kahrkunne

How fast can you type?

10fastfingers.com

How fast can you type? Pic related is the highest pic I have, my record is 128WPM

user posted image

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Words per minute (WPM) 36

Keystrokes 219

(182 | 37)

Correct words 36

Wrong words 6

You are better than 56.37% of all users (position 52884 of 121209 - last 24 hours)

xd.png

Words per minute (WPM) 44

Keystrokes 226

(221 | 5)

Correct words 43

Wrong words 1

You are better than 68.99% of all users (position 37881 of 122139 - last 24 hours)

Not that fast xd.png

Most of those are slightly faster than the average person, at least according to wikipedia.

Still looking for someone to at least beat half my score though

Ooh, I've never done anything like this before. It was fun, but when I mess up I freak out and that throws my next word off too, oops. laugh.gif

user posted image

~I must've clicked to use a different test or something because my result box is different. Oh well, whatever.

Edited by Dimar

Words per minute (WPM) 107

Keystrokes 558

(535 | 23)

Correct words 98

Wrong words 3

You are better than 98.67% of all users (position 1692 of 127551 - last 24 hours)

These test don't really measure your real ability because they use short common words. Throw in any specialized terminology, numbers, capitalization and punctuation, and that will be a much more accurate picture. Although I do know that I type faster than everyone that I work with, so it helps with my job (typing is not in the job description but we have to type up all the technical steps that we took to resolve a client ticket - the faster I can finish those stupid notes, the faster I can move on to something productive).

@gilraen: There are very many different factors at play, beginning from - for instance - your nationality (don't forget many of us don't have English as our main language!). As for me, I will actually type much slower for this particular kind of test than I otherwise would with even rather complex (but flowing) texts. Reading from the screen and trying to process entirely different kind of input after each word doesn't fly well with me. Any kind of processing input that doesn't come from your own mind makes your typing slower.

user posted image

Not bad, for somebody who's having a bit of trouble typing straight because I'm too tired to read the words properly.

user posted image

Not a native speaker and I still use mainly just four fingers for typing (index and middle on both hands).

I type using mainly two fingers, the left index and right middle finger. I use my left thumb to press shift, but otherwise, that's it. The below image is better than what I usually get, with 65wpm or thereabouts being my 'average'.

user posted image

To those who aren't native speakers, those are some impressive scores!

When I'm writing (or should I say typing?) from the top of my head, it's usually riddled with spelling errors as fixing them as they occur is... what's the word? Ah yes, disruptive. Basically, it interferes with my work flow. Of course, it makes editing annoying later on. All in all; there are, as others have stated, a lot of factors that determine typing speed. I for one, write on paper really slowly, so being able to type at a decent rate is quite handy. Nonetheless, I find these types of tests fun. xd.png

@gilraen: There are very many different factors at play, beginning from - for instance - your nationality (don't forget many of us don't have English as our main language!). As for me, I will actually type much slower for this particular kind of test than I otherwise would with even rather complex (but flowing) texts. Reading from the screen and trying to process entirely different kind of input after each word doesn't fly well with me. Any kind of processing input that doesn't come from your own mind makes your typing slower.

I see an option to select from a variety of different languages, but I do agree with your point overall. These tests make me anxious to the point of being shaky and typing so long with no punctuation is awkward to me, so partially through I start adding commas after things and it takes up my time to delete those. xP

~

I got 98 and improved to 103 after that, then stopped because I always start going quickly downhill the longer I play (start getting super shaky).

I got 98 and improved to 103 after that, then stopped because I always start going quickly downhill the longer I play (start getting super shaky).

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was fun, since I do like trying to type quickly, but my hands started shaking really badly too which is why I stopped after I improved my score on the second try. I can only go so long before pressure gets to me. >.< (I was trying to work on programming with a professor today and couldn't type things correctly for the life of me while he was looking at the screen.)

its fun, yes, but I tried to do the german test and I was a lot slower there than in the English one - looking at the word selection a bit, they are very left-hand focused and due to them using mainly short words, you can't fall into many learned typing patterns for words, but have to restart the flow with every word. It takes me about the same time to type out a lot longer word than it takes me to type two shorts. so I get more keystrokes down if the words are more complicated - or the sentences, well, you know, actual sentences.

user posted image

Edited by whitebaron

...typing so long with no punctuation is awkward to me, so partially through I start adding commas after things and it takes up my time to delete those. xP
I, in return, ended up constantly pressing enter instead of space to get to the next word... "This is not a sentence, this is a list of words..."

(The word selection for my native is ... weird, in places.)

Words per minute (WPM) 33

Keystrokes 165

(165 | 0)

Correct words 33

Wrong words 0

You are better than 50.17% of all users (position 66625 of 133704 - last 24 hours)

I'm not very good. I know.

Edited by Corgi-osis

My biggest issue is that I read even faster than I type, and I kept skipping ahead a few words, which slowed me down when I realized I had to jump back to be on the right word. xd.png

Words per minute (WPM) 99

Keystrokes 499

(493 | 6)

Correct words 92

Wrong words 1

user posted image

I wonder how these scores differ from what you'd get if you WERE typing something with sentences, punctuation, and grammar. (My record for that was 61 wpm with 1 error, defined as any mistype including those repaired by backspacing). I don't much feel like taking one of these tests to compare results, though...

I type faster when there is sentences not just random words. Like the site that messures my speed is called Scripturetyper. I use it to help me learn my memory verse for bible study and it also messures my typing speed. My record on there is 123wpm but my average is 95 wpm