Nanashi

seacatsmew's mind [Nightmare Edition]

She let out an involuntary scream as Venril's roar ripped and rippled through the air. She clung to her mother's arm. Something seemed too familiar about this. More familiar than it should. She could see clearly the beast perched atop the police vehicle and she was both terrified and intrigued. She knew this wasn't a film shoot because half of her city wouldn't have been razed to the ground, but that's what it felt like. It felt like there should be cameramen tapping their equipment lightly to make it shake and a helicopter getting air shots and that, of course, made her and her mother extras who could very easily be killed by the crumpled remains of a car crashing through the air, the collapsing of an iconic building such as her school, or being eaten whole by the dragon itself. She found herself backing away and dragging her mother along with her towards the car, and she seemed to agree that they should go home, or out of town, or... It wasn't clear what they should to about this.

Venril spotted Carrion flying nearby. She noticed too a girl further away dragging her mother. Something about that girl. But no, the annoying crow was more of a problem.

She spat a small gob of fire Carrion's direction and Varandil flew off, mentally heeding the question about the other girl. A gunshot rung out, grazing past the friend-crow. He barrel-rolled to dodge the bullet as Venril tackled the man who shot. He was soon a mess admits the fire that started on him. She jumped back onto the cop car, watching Carrion. "Where is she then?" She asked rather cooly for seeming so angry. She was debating whether or not to charge the other threat in the sky. She could easily tackle her to the ground and finish with one poisoned swipe. But that would not tell her where Sea was.

Varandil hurried his way toward the girl and her mother. People shied away from the bird they had saw on the dragon. Some muttered curses, others prayers, others tried to ward off the bird with various hand gestures. He kept his course for the girl and mother who were dangerously close to a car. Venril didn't want them gone. She didn't say why, but she didn't want them gone. "Hold up!" He tried, reaching nearer.

Carrion quickly dodged the fire, and turned to face the dragon. She muttered a curse and landed on a streetlamp. "That's a great question. But that depends on who you're talking about." Her voice carried a tone of worry. She had no idea where sea was. And the real sea was currently being hunted by the circus(fear of clowns). And she knew that. Which is why they had to find her before the monster from her mind got her, or the circus. Unless they wanted the girl to die. But if that happened, many things would break. And that monster would rip her apart. And the circus would torture her.

But the girl was a monster, was she not? Which was part of the reason Carrion was so concerned.

Alexa stopped, her expression half pained and half confused. This was wrong. This was all wrong. This was... She had a dreadful feeling of deja vu and she knew that something from her dream last night had foretold this. She had seen the green Dragon and the Crow. This wasn't a dream, this wasn't a show, and yet it wasn't possible. The telltale clunk of a car door closing hit her ears. Her mother! It brought her back to the half-baked fleeing instinct that had come up a few seconds prior.

Her voice was deep for a girl, dull with few natural inflections, and gravely from the ten-minutes-per-day use it got. Before she had control of it, her voice decided to use itself "No..." she murmured to herself. There was no way in hell that she was going to stop, for a talking crow, when there was a dragon-lizard spewing fire, and most of the city was reduced to a pile of rocks or buildings that were only standing on one side. Instead of practicing her standing around in a crisis skills, she sprinted back to the blue car she came in

((I won't make you chase her, because that's silly. If she ends up making off then I'll bring her back around at some point))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Varandil almost reached the girl. Almost. Had it not been for someone's well timed smack he would have reached her.

He rolled into the road, soon surrounded by the humans. Someone had their phone out as if they were going to throw it at the crow. He thought he heard the sound of a car drive away, but given how many cars there were he couldn't be sure if it was that girl.

"What are you waiting for!!?" Someone shouted that. Someone not in the tight humanized circle formed above him. He turned himself over, shaking his head a little bit. "Why must you all whack crows all the time!?" He looked up, ducking from the phone that shattered behind him and smacked into someone's leg. That person glared at the one who threw it. Someone else screeched.

