Chicogal

Hetalia - The Rains of Castamere

Prussia was started from his conversation with Iceland by a shout, followed by a large weight on his back. He stumbled slightly but managed to hold himself upright enough to not spill any of the champagne he had been given by the overexcited nation. Not really his favorite but he was never going to deny free alcohol and chugged it down with little hesitation and even fewer manners.

With a sigh, he looked down at his empty glass then turned to yet another cheerful arrival. Nations now a days were so irritating with how happy-obsessed they were. It was like they were too simple minded to pay attention to real problems. How he missed the old days when he could just duke it out with whoever pissed him off. Now there were pesky laws and such. Plus, he wasn't nearly as strong as he was in the past. Deciding it would be more bothersome to try to get to know the nation, he ignored the man until he took off to go hound someone else.

"Spain!" He declared, finding her much more enjoyable to be around than the other two. South Korea was a bit scary and Iceland was just plain prissy. "It wasn't my fault it was closed!" Ah, Spain. Spain was great company and plenty of fun to be around. Plus, France was here. They'd have tons of fun getting wasted and romping around the city. He'd have to go outside to find France then and really get the party started.

His eyes suddenly widened at a familiar voice as his entire body tensed up. He knew that horrible, horrible voice. What the Hell was Russia doing here? Since when did Russia ever attend parties and who had the wise idea of inviting her? He turned around quickly, his eyes locking on the familiar, tall woman. But instead of finding the warrior he had expected to see, he instead saw a lady in a dress.

He couldn't really help bursting out into laughter at the sight of the woman all dressed up and doubled over, holding his chest. Normally, he would have made a bigger effort to hold his tongue around her since he wasn't exactly on the nicest terms since World War II. Ever since then, he had always walked around her with his tail between his legs, so to speak. But this, this was hilarious! "Russia, what the Hell are you doing?!" He roared, not containing his glee. "Are you wearing heels?!"

"Ah, hello Denmark," England replied with a small nod, glancing at the food. It wasn't like she would eat it anyway. Her stomach was not so big and could only accommodate so much food before she felt ill. She wasn't going to waste that on the food currently out. None of it looked even slightly appealing.

The sound of one of her many children caused her to look away from Denmark and instead focus on Australia. "Your usage of sarcasm is lacking, as always," she replied, taking a small drink from her flask but she did warm up a little. At least Australia wasn't America. That made him much, much better in her books. She didn't pick favorites among her children, of course. She just picked the most horrendous one and then all of the others were much better as a result. The horrendous one happened to be America. "But hello, Australia. It is good to see you."

Iceland looked down at the drink and sniffed it, not swigging it all down immediately like Prussia had. Honestly, the white-haired nation was really rude. He was loud and annoying and acted like some kind of teenager. He was a country though, shouldn't he behave a bit more respectfully? "I will, I will," He quickly replied with a wave as South Korea's attitude took a turn for the worse but quickly rebounded. He took a small drink from the glass that left most of the alcohol behind and smiled. Really, he needed to get out more often. Socially drinking with anyone aside from the Nordics felt awkward and weird. It wasn't like the drink he had been given was bad, he just felt awkward trying to drink it with South Korea right there.

Noticing that she was a little too close to the doorway, Russia took a few steps away from the door. The last thing she wanted was for someone to bump into her. It would be quite the annoyance to be in the middle of a conversation just to be bumped into. The situation would end quite poorly for whoever was dumb enough to bump into Russia. Their day would not end well. A quick greeting from a strange woman caught Russia's attention. She barely had anytime to register the country's before she turned away. Russia recognized the face, but there was no name to go with it. Ah, this was the cutesy one who looked like she was a college student. What was her name again? It was on the very tip of Russia's tongue.

"Oh, greetings Spain," Russia called to the other country as her name slipped into the Russia's mind. "Kak pazhivayesh?"

The woman's eyes turned to Prussia as he suddenly bursted out laughing. Russia merely blinked at the abolished country as he roared with laughter. Did someone say something amusing? Russia hadn't heard anything that was comedic, but, then again, Prussia found many peculiar things whimsical. Cocking her head to the side, Russia listened as Prussia demanded what she was wearing.

"Boss commanded I vear this," Russia answered as she made a quick gesture to the luxurious dress that she very much didn't fancy. "I did not vish to vear it, but the boss found a vay to force me into it." The question of if she was wearing high heels or not made Russia curious. It was obvious Prussia could see that she was, in fact, wearing high heels. Was his vision going bad? Did he not perceive the shoes as reality? What sort of question was that?

"Yes, I am vearing high heels," Russia answered simply. "Not easy to valk in, good for stepping on things. Blunt end is good for breaking things."

(Translation: Kak pazhivayesh? = How are you?)

Edited by Doctortear

Spain had barely enough time to actually walk away when the monstrous woman called back in greeting- or she thought was a greeting. It sounded like she was trying to cough and sneeze at the same time whatever she said after greeting her, but Spain would take it as some sort of pleasantry. Besides, the much shorter woman didn't even have time to turn around and say something back when Prussia began roaring with laughter.

Oh, wait, did he say that was Russia? Spain stopped in her venture to go find Vatican, turning to take a look. Si, there was Prussia, bent over in laughter, and once she stood there and examined the taller woman, Spain could make out the slightly familiar face of Russia. She had only met and/or dealt with the larger country only a handful of times (that little stint some of her siblings made during WWII in joining the Nazis to fight the Soviets was NOT her doing, and Spain had nearly throttled her boss and a few others when she found out- she had been too busy trying to recover from a civil war and reoccurring rabble-rousers, so that didn't count) but she could see some resemblance of the massive, once very scary looking nation in this woman who was still very massive.

And apparently, Prussia's amusement all stemmed from her shoes. What?

