Nanashi

seacatsmew's mind [Nightmare Edition]

"Where do you suppose we are?" This was becoming annoying. He knew where they were. Or had an idea. That much she knew perfectly well. "You had to go an piss people off didn't you?" They'd been at the same conversation for over two hours while trying to figure out where exactly to go. So far they ended up going in circles. So much for two natural trackers to figure out where they were going.

The bird glided off the larger pair of horns, dodging a spurt of fire as he did so. He unfurled a map in one graceful sweep as he landed, poking a spot with his claws. The dragon stalked up behind him, debating to eat him now or not. "Perhaps we go there?" His talon was resting on a spot not terribly far where names flickered in different colorings in a clump.

"You had it the entire time." Venril growled, snapping at the crow as he landed back on his favorite spot- her right horn- on her head. They had been accusing each other for the past two hours as well on who had the map. For some reason they both only received one map.

"Meee? No... We had it the whole time." Varandil laughed as he tucked it back under his feathers. He flew off her horn again, hovering just far enough away to not be snapped at instantly. "Shall we go?"

"When we get out of here-"

"You'll try to kill me. I'll try to kill you..." The crow mocked human movement as he made the comment nonchalantly. He moved back to her horn.

"We'll try to kill each other... with only one coming out on top." Venril finished grumpily, her tail lashing in anger.

"I'm already on top." The crow's face appeared down into her field of vision as he bent over to look at her upside down. She flipped herself, almost crushing the crow as they both landed on their backs.

"Now we're both on the bottom!" He mused as he laughed, righting himself as she did the same. He hopped out of the way of a claw as if it was normal and no big deal. "Perhaps we should go... they might be waiting for us."

"When we get out of here-"

"You'll try to kill me. I'll try to kill you..." The crow mocked again in the same fashion as they strolled along to where the group may be. He was once again on top of his favorite spot on the dragon, indulging the same conversation as many times as Venril allowed.

((*is now laughing* Venril and Venril/Whatevertheirnameis never fail to amuse me. And now I sound weird.))

"Oh, um, well, you see... I may have dragged you all in here on purpose... Because it isn't any fun alone... And, um, because I may or may not have destroyed multiple cities and gotten punished for it? It only works when you're asleep, don't worry. It's like a... Nightmare." I jumped down and in doing do spilled my tea. Funny that it decided to go in a amazing way and splash onto Caroline. "...Oops. That wasn't my fault. I think. Wait, E? A?" I froze. They were the only other ones able to control my mind. Well, minus my long line of personalities since I 'adapted', but they weren't likely to do anything. "Um. Anyways. Don't start assuming that. I can die like you. I died once in my mind, actually. Heh... My mind likes to do stuff by itself..."

Ignoring me, Carrion paused as she opened a map. Two were heading towards them. "Get out more tea. We have more visitors." Shifting to a crow, she flew over to the table and pulled a table out of midair. She placed it beside and chairs began to appear thanks to me. And more tea. She lifted into the air and landed on King's back. "Well, I guess we did say there'd be tea."

((What, you thought I was joking?))

He crossed his arms over his chest, trying not to roll his eyes at her. 'That's why it's called a subconscious, it's job is to do whatever the hell it wants' he mumbled internally. According to this person, who was apparently a mass murderer and therefore not to be trusted, she or possibly he had them all trapped here. If he thought it would be any help, he'd have just right out killed the girl, but what would that do? She mentioned dying once before, so apparently it wasn't possible to kick the bucket in the mindscape permanently or... He shook his head. He was going to get way off track. Things had gotten much darker and he was feeling it. Inflated height, darker hair, darker clothing, harder expression, etcetera etcetera. "Well, as much as I love psychology and the chance to go poking around in someone's most private innards, I think you had best get on with this whole 'trapping us while we're in physical comatose for fun' thing so I know what to do with you."