Yes crows could talk. He thought, expecting to be kicked. There's nothing magical about that. Crows can learn to speak just like your good old parrots can. Even better some say. I certainly can speak better than some dumb old parrot.

He wasn't entirely sure what happened next. Lots of feet moving around. A few cars screeched off. Someone nearly trampled him even. He didn't move as he knew that would be the absolute worst choice with all the chaos. Instead he practiced dodging feet. Or bags as the occasional purse or school bag sloshed through his space for a moment as others ran away. What was going on?

Venril never took her eyes off the female crow-shifter. She was aware guns were trained on her. Some even on Carrion now that they took notice of her. She was aware of the chaos. "The girl." She growled, stamping her left front claw. "You know of whom I speak!" She yelled back to Carrion, clearly not in it for games.

But suddenly her demeanor changed. Not too drastically, but enough to be noticed. "I simply wish to speak to her. And if you can tell me where she is, I will be on my way." The police car started to freeze a little bit now as she stood there. The police glanced up to Carrion as if pleading to her that she should tell the dragon where the person she sought was. For their sake. Which Venril doubted would happen.

"The monster? Sea? That's exactly who I'm looking for. KING, PUT DOWN THE GIRL!" Carrion was ignoring the guns and now glaring at King, carrying the purple-eyed girl. She paused, then sighed. Tables appeared, hovering above her, in case the police dared shoot her. The tables were metal. "KING!" she yelled again, annoyed. "Carrion, circus," he warned, walking over like this happened every day. Carrion paused and looked behind him, and spotted random dots of color, and a purple flame. All outside the city. "Not again," she muttered. King put the injured girl down, and waved to the Se'kal. "Hey!" he said cheerfully. The girl was confused. "...The heck..." she muttered. "Portal, remember?" King asked Carrion. "Forgot about that." Carrion glided down to him, tables following.

The Se'kal noticed the boy again, having taken her eyes off him to focus on Carrion. He held a girl. When Carrion mentioned looking for her too, she was about to speak when the boy started to speak. He said something about a circus amidst Carrion's yelling. By the way Carrion muttered 'not again' she could conclude that was a bad thing.

The dragon hopped off the car, sending what police were left scattering to safety. It was half frozen by now just from her standing there. The icy mist still wafted with her as she moved. "What is this about a circus and Sea being a monster?" She could guess what it was about the monster. "Is that her then?" Her tail-tip pointed to the girl who seemed a bit confused. She ignored King's wave.

A smaller roar escaped her, and by no means was it any less threatening. It was directed toward the group of people surrounding her crow. Her friend. They didn't seem to take the hint however and went about screaming and running around.

"This is why-" She didn't finish, stalking over closer to disperse the crowd and let Varandil perch back on her horn. The dragon didn't go very far until she was seated back by Carrion and King.

"What is this all abo- who's that?" Varandil asked, noticing the new girl. "She's injured... I may be able to fix that." The crow ignored the Se'kal. She could fix it. That he knew. But so could he. "If you'd like her healed quicker I can do that. This one here..." He rubbed a horn against Venril's liking. "Doesn't know healing magic... but I do." He added, looking over King, the girl and the female crow in turn.

"I'll quickly explain. Sea is a... Monster, of sorts. A bakeneko, or demon cat. Her father died before she was born, her mother was missing, her stepmother gave her to the circus. She escaped, and also somehow summoned a purple flaming wolf skeleton that wants to eat her soul, so now she's constantly avoiding both the circus and the wolf. Which is why she has a fear of clowns. This is sea, but not the one you know. Her mind allows all her pain to seep in and causes her to act completely different. It changes her. Destroying half the town and completely demolishing three other towns was the circus, forcing her to do that." Carrion looked at the Se'kal warily. "It'd be nice if you'd heal her, Varandil. I don't trust her when it comes to sea's life." "Carrion, be nice," King said. "No." King sighed. "But Carrie..." She shot a warning glance at him. King ignored it.