"What Prussia means is that you look very nice and your shoes are gorgeous," Spain said, approaching the two just so she could smack Prussia in the ribs. Really, what was he thinking in laughing at Russia of all people? She could break him by merely sitting on him! "De todos modos, since you're here, can I borrow you for a bit, Rusia? That is if you don't mind helping me drag an antisocial person out of a closet and setting him something to eat before Italy gets off his lazy butt and comes to the party and whines because I didn't take care of Vati. I would do it myself, but I would have to carry him and he's a bit taller than I, even if he does weighs the same as a sack of potatoes." There, Prussia better be thankful she's distracting Russia from him. Spain knew that Prussia had something against Russia for something or another. She'll think about it later, though. For Spain, Russia was just a very tall woman on which looking at her made the smaller woman consider how many times her size would it take before she would equal the mass of the Russian, but that was too much math for such a short period of time, and that was that. No hard feelings here.

(( Translations: De todos modos- Anyway

Rusia- Russia. I know, it's so silly, let's take an S out! But it is.

Also the Spanish did in fact take part in WWII- an entire division including an air force squadron joined the Nazi side- but only under the condition that they fought the Soviets, because Spain didn't want to piss off any of their Western Allies. I think Spain was considered neutral during WWII mostly because they only attacked the Soviet Union, and they really only took part in the Siege of Leningrad and the Battle of Krasny Bor before they went home, or because it was only one division and not their entire army (but I don't know).

Apparently Stalin wanted to invade Spain after the fall of Nazi Germany in revenge, but no one else supported the notion because they were tired of fighting and in the end just embargoed Spain.

Also, I really hope no one minds me rambling about random facts I find out along the way. I look one thing up which leads to a link which leads to another link and I soon find myself with more information than I can keep to myself. Just throw rocks or something at me if I become too much.

The once-nation whined loudly and held his side where Spain had punched him. It was enough to stop his laughter and replace his glee with Russia's unusual attire with pain. He'd never admit it but he wasn't as durable as he once was. He was frail and flimsy and exercise just didn't do anything to change that. Something was catching up to him and it was making him like glass compared to the nations. Even a smack from Spain was enough to actually hurt him in the same way it wouldn't have a hundred years ago.

Still, even she hadn't intended to hurt him, the message was clear. The joke of Russia wearing something very un-Russia quickly wore out, especially with that comment about heels breaking things. Like skulls, maybe. Yeah, maybe laughing had not been a good idea. The initial laugh may have just been covering his shock for the fact Russia was actually so close to him. He usually avoided her like the plague and made certain to keep a wide distance between them. He didn't want to be kidnapped or shot or any crazy things like that. He knew Russia. Even if you put a dress and high heels on her, she was a force to be reckoned with. If he could hardly handle a smack from Spain, he really didn't want to start a fight with her. Sure they had their fair bit of tussling in their youth but following World War II, the title of East Germany had suddenly been thrown on him. Of course, he was still Prussia but the rest of the world took the fact he hadn't vanished as a sign that he was East Germany or something like that. It turned out he was just incredibly stubborn but how could they know? Everyone had expected him to vanish into the sunset.

Either way, he had his ass handed to him by Russia for forty-one years as some kind of punishment. But really, he hadn't cared all that much about World War II and he probably got one of the worst treatments coming out of that. It still didn't make any sense to him but even thinking about that gave him goosebumps. Laughing had been a really bad idea. "Verzeihung, I just thought it was… an interesting choice," He declared. That was good, right? He'd watch his back for a few days but at least she didn't seem angry with him. More, confused.

((Verzeihung-Forgiveness (To be taken as a request for forgiveness, aka, an apology)))

Canada smiled and raised her glass of wine to Australia in greetings, glad to be noticed. She was rather surprised that Prussia was the one not recognized, but, then again, Prussia was the odd one out. She never thought Australia of all people would be able to notice her without prompting, especially with all these other countries around. Even though they both had been under England's care.

South Korea smiled at Prussia and Iceland before turning to his new guests, completely oblivious at the fact that everyone seemed to find Russia intimidating/odd. "Hello, Australia!" He called out to the country that had come in without knocking. "Bye Australia!" He called again as Australia disappeared to join England and the others. South Korea's expression became dark all of a sudden and he cracked his knuckles a little, though subconsciously, "No greetings to the host? How rude..." He muttered under his breath. Then he turned to Russia with a wide smile.

"Russia! I'm glad you came. You aren't wearing what I expected, but that's alright!" He chirped cheerfully, pretty much butting into the conversation, but not cutting anyone off. "It's great that you found a new weapon in your heels, but I hope you avoid breaking anything that belongs to me. You know, just don't do what Prussia did. Have a good time!" He shot a dirty look at the ex-country before prancing off to join the other Asian countries.

((That was interesting to know, ND, okay, I think I have OCD, because I can't help pointing out that you missed the ending parentheses. I'll stop bothering you now. tongue.gif ))

Apparently, Russia's greeting warranted a visit from Spain. The short country marched on over towards Prussia and gave him a jab in the ribs before complimenting the same shoes that Prussia had asked about. A sharp cry of pain emitted from Prussia's mouth as Spain slapped him. The sound was familiar to Russia's ears and brought only a simple blink as a response. She was used to hearing others scream in pain or shout out curses, most likely directed at Russia herself. She had probably caused Prussia more pain and suffering than any of the other nations that still existed. Not that she was aware of that, of course. Russia had no grasp on what the consequences of her cruelty was. It was not that she was too stubborn or evil to understand that, she just mentally could not do so. It was a disability very few nations were acutely knew of. Russia herself was ignorant to the problem and, as such, she turned her attention to Spain, completely ignoring Prussia's cry of protest.