Edited by ArchiosLukos

"You make it sound like I'm a mass murderer. I made sure no one was in those cities.... I think." I paused to consider it. "...Anyways. You should return to you normal form when you wake up. But first, apparently we have more guests!" There was a cloud of smoke around me and I shifted to my humanish form. " Viola! As much as I dislike this form, it's better to greet people with! And better to drink tea with!" I smiled, then did a back flip, landing perfectly in a chair. "And that's what I get for having the balance and flexibility of a cat!" I took a sip of tea, and a slight purr came from me. I blushed slightly. "Oops. Forgot about that." King shifted and Carrion fell off, shifting just in time to crash. He sat down at the table. Carrion joined him. Felix paused, then followed them. The sooner this was over, the sooner she could avoid them.

They were almost there. Right? The map hadn't shown it that far. Then again, the crow was leading the way. He had the map outstretched between her horns, propped up on both sides as the tips of her smaller horns held it in place. He was laughing again.

What now? Venril asked mentally, stopping. She heard lots of talking up ahead.

We're in someone's mind no doubt. The crow returned the mental favor of speaking, continuing his laugh there.

The dragon bolted ahead as the crow and map came flying off. That's what she wanted.

"Gonna have to try harder to get me off deary." Varandil mocked as he alighted on her head again with the map neatly rolled up in one of his talons.

Venril skidded to a halt, the crow lurching forward as he hung on to her horn. "Why the sudden halt!?"

That damn bird would not die!!

They continued their short walk before rounding a slight corner to see a group of people and tables. And creatures.

Varandil immedietly adopted his 'host' attitude and perked up a bit. "To whom do we owe the chance of meeting?" The question sounded out of place. He really was just trying to gauge who all could speak, and whether or not they were hostile to him. The one seemed somewhat hostile.

Venril stopped where she was, sitting and adopting a very elegant posture with a crow on her right horn. The map had disappeared again. "Don't mind the old bird. He's a loony." She interjected before anyone could speak. If anyone was crazy it was probably them both. Combined made it even worse.

"Or mind the loony and not the murderous dragon."

"Or neither of us. Mind neither of us. Saves you a millennia or more."

"Or just a century."

Venril rolled her eyes. Always had to be the smartalic. "Or neither." She added again, shaking her head violently in an attempt to dislodge the crow as she walked forward to a nearby table near them.

Varandil hopped off after the fifth shake, laughing like he had before. "Or both." He added again as he landed on the table. "Or neither." He stole what Venril was going to remind them.

She swatted at the loony bird. He flew up, circling before landing on her right horn again with a loud- almost sinister- laughing caw. "Missed again! I told you-" He bent over again to appear in her vision upside down. "swatting at me won't get you anywhere. Just as me using fire on you won't get me anywhere but perhaps a burned scale... and my sword... that obviously didn't get us anywhere either. You half froze the ground then, remember?" He tapped her lightly on the snout with a wing. Cool white smoke fumed up from her nostrils. "Wouldn't want to burn or freeze our guests..." He corrected his posture, fluffing up his feathers a little bit to get more comfortable.

"We are their guests." The answer was cold and held an annoyed tone. Had they been through this too?

"I am on top." The statement didn't matter.

"When we get out of here-" It still held the same cold, angry tone the twentieth time around.

"You'll try to kill me. I'll try to kill you..." A sing-song tone rang from the crow as they both starred at the same person. It wasn't anyone in particular though, and certainly not on purpose. Venril's gaze held a cold stare that almost seemed as if she would kill you just by looking. Varandil? His golden eyes showed an innocent and loving crow. The only thing off about the bird was that he was slightly larger than your average crow. He almost seemed to be the size of a raven. Venril still wanted to kill him.