"OW GET OFF MY ANKLE!" the girl yelled. Carrion hopped off. She whimpered in pain, and really wished that she wasn't covered in cuts and bruises and that her ankle wasn't burnt. It made it hard to think.

Varandil alighted near the girl's ankle and examined it as he did so. It looked pretty bad. But nothing he couldn't fix. It would just take a little bit of time.

He looked to Venril, and she to him, before they both gave a slight nod. They'd help. And she'd be there to calm the girl down if anything should go a rye while he worked. They didn't want anything scaring her during this.

The dragon turned and hopped back up onto the car, scaring police officer and human alike who had ventured nearby to get a closer look. There she sat, perched like one of those Gargoyle statues you see on some churches. She continued to cause the police car to freeze as she sat, frost even showing up on her own scales in some places.

Varandil did his work, hopping up near the girl's ankle and covering it gently with a wing. He closed his eyes and started muttering softly, hardly audible to anyone but himself. Soon, a small golden glow could be seen from under the wing, creating an eerie look through his feathers. The intensity increased as he worked a little longer. When a human tried to leap over the car to get a picture- figuring Venril frozen now from her appearance- the dragon snapped back to life, grabbing the human's arm and sending him the other direction as any rather angry parent would to a child. Gently, but with force to get the point across.

That seemed to suffice. Nobody attempted to cross that boundary again. The crow too, after a few more minutes, was finished and hopped off the girl's leg. "There you go." He bowed slightly. "You'll find the added benefit of no more cuts and bruises. Those, my dear, were easy to fix." You could almost swear you saw a smile coming from that bird.

Venril stayed where she was, eyeing a particular human who looked as if he wanted to challenge her. "Try it. Go ahead. I can break arms too you know." She spoke, shaking off some frost. He didn't try it.

"Varandil, we ought to go find that other girl you tried to get." She called back so the crow could hear. They'd forgotten about her. Not exactly, but somewhat.

"She's long gone Scaley!" He called over someone cursing his dragon friend. She didn't seem to mind being called a demon. Though, she never did.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

"Th...Thanks... I'm just glad it didn't use much fire," the girl said, slowly sitting up. She examined her ankle, slightly surprised at the fact there wasn't a single scratch. "You're amazing... So is your... Friend? The dragon," she said, looking at the Se'kal. "...Though it seems a more appropriate word would be allies..." The girl looked over at her friends, the crow and the boy. The two were watching her. "W-What? Is something wrong?" she asked, startled. "H-Huh? No," King said, shaking his head. He had been daydreaming about steak. Carrion simply shrugged. "How would I know?" she asked. "Point taken, Carrie. King, you're such a child~" "Of course I am!" he said, slightly baffled. The girl laughed lightly. "One moment. If you see a fireball of purple or flaming tables, don't panic." Carrion quickly lifted off the ground and flew off.

Within a few minutes, she was back, smoke coming off her feathers. She landed and coughed up ashes. "That wolf of yours is annoying. Though, I got it and the circus to leave this town alone," Carrion said, shifting so that she could get rid of some of the ashes easier. "You weren't on fire this time," King said. "Shut it," Carrion snapped. "You're the same as ever," the girl muttered. King nodded in agreement, chuckling. "What'd you say?" Carrion glared at the girl. The girl laughed again. It was like nothing had gone wrong.

Caroline woke up suddenly, opening her eyes. She wasn't drowsy at all. 'I just had a weird dream. Awesome. I love having dreams.' She thought. It was one of those days where she had gotten perfect rest, so she was able to sit up and look around immediately. "Wow. The pillow's at the bottom of the bed. How'd that happen?" Hopping off the bed, she picked up the pillow and put it back on the bed. Not bothering to make her bed, she went downstairs. "I'm going to go ride my bicycle!" She called out to her family before going into the garage and putting her bicycle outside. Getting on it, she pedaled towards the destroyed part of town. Wait. When was the town destroyed? She had momentarily forgotten, but remembered again. Shrugging, she continued pedaling. That smoke sure was lasting a long time...

