I'm just a bit miffed out how sadly this RP is turning out so far. There's not a character yet that I don't have some major problem with. I could go on for hours and hours about most all of them, or only a few seconds because several have next to no information about them (I make it sound like there's like twenty, there's only like four >_< Ignore my dumb exaggerated numbers, you get the point)

And like I said, it wouldn't be OP as blood, because it simply wouldn't work. The only creatures that bleed commonly enough for it to be useful are the Grimm. Despite what the sheet says about Grimm blood working, it also says it has to be their life force. And the Grimm are explicitly stated to not have a life force

It would be op cause people still have blood, that means Crimson would have an ability that can kill people without breaking through their aura first.

Ill be honest I have problems with everyones characters as well... some don't seem original enough.

Can I ask your problem with mine? I'm curious...

im perfectly open to criticism if you have a problem with mine? id prefer it be taken to pm but id be happy to fix any problems i made that i missed. i don't doubt that i messed up somewhere tbh

Edited by Switch

*Sigh* I knew it'd be a bit op. Might as well not have tried my luck... I'll redact my ability in a moment. And no, it's not Pyrrha, Ruby or anyone in particular. I'll fix history, too. Is the rest okay, though?

Edited by KuroKishi

Username: Dotzrus

Character's name: Carolina Celeste

Human or Faunus (Faunus are people with animal features): Human

Personality: Carolina is very reserved in regards of herself. She doesn't like to draw attention and will frequently try to change the subject if a discussion starts focusing on her. Socially she is very willing to help others and speak up when no one else will. Because of her analytical nature, she will usually quietly observe a person before speaking to them, even if they came up to them, leading to an awkward pause in conversation for the first time. In a fight, she is focused, quiet, and observant of the battlefield, locating things in the environment to use to her advantage.

Appearance: 5' 7", with a fit but slender body. She has long straight black hair and light blue eyes. She normally wears a black long sleeved button down hoody with a black fur trim, a white stripe down the center in the front and back and light blue lines making a checkerboard pattern on the sides of it. She had short black baggy pants with the same blue line pattern on the sides, and has black full leg stockings with a blue stripe in the middle. She wears light blue and black sneakers. (Like this but more black instead of white Here)

Weapon (be creative): Amsonia, a three stage weapon, it's first form is a 6' staff primarily used for blocking and heavy strikes. Breaking the staff in half, it becomes two lightning rod weapons for fast melee attacks after a block, or charging for lightning strikes. Lastly each rod can flip into a semi-automatic pistol each that can fire normal and electric rounds mostly to slow down or stun a target more than dealing high amounts of damage.

Semblance (some kind of power. Don't make it overpowered): Because of her fast mental nature, she can quickly examine a situation or opponent to locate points of strength and weakness or information that would benefit her or those around her.

Bio (optional): She isn't very talkative and thus doesn't talk about her past to pretty much anyone. What is known is that she moved away from her original home to hone her skills in education, fighting, and technology of the major cities. Because of her build, she can not take too many physical blows.

@Kuro

Thanks for being agreeable, it's always nice to have someone willing to adjust when they make a mistake ^^

And not really, no. But it's not OP or anything and this RP is clearly not a literate, so you're good

I don't get why you bothered naming him Crimson, since Blood easily fits into the color naming scheme and you went ahead and called him by that anyway. Pick one or the other and stick with it

@Marcus

He or his sword has to come into contact with the blood. Thus he has to get past their Aura first

Also, Buff is basically a viking (and part Thor, of course. That's kinda where ) I wasn't aiming so much for originality as something interesting. Also I wanted him to be able to be the leader of his team, since I usually make a Lancer or Chick, it'd be something new for me

he possesses two bear ears that are hard to see through his hair

Hard to see sounds like easily hidden. Even Blake has to work a bit to hide her cat ears (and even then the more observant characters catch on) Not necessarily something that needs changed, but it is a point up

Also, why is he even a faunus? Being part bear sorta fits his personality, assuming your an insanely stereotypical bear... But his appearance isn't bear-like at all. If you want a bear, you should be less "original" and just go cute

Note: Bears aren't generally ferocious. They're lazy and curious. And they only attack things when they feel threatened or are hunting them. And they're generally more scavenge-oriented, thus little hunting. Further, bears are very submissive creatures. If you show greater strength, they will fall in line very quickly (Basically, bears are just massive Labradors tongue.gif)

A mellow guy, he enjoys sleep and relaxation during down time, but when things get serious he lets the beast out!