One thing that occurred to Russia was that Spain had completely brushed over her greeting. She had not responded and told Russia how she was doing and simply began to talk on about another matter. Russia was not sure if Spain simply did not understand what she said or if she was intentionally trying to be rude. For a second or two, Russia silently studied Spain, determining if some correcting was in order. To be fair, Russia had no idea what "de todos modos" meant. Spain could simply have poor Russian. If that was the case, then Russia could somewhat understand where the other country was coming from, however, that did not explain why she felt the need to slap Prussia. Not that Russia was complaining, it just seemed odd to walk over, hit him, and then start speaking.

Deciding not to question Spain's actions, Russia began to eagerly listen to the other country's proposal. When Spain said "borrow" Russia raised her eyebrows. What did she mean by borrow? Nobody owned Russia and, even if someone did, the chances of them allowing Spain to borrow one of the most powerful countries in the world was very unlikely. The request itself was just as outlandish as the idea of Russia being someone's property.

"You vant me to help you carry Vatican out of a closet?" Russia asked Spain with her eyebrows raising quizzically. "I suppose I could help, but, ah, I don't have much knowledge when it comes to anti-social adults." Russia made sure the add the "adult" part of her sentence. If Vatican was a child, then Russia would of already of had him out of that closet, but an adult? She was good with children, not several-century-year-old countries who she scarcely knew. That wasn't exactly her area of expertise.

The sudden apology from Prussia was yet another thing that got Russia pondering upon the situation. What was he apologizing for? All he had done was laugh and point out that she was wearing shoes. Was she suppose to take offense to that? Either the boss wasn't telling her enough about the other countries' behavior or she needed to get on the Internet more often to see how she was suppose to properly react to certain situations.

"I did not chose this outfit," Russia stated bluntly as she glanced over at a now quieter Prussia. "I thought that was made clear." Russia wasn't upset with Prussia's comment, but merely curious as to why he thought he needed to apologize. Perhaps it was a mistake for Russia to be isolated from the world for so long. If things had changed drastically since she last interacted with the others, then the boss should of ran Russia through the current events of the world before strapping her up in rather uncomfortable clothing and shipping her off to a former enemy country for a party she didn't want to attend. It was though everything Russia said slipped right by her boss's head.

South Korea's inevitable appearance was not unexpected. He was, after all, the host of the party. Everyone knew it was rude to not greet your guests and vice versa. Russia had nearly forgotten to speak with the host before he showed up. His warm welcome was probably the only few sentences that Russia understood during her time in the party. Between Prussia's laughter at her shoes and Spain's odd request, South Korea's salutations was quite the norm. At the comment about her shoes, Russia gave one of her fake smiles that would of seem genuine had the other countries not know what she was really like.

"Ah, I had not planned to destroy your property, nor should I attempt to, Russia replied to South Korea. Russia made a mental note when she noticed South Korea give a quick glare at Prussia before heading off his merry way. She was not sure if he had something against Prussia, but she cared little. From how today was going, it seemed Prussia had more strained relationships than he let on.

Edited by Doctortear

China had gotten bored with the other Asians, and even less happy with Portugal's uninvited arrival. She bid the other nations fairwell in Chinese before turning around to see an old figure from her past. Her face swelled with rage, something the normally stoic and emotionless China allowed to happen. Her eyes gazed on Russia, freezing in place on her. China walked up to her, not even paying mind to Prussia, and spoke to her.

China was sure to show her disrespect right from the beginning. China chose not to speak to her in Russian, rather, she picked a language she knew would anger Russia. China spoke to her in Kazakh, an mutually spoken language, but one that Russia would consider below her to respond in. China would not respond to any thing she said unless she spoke in Kazakh as well. "Who let you in here, coward, who so much as thought to write your name and invite you?"

China's bitterness with Russia came from years of antagonism during the Cold War. China fell deeply in love with the Idea of Communism, even going as far as to abandon many of her allies just to run with it. China expected Russia, in her time as the Soviet Union, to support her and act as an ally. Instead, Russia had no interest in her, and slowly the two began to hate each other. She knew that they had particularly hit a snag in the relationship due to the incident with North Korea. Even today, the two set up the heaviest, most militarized border to date, even having two cities set across a river facing each other, getting more and more complex and huge. What really ruined the relationship was when Russia abandoned socialism and communism, which China felt was an act of cowardliness and appeasement to Europe.

China then noticed something different about Russia. She was familiar with the woman who was an imposing brute, but this Russia was so dolled up and beautiful. It almost snapped China out of her rage, as she came to see just how she looked. The Asian nation couldn't help but blush and look her over, hoping that Russia didn't notice, lest she think China actually admired her or something. She didn't know how serious Russia would take her if she caught her gawking at her.

Australia smiled at Englands rebuttal, typical mother. Grinning he leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the cheek to let her know that her friendliness towards him was appreciated. He quickly downed the remainder of his can and crushed it, depositing the lump of aluminium into a nearby bin.

"Nice to see you again Denny," He said casually as he continued his circuit around the party. He saw South Korea over with China, that person he didn't know, Spain and... was that Russia? Wow she really cleaned up nicely.

He strolled over to the small group, briefly stopping by his seemingly unnoticed esky to pick up another drink. He made his way over to the small group and casually laid his arm around China's shoulders. Perhaps it was being half raised by France or it was just his general good nature but Australia was someone who preffered physical contact as a sign of affection. China had been one of his most prominent trade partners and he felt a great deal of appreciation for all the work she had done, however, he knew of the anger between her and Russia and he didn't want a war to start at a party.

"Good Day to you Russia, I must say you are looking quite pleasing, and I think the clothes suit you far more than your usual," He said in perfect Russian.

"Madame China, please refrain form getting too aggresive. This is a party after all and I don't think South would appreciate you starting a ruckus at his," He said to the shorter lady, now speaking in fluent Chinese.