((Gnidscnusdnvjsfbviyerg new character post))

Obsidian sat in a tree and watched the many cars flee. Hmm. Something must be happening that absolutely terrified everyone. Was that a police car? She was curious now. If police cars were fleeing, then it was truly something. Summoning a frozen eel, she held it in her hand to use as a weapon in case someone attacked her. Shrinking her staff, she used a vine from the tree to make it into a necklace. She jumped out of the tree and started casually walking in the opposite direction of all the cars, ignoring the looks they gave her. One person even shouted at her to stop walking in that direction. She merely responded by saying "Oh, I know what I'm doing." She could see a crowd up ahead, but just barely. As she got closer, she saw a dragon. She ever so slightly changed her posture unconsciously. Dragons weren't associated with good memories in her mind to say the least. Swinging the frozen eel around, she whistled a tune. It wasn't any tune in particular, just a clear piercing sound. She'd get to them eventually at her own pace.

The girl froze. "FISH!" she suddenly yelled... And turned into a Russian Blue cat. Without a second thought, she shot toward the food mage. "...And there goes her cat instincts." Carrion sighed. "I wonder what fish taste like to her," King said. "Like fish." "Really?" "Yes, you golden idiot."

((...It sucks, but eh...))

Obsidian was caught off guard as a cat shot towards her. Reacting instinctively, she slashed with the frozen eel and used her left hand to grab her staff off the vine. Succeeding in ripping it off, she summoned a horde of flounder and sent it towards the cat. The staff was back to its full size now, reaching up to her eyes at its highest point. Cats liked fish right? If she kept throwing fish at it maybe it wouldn't go crazy on her. She couldn't use her magic forever though. Thinking of an idea, she stated summoning a fish. This one was large, so it was going to take a bit of time. Her staff glowed red, and a shape reminiscent of a swordfish began to appear. With one tilt of her staff, the huge fish was catapulted towards the cat.

((Food fight!))

((ACTIVATE MY MAGICAL POWER! ...First thing that came to mind: I have no idea what this cat is called. I found it a few years ago and it's apparently called 'evil cat' because I find it a lot when I search that.))

Suddenly, the cat's mouth grew more then technically possible, and it swallowed the fishes whole. Then her mouth returned to normal. She walked over to Obsidian, purring, and rubbed against her legs. "Now I don't have to search for food for today~" she said happily. "That's one way to get a cat to like you." "...I prefer hitting her with a table."

Venril saw Varandil about to answer when the girl ran off. Definitely Sea. She resisted the temptation to charge after her when Varandil flew back up to her horn. "Wanna go find the one who got away?"

She saw the weird other girl throwing a frozen eel around. She loved eels. Especially frozen. But the crow caught her look, and blinded her for a few minutes.

When he let up, they both witnessed the fish scenario and Venril hopped off the police car toward the humans. Scattering them. Again. Varandil sat perched proudly as she wandered through the mess toward where the humans had surrounded the crow before. He took off from there, flying just slow enough for the dragon to follow without having to fly herself. Or really run for that matter, as she could easily overtake him.

They both knew by now that finding the car that had traveled off was a very long shot of a chance. Venril didn't care. Something about the girl made her want to go check her out more. See whats up. Especially after meeting Carrion, King and apparently Sea. Though, the eel-weilding girl too caught her interest. She didn't meet that one before. Neither of them did.

((I'm gonna go build an army of circus characters. They're gonna be weird.))

"Better get going. The seal is almost off." "Seal?" King asked, thinking of the ones that went 'arf arf'. "Not the kind you're thinking about." Carrion sighed and stood up, then turned and began walking. "Wait, what am I supposed to do?!" King yelled after her. "How would I know?" she yelled back before vanishing from sight. King continued sitting there. Now his face looked like a Ditto's.

