Nanashi

CPA Duels Castle

I shrugged at TE's reaction. It's Lillian's fault, not mine. She went out to butcher a poor soul, not me. Kozuki was really formal though. Eh, unlike some people, I actually acted like a Divine Being at times. I bowed my head back. "Thank you, I hope it was all good," I said with a smile, ignoring the flesh thing. I was too used to Lillian and my own imagination too much to care.

((

Eh, unlike some people, I actually acted like a Divine Being at times.

Well! Excuuuuse me, princess! *flips hair*))

I spat one last time and glanced at Kozuki. She was awful uptight today. "Most of it was good, I'm sure," I said. "Don't worry, Soiled. I wouldn't say anything horrible. Would I?" I shoved the human sandwich to the back of my mind and looked around. I felt like exploring the castle today. I'd gotten a ride from Kozuki so I could come find some friends first. Gallivanting was always more fun with friends. "Anyone wanna wander the halls of the castle? There's gotta be uncharted rooms, seeing how big it is. Come on, it'll be fun! Soiled?"

Edited by Techno_Elf

And I was listening to the story, suddenly interested. "...Reina scares me for other reasons. And that is a story I'd love to hear again," I said. "Also, it's likely there's uncharted rooms, because I forgot about them." I also built the castle. Which was fun. Especially when people walking below suddenly got hit with a brick I dropped. I can't build stuff without hurting people, apparently. Which was the main reason Reina was normally nearby... "Also, hi, Kozuki." I waved a tail. Then I turned. And failed. And rolled off the table instead, landing on my feet. "Aaanyways, careful of the traps, blow up every wall, and if you find MP, pretend you never blew up anything." Fun fact: I may or may not have blown up a quarter of the castle once and therefore made MP have to go through a lot of paperwork. And I was disguised as Alice at the time... Oh, and that was last month! Heh.

"Also. Don't break the mirrors. They contain evil spirits. Insane Dark Alice Mirror-type evil spirits, only worse. Much worse." ...Hmm, let's see if they knew that was a lie or not. "Now, then. I have no idea what I'm going to do... Because I have a feeling tracking down Alice will get me in trouble." "Allow me, then." Reina walked over to the exit, then paused. "Ah. And I am pleased to meet you, Lady Kozuki. I am called 'Reina' by most." She left. "...Oh. I forgot to give her the seal. Oh, well."

"Ow. Wait, what? I wasn't out of the mirror until today. It's been a year..." Alice was actually confused. "...Oh... Sea must have used my name." She sighed, seeming not to care that she was in the air. After all, she was using magic at the second to stop herself from being too uncomfortable. "...Would you mind putting me down? It's not like I can go anywhere without seacatsmew finding me, which would result in being put back in the mirror." She wasn't in her usual outfit, instead wearing a pair of jeans, black knee-high boots, black thigh-high socks, and a black long-sleeve shirt, but she was still wearing a black cat collar. Which was hidden.

Edited by seacatsmew

((Sorry, but I've never seen you care for being formal or overly-polite. You're either too cheerful, crazy or running around screaming. Even when you're calm, you're unable to be, well, princess-y))

"Okay!" I agreed, excited at the thought of exploring. "Lillian, you coming?"

"Nah. I'm gonna clean up!" Lillian chirped happily. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. Clean? I hated cleaning up. What was she up to?

"Oh, Lillian, but you can come. In fact, I insist!"

"Oh, but I insist on cleaning up for you! So, we're at a deadlock! Have fun, my ambush!" She called out, a towel in her hand as she wiped away at the counter.

"Your ambush? There is no ambush here and even if there were, it wouldn't be your ambush," I told her, scowling. "We're all friends, true, but not an ambush!" I was especially testy about this subject, after what happened last time I carelessly used that word. "Come on, Techno!"

I shifted into my tiger cub form and ran off.

"...Don't kill too many innocents if that's what you're planning." I began walking towards the castle, then suddenly vanished, using a mirror that was in my room to teleport. I then walked out of my room and began setting up traps that couldn't be seen easily. Traps were fun. Especially when the ones caught in the trap started screaming for help... And no one ever figured out it was me~ Well, normally. Occasionally they'd figure it out. And then it was like a game of hide-and-seek. I was great at that game. People didn't like playing it with me...

((Psh. You just haven't seen me be all prissy, that's all. :3))

Kozuki sighed. "I'll come with you, just so you don't do anything...rash." She meant stupid. I could hear it in her voice. Even my own subordinates/creations thought I was reckless. I pouted, slowly inching my way into my DEPRESSED and PISSED PHASES.

