Chicogal

Hetalia - The Rains of Castamere

It seemed as if America wasn't the only one to assume violence at the slightest tip. The small smile that had formed on pale lips tightened into a grimace instantly. Icy blue eyes hardened as hostility and worry crept into his thoughts. It sounded like it came from...Prussia! Although Germany wasn't one for anxiety, this was a sort of situation that led to worst-case-scenarios tearing at his usually firm expression. Luther...Scheiße...I'm sorry, I have to see vhat happened. His grip on Denmark soon was released as he turned and rushed to the door. Oh God, what had happened? The sight that greeted him as he threw the door open to the back yard wasn't the answer he wanted.

---

There were a few ways to tell that America was upset. First, she had lit a cigarette and had already taken several drags from it. She had quit smoking decades ago, but carried a pack around when things got to her. Second, she had thrown all her clothes but her underwear and her tank top and was lounging upon a raft in the pool. Third, she was doing all this in public. It was discovered pretty quickly as America began to mature that she had some issues. From a near personality-split during her Civil War to her multiple "depressions" and "recessions", she was rather unstable. Any wrong word cast in her direction could leave her in a state of anxiety-level stress for several days and even weeks. So, as Germany came running outside, she paid him no mind. Instead, she took a long drag from her cigarette and sighed. What a sucky party.

Denmark hurried out after Germany, hesitating just behind him in the doorway. Oh no... Prussia had disappeared... She fidgeted with her fingers, an immense weight of guilt settling in her chest. She had told her neighbour that his brother would be fine. But now he had run away from the party. She had seen France running outside - maybe he knew more on what happened. But she couldn't see him now. Slipping past Germany and giving his arm a momentary squeeze, the quiet Dane walked to the pool. America was looking a bit under the weather. "What happened with Prussia?" she asked, crouching down. She could feel the heat in her cheeks warning her of incoming tears. It was all her fault-!

It only took Prussia ten seconds to reach out and grasp the outstretched hand, using it to haul himself to his feet. At the idea of being with a woman like that, or a man like that, was not something he wanted to do. It didn't appeal to him in the slightest and the very idea made him laugh a bit. With a chuckle, he waved his hand from side to side. "Nein," he replied with a smile. It was enough to put a smile back on his face, even if only for a moment. "I hate people in that way. I've never found any interest in anyone... Romantically." He shuttered at the last word, like it was something he could accidentally experience just by uttering it. "Besides, women scare me. I've been around Spain too much and I can hardly stand not thinking about her when I'm trying to be your wingman." He shrugged slightly, as if this wasn't a problem. "But, eh, it works. You never have to worry about me stepping in and going from wingman to central-man and everyone else thinks that I have normal, healthy relationships with people. I mean, sex isn't the cure-all, you know?" He rolled his shoulders slightly then scratched the back of his head. "So, where are we off to? I don't know this place very well."

Gunshots America..., China thought to herself. That girl, there were few nations that China had such complex feelings for. The girl was a nuisance, a spoiled brat. But there was something about that spoiled brat that China admired. For someone so young to achieve that much power so quickly, it was admirable. China found respect for the girl's ambition and achievement. Even with her annoying behavior and temper tantrums, she was indeed a worthy Rival. To think, that one day China consider someone not even a hundredth of her own age to be a worthy adversary, ha, when she was America's age, China would have laughed at the very thought.

This however, was not a moment of respect and admiration. China saw France, Germany and Denmark run out towards the gunshots, and China felt obliged to follow them. She couldn't help but see exactly what happened in her minds eye, the smell of smoke and the sudden absence of two party goers. And there she was, lounging in the pool. "America, what happened here! Where are Prussia and France?" she shouted at her. "What did you do?"

((Okay. So. My iPad just deleted my completed post twice by shutting down and saying that I needed to charge it when it still had five percent battery. My post has become significantly shorter))

South Korea jumped, nearly dropping his Fried Chicken, when he heard the gunshot. And, yes, he did just capitalize Fried Chicken in his head. Although this Fried Chicken was bought from China and not as good as the ones he made, the satisfaction of knowing that he just managed to get this without having to wait in a really long queue was enough for him. He had been planning to chat with China about his dramas and his Fried Chicken that her people really liked, but, he guessed, for once, important things should be tended to first. Unfortunately, he needed the bathroom. Badly.