When the two entered the room he seemed to deflate somewhat. Oh god, how many of them were there? He let himself fall back, landing on his haunches with his knees up near his chest defeatedly, the ground giving a sad squish in response. Oh how he just wanted to go home. How did it work? Close your eyes and wish to surface? He screwed his eyes shut and buried his curly brown locks into the dark red velvety material of his pants. 'wake up, Wake Up, WAKE UP, WAKE UP' he didn't feel anything different and when he cautiously opened his eyes and peered up, it was still the same room. Sighing, he toyed with the collar around his neck. Maybe if he just submitted to the cat. girl. jailer. monster. and did what she wanted, then eventually she'd let them all out of here. The entire place gave him the creeps and so did the people. He hated being around so many unfamiliar people.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

I waited for the two to finish. Kind of. It was only polite. Kind of. I don't know, I was trying not to release all the beautiful chaos I had barely contained. "Don't break the tables, that's King's job. I'm seacatsmew, or GhostSombra, or Sombra, or... I can't name all of them. Most call me sea. Or seacat. Or seacats. Welcome to my mind," I said. "Another crow, hmm? Well, you don't seem as violent as Carrion." The crow girl pulled a table out of midair and glared at me. "Do you want a trip back to Table Mania?" she asked, smiling. I moved slightly away from her. "...No..." I whispered. The table vanished but she continued staring at me. "...Felix," Felixandra slowly said. "King."

Venril couldn't bare the fact there was another crow. The female. Maybe she could get them together? Couldn't be too hard right? Maybe that was the key to getting them all out of here. Were they all stuck here or was it just her and the loony-bird?

"Would hate to break some tables miss..." The crow bowed to Sea and was jostled by Venril who sauntered over to the human human. Somewhat human. He was curled up like a human.

"And you are?" She suddenly had a very warm caring tone to the question. That shocked Varandil as he shifted when she sat, dodging the wings as they unfurled a little to sit majestically along with her. The crow cawed softly as if he had to cough for a moment. He turned to face Sea this time, noticing the girl pull a chair out of the air.

The crow chuckled a little, hopping down to the table. A little blue flame appeared by his beak, illuminating the bird's face eerily. "Table Mania sounds fun. Burnable though too... which is a shame." He mentioned to the Carrion named girl. The flame disappeared as the crow turned back to Venril with a wing outstretched. "That is Venril. A crazed dragon you never should cross... no matter how many tables you have miss..." He bowed, then turned to Sea. "Or miss." He finished.

His feathers fluffed out proudly. "That's Varandil. Likes to use my name. He'll kill you in your sleep. Tried it with me already." The Se'kal interrupted coldly again. She didn't even turn around.

"I'm not the one with tables. Normally. Well, apparently I can pull things out of midair here. I don't know. I'm late for tea." To stop myself from saying anything weirder, I took a sip of my tea. "Some are. I have metal tables. Wooden tables are better to break over sea's head, though. Also, too bad we're technically sleeping right now." Carrion looked over at Varandil, the threat vanishing from her eyes. I released my breath, glad the crow girl's focus was on someone else. She suddenly pulled a sword out of midair and threw it at King. He caught it easily. "Keep your junk out of my Table Mania." "Of course." He broke the sword easily. Carrion muttered something, then shifted into a crow and flew to King, landing on his head. "Can we not skip the tea and introductions? We don't have all day. or night." "But Carrion..." I shifted into a cat again and climbed onto the table, looking up at her. Then I froze as she glared at me. "U-Um, okay, if everyone's okay with it," I quickly said. "Carrion, you're great at making sea do whatever you want," King said cheerfully, standing up and shifting. Carrion moved to the golden wolf's back. "Aww, thanks," she said. Felix stayed quiet.

He bit his lip and doggedly avoided meeting the gaze of the Se'kal. Why did everything have to be so strange here? His eyes rested on her paws for a while, which were really very lovely and in beautiful colors, but when he did venture upwards, he never got too far past her great muzzle. In waking life, well, he wasn't sure whether or not he'd welcome a dragon being so close to him. However, he would love to draw one, if he saw it... Tentively he looked up into her eyes. They were a gorgeous honey-amber color with lots of complexity and the iris took up nearly all of it. His eyes widened slightly. "Raoul" he murmured, quickly casting his gaze down again as a feeling akin to someone slamming down on all the notes of a keyboard permeated his back. Oh, he shouldn't be here...

