Nanashi

seacatsmew's mind [Nightmare Edition]

Chill stopped making snow once she noticed that Abyss had turned the snow into ice. She waited until the rainbow ice had settled, before freezing the crystals into a bigger chunk of ice. The area now resembled an ice skating rink with many small rainbow crystals stuck inside. Dropping down lower to the ice, she carved the words "Circus le Mydknygt" into the ice using her tail. She avoided Abyss who was stationed in the center, being careful not to hit him. With another coat of ice, she made the words stand out and shine. An idea came to her suddenly. Making a giant patch of ice, she let it melt into a puddle. She landed next to the puddle and stirred the water until it started to produce foam. Quickly throwing the foam into the air, she froze it into an array of glistening ice spheres. Because of how thin and light the ice was, they drifted down slowly. Shooting a spear of ice through the top of the tent, she let some more light in to illuminate the ice spheres and the sparkling "ice skating rink". While they were beautiful in indirect light, they simply were stunning in direct sunlight. However, the sun did begin to melt them slightly. Finished, she landed behind Abyss and stayed still, waiting.

GhostSea definitely had some experience with the circus. She was sure of it now. Of course, there was still nothing she could do. Maybe if they got in contact with the beasts that wanted to be free they could free them, but it would be difficult. Was it really worth it? The circus performers were dangerous, with many powers and strong ones. Food would be nothing to them. But, did she really want to do something about it? Did she really actually want to? Deep down from her heart? She couldn't answer that. Maybe if they just ignored the circus, it would disappear. Like an illusion. She knew that it was foolish to think that, but she couldn't help it. Part of her felt that it was too big of a problem and not her problem, part of her wanted to help. If only it were easier to help.

((I guess Chill can make the ice shine decider entry by using different kinds of ice. If that makes sense. Also, Obsidian calls you GhostSea because I thought it would be weird for Caroline and Obsidian to call you the same thing. I seriously can't think of any ideas anymore. No post fuel in this situation anymore. Plus I have to sleep.))

((I kind of like that nickname, actually. xd.png It's only 9 PM over here and I'm going to be breaking my signature... Again...

I made it so that the circus would be really hard to beat. Locket and Cyamir are the strongest. Locket can wield a lot of elements by shifting, but she has a lot of weaknesses. Cyamir... He's weird... And I have all their fears and weaknesses written down.))

A vision flashed before my eyes. I didn't react. I watched. Abyss had spotted me. That was why I saw this... It faded and I gasped for air, my heart beating too fast. Fear. Clocks ticked in my head. I needed to get out. But I couldn't. I was paralyzed. I hoped no one would notice. Because I knew it was false. But it seemed so real, that vision...

((DARN YOU MUSIC FOR GIVING ME VIOLENT IDEAS.))

"It's time to leave." A boy was on a vine, looking down at Cyamir. His black eyes held no emotions, much like Abyss's. "Ah... I apologize, folks. It seems we're behind on schedule. I hope you enjoyed the show!" Cyamir's voice rung out clearly. Abyss looked back at Locket, who had one hand on her whip. He then quickly flew into his cage, which closed behind him, and looked back at sea one last time. He saw her expression. But what could he do? He turned away. Ember let enough heat out to melt the ice, then left to grab Kobra. The boy on the vine was gone, though he was now actually packing everything up. It was his job to warn them about police and such. Cyamir used his shadow magic stuff to form a collar around Chill's neck, and a 'chain' that led into the cage. It was almost impossible to break, and the chain was slowly growing shorter.

((And I have no ideas so the police are coming too close.))

She shrugged placidly. It probably would be sensible to run, but with the way she spent her time sitting or laying around all day, she wouldn't get very far. Walking around outside was a chore in its own right. "Why run through the hills making you trap me when you're clearly the superior predator?" She wondered if this meant her dream was real of if it had been some extraordinary coincidence. Perhaps it was even plausible, that somehow, magic existed. "I admit that I may have seen you before." she closed her eyes, trying to grasp at the thin invisible strings of last night's dream. Yes, it was possible, if implausable. At least, that was how it seemed to be.