Hm... What to do...?

He quickly went in the direction of the gunshot and stared for all of ten seconds.

America.

America had been the one to shoot in his house.

She could've broken something! Nevermind the fact that they were outside and she shot into the sky.

Suddenly, his previous problem came back to him and, deciding to ask "what the censorkip.gif" later, South Korea dashed back inside, stored his Fried Chicken in a secret compartment (which required a 23 digit password to access) inside the fridge, and ran to the bathroom.

He'd deal with America later.

-

Canada, on the other hand, did not think that dealing with America later was a good idea. She knew that her sister would probably prefer being left to sulk on her own, but Canada was worried and knew that America was upset. Canada was also worried about Prussia, but he had Germany to take care of him. And, like how Germany was a great sibling for Prussia, Canada would try to be a great sibling for America, too. So, with that in mind, Canada approached America.

"America," she began, not really sure how to proceed. America probably wouldn't enjoy pity or anything of the sort, so Canada just decided to make her presence known. Canada rarely went unnoticed by America when America was in one of her moods, luckily, so she wouldn't have to worry about losing her temper. She took a deep breath and carefully pulled over one of the other rafts before joining her sister in the middle of the pool. Why didn't she bring a swimsuit?

-

Hong Kong barely reacted when all the drama occurred. He wasn't too concerned with any of the other countries all that much. They'd all get over it and it was better to just act as if everything was okay. Because, in the end, it would be resolved, somehow. Unlike Hong Kong, these other countries had already had centuries of experience with dealing with each other and knew how to handle each other. The others tended to laugh things off after a while, more often than not, just so the part of them that was their humanity could stay sane. And, anyways, Hong Kong wouldn't know how to have tact or anything, so he would just stay out of it. Instead, he stood by China silently.

Edited by SoiledLove

France - as always - felt a bit faint when Prussia told him that he did not have any romantic interest. They had been down this path a couple of times before, and it always lead to the same place. He shifted his weight, feeling the squelch of his ruined shoes. He felt just about sick at the thought of not having any romantic interest. How dull one's life must be, without the love of a beautiful person...

"I do not see how you have no interest in love, but I am not going to change zhings in a night," he sighed. "Eet is not just sex... Eet is feeling complete with another person to share your life... Alor, c'est difficile when you are a country such as myself. Humans are too... Fragile." France straightened, blinking his spaced look away. He shot his friend a smile before walking. "Zhere is a place with food and people at tables ahead. I am French. I know a restaurant when I see one."

"Right, right," Prussia replied but the words had not escaped his notice. A country such as France. It almost felt like a punch right in the gut having France say that. At the end of the day, Prussia wasn't sure what exactly he was. It was more like his identity was comprised of things that he wasn't. His left eye twitched briefly before he shook his head and took in a small breath, releasing it several seconds later with a calculated sigh and started to walk after his friend. He had thought that even without his land, France would always think of him as a country. He had been wrong.

"Hold on," Prussia started as he stopped only a few feet from where he had started walking. How could he phrase this without France getting touchy feely about his emotions? He didn't want to raise any concern in his friend but he also was very, very curious. But how could he say what he had in mind? That he wanted to try disappearing on his own to see how everyone would respond to his apparent death? It wasn't a casual conversation and it wasn't even a good prank. It was just mean towards people that liked him but he really wanted to know what their actual opinions of him were. Would they be relieved? How would Germany respond? "Ah, never mind," He replied with a shake of his head as he started forward again. "It was a silly thought. Do you think you can get us in there? It looks crowded."

France paused and turned around when the sound of his friend's footsteps disappeared. Prussia was just standing there, staring at him. Was it something he had said? Quickly running over his words from the past few minutes, he couldn't really find anything. Although maybe he was jealous of France's fitness. That would be understandable.

The brunet's curiousity was immediately piqued by Prussia's next words. "Of course, you know how I am... But what was it that you were saying?" A good-natured glint came into his eye - the man was not going to escape him this time around. "I demand zhat I know eet! Eet is my responsibility as a friend to be aware," he said with a nod.