((Ditto face. Because it's the weirdest face I could think of.))

She and her mother had, in fact, driven away ahead of the rush of people who finally had the sense to hightail it. Theirs was a small dark blue compact car. There were only a few like it in the town, but that wasn't to say that you wouldn't see one or two on a sunday drive. It was in good condition, no chipping paint and only a small dent that had appeared mysteriously one day in the passenger door. Even if it was sort of an emergency, her driver took them the speed limit in almost a straight line away from the chaos. Their house wasn't much further than a mile or two away and they came up on it quickly.

Obsidian was startled when the cat ate all the fish by expanding her mouth. It was kind of scary but at least the cat liked her now. Looking at the cat she said "Don't eat me alright?" Walking over to a tree, she got another vine and put her staff on it. The tree had some peaches growing on it, so she picked one and sat down to eat it. The peach was surprisingly sweet and juicy and was perfectly ripened. What was she going to do with the cat? Looking up ahead, she found that the dragon was walking away. Should she follow it? She didn't really want to though so she continued to sit there and eat her peach. She didn't really have anything to do now. By the way the crowd had scattered when the dragon jumped probably meant that it was what had caused a scene. She turned towards the cat "What's your name?" She asked, completely unfazed by the fact that the cat could talk. Might as well get to know the cat better.

Venril enjoyed the fact that cars swerved out of her way to miss her. She was in the correct lane for a car going her direction, though the cars on the opposite side still moved as far away as possible. Where did they hope to go going toward the wreckage of the city?

Varandil had flown a little higher to try and get a better view. There weren't many cars on the road going their direction. Probably a good thing. Less confusion. I think it was blue. Looked blue. He was trying to explain the car to the dragon and wasn't doing a terribly good job. There had been too many cars and too much chaos to really be sure which one the girl had gotten in. She was going toward a blue one at least... dragging who I guess was her mum? Probably. Or an older sister maybe... humans have that sometimes.

Did she say anything to you? Pause or anything? Venril was indulging him as they neared the edge of a nicer neighborhood. The entire road had been on a hill, and she had stopped a few times so Varandil could marvel at the view as well instead of just flying along like he did. He liked to stop from time to time and see things from her height on the ground.

Yeah. 'No' is what she said... quietly... I'm not entirely sure why. I had said wait up... so maybe it was for that. He would have shrugged had he not been flying.

It didn't take much longer to reach the neighborhood fully. Now that they were inside these grounds, the crow had once again taken his perch. Those outside ventured inside quietly- so not to disturb the dragon that had wandered into their neighborhood- and shut their doors, no doubt locking them as much as possible and probably pushing heavy objects up for barricades.

What they didn't know was that she wasn't looking for them. She was searching for a blue car, possibly with a lady inside it with a younger girl. She doubted that last part would hold true. By now they probably were inside.

The problem? There was a few of them around that she could see, either neatly parked on the side of the street for a few moments or parked neatly in the driveways of the houses if there was no room in the garage. There was no telling if more resided in those garages.

"It had to be blue..." Venril muttered, sighing. Should they knock on doors? Varandil seemed to think that would be more productive than staking out houses for days. Albeit it could get them killed or smacked into the ground again. But, she decided it was their best option.

With Varandil hanging back a bit to keep watch on her backside so no one tried to tranquilize her or shoot her, the Se'kal ventured up a few steps to a front porch of the first house with a blue car and gently knocked on the door with her arrowhead-tipped tail, sitting as nicely as a dragon could while trying to look not threatening at all. She expected the worst.

"You just fed me. There's no way I'm eating you. The name's seacatsmew, or GhostSombra, or whatever nickname you can come up with from those two names. Yours?" I asked, yawning and stretching.