"Now you two, please behave, you shouldn't be getting lectured on proper manners by someone many centuries your younger," He said, now speaking english once more, he could speak most languages with ease but he didn't want to place favour on either side by using their personal language to express his mild anger at their actions.

Dropping his arm from Chinas side he leaned forward towards Spain.

"Is Vatican really hiding in a cupboard?" He asked with amusement.

"Than let's go get him! No one should try and skip out on South's party! We just need to get him drunk! He's related to Italy isn't he, all he needs is a little wine and he'll be dancing on the tables! Better yet, lets throw him into the pool, things full of punch, get anyone up in the clouds in a matter of seconds from the fumes alone!" Australia exclaimed, now incredibly excited at his idea.

Spain didn't mean to hurt Prussia; she only meant to slap him in warning. Yet the strangled whining and holding his side made it look like she punched him hard enough to break a rib or two. Spain didn't know whether to think that was overreacting to make it look like she hurt him, or under-reacting the fact that she really did hurt him and he didn't want to say anything about it. So she gave him a concerned glance before reverting her eyes back to the massive woman in front of her. Prussia would break down and tell her eventually if she really did injure him; that is, if he could get around his pride.

Russia did an eyebrow thing when Spain mentioned the word "borrow". Was that offensive or something? Well, maybe she took her words too literally? Oh well, it wasn't like Spain was going to shove Russia in whatever closet Vatican was hiding in and lock them both in or anything (although that would be entirely funny if it was anyone else at the party but those two- Russia would be murderous and Vati would probably have a panic attack). Russia did agree to help, although the short Spaniard noted that she stressed on the "adult" word. Was Vatican even considered an adult? Well, he was much younger than she or any of the other Italians, or most of the other countries present at the party, so he may be considered a child compared to the rest of them. Yet Vati was a strange one- she was pretty sure he had changed his name at some point, but she really didn't know much about the details and would never ask either (even if she had her dense moments, Spain knew what topics to avoid in order to not see way-too-serious Italians). Hell, Spain didn't even know Vatican even existed until like ten years after he became Vatican, and that was like, what, sometime after WWI? His home didn't even show up on maps for crying out loud!

"Gracias, Rusia," Spain said, smiling up at the taller nation before the conversation went back to Russia's attire as Prussia apologized and it had most definitely went over Russia's head. Huh, so there must be some sort of literal translating of their words here. And then all of a sudden South Korea popped up out of no where, said something about the broken door to Russia, glared at Prussia for some unfathomable reason before prancing off again, only to be replaced by a fire-breathing China, and shortly thereafter Australia. Okay, so apparently Russia was a country magnet; Spain made a mental note of that as she pinched the bridge of her nose and stifled a groan. Really, what's with people trying to piss off Russia?

Spain lifted her green eyes over to Australia and cracked a grin. "He probably is. If he had less manners he would have sneaked out and gone back home as soon as my back was turned, but of course he does have some manners." Her smile faded slightly at Australia's next set of words. "He doesn't drink," Spain said flatly. "Like, at all. And I never asked why. Serious Italians are never fun. And does he even swim? I never seen him do so..." The last portion was more to herself than to the others, her eyes gazing up at the ceiling as she thought. "I know he doesn't like flying, but swimming? Hm, I never thought about it..." She shook herself out of her thoughts and pulled back her smile. "Whatever! We have to find him first. It'll be kind of like a hide-and-seek game, only that we're only looking for one person. Bonus points if you can convince him out without having to physically drag him out! Come on, Russia, we got an Italian to find!" And Spain was off, turning away to go exploring the house for a runaway Vatican.

(( I missed the parentheses at the end? Sorry, next time I'll put extra. )))

France, meanwhile, had spotted the rather light head of Prussia. He slunk over to him quietly, observing the nations who were gathered there. Then, once he seemed to not be involved in conversation, the man slipped out in front of him. "Bonjour, mon Prussia," he greeted his friend brightly, leaning forward in order to peck him on each cheek and clasp him by the shoulders. He looked at him with soft brown eyes, sweeping down Prussia's body. "Are you alright? Zhat seemed to hurt you," he commented, eyebrows furrowing in worry.

((Sorry for short post))

South Korea appeared seemingly out of nowhere and glomped Australia. "Oh yes, let me join in!" He requested, grinning. Someone not drinking at his party? That was practically a crime! He had to embark on this mission with Spain and Australia. And succeed. He quickly ran to go and find the Italian. Canada had never been so glad of her invisibility as she was when hearing that. She, after all, wasn't drinking any alcohol.

South Korea seemed angry with him for busting down the door but he honestly didn't care. There were very few whose opinions he actually cared about and even fewer whose property he would not willingly destroy or at least mess with. Hell, he had kicked down France's door plenty of times and Spain's once or twice. He wasn't apologizing for that, even if South Korea was hella creepy. Not really a nation he wanted to get to know any better than he already did and one he'd probably ignore and avoid.

He rubbed his side where he had been smacked, gently feeling out his ribs to scope out any damage. He could remember early on in his days when he was injured frequently. Being just as stubborn, if not more so, back then, he had usually tried to patch things up himself. He could remember finding a dark place to probe out where he had been harmed and rather haphazardly trying to fix such injuries. Usually, it was quite terribly done and his boss at the time had to fix the horrible job he had done. But he had learnt a few things like testing if something was broken. And, from the feel of it, he had at least one. Surely Spain hadn't meant to hit him that hard. He was just… right.