Prussia held up his hands, trying to shrug off France's demands to know his thoughts. Keep it light and put up all of the pretenses that everything was fine and maybe France would actually believe that. "Hey, hey," he replied, trying to get him to relax. "It was just an idea for a prank is all. It was just a bit too mean for my liking." Although, now that he thought about it a bit more, why did he care if it was mean? Germany had chased him over a table earlier and it seemed that lately, he was being treated as a pest. Someone that had to be looked after instead of an older, wiser brother. Actually, yeah! Germany was a dick so why did he care if the prank was too mean? He'd just have to make sure Spain knew or she'd kill him for real when he showed up again.

"I was thinking about how everyone seems to be handling me with a ten foot pole so I was thinking that I'd just go dark for a bit. Hide under the radar, you know. Go missing. Make it seem like I'd disappeared." He watched France carefully, trying to read him. Would he agree with his plan or no? If not, he'd have to make sure he didn't say anything. He was curious, after all. He wanted to know what people actually thought of him.

((Well censorkip.gif, I lost my post... not bothered with a new one :U))

"Well, I am not going to stop you. And perhaps I will help you," France said carefully. It was a difficult position to be in. "But what is zhe point? Do you wish to see what they zhink about you disappearing?" It would be terrible for Germany to go through - just as if Canada or Seychelles disappeared. But he didn't want to lose his friend's trust. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. In any case, he rather disliked Germany.

As more and more people arrived to ask the same question, America shut down. Her face hardened, and she took much more frequent drags from her cigarette. Lots of times, people seemed to forget how young she really was. Three hundred years (give or take), and she had already been thrown into problems most countries had dealt with every few decades. Eyes not leaving the sky, she scowled. Why do you care? It's none of your business. the nation growled. Her response wasn't particularly angled at any of the nations. It was just a response. It wasn't, however, the response Germany was looking for. This was evident as he ran into the pool and flipped America out of her raft. As soon as she surfaced, he lifted her by both arms so they were at eye-level.

Vhy do I care? Vhy do I care?! For all I know Prussia vas shot and ran off to run in front of traffic! You listen here, you selfish prick: Prussia is my family. Don't zink zat I don't care for him.

Although she struggled in his frim grip, America found herself trapped. She glared daggers at Germany as he yelled and remained carefully silent. He wasn't going to get any answers by throwing her around and screaming.

Prussia frowned slightly. So France didn't like it so much. Understandable, neither had he. But with the idea up again, he was curious and it was getting the better of him. He wanted to know how Germany would react, how England would react. How everyone would react. Was he just a pest or would they be concerned? Would anyone look for him? Maybe if someone actually seemed to care about him, he'd feel a bit better instead of so empty. "I suppose I've just been feeling like you and Spain are the only ones who actually care about me. I'd like to know if that's true or not and who actually likes me. Besides, I'be got nothing better to do and it might even help prepare people for when I do actually disappear. Because it's going to happen eventually."

France just nodded. His bottom lip was pushed out moodily as he thought. At the least, if anyone reacted badly to his disappearing (such as Germany), he could prepare for that eventuality. He was not silly - he did not say that Prussia would not disappear one day. They had both been around for too long for such lies. "I... will help you. Eet ees better if someone ees involved to manage things on zhe outside." He smiled lightly, taking a step closer. "Maybe you would like to hide with me? I could take you somewhere nice... Monte Carlo, perhaps... I could train you while you are performing this prank."

Going with France? Honestly, the thought had never crossed his mind. It did sound appealing since he hadn't been to France's house in a long time but there was a problem there. But still, it was only a problem if people looked for him and he didn't know if they would do that in the first place. He could do it. "That would be wonderful," he replied with a smile. France was such a good friend. He was lucky to have him. "Your country is so beautiful. We'll just have to make sure nobody else knows." He grinned and clapped his hands together, ready to complete the plot now. "There's no time to wait! Let's go now before America's gunshots attract someone here. we are far away but I'd rather not risk it. I can use that as a cover to hide."

Denmark straightened at the sudden turn of violence from Germany. It was understandable, since America was being unco-operative, but he wasn't going to get anywhere like that. The American was stubborn and stupid - if she hurt Prussia, what would she care? They just went around invading countries under the pretense of 'helping,' all the time anyway. She sighed softly, starting to unbuckle her heels. Just in case she needed to either get in if things got ugly or do a search for Germany's brother. She and Prussia had known eachother for centuries, and she was good friends with Germany. Besides, if Copenhagen had been Prussia, she would have wanted help. The brunette rose, ocean-blue eyes sweeping the people outside. "Was anyone else down there when the shots rang out? Or soon afterwards?"