A circus had been set up outside of town. A girl with red eyes and no pupils was making sure everything was ready. A boy with red eyes and dark blue/purple hair looked over. "It's all prepared," he said in a sing-song voice. The girl nodded. "Ah, but it's such a shame the kitten left us," a girl said. She had blonde hair and chocolate eyes. "She was such a lovely one to train." "Maybe you scared her away." A boy with neon blue eyes, black hair, and snakes wrapped around him was watching the three, and had just spoken. "Oh? Not as lovely as you'd be." "Trying to make my job harder?" The four looked over at an odd man, with black hair, black eyes, and a suit and hat. Before the Beast Tamer or Snake Boy could speak, the Ringleader replied. "Of course not. Now, it's time to get ready." They nodded and all but the black-eyed man entered the circus tent. The black-eyed man entered the destroyed city to invite people.

She and her mother were inside, discussing fervently what the hell was going on. She was on her laptop looking at the scarce news reports on the subject while her mother phoned her co-workers to see if they were alright and if they knew what had happened. The blue compact was indeed outside in front of the house along with two other vehicles and the family's two dogs were in the yard, barking and howling and generally making a ruckus. They were short, large dog breeds balanced on little corgi legs, and they avoiding going near the giant lizard on their front porch. Instead, they were going off a respectable distance away.

Alexa looked up from her laptop as there was a knock on the door, lifting up the blinds to the front window and meeting the sight of scales which rose and collapsed in time with the dragon's breathing. She set her laptop to the side and got up to let her dogs in. It was safer for them to be inside. Was it a coincidence that the... thing had shown up here? Was it tracking her? She made her way quietly to the back. "Back Door" their alarm system chimed helpfully as she opened it. Quickly she slipped outside, not trusting her dogs to know she was there, even if she shouted at the top of her lungs.

She appeared around the side of the house next to their blueberry bushes which always failed and crouched, patting her knees and making motions to get their attention. The younger one was the first to notice her, whining and barking loudly in glee as she pranced towards her master. The eldest, a yellow dog looked over a moment afterwards, seeing that her compatriot was gone and bounding after her as she too spotted one of the people of the house.

Varandil eyed the dogs, amused. They sure liked to carry on rather oddly. Then again, he was a crow, and Venril was a dragon. He doubted they had ever seen a dragon before.

Venril waited patiently for someone to open the door, knocking lightly again. Nothing. She thought she had heard 'Back Door' from inside the house somewhere, but didn't understand why that would be there. It didn't sound exactly human. Almost like an animatronic was trying to be a human. It was odd.

Regardless, she waited. And still nothing.

These dogs are hilarious. The crow's thoughts broke her patient waiting in silence. They sure do bark. She replied back with an amused tone, watching the door for any signs of it opening.

One of them is going away though...

What? Why? They seemed so interested in barking at her and her crow friend. Does it have to use the bathroom? The dragon almost thought she had heard a faint patting sound. Hopeful still, she didn't take her eyes off the door.

Would it need help from the older dog to do that? They both seem awfully cheerful about it... The crow hopped a little over their direction to where they had previously been. Someone had already gone to the bathroom. I'm going to judge it isn't the bathroom. He commented, backing up from that. At least they knew now that dragons could scare dogs.

Venril picked herself up off the porch after knocking one last time and waiting a moment. Nobody was going to answer. She quietly made her way off the porch and over near the crow, who was now telling her where the dogs had gone. There was some bushes that direction. Varandil had said they ran happily over there. And sure enough, a doggy tail was spotted going past one of the bushes in a glimpse. Their whining and happy barking could be heard obviously. Squirrel maybe? The crow thought as he watched the dogs disappear from his view and be filled in by part of a dragon. Venril peered over that direction, just barely spotting what looked to be human before a dog's wagging body got in the way. They sure seemed happy.

A very big squirrel if they're not focusing on the ground... She judged, pausing in mid-movement. She didn't want to scare anything else. Surprisingly.

