kahrkunne

How fast can you type?

I got a 109 on that site and then got too shaky and decreased to 103. xP Interesting that it was already higher than my score on the other test. =o

I guess there's advantages to each way. With ones with whole sentences, it's easier to keep in my head what I'm typing and I go a little faster because of that, rather than trying to process a random jumble of words. On the first one, on the other hand, you don't have to worry about punctuation, and there's almost no capital letters, just words and spaces. It's the punctuation and stuff that trips me up slightly when I do full-sentence ones.

user posted image

My best after a few tries.

You people have insane speeds, I need to get out of the habit of typing with two fingers. The sentences with a lot of commas threw me off sometimes. laugh.gif

user posted image

I've gotten higher in the past but this isn't too bad for my first round in a while tongue.gif

user posted image

I typo too much ; _ ;

There's something wrong with the second test O_o

user posted image

Where are all those underscores coming from? I do Control + Backspace to delete a lot of my typos... is that adding a weird character in there and that's why? O_o

Edited by lluvia

user posted image

I never learned to type properly, and I use only my thumbs, index fingers, and middle fingers. My speed varies too, depending on what I'm writing. I go 40 WPM during casual typing sessions, but I've gone up to 90 during special occasions.

Very fast indeed. But I assume you want accuracy or something... xd.png

I don't time myself. It would only depress me. I can touch type, but am faster not doing (I'm not two fingered, just - weird !)

Aw, damn! I tried taking both of the tests, but the keyboard on my laptop has gotten finicky and messed up over the last year or so I can't achieve the results I know I'm capable of. Some of my keys stick or don't depress all the way unless you apply intense pressure, making typos unavoidable. I know I'm a very fast typist though since I've taken these kinds of tests before, and most people I talk to are surprised by how much I can get written in a short amount of time, it makes me feel a bit self-conscious. When I'm really in the zone on a better keyboard I can do well over 120 WPM, or around 110 - 115 WPM otherwise.

It's so funny how much pressure taking a typing test can put on you and to see how drastically different it is to type something under unusual circumstances compared to chatting casually.

user posted image

This was my third try, I think my first was 118, then 128. Usually I only get in the 120's when I do these tests ohmy.gif

Words per minute (WPM) 48

Keystrokes 241

(241 | 0)

Correct words 47

Wrong words 0

You are better than 70.43% of all users (position 41829 of 141445 - last 24 hours)

aha, I'm not that fast. I only type with one hand, though.

Words per minute (WPM) 80

Keystrokes 398

(398 | 0)

Correct words 74

Wrong words 0

You are better than 91.92% of all users (position 11441 of 141620 - last 24 hours)

No errors yay!

Wow. I can get about 75 WPM when I just sit down and write (maybe with some music blaring through headphones haha), but people in the 100s? Wow. You win!

Personally I use TypingTest.com as a scale for speed, they use sentences that are decently easy and you can't change the paragraph and time limit.