((Tyskland = Germany. Also: I think England could say something?))

France grinned, feeling a bit relieved at the acceptance of his offer. At least he could keep an eye on Prussia. And it would cause Germany non-fatal distress - couldn't get much better in that regard. "Zhank you," he purred, delighted by the compliment given to him about his country. Of course he knew that, but it was nice to hear it again. He hesitated for a moment before nodding. He could do that. "We can wait at my hotel until morning for a flight. I do not zhink zhat he will find my hotel so quickly. Eet ees a fair way away from here..."

England watched from inside, having few intentions of speaking up. From her spot in the corner, she had seen a lot. But why did she care? But, apparently, Iceland did and while he usually did his best to shut his mouth in arguments, he did push her forward, outside. "England did!" He called out as she dug her heels into the ground to stop the pushing. "I saw her come inside after the shot. She must've seen something."

"You can shut your trap you git," she barked back before turning to look at the two silently. This was Prussia they were talking about. She didn't care what happened to him. It would be better if something did happen.

"Great idea," Prussia replied. Everything was coming together. He'd have to make sure to stay under the radar.. Except Spain. He'd have to tell Spain. Or could he? Maybe it would be better to keep the group small. Wait, no! This was Spain! He had to tell her or he'd die for real. "But after this, don't tell anyone. Just say you couldn't find me. That way I actually disappear right after America got pissy."

As an answer was given, Germany hesitated, and then released America. He climbed out of the pool himself and scowled. There were still pieces missing from the whole situation, but he could get an idea of what happened. He turned to walk back inside, when he was suddenly hit with a combat boot. As the nation turned around, America threw the other boot. The nation had climbed out of the pool to her pile of clothes. She looked furious, but her eyes were watering. Everyone just loved to gand up on her! All she wanted to do was help Prussia and this happened! As her face flushed, she bit down on her lip to keep from sobbing. She was so sick of it all! She tried to be nice and help people and all she got was pain in return! All England did was scold her, and Canada never said anything at all! Nobody wanted her around! With these thoughts, she turned and ran to the same fence Prussia had. Leaping it in a few clumsy moves, she fell on the other side with a hard thump. America stumbled to her feet and took off running yet again. Why did everyone hate her so much?

France smirked a bit. Okay. This would be more fun than he had previously expected. "I'll be sure to. Now, let us go back to my hotel room." He winked suggestively, just because he could, and beckoned with a finger.

((End interaction?))

Denmark could only stand there, fingers hooked in the band of her heels, as a boot seemed to fly in slow motion and hit Germany. And then another. Then the American was off, just as America had said Prussia had. Oh gosh... sighing, she pushed back her gently curly hair, and tucked a strand behind her ear. She stepped slowly back from the pool and glanced to Germany. What was he going to do now?

Although she wasn't a hundred percent convinced, Russia was quite sure that "Mater Russia" was just another way of saying Mother Russia. It was pleasing to hear someone address her formally. So many countries now and days simply referred to her as Russia. If they bothered to add Mother to the front of her name, then perhaps she wouldn't imagine how nicely their heads would crack under a mallet so often. Respect went a long way when it came to relationships and the simplest of gestures could make you an ally who might just save your hide one day. Not that the other countries seem to realize that. They were far too interesting in bickering with each other to look for potential alliances. The lines were drawn and no one dared to venture forth and put a foot in the other door.

Vatican's hesitant response when Russia mentioned Spain was... concerning, perhaps? It seemed as though Vatican had conflicting feelings about Spain. He seemed to generally feel positive towards her, but seemed dismayed at her actions as well. Russia deducted from Vatican's speech that he probably didn't realize how North (North Italy Russia assumed) and Spain felt about him. Perhaps they cared about him and didn't want to see him get hurt? Maybe they were manipulative and wanted him to feel meek so they could use him for their own purposes? The former seemed more likely, but Russia always knew that the later was possible.