"Whatever," I said, forcing myself to put on a smile. "Come on, guys, let's go!"

((Ahhhh short why.))

"You're not scaring me." I said bluntly to Marcus. "You idiot can't even keep who's who straight. I've just been out for a day, and I haven't even been seen by anyone other than that girl. Go on. Hit me. See if I care. It'd be more impressive if you could actually use your brain. Then I'd have a reason to feel something." I knew that Silver could find me, but it didn't matter. The trick I had pulled on her was very sly indeed, and not even I could think of a loophole, much less Silver. She was good at annoying people though, I had to give her that. If she were smarter, I might have actually considered learning from her. I then shifted, my smaller form escaping him easily as I "vanished". At least I got past them. Although, killing them would have been better since they were so annoying. I traveled a good distance away before reappearing next to a wall. I stopped just as I was about to land on the ground. A trap. Amateur work, compared to me. Avoiding it easily, I saw Seacat up ahead. So it had been her setting up the traps. "Well well, look who's trying to set up traps! You poor little thing, you had to bump into me! I'm in the mood for some blood, so let's get started. I instantly summoned a blade made out of fire and darkness and slashed at her. I was still in my phoenix form, but I was able to hold weapons, unlike the weakling Silver. Nimbly slashing again, I called out "Having fun?"

The first attack, I dodged. Second hit me. Hard. In the wrong place. A bloodcurdling screech came from me as I felt pain shooting through as a tail fell. Ha. Bad idea. I smiled, and cats aren't supposed to smile. Showing all my teeth in what looked like a smile, my eyes turned black without any light in them. "Fun? I'm having loads of fun!" I said, my voice coming out with the sound of metal scraping against metal.

Of course, Reina's job- Or at least one of her jobs- was to make sure this didn't happen.

"Seali, down." Using that name was rare and snapped me back to my senses. The girl appeared fragile, but she was anything but. She picked me up and waved a hand over the lost tail, healing it instantly. It grew back, too. "Now then. I must go find Alice before she sings. Lady Revlis, I will personally deal with you next time. However, finding Alice before she sings is much more important then that. Lady Sea, please go back to your room until this is dealt with." She put me down and continued walking, showing absolutely no emotions. "...Well, for the sake of not being killed by Mari, I'm gonna go now..." I vanished from sight. I love mirrors...

((...That actually happens whenever I lose a life. My tails each hold 3 lives, so... I'm down to 6. (I may or may not have a third tail. Who knows?) I'll have to get Reina to add 3 lives...))

Edited by seacatsmew

Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best of ideas to question the logic of a bird flagrantly violating the square-cube law and wielding a sword when I myself had received magical powers from a small fluffy creature not too long ago, but I'm a scientist by nature. I question things. And birds? Very deadly things when they don't have a clunky weapon to weigh them down.

"Did I take a wrong turn somewhere? Because I'm fairly sure this is the place we go when we're not busy killing someone." Okay, second bad idea: snarking at what was probably an evil bird with fire powers. But, you know, whatever. It was kind of difficult for me to die now, not counting (slash kind of because of) the significant risks that came with the job. "You, uh. Who are you again?"

((Fun fact: real life birds are super deadly! When threatened, swans go straight for your eyes with sharp beaks and wings that are strong enough to break your leg! Someday someone will make a bird character who does this and I will be so happy))

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

((My dad told me a story about how he got bitten by a goose once. Not terribly pretty, I tell ya.))

Walking down a carpeted hallway, I glanced around. I'd never been to this part of the castle before. Where were we? "Hey, uh, Soiled?" I asked over my shoulder without turning around. "Think you could make a map for us real quick? I wanna keep track of this place."

((Hey seacat, silver, I'm completely lost what happened? I'd put your two characters down but I don't even know whats happening now. Why do you have to have 3 different characters who are all the same and not the same! Could you tell me what has happened? If I wasn't meant to OOC in this thread than tell me and I'll refrain from doing so in the future))

I blinked at Techno and shrugged. "Sure..." I told her, tossing off one of my gloves. They were the things limiting my power actually. It was the same with Lillian, but I had to lock hers so she didn't just strut around without her gloves killing people left and right. I waved my hand and a map appeared. "There," I said, putting my glove back on.

Lillian looked around and seeing that everyone was otherwise occupied, went to the back. She had already finished cleaning the counter. There, she took out a pin and began picking lock on her glove.