Venril cocked her head playfully, noticing Raoul was rather a sad sort at the moment. Could she change that? It certainly would give Varandil something else to mutter about minus all the talk of killing each other. She lowered her head a little, peeking into his view as her neck bent slightly upward from the downward appearance in order to do so.

"Venril." She said happily, her tail swishing a little. She raised her head again as talk of skipping introductions started. The crow was at it again.

Varandil watched everyone shift. Seemed to him they were the only normal ones here- himself and the smallish dragon. He didn't mind that. "So where do you suppose we go?" He hopped a little in excitement. This would be a possible adventure. He watched them a little more, feeling eyes on his back. The dragon.

A quick flip backwards landed the unusual crow on the Se'kal's right horn again with a laugh. This time however she did nothing to shake him off. That was usual after four days of them being in each other's company. What happened?

"I'm not carrying you constantly." Her eyes peered upward so the crow wouldn't have to bend so far. "I'll try to carry you!" He cawed with the same excitement, suddenly pulling upward and flapping as hard as he could. He felt the dragon rise a little but soon he was dragged backward. Stopping, he realized she had simply stood on her hind legs and was now laughing herself.

"Looky that, you did it!" Venril joked with a playfulness Varandil would not have expected so early in their time together. Where was the hating dragon in this mess of happiness? He peered down questioningly to her eyes which she winked once and let herself fall back to all four legs.

Games? The mental question rang through Venril's head. We're stuck here with a bunch of people we don't know. A bunch of crazier people than us... which is hard to achieve. Might as well skip the killing each other for being stuck here and work together. She felt the crow bob once. Deal. Do we kill each other when we get out of here still?

Venril didn't answer that. She didn't know. They used to get along very well together, but now? Before they came here they were arguing. Perhaps they didn't have to.

"I have absolutely no idea what's going on," Felix muttered under her breath. King shook Carrion off him and walked over to the door, looking at it. Carrion landed on the table and shifted, taking a sip of tea. I followed King, then paused. "...Uh? Hello? You there?" I asked... The door. A yawn came... From the door. "...Hmm? Oh! Sea? And King?" it said. "Yup. Good to see you again. Or hear you again. Any hints for what's in the next room?" "Of course. Well, the hallway, at least...

Past this door and through the night,

The light you once held shone so bright.

But now that is not what you need;

One must have a pure heart won't they won't feed.

This new group may serve you well,

As long as they don't become empty shells...

I see one who will die,

But the rest of you I think may survive."

"Last two didn't really rhyme. But okay. Someone's gonna die ad the rest of us might make it." "Wait, what? We're going to die?!" Felix asked, standing up. "Do you want to kill us?!" "H-Hey, I don't control the rooms!" I said. "Then how did you get these?" she snapped, the knife appearing in her hand again. "C-Calm down, F-Felix! I c-can only control c-certain rooms!" I backed up, now against the door. I didn't want to touch the walls. The door was fine. Felix moved towards me and I pushed myself against the door. "But you just said you can't control any room. You're lying." "I-I meant-" Felix pointed her knife at me. "Don't you dare ****ing lie." She turned away.

((...I dislike Felix...))

The riddle and ensuing craziness only drove him further into paranoia. Nobody could keep quiet for not even two seconds. There was a constant chatter about chairs and tables and tea and a whole manner of things that people shouldn't be at all concerned about. Death. It was gonna be him, wasn't it? He cringed at the sound of metal being drawn. Him or the girl.

Of course. Well, the hallway, at least...

I guess this will be the sweet release...

Past this door and through the night,

I'll deal with these monster's darkest plights

The light you once held shone so bright.

And now it dims, the flame not right

But now that is not what you need;

What need I is to soon be freed

One must have a pure heart won't they won't feed.

Then I'm surely dead and left to bleed

This new group may serve you well,

Hah, that's a joke this is a living hell

As long as they don't become empty shells...

I suppose it'll be only time who tells...

I see one who will die,

You don't have to repeat it to one such as I

But the rest of you I think may survive.

Dark and evil always thrives...

((I. Am. AMAZED. I wrote that rhyme really quick and with problems, but THAT IS AWESOME.