"Maybe they're just vorried about you," Russia suggested as she adjusted herself in her seat. "Maybe they're a bit overprotected over you or maybe they're just anxious." Russia really didn't know Spain or North Italy that well. She had interacted with them in the past, but she was by no means a good friend of theirs.

The question about her homeland caused a grin to form on Russia's face. Being called Miss Mater Russia was also quite appealing, although the Miss part was a bit concerning. Did she look like she was married or did she simply receive the title of Miss because Vatican thought of her as an older and more experienced being? Either way, Russia did not care. Vatican had asked her a question she was not asked often. The closest anyone had every got to asking her about her territory was, "How cold was your winter?" or, "Living in your homeland must be ****ty, huh?" No one asked how nice it was to live in her land or how the crops were. Hell, no one even asked how she was doing save for her siblings, bless both of them.

"Oh, no! I have no trouble divulging into the scenery at my homeland?" Russia chimed with a cheerful, and ever so slightly fake, tone in her voice. "My home is, vell, harsh as I've been told. In the spring and summer, it is just about the same as any other country. The snov begins to that out, life blooms, birds sing, the temperature gets a little varm, that sort of thing. In autumn, the leaves change colors, the air gets crisp, and life gets a little harder, but not by much. Vhat most people speak of is our vinters vhich most say are some of the harshest around. The vinters end up to be around -20°C to -30°C, but can get to belov -50°C in extreme cases. Ve are strong enough to endure the cold vinters, but others are not. Ve cannot be invaded and ve are gifted with the knowledge that ve will be safe from invasions vhen in the winter. I personally prefer to speak of the summer, but people seem to enjoy to remind mind of the vinter. Ah, but I've rambled enough. That explanation has satisfy you, ja?"

The first thing that Denmark experienced was warmth. It enveloped her body - something soft and grainy below that seemed to cuddle her, and something simply hot above that beat down on her skin. It was sort of nice, but a little bit uncomfortable. She was used to the cold... Hold on a moment... What? Sitting up bolt upright, the Dane's blue eyes were stretched wide. Golden sand surrounded her, stretching into the roiling depths of the turquoise sea before her. Behind laid tall palm trees dotted haphazardly with a small jungle of sorts further back.