((Hey seacat, silver, I'm completely lost what happened? I'd put your two characters down but I don't even know whats happening now. Why do you have to have 3 different characters who are all the same and not the same! Could you tell me what has happened? If I wasn't meant to OOC in this thread than tell me and I'll refrain from doing so in the future))

((Only two of my characters are 'the same', as Reina isn't even close to me. Anyways, Revlis escaped in her bird form and such, attacked me(not Alice), and Reina's heading towards you after healing the tail I lost.

And Alice is confused, seeing as she's been imprisoned in a mirror for a long-ish time. Because whenever I destroy stuff I go and take her form so I don't get caught. xd.png So, she has no idea what lawsuit you're talking about.))

"Ow. Wait, what? I wasn't out of the mirror until today. It's been a year..." Alice was actually confused. "...Oh... Sea must have used my name." She sighed, seeming not to care that she was in the air. After all, she was using magic at the second to stop herself from being too uncomfortable. "...Would you mind putting me down? It's not like I can go anywhere without seacatsmew finding me, which would result in being put back in the mirror." She wasn't in her usual outfit, instead wearing a pair of jeans, black knee-high boots, black thigh-high socks, and a black long-sleeve shirt, but she was still wearing a black cat collar. Which was hidden.

"You're not scaring me." I said bluntly to Marcus. "You idiot can't even keep who's who straight. I've just been out for a day, and I haven't even been seen by anyone other than that girl. Go on. Hit me. See if I care. It'd be more impressive if you could actually use your brain. Then I'd have a reason to feel something." I knew that Silver could find me, but it didn't matter. The trick I had pulled on her was very sly indeed, and not even I could think of a loophole, much less Silver. She was good at annoying people though, I had to give her that. If she were smarter, I might have actually considered learning from her. I then shifted, my smaller form escaping him easily as I "vanished". At least I got past them. Although, killing them would have been better since they were so annoying. I traveled a good distance away before reappearing next to a wall. I stopped just as I was about to land on the ground. A trap. Amateur work, compared to me. Avoiding it easily, I saw Seacat up ahead. So it had been her setting up the traps. "Well well, look who's trying to set up traps! You poor little thing, you had to bump into me! I'm in the mood for some blood, so let's get started. I instantly summoned a blade made out of fire and darkness and slashed at her. I was still in my phoenix form, but I was able to hold weapons, unlike the weakling Silver. Nimbly slashing again, I called out "Having fun?"

((There are the posts for Alise and Revlis(who I keep spelling Relvis).

I'm changing Alice's name back to Alise because for me, it makes more sense...))

((Hmm, I think one of my supernova forms abilities should be the ability to produce a strong gravitational pull... makes sense seeing as I'm a star, any chance of that seacat))

I watched as Revlis flew off. She called me an idiot, I wonder whether she remembered that I could fly as well, whats more I could simply melt a path towards her if she tried some fancy maneuvering to avoid me.

I looked down at Alise who I still held in my hand and gently placed her to the ground, maybe it was from the fact that she was smaller than me by a considerable margin, or the fact that she was part cat, I didn't feel like being too harsh.

However, I kept my hand on her head.

"Perhaps you should be put back in the mirror if you are trying to start a fight in the halls," I said calmly.

"However, I will be lenient, but should I find you causing havoc around here once more... you won't have all nine lives after the encounter," I finished absentmindedly scratching behind her ear. Realising that this would probably be a very condescending act I quickly withdrew my hand.

I then looked up as I heard a loud screech from somewhere down the hall, the direction Revlis had gone. I sighed with impatience.

"I'm not a police officer," I said to myself. "But as a resident here I have no intention of trying to relax to the sounds of battle... I wish DH were here, Dragons are much better at getting people attention than phoenix's".

I retraced my steps to my room and opened the door, walking over to the table next to my bed a grabbed the leather cylinder lying next to it. Twirling it in my hand I quickly ran through the functions.

The centre of the cylinder rapidly expanded outwords, revealing it to be made of multiple layers. The tip reached a sharp point, a rapier. A quick flick of my wrist and several sections expanded around the thin blade and the tube expanded backwards, a spear. The blade collapsed in on itself leaving just the extended grip, a staff. Lastly the staff collapsed inwards the centre hollowing out and a separate section folding down creating a grip, a revolver.

A returned my multi-weapon back to its initial state and connected it to my belt. I then exited my room and found my way back to Alise.

"To get in my good books, help me rein in Revlis a little... I don't know what my cousin is doing but she should keep her in check!" I said, partly to Alise partly to myself.