The older woman pursed her lips. Of all the stupid things. She would never be the one to say that her daughter wasn't special. She always did well in school with the exception of maybe math and everyone she knew thought she was brilliantly talented, as far as she had been told anyway. She leaned over the arm of the couch, watching what the strange bird was doing. Apparently picking up where Lex had left off and browsing news articles. She did wonder about the park though. The only park she knew was Capital park, which was huge and which had been housing a, dare she say it, dragon in its depths. Maybe her daughter had been right to suspect that the creatures once roamed the planet. Still, it was disturbing that their house, or rather her little girl had been singled out of the entire city. Out of the entire world even.

((I leave and shot-gunning starts... giant shotgunning... but i'm back. And not for long.))

Venril blinked slowly for a moment. She admitted it! "In a dream-like place?" She asked even though she knew the answer. "There was a cat... a certain table-throwing crow... someone died..." She'd forgotten King. Oh well. He would forgive her for it if he ever found out. She still didn't move though and watched the girl a little more.

Varandil scrolled through more news. "Somebody actually got it right!" He leaned over toward the woman, turning the computer with effort so she could see. "Read that one." He ordered, pointing to the article that explained everything that had gone on since they had gotten into the city. Everything from the appearance at the cop car at least. And with quite a flattering picture of Venril's stance to. "Don't worry. She's harmless to things she likes. Your daughter is one of those things. She won't hurt your daughter." He put a wing to his chest too. "I won't either. Crow's honor."

As if that settled all, he now waited for her to finish reading.

(( xd.png Circus shotgunning, to be exact.

Ha... You think King will forgive you... Hopefully he will. Just depends on his mood... And if you plan on bribing him. King's cute, but he's probably more dangerous then Circus le Mydknyght, Carrion, me, E, and A all combined. Don't make him mad...

Only issue is that he's so childish that it rarely appears, and when it does, you can calm him down easily. He's like a child trapped in a adult's body! : D ...I actually have a drawing of his true form somewhere.))

She just nodded. That sounded about right. It certainly had a darker feel to it and if someone had died then that fit right in. The other people in the dream besides Venril herself were somewhat hazy though. She just remembered not liking them and possibly wanting to kill them. There was nothing for certain though.

The woman sighed, loud and long, skimming the article briefly before picking up the laptop altogether and closing it whether or not the crow was in her way. This had been more than enough excitement for the day and it was time for things to start making a little more sense. "Very good to know," she nudged the front door open with her foot. "Now that you know where we live, I'm going to have to ask you to skedaddle."

He was being kicked out. Of all the horrible manners he had witnessed, nobody ever dared to even have enough nerve to kick out a talking crow.

She had shut the laptop, the slight clicking noise it created when shut startled him for a moment. He wasn't used to that. Nor was he used to the door being opened in effort to get him to leave. Being the crow that he was, he wasn't so sure he should oblige to that. "I'm not so sure you want me to do that just yet." He made his way to the door in one glide from the table. Landing just barely outside it with his tail still in the doorframe. If she shut the door on him he'd probably loose his tail. He'd be back in the house in an instant if that were the case.

"You see..." He meandered out onto their porch, hoping the lady would follow. Venril and her daughter were in view from where he was. He hoped then that the lady hadn't read as far as he would have liked- or at least skipped over the report about his scaled-friend apparently throwing someone off a police car. Now, he knew that was different and that she didn't actually throw anyone, but the reporter had said otherwise. The part about tackling and setting a police officer on fire though? He couldn't make that one up. Not in the least.

The Se'kal accepted the nod, standing in a fluid motion before taking the very few steps to get closest to the girl. Lexy. or Lex. She hadn't decided what to call her yet. "The others are around too... probably causing trouble back in that destruction you folks used to call a city." She'd used folks. Varandil's wordings were mixing into her dialect again.

"There's also a food throwing girl about too... though..." She glanced around behind her for a second before sitting and turning her attention back to Lexy. "She didn't seem to follow us. Nor did the others."

Venril, the way she was sitting, now saw the full view of Varandil coming out of the door while speaking to Lexy's mother. Her mother. She was in view as well. And things didn't exactly look like her daughter was keeping a safe distance away from the dragon that had just gotten done terrorizing people.

The woman, on the other hand, thought nothing of kicking the feathered intruder out of her home. After all, she hadn't exactly meant to invite him in to begin with. She set the laptop to the side on the coffee table with a soft clack. Expectantly, she waited for him to get out, which he eventually did after some offhand comment which she didn't quite understand. Of course she wanted him to leave; now even. She ducked out of the way as he flew by landed just inside the screen door. "Come on" she rolled her eyes and prodded him the rest of the way out until he started moving on his own.