I suck at rhymes and poems and stuff but the door chick- whoever it is, forgot her name, will check soon since she's in every one of them- only gives hints in riddles and rhymes and such.))

I moved away from the door, keeping away from the walls. The walls were dangerous. Only normally in rooms like this one, though. "Isn't this lovely~ I haven't been here for a while, now have I, sea?" Automatically I arched my back and hissed, fur standing on end and ears backwards. I knew that voice. "A..." I said. A girl walked over to me, picking me up and looking at me. "A, PUT ME DOWN," I hissed, attempting to scratch or bite or... Something. But I failed. "Now, now; A's only a nickname. It's Alise," she said. "Alise, put her down." Another girl appeared, frowning. ""Aww, but E..." 'E' watched as 'A' put me down. "Sorry about that. I'm 'E', or Ealis. Now, Alise, come on- We're not even supposed to be here yet." The two suddenly... Vanished.

((Alise is pronounced Alice, Ealis is pronounced Eel-is. I had to have their names in a certain way. A--se, Ea--s. Move the front letter to the back of Alise's name or the last letter to the front of Ealis's name and you get sea. And they both have 'li' in their names.

Anyways, E and A are, like I said, basically different sides of me. 'A' would be dark seacats, and 'E' is... She's... Just... Don't let her fool you, she likes seeing others in pain.

I'm weird, I know. I mean, these two are actually other sides of me, so... Just... I'm gonna go hide now...))

Caroline jumped as the tea spilled on her. She was taken by surprise, so she automatically screamed full volume. It was hot. She freaked out for a while, jumping around like a crazed monkey and totally ignoring the rest of the conversation. "Owowowow! Hot!" She cried out. "Too bad I don't have a change of clothes. Or a sink." She flopped onto the table, belly up and held the wet fabric away from her body. As soon as it stopped being burning hot, she let go and slapped herself. "I should have had Seacat make a change of clothes and a bathroom." She sat up again, sitting on her claws. Wait...claws? Looking at herself, she found that she was a phoenix. "AHHHHH WHY AM I SUDDENLY A PHOENIX WHAT AM I GOING TO DO I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY CLOTHES WENT AND I REALLY NEED A BATHROOM AND A CHANGE OF CLOTHES NOW!" She screamed. Freaking out for a bit, she happened to accidentally set the table on fire and turn a few of Carrion's feathers into smoke. She also managed to have a graceful (not) landing on the table after struggling to fly.

A unnatural black aura surrounded Carrion and her eyes were covered with shadows, showing only two red lights. Like in most animes, when someone's about to kill someone. She stood up, then brought another table, slamming it on the flaming table and sending Caroline into the air. Still having that odd look, she leaped into the air and swung her table at Caroline, sending her flying. Then she landed, sighed, and made the tables vanish, the aura vanishing and her eyes normal.

"Wh-" Caroline managed to say before being sent flying. Struggling again, she managed to glide for a few seconds. "Oh! Thanks! I'm flying now!" She said, completely unaware of the aura that had surrounded Carrion. However, her brief glide was cut short by a wall. A squishy one. "EWWW EWWW EWW!" She cried out, trying to get away from the wall. She somehow started to breathe fire and set the teapot on fire and burn a tiny bit of the wall. "I need to learn to fly and not set things on fire..." She muttered to herself after balancing herself on the ground.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Caroline touched the wall.

Cue pain, blasting through my entire body.

A bloodcurdling screech came free as I fel over, clutching my head, which was where the pain was focused. "For Arceus's sake! Don't touch the walls!" I yelled. Yup, Pokemon reference. I didn't want to offend, after all. Another screech came from me- How did I even make such horrible noises? The room began to darken. Carrion and King moved closer to each other. After all, it's nice to have a glowing wolf near you when it looks like the end of the world is coming. Felix moved closer to the two, and the shadows were increasing. Another clown. But this one...? It was holding needles. The ones you'd use at a hospital. Terror showed on my face as the pain vanished. "And we're dead." Funny. The clown was focused on me. But I guess killing me would kill us all... Right? Hopefully not. "What is with you and clowns?!" A table destroyed the nightmare. Carrion was angry. Even more then that. She wanted to kill me, but that would do no good. "They're terrifying!" I said as the room returned to normal. Carrion sighed. "Great. Your mood affects this place." "It is my mind, after all." Carrion sighed.