Quiet until he's in a fight, 'nuff said. But also, following the bear thing again. The laziness fits, the beast in a fight is more of a stereotype. A cornered bear or one who's territory you had invaded might be ferocious (though the latter would likely submit if you showed clear dominance) but unless Beacon itself were being attacked, he'd likely remain lazy (assuming you were sticking to a true bear theme)

A tall (6'7) well built man, however his stomach is fairly close in size to his chest

So basically he's extremely strong, but doesn't look unattractive. Normal in RWBY, so nothing big there. Except it clearly emphasizes that Buff's stomach isn't like that. I fairly clearly stated that Buff wasn't conventionally attractive in his sheet, you didn't need to emphasize it by saying your character was

though his arms and legs clearly display their strength

Also, doesn't matter that it's RWBY, I don't think you know what this will do to his proportions and fighting skill. You basically said he had large muscles on his arms and legs, but was still perfectly skinny. Again, RWBY doesn't require bulging muscles for strength, but you can't have half of him be bulging muscles and the other half not. Having it like that means that he won't be able to lift anything, your back and stomach are actually more important to strength than your arms

Okay, so appearance issues are awkward, but RWBY mostly okays you doing anything with appearance and still being strong or fast. So I can't complain too much there. You should still really make his arms not "Clearly demonstrate" his strength and just make them skinny and still strong to match the rest of his body. I expect what you're visualizing is even like that, but what you write doesn't match up. You might want to take some time just designing character's appearances and working on describing them well

lonely
orphanage

Eventually he discovered his semblance when he was hit by a car and walked away from it and chose to study at Sanctum, until getting accepted into Beacon.

This sentence is terrible. He walked away from a car accident and chose to study at Sanctum. How are those one sentence?

Further, his semblance is described as him taking less damage over time as he gets hit (less HP=more defense type thing) Thus one massive hit, like a car smashing into him, would still do massive damage. Which is to say, this event doesn't match up with what you described

Further, most fighters in RWBY can walk away from a car accident, since their Aura would protect them (most characters hit a lot harder than a car, and the other characters are fine)

Also, the way his semblance is described, he can't actually be defeated. Every time his health goes down his defense goes up. Eventually his health would get infinitesimally smaller and his defense up by the same amount, making it impossible to fell him unless you did it all at once (like maybe throwing a car at him...)

Most of these things can be easily fixed by being more descriptive or putting some research into how things work. Except the appearance, which, again, I suggest you just make him look normal and be unnaturally strong. Or maybe go the Cardin route (you know, tiny legs massive arms)

@Switch

I'll go over yours later, I don't have that much time ATM

Main reason for naming him Crimson was because we already have two chars with B. I wanted to take at least one of the free letters instead of piling a third B on everything.

Also, no problem. I don't see a reason to fight over the semblance when it's obviously slightly overpowered. Of course, the sword has to get past Aura, but spilt blood on the ground would still count, and that isn't protected by any Aura.

Plus, this one suits him slightly better and is more logical.

Edited by KuroKishi

I find this funny, because there's about to be a lot of Cs, not that you'd know, but still...

Yeah, that's much better, thanks ^^

Wow... you have a lot of complaints, remember how this is in freeform?

Big and strong but also a little on the chubby side = Bear plus it emphasizes his behaviour, he is natural big and strong from being a bear faunus and recently he has been training, but he likes to eat and he likes to sleep leaving him chubby but you can tell he's strong by the muscels on his arms and legs (I have freind irl who are fat but have been going for the gym for a while and they're still fat but its quite obvious that they're strong). Furthermore, I'm basing him off a character in a book, described to be built like a bear in that they have muscels all over but are chubby...

I don't get your complaint about the ears... he does hide them, he has a lot of thick hair as well as a beanie

Hes not lazy per se, he's just quiet and likes to sleep, remember not everything has to be bear based, also hes based off a prehistoric polar bear, the image I saw it looked big and cuddly and just wanted to lay down, but I know polar bears are maneaters and will go after most things because they're hungry and live in harsh environments, so I merged the two.

Being lonely and being in an orphanage, his parents were killed because they were faunus, he was a faunus and got bullied so he started hiding his ears by growing out his hair and wearing a cap, whats so strange about that? If a little generic...

That sentence... yeah it is pretty shoddy but It was getting late and I was getting tired.

The semblance I wanted him to be the opposite of yang in a way, she takes more hits and deals out more damage, I wanted him to be able to take more hits and be able to keep going for longer. He would go down but its not proportionate, he wouldn't get hit by a car and then be able to withstand another hit by a car its not a 1:1 ratio of damage:defence he gets hit by a truck, he can be hit by a car and keep going but not another truck.