"Frankreich!" he declared, trying not to let on about his injury. He moved his hand away from his side, and took careful, shallow breaths. He didn't want to hurt himself anymore, or at least not until he managed to fix things with his ribs. Even if they weren't completely broken at the moment, they could injure other things in his chest area by abusing himself further. "No, I'm fine!" He replied with a smile and a dismissive wave of his hand. "Let's just… take a few steps away from you know who." He looked towards Russia slightly then started to step towards the outside of the house.

Late. He hated being late. The very thought made his skin crawl and upper lip curl in distaste. What a disgusting notion. Although he was usually one for a get-together, showing up late had put Germany in a sour mood. This was evident as the nation stalked inside the large room. Strings of conversation droned on at a dull roar as nations spoke to one another. A scowl slowly crept onto his face at the door that had been kicked so rudely from its hinges. The footprint on the door instantly informed the blond nation of who happened to have kicked it. Luther. Axel called out softly at first, as if testing his own temper. As soon as his icy blue gaze locked onto his brother's crimson, it was all over. LUTHER!

If Prussia thought Spain had treated him poorly, Germany wasn't below chewing his brother out for reckless deeds. It was hard to believe at times that Prussia was the older one. By the way the two acted, younger nations assumed Axel was the elder of the two. Boots clinking against the hard floor, the furious nation's stalk forward quickly broke into a run. Even before he reached Prussia, strings of screaming in German echoed through the now quiet room. First the pale delay, now Luther acting like a god-forsaken child! How was this day going to get any worse!?

---

Any invitation to a party was bound to be accepted. And, as it was with other nations, she couldn't resist showing off. Her usual clothing for nations, but she had changed her hair a bit. Soft waves fell down to her shoulder-blades and bounced daintily with every movement. It was almost as if she wasn't carrying an assualt rifle on her back. Today, Hazel donned her WWII bomber jacket just because. South Korea was as warm as she expected, but the host's building had air conditioning to spare. Slipping into a comversation with a friendly face, an arm snaked palyfully around the shoulders of a familiar brunet.

Heya France! How's everything been going back at your plac- Cutting herself short with a soft squeak, America's grip on France automatically tightened as Germany raged. Muscles in her back and shoulders instinctively locked up as she tensed for a fight. A war was brewing, and violence was the last thing the nations needed. Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. There. No need to grab for any weapons. Axel was just mad at his brother. That was normal. She and Canada tended to beat each other up at Hocket whenever they played together. This was no different. But Axel and Luther...they were a violent bunch historically. Both had been practically brought up in bloodshed and proved to be tough opponents. Gruesome battles from wars previous left Hazel wary. Hey, maybe you should chill out a bit, man. It's a party! Hinges don't cost too much anyways! A seemingly effortless suggestion had the slightest tone of unease. She had arrived to have a good time, not get involved in fights.

Edited by shadow_claw

Any lightheartedness Prussia might have gained back with the appearance of France was momentarily squashed by a familiar voice. Really, Germany was the only one who called him Luther and how could he forget his brother's gruff voice, filled to the brim with irritation? He scarcely saw Germany without hearing him scream about something he had done. But what this time? Sure he had been rude and crashed a party but that was nothing new. Oh, wait. The door.

"Scheiße"

Considering he was already injured and had no intention of continuing on that path that would ultimately land him in the hospital or the morgue, Prussia took the wise approach and took several steps back, away from the angry German. America's arrival was noted and, thankfully, the woman seemed to be on his side. Or at least on the side of not beating the censorkip.gif out of him. He could assume France would take a similar stance but honestly, he wasn't sticking around to find out. He turned quickly to run-a bit too quickly- and pain filled his chest. He held his side as he fumbled briefly but managed to dart behind a table to add some distance between himself and his brother. His hands held his side as his crimson eyes stared at his brother, ready to run around the opposite side of the table that Germany tried to go. Unless he went for a straight-forward tackle, of course. He wasn't sure he could do anything to stop that. "Verpiss dich!" He yelled back. On a scale of Canada to Russia, Germany was somewhat near the top but not enough that he was scared stiff around him. He was still arrogant enough to mouth off back to him. "Stop telling me what to do! I'm older than your ass so that means you aren't the boss of me! I don't even have a boss!"

((I'd translate both of those but they're just swears so… yeah. Translate at your own risk.))

France's lips formed a pout. He did not believe that one bit. Wanting to press him further, he opened his mouth, but the roar of Germany interrupted him. Rolling his eyes, the Frenchman let go of Prussia and turned around to look at him. It was then that the lovely lady who was America was slipping an arm over his shoulders - ooh, he certainly did not mind that. But... Germany. He didn't like Germany. He couldn't stand the man. Turning his head, he pressed a kiss to America's cheek in greeting. France didn't mind her. "He was seemply having a good time. Zhere is no need to shout," he sniffed haughtily.

Denmark had heard the commotion, and the shout that was coming from Germany. She looked at England and gave her a small smile before trotting over to the group. Ah, there was her only neighbour. Apart from the Scandinavians, he was one of the countries she was closest to. They had some... history, but things had been patched up. They got along well now. "Hej, Germany," she called, raising a hand to wave. "Argue later - party now, ja?"

Germany didn't advance on the albino when he slunk away. After all, they were brothers. They wrestled sometimes, but Axel didn't have the heart to beat on the man who had practically raised him. Voices that called out to him made the nation sigh. America was someone not to oppose. She had impeccable aim and a firey temper. France...well, France was laughable. Nothing the nation said would sway anyone. But Denmark was different. They had been classified as a "thing" mockingly by Prussia a while back. Most nations seemed to silently agree. If it was anyone Germany would listen to, it was Denmark.

Although still visibly upset with his brother, Axel wasn't below backing off. He exhaled heavily, and turned his head to look at the other nations. He wasn't exactly welcome here. Sure, he was invited, but people were still wary of him. With a possible war brewing, the entire world was anxious to know what he would be doing. Not that it was up to him. Nations weren't mich more than errand boys that worked for his/her leader. Blue eyes stopping to rest on Denmark, the nation lifted a hand to wave back.