((Gonna play Pokemon Y until DS dies. Kicked off laptop. Don't expect me to return for a while.))

He yelped, jumping forward and latching himself onto Venril's neck, huddling against her scales. Raoul shivered, staring with terrified wide eyes at the girl, knife, needles, darkness, knife, flying, violence, needles, girl, knife, table, violence, table, knife, table... Despite how dangerous dragons could be, not that he'd know, he'd never met a dragon but despite that, it was much safer using one as cover against very insane murderous people than anything else. There was that and he had decided that the green dragon was much nicer and much more trustworthy than any of the other lunatics. She was least like an escaped asylum patient out of any of them. Yes. Then more darkness and screaming. Bloodcurdling screaming and writhing and tremors like a foghorn blasting through his being as if he were no more than a liquid, which he might very well be at this point, he couldn't tell. He whimpered softly as he let out the breath he'd been holding when it stopped. His body slumped, suddenly cold from sweat and already weary even though he knew he was resting just outside.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

"...Well, that was fun!" Carrion slammed a metal table over my head. The table broke and disappeared. "HEY! I'm pretty sure you don't want to kill me!" I said. "Let's just hurry up. I won't kill you until we're out of this place." Her words didn't exactly comfort me. "Good idea, before there's more clowns. Or..." I shook my head, which actually slightly shook the room. "Um. Just. Yeah." Carrion rolled her eyes and sighed, looking over at Caroline. I fell back to the ground, pain blasting through again... But how? Cue Carrion's true personality. A smile appeared and she looked down at me, her voice sickeningly sweet, with venom hidden inside. "Aw, looks like the poor little kitty has a burn!" she said. King remained perfectly normal. This happened a lot.

((...Carrion's scary...))

Venril growled at the clown holding the needles before it disappeared. She hated needles. But she didn't know what to make sense of Raoul clinging to her. He seemed more scared than anyone. Except Sea. Sea was freaking out. Once that was over the dragon released herself from Raoul and nuzzled him a little to see if he was ok.

Varandil stayed perched atop the dragon's right horn trying to make sense of it all. The walls clearly had something to do with it. But that riddle still stuck through his head. Were they all going to die? He certainly didn't have the purest heart. Sea had a burn this time, and though he was slightly fond of Carrion he didn't appreciate the mocking. Especially to the girl who's mind they were in. Or cat. He couldn't decide.

"I'll burn or freeze whatever i have to... especially if it has needles." Venril whispered to Raoul, helping him upright without him wanting to. He was going to need to stand to get anywhere. And she liked him. Well, in perspective to everyone else. He at least wasn't trying to murder people by trapping them in his mind or slamming tables all over.

The crow chuckled a little at Venril's comment. "Don't forget your famous poison.... that'll certainly do any needle-holding baddies in." He flew suddenly up to Raoul's right shoulder. He preferred the right sides over the lefts, but from here he got a better view of everyone. Plus, as an added bonus, he could look down on Venril without her trying to burn him. He liked marveling at her scales from above, and being on someone she didn't try to murder allowed him to do that much safer.

Pain gone- for now- Carrion's smile vanished. I sat up and paused, looking at Carrion's neck. "...Carrie... Your tattoo is... Um... Glowing." She shot me a questioning look. "My tattoo doesn't glow." I held a paw up and a mirror appeared, hovering over it. Carrion took it and moved her hair away from the right side of her neck and paused. "...Huh. It is." A rose-shaped tattoo was on her neck. The stem actually wrapped around the back to the left side before stopping where no one saw it. The blossom was glowing red. "...Interesting." She moved her hair back, only a faint red glow visible, and handed the mirror back. I expanded my mouth and swallowed the mirror whole.