She definitely was not supposed to be here. Getting up, she noticed the clothing she had woken up in. A green t-shirt and faded denim shorts, along with brown leather sandals. At least she was in beachwear. But it wouldn't protect her from the sun. Her cheeks were flushed - it was hot. Hot hot. Water would need to be found if she was stuck here. Turning toward the jungle, she sighed and began walking. Hopefully there wasn't a pack of hungry wolves in there... wrong climate, though.

~~~

France smiled as he awoke to a clear blue sky. Ah. That was good. But wasn't he meant to be in Korea? He sat up, finding himself in the shade of a rather large palm tree. It seemed to be the shore of some placs. Maybe he was dreaming. Or maybe he had forgotten the trip to Monte Carlo, and only remembered South Korea. Then again, when he turned around and saw the large cluster of trees, it confirmed his suspicion that this was an island. A tropical island at that. But it was nice here... he would stay in this comfortable spot for a while longer...

((The islands are all sort of like the one from Pirates of the Caribbean, especially the one where Elizabeth and Jack get stranded and there's lots of alcohol... except no alcohol. xd.png Each pair is on their own island. We will probably RP from now, which is about 12am to the next morning in-Rp or so. Each pair's time can move differently of course. smile.gif))

This wasn't where she remembered falling asleep. She had dramatically cried herself to sleep in her hotel room...Slowly sitting up to inspect the area around herself, America scowled. This...huh. This was a beach. Not the sugar-sand beaches of California, nor the cold waters of Maine. So...where was she? She wasn't in Florida, Georgia, either of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland...none of them. Nothing on the West Coast either. She could always tell when she was in bound of her home. It had a different feel to it than any other country. It felt like, well, home.

But she knew the wild. Knew it better than the cities. Out of all the countries, she was one of the most well-experienced in the cruelty of different climates. First thing's first, she was putting her hair up. Luckily, the hair band she usually kept around her left wrist remained. America gathered her hair into a ponytail, twisted her hair, and spun it into a bun. A loose bun would have to do for now.

((Will respond as Germany soon.))

Sputtering out salty, tangy water, Iceland quickly bolted upright. His hands momentarily hug into the sand before he realized something was amiss. The water that had washed over him was cold but not as cold as the ocean. It wasn't as warm as the hot springs. And this sand didn't look anything like his shores. Mystified, he stumbled to his feet and moved away from the water before another large wave broke over him. He was... Somewhere warm. He didn't remember arriving on a beach or even leaving South Korea. Wiping salt water out of his hair, he did a quick look around. Oh dear. This place didn't look anything like a wilderness he was used to. He knew how to survive in the cold, wet snow or on a glacier. But on a beach? In the warmth? With trees? He fumbled over to one of the mighty palm trees and looked it over, trying to figure out what to do. Water was the first thing, right? He needed fresh water.

England awoke rather roughly, blinking several times as the harsh light shone over her. Slowly, she eased herself up into a standing position, looking around. A beach, a line of trees... An island? Was this a spell gone wrong because she couldn't remember arriving here. Dusting sand off her body, she looked about, her eyes eventually falling on a figure that made her gnash her teeth and tear off her coat before she overheated. She tossed the coat nearby and marched over to him.

Fat, lazy France. He was just relaxing in the shadow of the tree. "What the Hell are you doing?" She asked, looking around. An island for sure. Trapped with France. Well, if worse came to worse, she could always resort to cannibalism. But in the mean time, he was an extra set of hands and they needed to do something instead of just laying around. She drew back her foot and aimed a sharp kick at his ribs. Really, she couldn't help it. It was like France was wearing a sign that read 'Kick Me'. It barely took any time for her to try to injure him and start a fight. Of course, out of everyone, she had to be trapped with France.

France had interlinked his fingers behind his head and rested idly. Ah, peace. What bliss. It was then that a harsh voice spoke - a voice he instantly recognized. "I am seemply rest- OW!" His eyes flew open, and he rolled away from the vicious woman. Really! Count on England to resort of violence. He rose, one hand absentmindedly resting on his ribs. "Zhat was not necessary," he grumped. "I was having a lovely rest in zhe shade of zhis beautiful tree... and, as usual, you have to go and ruin it." He sniffed, crossing his arns. "Tell me zhat zhere are others here, s'il vous plait..." The brunet was clothed in suitable clothing for such a climate; blue shorts and a white t-shirt, along with trainers. He could just about feel the sun working on his caramel tan.

South Korea blinked. What the... Blue skies? No clouds? Where the censorkip.gif was he? Just a moment ago he had been, well, in the bathroom and it had been night time. A very cloudy night. And now? Well, at least he didn't seem to need the bathroom anymore. He sat up and his eyes went wide at the sight of blue seas and yellow sand...

"A beach! Whoop!" He jumped up and threw off his hanbok, revealing just a pair of swim shorts underneath. He HAD planned a pool party, after all. Running towards the sea whooping, he abruptly paused, remembering something. His eyes became teary. "My Fried Chicken!" It was going to be cold and ruined when he got back (the compartment in his fridge may not have been cold like the rest of the fridge, but that just made it worse). Where the hell was he, anyways? He looked around. He didn't recognize this place at all.