---

Thank God that was over. That could've gotten explosively violent if Germany didn't back down. Slowly releasing the grip on one of her many hidden weapons, America sighed. Germany hadn't caused problems in a long time. He most likely didn't want to create new hostilities between nations. Y'know, I think I'm gonna host a party soon. And I've got a great idea for it. We're all dressed up so modern n' stuff now, but wouldn't it be awesome if we went back and dressed as our past selves? Native America was my favorite time. Everything was so peacef before all the Imperialism. Hazel's blue eyes lit up as she spoke of her own party ideas. She was usually one for hosting parties, and had a knack for making them interesting. Gaze flitting to France, she grinned. What do you think? I think you'd make a good Antoinette.

Denmark smiled at Germany, meeting his blue gaze with her own. She stepped past France and America to come up in front of him. Well. The aggression had lessened, which was a relief. She tilted her head, looking up at the blonde man. "At least you had an entrance," she said, with a small grin and giggle.

France raised an eyebrow and turned his head to face America. He paused for a moment, before flicking his shoulder-length hair with his free hand. "I will look fabulous no matter what I wear," he sniffed. "But I would prefer to be a King... Much better for attracting zhe ladies, non?" He snickered and wound the arm previously around her shoulders around her waist instead, yanking her closer. Ah. That was better. "Zhen again... I am good with zhe ladies no matter what I am wearing..." he mused, raising his eyebrows at her.

((Shadow, I dunno whether or not you read the OOC, but we scrapped the war plot in favour of a freer Arc based role play. We will have wars later, but it was too complicated as I didn't write the plot. The first post sort of summarises it. tongue.gif))

Australia smiled happily at the events around him. The introduction of both Germany and America into the proceedings only enhanced his mood. Germany would cause a bit of strife with France and America had been a friend since WWII. He happily downed the remainder of his beer and decided that he might try the punch. Ignoring the nearby bowl he walked over and dunked his head in the pool, currently full of punch.

With a grin he pulled his head out, it was a strange sensation and a pool of an alcoholic beverage would likely get almost anyone drunk. Luckily Australia was used to such things and felt he improved being drunk. He casually walked back over to America in time to hear her boast about starting a party and crossed his arms, his smile leaving his face to be replaced by a frown.

"Speak for yourself their America, some of us don't really like how we began... I don't want to show up to your party dressed as either England or a convict. Or I could show up wearing nothing but paint?" He thought allowed, idly stroking his chin.

"But as long as there's plenty of booze I'll be there!" He didn't really have a choice in that, as a close ally not showing up to a gathering ordered by America could invoke harsh repercussions.

Quite a few interesting interactions had transpired in the span of about five minutes. It was as though Russia's appearance had caused a stir among the countries. It was either that she was a person of interest or the other countries simply felt that every single one of them just had to be at least within two meters of the proximity of any newcomers. To be honest, it was making Russia feel a bit claustrophobic being surrounded by so many people. She felt as though she was being enclosed, that they were purposely trying to lock her within a circle of bodies. It was uncomfortable and made Russia want to push by others and secure a location in which there were less than five countries attempting to get as close to each other without touching.

The first sign of the area becoming overcrowded appeared apparent just as Prussia recovered from Spain's blow. A familiar figure marched up towards the group with her face contorted into a snarl. The woman walked with the stride of someone who thought themselves superior, her arms proudly pumping by her sides and her chin held up high. If Russia hadn't found the way the woman walked towards her offense, then she surely would find the fact that she spoke to Russia in Kazakh so. Normally, it be hard to think that an ally would be so disrespectful to other, but China was a different case. She was perhaps the only current ally Russia had who did not care to be called "comrade". Russia called all of her allies comrade, but it appeared that speaking the phrase" Comrade China" was taboo. Perhaps if China wasn't so crude and bratty near Russia, she might get on the taller country's good side. Sadly, Russia was not one to play nice to allies when they behaved more poorly than children. She tried to be as kind as she could to allies, but China had gone over the line for far too long.

A frown adorned Russia's visage as China spoke oh so disrespectfully. The Asian country was started to grate on her nerves. Wasn't this suppose to be a political party? (Not that it looked as such.) Did China really want to risk the others knowing that their relationship was unstable? It wasn't as though people didn't know China and Russia didn't care for each other, but they didn't need to know the extent of that! Did China want to risk a compromise between their alliance just to throw an insult or two? For someone who claimed to be reverent, she sure could be immature at times. Russia held back a growl as she glance down at China. The country's face was turning quite red, especially at her cheeks. The fact she was look up and down at Russia, as though she was sizing her up was just asking for it. As China looked the taller nation over, Russia began to think of a way to snap back at China. Speaking in Kazakh was a low blow, and although Russia generally did not resent Kazakhstan, the memories of losing the nation were bitter. It had been most unkind for China to use Kazakhstan just to hurt Russia. It did not bring a huge reaction from Russia, but it certainly stung.

Before Russia could spitefully respond, another figure, one that Russia only vaguely recognized waltzed up to the ever growing group. The figure that Russia now realized was the same one she saw earlier walking in the house placed an arm around China and gave a friendly grin. He gave Russia a comment that started out as a rather polite compliment, but turned somewhat offense. While Russia appreciated the fact that Australia approved of the clothing her boss had arranged, she did not fancy him unintentionally insulting her regular clothing. Was he saying that he didn't like what she wore on the norm? She, for a fact, quite enjoyed wearing her "usual". Russia rather liked having most of her skin covered and not exposed for the world to see. She didn't get to wear her prized scarf in a sparkling dress and that alone made Russia favor her usual attire. At the thought of said scarf, she sub-consciously reached for a non-existent scarf at her neck. Her mouth formed into a line as she realized that her scarf had, in fact, been confiscated for the night. Her boss had said the scarf needed cleaning, which it did, and that if Russia truly cared about her scarf, she'd leave it at home so it wouldn't get anything spilled on it. They argued about the manner for a few days, before Russia initially gave up, but not before giving a rather foreboding talk to the maid, informing them just what would happen if the scarf was lost or got ruined somehow while she was gone. The servants readily, and in fright, assured her that the scarf would not come into harm.