((Yes, Carrion has a tattoo. It's normally completely black.

The rose's stem has thorns.))

He let his arms drop when prompted, bumping her head softly in return and blushing at his own incompetence as Venril took it upon herself to lift him to his feet. He was grateful for her protection as it was just about the only thing he had right now, but he was embarrassing himself and he didn't know what he could do to stop it. He knew that he wasn't very brave, but it seemed worse in this place. Had he known her for more than two minutes, he might have smiled or brushed his fingers over her cheek in thanks, but he hadn't.

Raoul ducked his head as Varandil flew over, not wanting to get the crow's black talons tangled in his curly hair. He shifted awkwardly as the bird landed on his shoulder, fighting the impulse to bat it away since it was a companion to the green-scaled dragon. He glanced at the crow out of the corner of his eye, but he didn't seem to have anything to say to him. Biting the inside of his lip, he sheepishly looked over the rest of the room, remaining close to Venril all the while and looking aside as not to gag at the girl named Sea as she swallowed her mirror whole "..."

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Glowing tattoos, crazy people with table-bring powers, walls that wanted to kill everyone, being trapped in a psychopath's mind; it couldn't get worse. Right? Neither dragon nor crow was very sure of that. Venril, especially, knew things could get much worse before they got any better.

"How about we set off to wherever we're supposed to go instead of trying to kill each other more?" The dragon's voice broke what silence was left with an air of authority to it Varandil hadn't seen her use in ages. She perked up too, standing to full height with wings resting comfortably and easily at her sides. He returned to her right horn after noticing Raoul was uncomfortable with him being on his shoulder and rode along on the dragon as she turned to face Sea and Carrion. Now it was his turn.

He fluffed up a little more to not seem absolutely bones. "Glowing tattoos and trying to kill people or not... I'd say the dragon speaks some truth. We all want out. Maybe not Sea here... since it is her mind n all, but the rest of us do... and trying to kill each other here now won't make a difference to that. Sea brought us all here for a reason. We're all valuable for something-"

"Killing each other off won't help that matter. Nor will it make it particularly pleasant later on for anyone who attempts to take a life here if I have anything to say about it." The sudden cold tone after she started her threat worried Varandil for a moment. He recognized it and was none too happy to hear it. Last she used a similar threat was when a larger dragon got killed. He doubted they knew of her poison ability. That would be one for the surprises. Someone pisses her off enough and gets scratched. Better hope she wasn't too mad.

But the threat also surprised him for another reason. Venril wasn't against killing people. Sure, outrightly she was against much of it. But killing for a reason she could understand. As long as that reason didn't tie in to her she generally would be fine with it. Him, on the other hand, was a rather soft soul at heart. He preferred not to kill. Which was never evident in the torture he put his victims through or in some of his pranks. But it was there. Well hidden and cared for, but still there.

"Is this a bad time to mention the reason I brought you all here was so that I didn't have to face the punishment for destroying multiple villages by myself...?" I asked. "Whatever, let's just hurry up." Carrion was the one to open the door.

A hallway? More like a tunnel. The hallway was rounded and black, dark purple things barely visible as they moved along. A single blue light was in the middle of the hallway, floating. A door was barely visible on the other side. Numbers appeared. Each one was 9. There were 7 of them... And they all moved quickly, into us. Weird. They did nothing.

Well, I knew what they did. "Looks like we each have nine lives. It begins now. If you ever need a map, just think about it and it should appear. Now then..." I turned, my eyes now completely black and soulless. "Welcome to sea's mind- The Nightmare Edition. Taking over sea's body is hard. So don't expect to see me again!" They giggled. "This is the Path of Songs! Try not to stray off of it... Or else you might never wake up!" My eyes returned to normal. "...What... The..." I muttered. I had heard all of that, and seen myself. Like I was floating out of my body. "...Well, then. It seems like we have another," I said, shaking my head. "...Well, come on, then." I turned and walked through, followed by Felix, Carrion, and King.