Also you're saying it doesn't matter because its in Rwby is irreverent because I'm describing them as a character, I don't have an image of the rwby appearances in mind when describing them.

If this whole thing looks clustered it's because I'm thinking of different points as I go, with the whole let's the beast out I want him to be the whole Gentle Giant/Beware the nice ones kind of person, outside of combat he's aloof and likes his peace and quiet, inside combat he gets more serious, let's the beast out is just a poor metaphor...

Lastly I'm posting this in the OOC in case anyone else had problems, if this didn't help explain my reasons for his character then move it to PM weavile... I might have missed stuff I've already forgotten most of what I've written.

You asked. And no, this isn't a literate, how wonderful we should all stop trying our best to make interesting and well-rounded characters because the rules don't say we have to

You specifically stated her wasn't chubby when you said his stomach was relatively flat. You can't have some muscle/fat on his arms and none there, that will cause the absurd proportions I mentioned. Either have all of him be chubby, or none of him (FYI, this is basic human anatomy. Only body builders and people with disabilities defy these proportions, and most of them aren't very healthy or strong)

You didn't mention a beanie in his appearance, just the hair. And thick hair wouldn't hide them, unless he has like an afro? But I'm fairly certain you described his hair as falling flat, in which case they wouldn't be concealed

My bad, you did. I just didn't notice, apologies. Still, just hair won't hide it

And what. No, the way the semblance is described if he gets hit by a car then he can get hit by another car, and another, and another. But then not being able to withstand a truck. Because that's his defenses getting stronger as his health goes down (and you wouldn't be able to tell it was anything special just from getting hit by a car) Being hit by a truck and then a car but not by another truck just his health going down

And if it is irrelevant, then I ask you to build him like Buff, because he can't be strong and not built strong. Or you can thank RWBY's lovely physics and build him however you like and not worry about his strength

Also, several things I pointed out purely for the Sue factor

Again, I believe most of these problems could be easily solved if you described things more clearly. Because most of what you just said was either not in the sheet, stated badly in the sheet, or the exact opposite of the sheet

The semblance I'll rp out, I can't describe it as well as I'd like but it doesn't make him invincible, I guess it works a bit like adrenaline? He takes hits and he keeps on fighting, its only when the battles over does he collapse and realise, hey thats my rib sticking out through my side (example... not serious.... he'd notice that :/ )

And bear ears aren't that big, blakes ears only just reach abover her hair and they're designed to be large, he has fairly small ears and I'm basing his hair off mine (messy and curly but is very thick so it doesn't form an afro and weighs itself down... I hate my hair) I thought I described it like that... but yeah I tried to look for images but I can't find any... only models with their golden locks.

Lastly in concerns to his build, I realised what my visualisation of him is like. Rugby players, one of them to be exact. The player I feel resembles him the most (build wise) is a tall rugby player who is obviously strong and well built but when he takes off his shirt its quite evident he has a gut on him. This was what I visualised him to look like initially but your comments confused me, I'm sticking by that he is tall and musceled but has a belly, they're more common than you think.

Last thing whats the Sue factor? Like Mary Sue and Garry Sue, I tried to make him not OP... for once.

Alright, maybe I'm making assumptions here. I was basing my size by the bear-eared faunus actually in RWBY. And those ears are simply far to large to be hidden by anything but an afro. I bet if you were to measure how far off your head your hair sits, it would be less than an inch (and if it's not, then IDK what to say, because

Your descriptions are extremely inconsistent, is he chubby or lean? Pick one (Rugby players in general are very lean, like Cardin) If you want your body fat, give him body fat, if you don't, don't. I'm not asking for realism, I'm asking for consistency. If you're going to be chubby and strong, you need to be large (this doesn't mean short FYI) Ironically enough, like a bear

As I stated before, RWBY allows for people to be disproportionately strong (And Cardin would probs be pretty strong anywhales)

I didn't even realise there was a bear faunus, oh well he has little bear ears (he does have a lot of hair though, trust me If I had bear ears I could probably hide them in my hair)

Not all rugby players are lean, actually the majority are pretty chubby. Hes a buff guy with a gut, that's what he is if you want I can send you a picture of the guy I'm basing his build off (or who I most closely associate the build off). He is large, he's tall and well built but with a gut, he's definitely not lean I never said he was lean.

Your sheet specifically says he doesn't have a gut :/

however his stomach is fairly close in size to his chest

Unless he has man-boobs (which brings up a whole new line of questioning), that means flat