((Hey Silver, Silver and Marcus should be cousins! Also FEAR THE ARMED MP for I shall reign judgement on those who annoy me!!! For those confused about my weapon... uhh it looks like a light sabre in standard form but I can alternate between its forms. I.e. I draw it and swing, the blade will expand out and make contact, someone swings at me from another side, the staff extends from the back. I don't want to kill so I retract the spearhead and knock down my foes, than someone tries to run at me from a distance, I turn it into a revolver and shoot))

I wandered down the halls again, having made sure the room I was in previously was completely shut and locked. Even dragon-locked, which was special terms for a really really really strong lock blocked by a few of my scales so nobody could get in. Unless they figured out the puzzle to it.

I mused at that craftmanship again, turning a corner and hearing some sort of battle noise going on. Why must everything go to hell when I get distracted by boxes? It didn't take me long to run into Alise and Marcus. "Either of you care to tell me what's been going on?" I hadn't a clue. Though, flying around all day and then being stuck in a strange room probably hadn't helped matters.

Oddly enough, my tail was still lighted. I probably did look like a really realistic version of a Charizard now. It made me laugh a little bit. Maybe I should keep it that way.

I shifted my wings a little, resetting them to their resting position. A small flame started to run down the length of my spine then and disappeared shortly after. That often happened when I was content. I should have been born a Charizard. If only they were real.

((Because I forget I have color tags.... and I'm completely out of the loop. I've been swamped!! D: And it won't get any better sad.gif ))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

((...I think you're OP enough without drawing everything towards you. xd.png

Now all I can think of is someone standing there with objects spinning around them. And a cow.

Aww. :c Hopefully it does get better, DH...))

"I wasn't trying to start a fight... Unlike what you all seem to believe, I'm not Ealis," Alise muttered. However, she was purring, too. Thanks to being part cat, she had a habit of purring as soon as someone scratched behind her ears. As soon as he withdrew his hand, the purring stopped; It was like a switch, I guess. "Sure. Not like I have anything else to do right now." She then turned to DH. "Easiest explained by saying that Dark Silver attacked me and then fled after MP stopped us from fighting. And judging by the screech, she cut off one of Sea's tails. Clearly, Reina healed it, because she isn't screeching now." Alise shook her head. "...Don't ask how I know all that." She then fell silent, carefully sitting down... On air. She was sitting and floating; It was comfortable.

((I'm making Ealis because it isn't SEA without her. (Seali, Ealis, Alise.) Never mind the fact she's worse then both me and Alise... She probably won't appear much anyways.))

((Just for the sake for the sake of it))

I frowned at the sense of constriction that fell over me as I put the glove on. Deciding to have it off, I put it in my jean's pocket instead. While I couldn't wear shoes in nekomimi form, I could wear pants and tops, which I was wearing. I took out my DSi and turned it on, my Black2 inside. I started the game and went to my party. Narrowing my eyes, I concentrated on my Charizard. Soon enough, a real life Charizard flew out of the DS, roaring. It flew right out of a window, breaking it. "Huh..."

((The Charizard is an NPC. I forgot my charizard's name and if it was shiny or not and I'm too lazy to go check))

((... xd.png Wow...))

A girl jumped as she heard a window break. She quickly located this window and climbed through, only to trip and land on her face. She didn't get up for about half a minute. When she did, she sat up quickly and brushed her black hair out of her black eyes, white cat ears twitching as her twin cat tails wrapped around her waist. She then realized Soiled and Techno. "A-Ah! I'm sorry if I startled either of you. I-I'm a bit lost... This castle is rather large. Um, anyways, my name is Ealis, and I should get going now." Standing up, Ealis quickly ran off, nearly tripping as she ran. Her tails saved her just in time, helping her balance again, and she resumed running.

((...Oh, I should mention now. She's also kind of a klutz and normally kind. Until she's serious.))

((Umm...Sure. That'd be weird though...

I was thinking about another form of me, a "light" form. Her name would be Gold Star (not that she's a star, it's just meaningful to me.) So it would kinda make sense? I don't know. I would rather be a pulsar-phoenix than a star-phoenix.))