Australia's comment towards China removed the scowl from Russia's face, but the jab at the both of them got him a snort of contempt. He was right, they shouldn't[/] be getting lectured by someone centuries younger than themselves so why where they? Russia for one didn't understand why she was getting reprimanded and couldn't fathom why Australia would have the nerve to brush off China. Yes, she had been rude and her comment was uncalled for and Russia would of easily corrected China as well, but she was pretty sure China wasn't going to take anyone telling her what to do. If Australia had wanted to piss the both of them off, he was doing a find job of it.

"Then don't," Russia said as he dropped his arm from around China. "If you don't think it should be done, then vhy do it?"

By the time Russia had finished speaking, Australia was already speaking excitedly to Spain. Things were beginning to get too crowed and Russia's mood was slipping sour. If the air around her hadn't felt ominous before, it was beginning to get as such. It was clear that Russia was beginning to become irritated with the events going on around her. She did not exactly care for China's snide comment, Prussia's odd observation, and Australia's unintentionally offensive comment. The absence of her scarf only made Russia all the more antsier. Just as it seemed things were going to get worse, Spain suddenly burst out with a smile and called for Russia to join her. The air of eeriness dispersed and Russia gave another one of her fake grins.

"Ponyal," Russia stated as she turned her attention away from the people around her and hurried after Spain, her high heels clicking against the floor. It was almost reliving to get away from the large group. Prussia was already making some steps towards the door and his younger brother was screaming his name. Russia was almost glad that she was getting away from the madness. Almost.

(Translation: Ponyal = Understood

Ack, this took forever and is probably riddled with typos. Do forgive me. D:)

Edited by Doctortear

Things were getting really crazy now. Apparently Russia was a country magnet, as people like China, America, Germany, France, and probably a few others all trickled in (or stormed in in Germany's case) and were all crowding together in the small entryway. Germany and Prussia seemed to be doing their usual brotherly business while France tended to Prussia after Spain smacked him in the ribs (she hoped she didn't hurt him too badly). Russia was getting irritated- Spain didn't even have to look to feel it. Good thing she spoke up and invited Russia along when she did- Spain would've worried for the safety of the others if she hadn't.

Actually, no she wouldn't have worried- maybe for Prussia and France, but the others were up in the air, so they could've fended for themselves.

Spain looked over her shoulder and grinned as Russia hurried after the much smaller woman, her heels clicking on the floor. As soon as they left the main room and into one of the unoccupied hallways, Spain let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. "Anymore people and I would've been squished," the Spaniard said with a half-hearted chuckle, running her fingers through her shortly cropped hair, messing it up more so than it already was. She was only slightly guilty for leaving Prussia to fend to the wolves- aka his brother- but if she was sacrificing her friend to keep herself from getting trampled and Russia from exploding, it was a worthy cause.

"Bien entonces," Spain said, rolling her shoulders and approached a door. "Let's go find that runaway Italian. I got rooms on left, you got rooms on right?" She looked over her shoulder at Russia, having to crane her neck to actually see the taller woman's face. "If you find him, try to talk him out of whatever hole he's hiding in. Or carry him out. Or get me so I can talk him out." Although with Russia, she would probably scare the man stiff or cause him to make a run for it- Vatican wasn't exactly constant in his reactions with new people.

(( Bien entonces- alright then

Remind me to post Italy next time- I can't keep forgetting him x3 ))

Edited by Neutual Demon

Thankfully enough, his brother had backed down with the help of his other half. Prussia really didn't care one way or another about Denmark but as soon as he saw any kind of feelings towards her well up in Germany, he had immediately declared them to be a couple and that had been that. Even more thankfully, Prussia opted not to take the form of action he would have once pursued. Instead of shouting a remark back at Germany and change himself from defensive to aggressive, he let the anger fall to the ground and the prospect of a fight die. Any other day, any other situation and he might have sprung on it. But more recently, he had been losing a bit of his fight and fire and he just didn't see the need to bellow his apparent victory when Germany could just as easily wheel around and break a few more of his ribs.

Gently, he held a hand to his side while using his other to push him away from the table. Spain had gone off somewhere with Russia and France was chatting America up. Prussia personally didn't have anything against America, Hell, he had trained her a while back, but he also didn't really feel like getting involved when France was trying to… be France. He could be a proper wingman when needed but now was not needed and while he could be an ass sometimes, he just wasn't feeling it at the moment. Now when his little, bossy brother was nearby. Germany could be a real kill joy sometimes. Besides, he needed to focus more on finding a pharmacy to get some painkillers, maybe a bandage to wrap loosely around his chest. But he couldn't just walk back out the door, that was too noticeable. Ducking past the gathering of nations, he hurried outside into the backyard where the pool was. Jump the fence, maybe? England was off in a corner outside drinking from a flask or something but who cared about England? She wasn't going to stop him from leaving when he hadn't been invited in the first place.

A warning glance. A slight stiffening. That was all America ever did to tell France to "slow his roll", in her own words. Although she was relieved to see that the room had calmed down quickly, she wasn't in the mood to be wooed by France. Maybe if she had downed a few drinks, but not currently. King? I can see that. But feathers'll fly if England goes as a queen. The thought made the woman snicker. England could get touchy when France seemed to poke fun at her. Anything could set her off, really. Speaking of which, where was England? It was odd not to see her sulking in a corner...