She did follow him, just to make sure that he did in fact move on. Still, even if he did leave, crows, especially fluent more intelligent than average crows, could easily find their bright yellow house again if they wanted to. She glanced over at the side yard, knowing that Alexa had gone out back to get the dogs. However, she didn't actually expect to see her daughter there on the ground across from... Her eyes widened "Lex?!" she stepped just outside. "Get inside!"

Alexa looked over, jumping to her feet in a panic and swinging around to face the front door where her mother stood, looking at the scene in horror. She glanced around furtively before stalking over to the door without a word. With a half apologetic and half nervous look at Venril she went inside, ushered on quickly by her mother. She didn't know what exactly was going to happen next but it was either going to involve dragons or a furious talk. The door slammed shut behind her.

Varandil knew that look. He knew that look all too well. We're not busting down their door. He interjected as the door slammed shut. The dragon seemed all too eager to bust down the door. For fun.

The Se'kal waited a few moments after the door slammed, keeping eye contact on the crow. She looked almost as if she would eat him for saying she couldn't bust the door down. But that's not what she wanted to do.

The crow sidestepped out of the dragon's way as she planted herself next to the door, her snout and tail tip literally touching it. She sat as she had before, using her tail to knock on the door three times before it rested. Waiting.

The crow? He stayed where he was. Off to the side, just barely out of the way of both dragon and possible objects being thrown. He was glancing at the window near Venril. This didn't have "good idea" written all over it. It had "dumb idea" in big red letters flashing all around. They would either scare the crap out of these two even more or die or maybe just Venril would get impaled by a very protective mother. Maybe none of that would happen. Maybe they would come dancing out of the house, singing songs and praises to them both for being here.

He shook his head. That was much less likely to happen.

((Sea, Silver, wasn't your other guys's characters debating to go find us? Or, well, Sea's.... somewhere.... I remember reading something about it...))

((Oh yeah. I think he sat down and gave up trying to decide. xd.png ))

King sigehd and stood up. "I shall search anyways! ...Wait, where'd Carrie go? Oh, well." He began walking in the direction he had seen the dragon and the crow go, humming and drawing weird looks. I mean, a boy just randomly walking, ignoring the destruction, chaos, and fire. How does that not draw stares?

((I was waiting for Archios to post... as I've not much to do otherwise *shrugs* unless i wanna just leave leave all suddenly and pull a "Venril" like she does from time to time.))

(( xd.png King's gonna just keep walking and I'm busy in a circus and seriously what did I make Carrion do. I can't remember. But I'm thinking of making another character to kill off that I won't kill off.))

((Yeah, their interaction is getting a bit tedious for me, mostly since I have an NPC I don't care for to control in my posts. If you 'pulled a Venril' I'd appreciate it as real-life shenanigans are not my thing))

((Can do!! biggrin.gif *loves doing this*))

Varandil waited for only a few seconds longer before the dragon abruptly stood up and turned away. She left a scratch on the door from her tail, but otherwise the door was unharmed. He flitted over to her as she walked briskly off the porch. "Are you going to leave? Or bust down the door?" He dodged a swat. "What's it look like?" The vague dragon was back. He didn't understand it. Why did she sit there for a few more seconds then?

"Leave? Then why--?" "You wouldn't let me bust down the door.... so I waited to see if I could scare a dog or something."

The Se'kal didn't last long for walking. She had gotten off the front lawn before bolting down the street in the wrong direction for going back the way they had come. They were heading toward another house, which Varandil realized what was going on much too late to do anything about. She never said she didn't want to bust down a door. But she didn't want to bust down the girl Lexi's door. Anyone's door besides their's was perfectly bustable.

The crow tried to stop her from crashing into the front door of a house they didn't know. He flew into her face, planting himself there probably by a stupid idea. She didn't stop. He felt the door smash and crack all around him, though she had lowered her head to not smash the bird. At least the dragon had a heart to spare him.

Someone screamed the high pitched screech humans usually give off when terribly frightened. Someone else had thrown a baseball. A baseball?? Seriously!? Venril audibly chuckled, the laugh being a mix of a growl, actual humanized laugh and an odd chirp noise she could make. It wasn't natural. Nor was there being an uninvited dragon inside someone's house. "Do any of you have cookies? Or better yet peanut butter pie!?" Venril had shaken the crow off, resuming her composure and planting herself in a sitting position in what looked to be the dining room. Half the table had been crush. Glass was everywhere. The door, well, the door was in pieces. The living room wasn't much better.