Warmth. A cascade of the gentle feeling washed over Russia and consumed her being. The grainy touch of sand brushed against her weathered skin as lukewarm water lapped at her feet. A draft of air whooshed by in the air, letting the strong scent of salt fill the woman's nostrils. In the distance, the soft baying of gulls could heard over the splashing of the waves. The world seemed to be dreamlike. It was not irregular for Russia to dream of such luscious warmth, but this was too odd. Unlike in her dreams, Russia did not feel as though she could just float away into the sky, nor did her body feel light and gentle. The sand was rough, the sunlight was harsh, and the scent of salt was far too overpowering to be pleasant. This was no fabrication of her mind. This was reality. Despite her desire to settle down and enjoy the heat, Russia did not recall how she got into the place of warmth and knew that she had to investigate, least her life depended on it.

It took a moment or two for her to get her eyes open. For some reason, they felt crusted as though they had been shut for quite a while. When Russia did manage to open her eyes, she blinked a few times, pushed herself into a sitting positions and glanced around with her grey gaze silently inspecting the area. She was seated on a white sand beach a little ways from the receding azure water that expanded towards the horizon and beyond. The sky was clear and had only a few clouds dangling within it. A quick glance backwards informed Russia of the large gatherings of palm trees, ferns, and other identifiable plant life that seemed to be covering the surface of the island.

Vell, at least I didn't vake up in the vater. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Wobbly getting herself to her feet, Russia stood up and cringed as the sunlight beamed down onto her face. Good God, what was she wearing? An examination of herself told Russia that she was wearing her usual wear with her fur coat, boots, undershirt, gloves, pants, and, thankfully, scarf. If she had become deserted on a frozen island, than perhaps she would of been glad for the clothing she was wearing. However, she was on a very hot island and heat was one of the few things she did not handle well. Mumbling curses under her breath, Russia took off her fur coat and tied it around her waist turkey style. She grabbed the ends of her long sleeved undershirt and scrunched it up to her shoulders. She made sure to round her scarf around her neck in a loose fashion before observing herself once more. The boots made her feet hot, but would most likely prove to be useful if she had to walk in mud or mucky water. The coat she could use as a blanket and if she ever needed any bandages she could always rip off her long sleeves or the ends of her pants and use those. Her scarf was probably the most and least useful piece of clothing she had. She could use it for just about anything, but she was reluctant to damage it or think of it as any other piece of clothing. It was a gift from a sibling and she prized is as though it was a masterpiece from the Smithsonian. Worst came to worst, she'd use it as a temporary bandage, but in no way would she even think to defile her treasured gift.

After checking her surroundings to see if there was anything useful, Russia began to head towards the center of the island. She soon wished for a machete or some sort of pointy object as vines began to obscure her path. A swat of her hand or a new route solved the problem. The vines turned from a problem to a nuisance, causing Russia to audible swear at the most infuriating of plant life. It occurred to the Russian that there didn't seem to be many living animals upon the island. She didn't hear any barking or growling, or hissing. She heard the occasional caw of a bird, but beyond that it didn't seem as though there were many living beasts in the island. This added upon the pile of stress that was beginning to burden Russia. She had hoped to find a suitable shelter within the mini jungle, but was instead finding more and more things to concern herself with. She found herself listing reasons as to why surviving in cold weather was far better than surviving in warm weather, but quickly dismissed the thought. This was no time to compare her home to this peculiar island. Now was the time to think about survival and nothing else. All that Russia needed to think about was how to get herself situated. Once that was taken care of, then, and only then, could she ponder upon her personal feelings.

A flash of white immediately caught Russia's attention. It caught her off guard and forced her to freeze in place. For a moment, she thought she caught a glimpse of a rabbit or some sort of rat. Crouching down, Russia grabbed the nearest stick and began to slowly stalk forward. At first, she wondered such a large rabbit would be in the middle of a jungle, but soon, she realized that there was something attached to the white bundle of hair. A head, to be exact. It only took a second or two for Russia to recognize the unmistakable face of Prussia. She relaxed as she neared her old... her old... What the hell was Prussia to her okay? He had been both her ally and enemy before, but she wasn't sure what he was now. Frenemy perhaps? No, they weren't really friends on any level, were they? They'd been allies, but friends? Russia wasn't even sure Prussia had ever even learned what her real name was. Most people didn't. They preferred to just call her Russia and be done with it. Lowering herself next to the sleeping man, Russia bend down her head so that she was hovering over his face.

"Hello?" she called as she tilted her head to the side as she waited for a response. When Prussia did not wake up, Russia gave him a poke in the cheek and bent down closer. Now, all her childlike face and gleaming gray eyes almost all the man could see should he open his eyes.

"Vake up!" Russia demanded as she poked Prussia's cheek again with the same amount of pressure as before. The thought of slapping Prussia came to Russia's head but she shrugged the thought off. Nah, if she slapped him she'd probably break his cheekbone or something. He was so fragile these days, at least compared to his might when he was the Teutonic Knights. If he was trying to hide that fact than he was doing a poor job of it. The others might of been fooled, but not Russia. She remembered the days of when he was strong and it wasn't hard to notice that he was starting to lack in recent days. Still, the idea of slapping the albino was pleasing and got Russia fantasize about the action. A good slap would get him on his feet and perhaps curb that attitude of his. Wouldn't that of been nice?

Edited by Doctortear