America's gaze focused quickly on Prussia as he exited the room. It looked as if Spain had hit him pretty hard, and being nagged by his brother added insult to injury. Maybe he needed someone to cheer him up. Hey France? I'll be back. Prussia doesn't look all that well. With this stated, she weaseled herself from the Frenchman's grip and slipped out into the backyard. Believe it or it, but albinos are pretty easy to spot. Even in the darkness. He looked like he was going to bail. Had he really been hit that hard? Most nations forgot that Prussia wasn't as sturdy as the other nations, and got hurt like normal people. It had to suck. Slowly walking towards the sulking nation, Hazel tilted her head slightly. Don't let the haters get'cha down, man. Germany needs to pull the stick outta his ass and loosen up if you ask me.

Prussia gave the fence a small wiggle then leaned his hands against it, judging the amount of effort he'd have to put into a leap to actually clear it. Of course, he had to expect that there would be some pain with the jump. He would have to twist his body around a bit and from what he remembered, it was difficult to do that without aggravating chest pain. Still, it was better than resorting to slinking out of the door with his tail between his legs. Nobody aside from England would see him leave. He drew in a shallow breath and tensed, ready to jump over the fence and land on the other side.

The large leap degraded into a small hop as a familiar voice called out to him. Keeping his hands on the fence, he glanced back over his shoulder at America. But hadn't she been with France? Ugh, that probably meant he would be out next. He had kept it mostly hush-hush that his body was much frailer than in the past. Bruises were covered instantly, scratches were hidden from sight and even things like cracked ribs were brushed under the table. He hated the idea of seeming weak. He had once been a proud nation and revealing his current state just added insult to injury. Especially around Spain and France and his brother, but even other nations he felt didn't need to know about his situation. None of them needed to know and he was going to do his best to keep it that way.

Prussia removed his hands from the fence and turned to face America, forcing his hands to his sides instead of pressing them to his chest. "Ja, my bruder has had an entire tree up his ass for many years. I can hardly remember a time when he was not angry with me for something or another. Hölle, I think he just impulsively blames me for everything. But that's family, I suppose. You aren't supposed to like them."

A wave of relief rushed over Russia as he escaped the horde of countries by the door. It was as though the other countries were trying to crush her under their weight. The sheer mass of the group was beginning to become overwhelming and Russia had become very uncomfortable with the situation. If she had stayed in the mob for much longer, she might of snapped. Someone like America, China, or Germany could probably handle Russia getting a little aggressive, but the others, well, they probably wouldn't be pleased with the tall woman using those muscles of hers. Though Russia didn't exactly have a heavy build and couldn't really be considered thick, or to be blunt, fat, she did have her share of muscles and could use her size to her advantage. If there was going to be a point in which the party began to make a turn for the worst, Russia's little fit would certainly be it.

Thankfully, Spain had managed to get the superpower out of harm's way and into a more secluded part of the house. The clicking of Russia's high heels ceased as she made her stop beside Spain who was breathing a heavy sigh. It was mildly comforting that Spain thought the massing of the countries was too much for her to handle.

"Ja, it was getting far to crowded for my liking," Russia agreed as Spain chuckled at her own comment. "You vouldn't happen to knov vhat event sparked everyone's sudden need to gather at the door, vould you?" By the time Russia had finished asking her question, Spain was straightening herself out and telling Russia what to do in order to find Vatican. Russia watched Spain unblinkingly as she craned her neck in order to see meet eyes with Russia. Though the orders were clear, Russia thought there was a hint of suggestion in Spain's tone.

"Vhat vould you prefer?" Russia inquired as she took a few steps towards the first door on the right. "Should I talk to him, carry him, or call for you first? You must have a preference, no?" In the even that Spain in fact did not care what course of action Russia took, she'd just do whatever came to mind in the spur of the moment. The second option was the most likely to occur, especially if Vatican decided to attack Russia or flee, but, in the case that he stood still and made no sudden movements, the first choice might happen. Only once Vatican was secured would Russia dare to call Spain. The nation had combat branded into her mind. She was trained to restrain opponents who made sudden movements and talk down those she could not control. If Spain was looking for someone gentle, she had found the wrong person. Unless Vatican could be tamed just a child could, he'd probably find some form of restraint in the near future should Russia find him.

Edited by Doctortear

In response, America cracked a smile at the other nation. She herself leaped up on the fence to sit upon it and swung her legs idly. Glancing down at Prussia, she pushed a strand of hair out of her face. Yeah, I know that feeling. Canada can be a pain, as can England. Being the "middle child", America understood Prussia's woes pretty well. Canada usually needed her help to fend off bullies, and then England never stopped nagging her. It was annoying. With a sigh, her blue eyes flickered up to the sky. It was a lovely night out. South Korea had taken care to keep his country clean so thing such as the night sky were clearly visible. Everybody always needs to point fingers at someone. It just sucks, ya know?

---

He could never understand why Denmark was always so happy. Pinching the bridge of his nose with a sigh, the nation squeezed his eyes shut. Ja, if zat is vat one calls an 'entrance'. He muttered. Prussia shouldn't have shown up in the first place. He wasn't invited. Most didn't mind him around when he wasn't in a bad mood, but the elder nation had been in a rut for a while now. Prussia's lasting depression left Germany at a loss of what to do. What could he say? "I'm sorry you don't exist anymore"? Yeah, right. He'd pass. I am certain he slunk of to sulk instead of taking the shame he deserves. Prussia was one of Germany's main worries. He lived with Germany, lived off of Germany's food, and did not much more than mope about and/or throw hissy fits. Germany was no father. What was he to do?