Varandil laid on his back motionless, starring up at the dragon's underside at her neck. One single shard was poking out of an upturned scale, dripping some blood down onto his stomach. He closed his eyes as Venril spoke. They were dead. He at least was.

(( xd.png Oh my gosh that's hilarious.))

King blinked as he heard the sound of a door being broken, partly thanks to being a wolf hybrid thing and therefore having better hearing. "I'm guessing they're knocking down doors," he said cheerfully and sped up so he was running. He kept it somewhat slow, and as soon as he spotted the door, he slowed to a walk and calmly began heading towards the door frame.

He was suddenly on the steps, looking in with a smile. "Ah! There you two are!" he said happily, completely ignoring the fact that A. There were other people who would probably throw something at him soon, and B. Most of what he saw had been destroyed by the two. It was just his personality. It didn't bother him. Nothing ever seemed to at all. But lying was his specialty. Not like it ever seemed like it. He didn't mind. He preferred it like this.

"I was worried you two might have gotten into trouble," he said. "If you want peanut butter pie, by the way, I think we still have some left." That wasn't a lie. He had heard something about peanut butter pie, and he knew Carrion had made some. "But you shouldn't bother random strangers." He smiled again.

((When the font changes, he's lying about something. For this one...

"I was worried you two might have gotten into trouble." He wasn't worried. He had nothing else to do.

"But you shouldn't bother random strangers." He could care less about strangers.

...Okay, I'm not gonna explain what he's lying about after this. c: But my characters are kind of weird...))

((Sea, your font changes disappeared... they were there before when I thought i had responded to this... and now they're not :/ *shrugs* I have no idea why.))

Venril turned to see King, surprisingly, as he waltzed into the half destroyed house. "I bet they have pie. Carrion can keep hers." She mentioned, not really taking her eyes off the petrified humans frozen before her. Much to their horror. They had hoped the distraction could be their escape.

Varandil still acted as if he was dead, more so because he was waiting for the tell-tale 'things will be thrown' scream that usually ended up getting someone maimed or killed. That was different from the original high-pitched scream they had heard before.

"We don't have pie." A younger but firm voice stated. The crow barely opened an eye to see the dragon bristle slightly. That was bad. "Nooo?" She asked, cocking her head to the left as her tail flicked. "We don't have any type of pie. Or sweets. Or anything." The same firm voice. The crow guessed it was from a teenager who was brave enough to stand up to a dragon.

"No huh?" Venril stood up in a fluid motion, taking a slow step toward the male teenager who could barely be considered that. "Nope." "And why not?" Varandil caught a cold chill from the dragon. Oh no.

The boy's father moved protectively in front of the boy as she took another step forward. Frost flowed from each step as she channeled the cold. The crow's view seemed to have frozen itself for a moment when he noticed a smaller human dangerously close to the green dragon. The mom seemed the most scared. Yet, he knew why his vision 'stopped'.

The smaller child had paused Venril. He carefully touched the dragon's foreleg as she took another chilled step. That caught her attention but seeing the child not be scared gave her pause. He looked right into her eyes, awed and amazed at the sight of her. She held that gaze, adopting a more friendly appearance as she sat down once again. Her tail almost crushed Varandil, though he decided it was now safe to move. He adopted his spot back on her head. "Found a friend?" He asked playfully, looking down curiously at the young child. He smiled back up at the bird and dragon. Nobody else dared move.

((Really? o_o I can still see it... Well, the 'bump' has both Geneva and Courier in it.))

King shrugged. "Your choice," he said with a smile. "Aaanyways, hi, Varandil!" The boy waved to the crow. He showed no concern for anyone. Not even himself. "Well, I should get going I guess." He turned, and left the ruined house. Then he pulled a mask out of his pocket and threw it into the air, catching it with one hand and slipping it onto his face. The mask's right half was white, and the left half was black. It was a full-face mask that had no mouth. Nothing but eyes, actually. King wore it normally when he slept. Not so often when he was awake.

He paused, then, and turned to face the house. He moved the mask up to reveal his face. "You two should stop by the house sometime, though! It's a lovely little place. And you'll understand her mind better." He slipped the mask back down and turned away, walking again.

...Hmm. I guess I should have told them where the house was. With this on his mind, he smiled and continued walking, the mask hiding his expression.

((I like masks.))