"Good." I smiled as I listened to Seacat. Seeing her vanish, I then turned towards the newcomer. My smile broadened as I started to radiate an aura of darkness. I did that when I was satisfied. "Who says we can't have a little fun here and there? Why should I tell you who I am? You'll figure it out soon enough." I cheerfully walked away from the newcomer and promptly vanished. It was too bad I couldn't have kept the tail, it would have made a nice trophy. Now, I did a neat little trick. I changed my appearance while "vanished" and changed to look like Silver. I knew for certain that she wasn't in the castle, she would be looking for me if she was. I now was a perfect copy of her, other than a single black feather hidden in my now silver wings. My eyes also occasionally flashed a deep amber-gold like my normal eyes, but that was only when I was "vanished". Traveling towards Marcus, I appeared around the corner and walked up to him. Acting as Silver would, I said "Have you seen Revlis anywhere? She escaped me, and I need to make sure she doesn't severely injure or hurt anyone." It was a pretty good act, considering that I was stuck "in" Silver all the time.

((Ok, I also need to modify my forms. Revlis has amber eyes with gold, not red.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

"...Yeah, sure, whatever," I muttered at empty space. Okay, yeah, evil bird. Large, incredibly-stereotypically-evil bird. With a magic aura not unlike those of witches. Cool. Witches are pretty hard to deal with at the best of times, but the alternative was probably a non-subversive magical girl show with enemies like these, and I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy fighting those within a week.

And then there was one nope two phoenixes on the scene again. What was it with these people? Couldn't most of them shapeshift anyway? "Shrug. Got no idea who anyone around here is." I walked backwards away from both of them, doing a thing with my hand that was probably a salute at some point but just turned into a vague gesture. My omniscience would catch it if I was about to collide with someone or trip or something.

So there was fighting. Judging by what Alise had said, it didn't sound too good either. But there wasn't much I could probably do about it. After all, they'd fight whether or not I stepped in. Wouldn't they? Maybe I would go find them if something started up again. For all I knew, everything was over now.

But then I heard a window break further down the hall and a rather familiar roar. It sounded like a Charizard. "Excuse me..." I carefully broke away from Marcus and Alise, heading off quickly to where I had heard a window break. Outside, through another window, I spotted a Charizard flying about very confused-like. Well that was different! But should I break another window to get to it? Knowing how far away the door was to the outside, I pushed myself out the window and somewhat broke part of the wall too.

I landed on the ground by the moat, watching the Charizard as it circled for a few tries. I flew up to meet it, dodging a flight toward me. It was confused and liable to try and attack me. That certainly would be awkward. Having a pokemon battle without being a pokemon. But given my current appearance, I did kind of look like a slightly different Charizard. And Charizards were known to be territorial and keen on proving their strength against others of their kind.

This probably wasn't the best idea I had.

((Sorry, short post. Not really in the mood.))

Finally, my will to live won over, and I cautiously opened my door by just a crack. I caught a glimpse outside, it was just a straight hall. That seemed fairly safe. But of course, all the doors could get me lost in half a second. I would be fine if I avoided anything i had to open, though... I slipped outside and switched to my more feline form. Suddenly, I caught a scent of something that seemed rather delicious, something fishy. The smell seemed to be coming through one of the door, and again, my brain and stomach erupted into a violent duel. After a couple minutes, my mind won out and I skirted through the halls, seeking a route to the food- without any doors.

((Oh great, the dreaded human sandwiches...))

Ealis spotted Koala. And tripped. Again. Right in front of her. Not on purpose. She had tripped as she barely dodged a trap. "Not again..." she mumbled as she sat up, ignoring the fact she had somehow skinned her left arm's elbow on the carpet. She quickly stood up and took a few steps back. "U-Um. Sorry about that. I'll be going now..." Ealis turned back and took off running.

((Who's she gonna bump into next? xd.png ))

[ummm... a random mirror, maybe? And here's a random plot hook thing....]

The Dark Queen was bored, her realm of shadow - while endless - was relatively featureless. Apart from her Temple.

And she already knew her temple layout - rearranging it lost its appeal every now and then.

Though there was one thing that could prove a break from the monotony.... the one link out of her exile. A special mirror that existed in multiple planes at the same time.

The frame was a special one, it reflected her true form - or at least her most intimidating one. The mirror itself appeared black, and was held in place by a metal sculpture of five dragon heads, each of these heads had differently jewelled eyes. Red, green, black, white and blue gems winked.

Of course, the mirror portal wouldn't activate until its copy was disturbed....

((Sounds good.))

Ealis's clumsiness ended up leading her straight into a oddly shaped mirror. She stumbled back, and quickly sensed energy from this mirror. Her expression changed from one that showed childish innocence to a serious one, eyes narrowing slightly. her tails turned into blades and she took a step back, crouching slightly. "Now, now... What have we got here?" she whispered, slight curiosity showing through her eyes.

((Seeing as Alise is busy, I'll let Ealis 'accidentally help' her out of her realm.))