DragonKami

Santa

What do you think of Santa?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wasn't the legend of Santa based on an actual toymaker?

While the Santa that supposedly lives at the North Pole and delivers presents in a flying sleigh with magical reindeer isn't real, there was a man (or maybe a few) who were toymakers and made toy gifts for children.

He's an alieeeeeen

Specifically, he's a Time Lord. He uses his TARDIS to get all around the world in one night (for him it's more than that, but it seems like it only takes him one night because he is in many places at once).

The head santa lives on a mountain called Korvatunturi in Finland. Because of the shape of the fell he can hear every christmas wish in the world.

He does however have several helping santas all over the world since he might not make it all across the globe in time, because the human population has increased in number so much. The one who always visits our house lives on the nearby mountain, he's splitting the living space with the local witch who lives there as well. Every year he comes down on the mountain on a snowmobile that could really use some repairs because it keeps getting stuck out on the meadow so that an adult has to go outside and fix it while the santa comes inside to visit the families and give them their gifts.

Head santa does have reindeers, even though his mode of transport has become more modernized in modern times. Anyway, these reindeers are sometimes seen together with other reindeers belonging to the reindeer herding Saami population, but santa's reindeers are distinguishable from the tiny, tiny jingle bell attached to one of their ears.

ADP is Santa Claus biggrin.gif

While the Santa that supposedly lives at the North Pole

He don't live in north pole, he lives in my country, Korvatunturi, but i don't know what is it in english.

Edited by DangerDragon

I may have never seen him, but I still leave cookies and milk out at Christmas time. smile.gif Wishful thinking? Maybe, but my inner child will never stop believing.

Santa is real. He is a spirit and watches out for goodness and evil.

I believe Santa is a fun image for little kids. Or those with an inner little kid tongue.gif

Though the Santa in that guardians movie has his tattoos and swords... man, could scar a kid. That's all I was thinking throughout the whole movie.

I believe Santa is a fun image for little kids. Or those with an inner little kid tongue.gif

Though the Santa in that guardians movie has his tattoos and swords... man, could scar a kid. That's all I was thinking throughout the whole movie.

Yeah. xd.png that movie would be kinda scary for really young kids. :L

Also, YES. SANTA IS AN ALIEN! How have I not thought of it before?

laugh.gif I believe in Santa Clause. He is real. Every year on Christmas Eve he brings presents to my house. I respect Santa. I leave him cookies and milk. LOL

user posted image

He has Solstice dragons helping him on his sleigh.

Some people think they saw Santa's sleigh flying on a cool moonlit winter night, when what they saw was only Artemis' moon chariot.

I believe Artemis and Santa are friends.

tongue.gif On a completely unrelated note, I believe Santa and Jesus are also friends.

He's an alieeeeeen

Hes a Klingon I tell you, a Klingon!...

If Santa was hypothetically real, he'd go insane, trying to make all those iPhones and Tablets and Next Gen Game Consoles every year doesn't sound easy.

Edited by Psyduсk

That Santa is freaking awesome! And wasn't he meant to be truer to the actual legend of the toymaker? Or at least the origins?

I love the Santa mythos, but I'm not a fan of parents lying to their kids and using Santa to bribe their kids into behaving for a month. If you've chosen to go the "Santa is real" route, I mean no offense, because they are your kids and it's your decision how to raise them. However, my kids will understand that Santa is pretend, but that it's fun to pretend!

I used to like stories about Santa Claus when I was a kid, and I don't think it's not so bad to tell them to kids, but I don't think it's good to make them believe in it too much. Agreeing with the post above. smile.gif

I remember being pretty upset when I realized Santa was made-up and mad at my parents for lying, but looking back at it now I'm glad I believed! It was fun believing and leaving out cookies (although I still do that wink.gif) and if I hypothetically had kids (although I don't plan to) I would most likely tell them about Santa.

I love the Santa mythos, but I'm not a fan of parents lying to their kids and using Santa to bribe their kids into behaving for a month. If you've chosen to go the "Santa is real" route, I mean no offense, because they are your kids and it's your decision how to raise them. However, my kids will understand that Santa is pretend, but that it's fun to pretend!

I am 70, and I believe in Santa. My children believed in him too. (There was one wonderful moment in their childhood when a friend of mine heard my kids and hers discussing it all, and one of hers said "No, he IS SO real because our parents wouldn't spend that much money on junk for us, now would they ?" VOICE OF TRUTH !)

But the day that a 5th grade TEACHER (who to be fair was mortified when we complained) let out in class the fact that she saved left over Hallowe'en candy to put in her kids' stockings was the day I had to explain something to my terribly upset daughter. But I told her what I STILL truly believe is the truth - that Santa is the name for the spirit of giving in us all, and that he shows himself in a lot of different ways.

She was entirely happy with that and did not feel she had in any way been lied to. (Now, my own (other) daughter is about to have to have this talk with her daughter - who is on the autism spectrum. That one will be harder, as she is TOTALLY literal... I suggested that since the girl already believes there is a spirit in a tree in the school grounds, maybe that could be used to help - but we shall see...)

Edited by fuzzbucket