Another dog then? The crow was starting to get a little confused. He glanced back at the front door.

There's only two distinct barkings. And I don't know any dog who can sound exactly the same as another dog...

Varandil fluffed himself up a little. So it wasn't another dog then. Maybe someone finally ventured outside? I'll go check the door. He informed the dragon as she stood there frozen in her mid-step pose, watching the bush for any signs of what it may be without scaring it.

The crow fluttered over to the door, tapping it with his beak twice. Maybe they would answer for a crow.

Alexa hugged both of them, pulling the youngest flush against her chest. The two were mother and daughter, one a lab/corgi and the other a keeshond/corgi. Their most annoying quirks? Neither had been house trained and the keeshond never shut up. ever. period.

This had earned her the rightful title of squeeky or whiner by everyone except herself who was more interested in calling them what they were supposed to be called. The eldest Ruby and the youngest Keesha, after her breed.

"Come on, babies" she cooed, trying to calm them. Petting, at least, seemed to sate them for a while at least. She ran her fingers through their coats as both pushed to be the center of her attention. It was all rather silly seeing as they, you know, had a dragon in their front yard.

She waddled forwards in a crouch, both dogs following after her with tails wagging. Cautiously she peered around the side of the sparse shrubbery, staring at the dragon that was staring at her spot from across the lawn.

As she did so, Ruby frolicked out from where they had been, suddenly becoming stupidly brave now that one of the humans was around. Alexa made a grab for her tail but there was no stopping the older dog. She pursed her lips "Ruby!" she called hoarsely.

However, the dog was already in front of Venril, sniffing her. The younger dog had more sense and decided that the back patio was a much more interesting venue. Sighing, she appeared around the corner, coming forwards slowly, trying not to aggrivate the creature on her lawn.

At the same time her mother, an older lady with short silvery hair and a rounded phisique appeared at the door to answer Varandil's tapping. She stared curiously at the being on their storm door and opened it too to either shoo the crow off or let it go on its own.

Varandil watched as the lady he had seen being taken by the girl opened the door. Good! She was even holding the door open for him, though she seemed as if she expected that to make him go away. Which it wouldn't. I'm in! He informed the dragon as he hopped swiftly past the lady and into their house. Just to be sure he couldn't be instantly kicked out, he hopped further inside and over to the laptop that was open. He started reviewing what was being looked at on the screen. The news, with Venril and Varandil in some of the news reports. Already? Wonderful.

Meanwhile, Venril had noticed the girl notice her. Definitely the same girl. Such wonderful luck that they didn't have to run all over town to find her. But the older dog started to come near her, and that caught her attention for a moment. For a dog that had taken to barking so much before, it now sure was brave to walk right up to a dragon and start checking her out. Her tail swished a little for a moment as she waited patiently for the dog to gets its fill of sniffing. To be courteous, Venril returned some sniffing to get just a little more information about the dog.

But soon she noticed the human girl starting toward her a bit. She ignored the dog now, watching the human. She would speak by now, but she didn't want to scare the girl. Varandil seemed to have already scared the girl by flying toward her before.

Clearly the odd black-eyed man was doing his job, because people had begun to enter the tent. The Ringleader was letting them in. Or, rather, Cyamir was. "Welcome to Circus le Mydknyght." He smiled at each one and repeated the same thing over and over.

'Locket' watched the beasts as they paced in their cages. "Relax, the show hasn't started yet," she said with a smile. The beasts said nothing. They continued pacing.

'Ember' sat alone. She was the second act. It would go in the same order as always: Kobra, then her, then Locket and the animals, and Cyamir would finish it all off. He'd also do a quick show at the start. After that, Locket would show the crowd Abyss. Abyss was the finishing act, now that the kitten had left.

'Kobra' was getting prepared. His snakes surrounded him, whispering things. He listened in case they said something important. But so far? Just nonsense.